main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~The New Jedi Order: Jedi Academy~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mr_Sith, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

"Faster sounds good to me, but not that fast." she said, nodding her head toward TJ and her partner. "Stand ready."

With not much warning, Wren swung her lightsaber toward Britt the same way as before.

Britt began to agree but Wren attacked him, fairly without warning. His first instinct was to dodge it with his body, but his body wouldn't allow it. To his suprise, his body moved and parried the saber without thought, as if aided by something. He'd never really used the force for blocking something, and so this came as a complete suprise to him as he quickly regained his wits and kept the blades together.

"Wow, that's the first time I've relied on the Force for blocking," he stated to Wren. "That's a whole different kind of feeling than what I'm used to."

TAG: Wren, anyone

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

2. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    OOC: Okay FlamingBladeSabers hehe

IC:

Sierra gave a somewhat sedistic smile and was pleased of this. This was way more interesting and exciting. Slow was dull and just trudging on and on.

"There we go. Now we're getting somewhere," Sierra remarked with her eyes gleaming with excitement and action.

Sierra had clashed her saber with his as they continued the swinging motion Master Skywalker instructed them to do. Sierra wanted to continue further on with the other moves. Sierra saw it as an art and dance, and right now they were learning one step.

"I wish we'd do more. This gets too reiterating, dull at some points," Sierra commented lightly as she knew it wouldn't be the best thing for Master Skywalker to hear but he probabl did.

Sierra's heart raced as she took in every moment and was enjoying this. Speed did make it more thrilling

Tag: FlamingBladeSabers

3. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah - Jedi Temple, Yavin IV.

Zukaam managed to pull his lightsaber back fast enough to block the oncoming attacks, holy, she was good. The lightsaber wizzed back through the air towards Sierra. It made a hum for the moment it sawwed through the air. Zukaam managed to clash with her once again, the feeling of holding a lightsaber became addictive as the attacks that came after.

"Yeah, Luke probably doesn't want anyone to get hurt during the main exercises."

Zukaam tried to explain, although he didn't really know why Luke wanted to hinder the training.

TAG: Sierra, Luke, all the others.

4. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    "I'm sure no one will get hurt, unless they do something foolish and don't pay attention to what their opponent is doing, or worst yet, themselves. It's easy to get lost in all this, almost as if you're drunk I would relate it too...eventually you learn to control the excitement, but it's fun to let it go once and a while. I know during battles it can be rather difficult at first, but you train yourself to have control and realize it's not just fun an games. Right now I say it's mostly games, but most of you are learning for the first time" Sierra replied as she thought in her mind this was quite comforting and not an awkward situation.

Zukaam does seem like a nice guy. I am looking forward to working with him moreSierra thought in her mind as they continued to practice and swining hard and clashing sabers

Tag: FlamingBladeSabers

5. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli - Jedi Academy, Yavin 4

"Faster sounds good to me, but not that fast." Wren said, nodding her head toward TJ and her partner. "Stand ready."

With not much warning, Wren swung her lightsaber toward Britt the same way as before.

Britt began to agree but Wren attacked him, fairly without warning. His first instinct was to dodge it with his body, but his body wouldn't allow it. To his suprise, his body moved and parried the saber without thought, as if aided by something. He'd never really used the force for blocking something, and so this came as a complete suprise to him as he quickly regained his wits and kept the blades together.

"Wow, that's the first time I've relied on the Force for blocking," he stated to Wren. "That's a whole different kind of feeling than what I'm used to."

"The Force guided you?" she asked. "I don't know if I would recognize that. I suppose there have been times that it happened to me, but I don't know for sure. Mother always told me the hunches I got were just that." Wren thought a moment and smiled. "But then, they were trying to hide me and protect me." she raised the lightsaber in a ready position. "You're turn."

tag - BSSL

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

"The Force guided you?" she asked. "I don't know if I would recognize that. I suppose there have been times that it happened to me, but I don't know for sure. Mother always told me the hunches I got were just that." Wren thought a moment and smiled. "But then, they were trying to hide me and protect me." she raised the lightsaber in a ready position. "You're turn."

Britt shrugged. "I guess it was the Force. I mean, something made me block that...my mind wanted to dodge." he added.

"Allright," he added as he readied his training saber. "Ready yourself." he briefly warned before bringing his own saber down in attack.

TAG: Wren

7. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah - Jedi Temple, Yavin IV.

Zukaam pushed her lightsaber away in time to take a breath, the room was lit of excitement, bringing a gaze to Luke's eyes. They were improving by the second, Zukaam was really taking note of what Sierra was saying too. He brought his lightsaber up in motion with hers as the two collided fiercly and lit the room once again.

"You know, the sensation whenever you fight with these things is incredible. I wish fighting wasn't only for when you needed to aggresively negotiate something with someone, or defend yourself. Its mind relieving."

He looked around the room, simutaneous groups of female's and male's dueling with each other, when would they be ready to learn something different?

TAG: Sierra.

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz - TJ
    Training Room

TJ stared at him, looking very sad. Vaughn stood shaking across from TJ.
    He bowed his head in an apologetic gesture. He seemed a bit upset himself. What she felt in the Force conflicted within her, as she stayed quiet. It had definately dappened her eariler mood.

"I apologize TJ. That was uncalled for and I am deeply ashamed. Please forgive me." ..he paused. "If you wish to continue please feel free to vent on me... I deserve it. I give you my word that I shan't attack."

TJ tried not to wince at the sounds in his voice. She gave a soft sigh. "That is not the way of a Jedi, and I would gain nothing from it." she said gently. "Nor is it MY way." She looked around at the others practicing, before she looked back towards Vaughn.

"I would like to start over again, if you think you are up to it." she replied softly. "And maybe, you can show me that move again.....slower."
    She gave a small nod. She was not sure of whatever demons plagued Vaughn, but she was willing to try again. There was something diffrent about him. Perhaps, there was something to learn from him.

She waited for his response.

TAG: Vaughn, others

9. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room, Yavin IV

TJ tried not to wince at the sounds in his voice. She gave a soft sigh. "That is not the way of a Jedi, and I would gain nothing from it." she said gently. "Nor is it MY way." She looked around at the others practicing, before she looked back towards Vaughn.

"I would like to start over again, if you think you are up to it." she replied softly. "And maybe, you can show me that move again.....slower."
    She gave a small nod.

Returning the nod his face broke into a slightly rougueish grin. "Well let me explain it. Its a two handed strike designed to overpower your opponent. Its quite useful against those who are finesse fighters or those who simply lack enough physical strength to block it. The best course of action is to dodge it and look for an opening in which you can reposte. Well here I go, this time I'll take it slow."

With those words he swung, this time using al of his strength but keeping the blade from moving at such a high velocity. Hopefully she'd respond well to it. He really didn't want to make anymore enemies.

TAG: Ktala

10. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    "You actually can use it to meditate and just clear the mind. I do it all the time. I find dualing the lightsaber to be an art and dance almost. There's rhythms and two people work together in trying to defeat the other in battle. You can use it for meditation if you want. It is intoxicating and improves your skills little by little," Sierra pointed out as she stopped his saber and was taking a little breather. The two had been going at it crazily, but it was really working out.

"We shall learn more pretty shortly here I'm inticipating," she added.

Tag: FLamingBladeSaber

11. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah - Jedi temple, Yavin IV.

"Yes, my father always used to tell me about an ancient technique named Battle Meditation. It's a useful ability one can use to turn the tide in an all out battle."

Zukaam gave a slight nudge of his saber, positioning it for another strike.

"You're good at this," Zukaam added, assuring her.

TAG: Mertroid. This is getting boring Master Skywalker, enlighten us with another task. :)

12. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002

Britt shrugged. "I guess it was the Force. I mean, something made me block that...my mind wanted to dodge." he added.

"Allright," he added as he readied his training saber. "Ready yourself." he briefly warned before bringing his own saber down in attack.

Wren didn't have much time to block the attack, but her reflexes, maybe enhanced by the Force, helped her block it once more. It had come faster and stronger, and Wren was beginning to feel more confident with the training lightsaber.

tag - BSSL, others

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TJ

She gave a small nod as she spoke to Vaughn.

Returning the nod his face broke into a slightly rougueish grin. "Well let me explain it. Its a two handed strike designed to overpower your opponent. Its quite useful against those who are finesse fighters or those who simply lack enough physical strength to block it. The best course of action is to dodge it and look for an opening in which you can reposte. Well here I go, this time I'll take it slow."

With those words he swung, this time using all of his strength but keeping the blade from moving at such a high velocity. TJ now paid close attention to his action, and when his blade began to move, she moved as well, turning aside from his assault. She then waited until he swing had moved through where she had been, before she launched her own counterattack, as his body was off center from the slice.

As their blades hit, they crackled with energy. TJ then moved to shove back Vaughn's blade, and moved back to a ready position. Hmm. This wasnt so bad, after all. She would definatelly need to practice more.

TAG: Vaughn, anyone

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TJ

She gave a small nod as she spoke to Vaughn.

With those words he swung, this time using all of his strength but keeping the blade from moving at such a high velocity. TJ now paid close attention to his action, and when his blade began to move, she moved as well, turning aside from his assault. She then waited until he swing had moved through where she had been, before she launched her own counterattack, as his body was off center from the slice.

As their blades hit, they crackled with energy. TJ then moved to shove back Vaughn's blade, and moved back to a ready position. Hmm. This wasnt so bad, after all. She would definatelly need to practice more.

TAG: Vaughn, anyone

15. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    "Now Battle Meditation is VERY difficult to do. You have to be really focused and concentrated and centering yourself can be very time consuming. What's bad about it is force users can sense it and then work at stopping you from completing the task. It's very risky. It will take many years for us to learn, and I'm sure it took Master Skywalker time for him to learn," Sierra pointed out as she was glad to hear the people here had education though of the force.

"You're not too bad yourself either Rookie," Sierra winked and was waiting for them to begin another task.

Tag: Flamgingbladesaber

16. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

Britt smiled as he subsided with his 'attack'. He looked at the saber in his hand, marveling at it's lightweight and the strength of the blade. The blades meeting had been intense and Britt couldn't forsee himself ever really getting used to it.

"So..." he began, looking at Wren. "What do you want to do now?" he asked.

TAG: Wren, anyone

17. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam. Jedi Temple, Yavin IV.

"Yeah, my father used it once or twice when he worked with the rebel alliance."

He then span to defend from another one of her attacks, conveying his own.

TAG: Mertroid.

Such as short post, but it's because I've got nothing to post about anymore. Heh.

18. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room, Yavin IV

She then waited until his swing had moved through where she had been, before she launched her own counterattack, as his body was off center from the slice.

As their blades hit, they crackled with energy. TJ then moved to shove back Vaughn's blade, and moved back to a ready position.

"Very well done." he said as he bowed his head towards the alien. "Now lets try something different." His voice was full of encouragement. "If you want that is, its kind of advanced." At the word advanced his eyes took on a serious look.

What he had in my mind was quite a step up from what they had been doing previously. Vaughn wanted to make sure that TJ was up for it.

19. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002

Wren looked at what the others were doing. It looked a little more advanced than what she felt like doing. She knew that Britt was as new to this as she was.

"Maybe try winging it a little?" she suggested. "Unless Master Skywalker has more moves for us to practice."

tag - BSSL, Mr_Sith, others

20. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    "Very impressive," Sierra replied to Zukaam's statement about his father.

Sierra stopped an attack of Zukaam's and she looked around to see how the others were doing and what they were up to. She noticed Vaughn and TJ going into something advanced. Other people were trying out different things. Her eyes glistened and she thought they might as well move on.

"Master Skywalker doesn't seem to be telling us to move on, but the others are. I say we start adding some other techniques into this routine and that will make things more interesting," Sierra pointed out as she took her stance to wait and see how her new friend would react.

Sierra breathed calmly as she controlled the adrenaline flowing within her as the excitement continued to go on. Sierra was full of energy and her sapphire lightsaber glew upon her blue face and sapphire eyes.

Sierra only wondered how much of this would be going on, this simple training. She hoped to move on to the advanced techniques, but many of the others were just beginning

Tag: FlamingBladeSaber

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz - TJ
    Training Room, Yavin IV

As their blades hit, they crackled with energy. TJ then moved to shove back Vaughn's blade, and moved back to a ready position.

"Very well done." he said as he bowed his head towards the her. "Now lets try something different." His voice was full of encouragement. "If you want that is, its kind of advanced." At the word advanced his eyes took on a serious look.

TJ wondered about the look in his eyes. But, she was willing to try. And this time, she was on her guard. She switched the way she held the saber slightly, and nodded her head.

"Ok. Im willing if you are. Just leave my head intact, please." she said, as she readied to see what he would do next.

TAG: HoS

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

"Maybe try winging it a little?" she suggested. "Unless Master Skywalker has more moves for us to practice."

Britt thought this over for a second. "Sure, winging it sounds fun. It'll give me a chance to see if it really is the force helping me as well." He finished with a smile, but his face quickly fell into confusion. "So if we're just winging it...who goes first?" he asked.

TAG: Marna_Veign, Mr_Sith

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *nudges forward*

TJ

TJ waits to see what this new 'advanced move' would be, and hopped that master Skywalker would not be too upset.

TAG

24. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli - Yavin 4

"Maybe try winging it a little?" Wren suggested. "Unless Master Skywalker has more moves for us to practice."

Britt thought this over for a second. "Sure, winging it sounds fun. It'll give me a chance to see if it really is the force helping me as well." He finished with a smile, but his face quickly fell into confusion. "So if we're just winging it...who goes first?" he asked.

"How 'bout me?" Wren asked quickly, following it with her training lightsaber. She aimed toward his mid-section, strong enough for his lightsaber to meet with good resistance, but also in a way that she could avoid hitting him if he was not able to stop it.

At least, she hoped so.

tag - BSSL, Mr_Sith where are you this time? I think the students need more instruction before we kill each other, or badly burn, at least.

25. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Chamber

She switched the way she held the saber slightly, and nodded her head.

"Ok. I'm willing if you are. Just leave my head intact, please." she said, as she readied to see what he would do next. He could only smile at the emotion evident in her voice.

"Well this going to be rather fast. Stay on your toes. The goal of this excercise is to keep up with me." his voice neutral. It was calm and collected as if he had been having a boring chat over tea.

He moved. His muscles working to their full extent. He struck high first. The blow had some strength behind it. Mid swing he lashed his right leg out in an effort to sweep the legs TJ.

This was just the first of a rather powerful combination that he wanted to teach her. Hopefully she'd react the way he thought she would. Then the real fun would begin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.