main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~The New Jedi Order: Jedi Academy~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mr_Sith, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    OOC: Here is my character:

Name: Jeff Falen
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 155 lbs
    Species: Human
    Personality: Bold, daring, weird and unique.
    Attire: Jeff wears black Jedi robes. Underneath, he usually wears a sleeveless black shirt, and loose black pants. His boots are all black, and he usually wears a black fishnet.
    Homeplanet: Naboo
    Biography: Jeff Falen was born on Naboo during the end of the Civil war with the Empire. His parents were killed when he was one year old, and was taken in by his aunt and uncle. He grew up a strange kid, always different than the other kids. He was a natural born athelete and worked hard at everything he did. Though, he didn't care too much for the regular sports, he stayed at home and practiced with his parents swords, acting like he was a jedi in the Clone Wars, something he was told so much about.

When he turned 16, he left his autn and uncle and went off planet in search of something to do with his life. He had heard of the Jedi order being rebuilt on the fourth moon of Yavin, and knew that he was destined to become a Jedi, for this was what he dreamed of from the time he was a little kid. He flew there as fast as he could, and eventually was taken in, being found fairly strong in the ways of the Force.

OOC: I will have a post up tomorrow.

darth_nemisis

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TJ

TJ was in an auditorium, wide eyed. The auditorium was still buzzing with chatter. So many people, from all walks of life all over. The person that she found out ran this place, was called Luke Skywalker. And right now, they were all waiting for him to be on stage. Eariler, he had gone thru the area, talking to some poeple. Soon, she saw him enter on the stage.

The Jedi Master strode to the stage, and tried to quiet the crowd.
    "Everybody....everybody...if I may have your full attention."

The crowd quieted.

"I would like to welcome you all to the Jedi Academy. Congratulations on getting here, and being the very first class," Luke smiled. "Although many of you differ in race, age, and personality, none of you are better than the other. We're all equal here, and we're all striving towards the same goal: to furthen and establish the Jedi Order in the New Republic, to bring peace, and hope to a galaxy that is still riddled by war, and suffering."

She looked around at all the people. Wow. The first class? That was pretty neat. Luke continued talking. "Since this is the opening class of the New Jedi Order, I will be training all of you by myself. Although I may not be able to reach out to all of you like a traditional Master-Apprentice pairing would, I will do my best to see to it that you all become honorable Jedi. Now, if any of you have any questions, now is the time."

TJ smiled. She liked how that sounded. Maybe, if she worked really hard, she could be like the other Jedi from her homeworld. She sat hapilly, listening to what the Luke had to say.

TAG: Anyone

3. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    OOC:How many years ABY is this exactly?

IC as Vaugh Serratt

Dining Hall, New Jedi Temple, Yavin IV

So this was Luke Skywalker. Hero of the Rebellion and champion of the New Republic. At first glance he was nothing special, sandy blonde hair, average height, lithe build. Vaughn thought that he could probably take him. With closer inspection however the truth of Skywalker became apparent, he was as radiant as a star in the force. The closest thing he had ever felt to this was when he was with the Emporer, yet Palpatine had radiated a terrible aura of darkness whereas Skywlker seemed to radiate positive emotions.

This man, even though he didn't know it had twice affected his life forever. The first time he had killed his adopted father, a guardsmen aboard the Death Star. The second he had freed him, the destruction of Palpatine had raised a yoke from his neck that he'd been totally ignorant of. Now here he was prepared to be molded into a Jedi by the man who had killed the only fathers he had ever known.

Breaking from his thoughts he glanced around the room he took a deep breath... there were quite a few aliens in the group. That would take a little getting use to. Afterall aliens had started the Clone Wars and had led up to the Emporer's ascent.

Taking a sip of his drink he could feel the untapped power in the room... one day that power would protect the galaxy. One day he would protect the weak.

TAG: anyone

4. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Kahsa Neebo
    Yavin Four

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker?s calm, even voice had such a resonance that it was hard to not pay attention to his personal introduction. Even the Rebel instructors didn?t always speak so closely to their students. What a humbling to have the man that pretty much turned the war effort into the Rebellion?s favor and then protected still stand right before him and speak.

What am I doing here? ?Equal?? Look at this! Over half the people here a kids, young men at that! I?m 31, ok, maybe older but that doesn?t matter. Equal? I couldn?t lift a pound of gooju juice before half these kids.

Kahsa scoffed at his own self-directed anger. He was still young and still on the run at times. Every once and a while a bounty hunter would show up to claim the age old price that was put on his head years ago when he was a teenager.

If I can learn a few tricks here that will keep alive a little while longer, than it?s worth the humiliation of being bested by some young Jedi punk.

?Since this is the opening class of the New Jedi Order,? continued Master Skywalker, ?I will be training all of you by myself. Although I may not be able to reach out to all of you like a traditional Master-Apprentice pairing would, I will do my best to see to it that you all become honorable Jedi. Now, if any of you have any questions, now is the time."

Kahsa allowed his gaze drift around the spacious room. It was large and not as full as he would have expected it. Still, it added to the dramatics of the speech being given by Skywalker. That wasn?t too bad. The initiates were probably coming from all over the galaxy, raised on stories of the worshiped Jedi Knights of old.

Personally, I don?t believe the Jedi were ever half as good and true as legend depicts. Anyway, I?m not paying attention.

The human adult slowly turned his gaze back on to their speaker with lazy eyes, but an reknewed goal at an attentive mind.

TAG: Mr_Sith; other Jedi

5. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    OOC: Will get a post in later, sorry.

Name: Devyn Johnson
    Height: 1.75 Meters (5'9")
    Weight: 74.94 Kilograms (163 lb.)
    Species: Human
    Personality: Logical, Forgiving, Kind
    Attire: Basic garments (underwear), Corellian Powersuit (Armor)
    Homeplanet: Corellia
    Biography: Born on Corellia and trained in the force since a young age. He learned many abilities, like how to enhance his senses, but he favored the ability to heal using the force. He has some knowledge of each lightsaber fighting form, but he prefers to unleash all his skills in that of Djem So. He also would rather take action than sit and wait. He has been told before that he would be better of a a Gray Avenger of the force.

6. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    IC: Kam Solusar

Kam glanced up at Luke on the podium. An interesting opening speech. Kam was not interesting in flowery speeches and grandiosity in general - he'd seen the much less refined side of life and had been part of it for much too long to think of any of that as more than window dressing for reality. But with Luke...it was who he was. He was that light that he spoke of. Kam didn't think it was possible for even good people, and hadn't ever met anyone else who fit something like that, and didn't expect to. Not even among these new Jedi.

He supposed that was what made Luke fit to lead them.

And the fact that he wanted to at least taste that, to rise up from his past and perhaps one day become that, the fact that he at least had that desire and that determination to do so, as did all the other pupils in the room...

He supposed that was what made them worthy to follow him.

Tag: None

7. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah

Zukaam let the chatter surround him, feeling deeply within the force, well, trying to anyway. He felt some nervous beginners and some headstrong but all as even as himself, so he had been told. Luke positioned himself above everyone in the auditorium and had managed to gather the attention of most students.

"Everybody....everybody...if I may have your full attention."

The crowd's volume lowered and the crowd attuned to Luke Skywalker's personal intro.

"I would like to welcome you all to the Jedi Academy. Congratulations on getting here, and being the very first class," Luke smiled. "Although many of you differ in race, age, and personality, none of you are better than the other. We're all equal here, and we're all striving towards the same goal: to furthen and establish the Jedi Order in the New Republic, to bring peace, and hope to a galaxy that is still riddled by war, and suffering."

He looked at the obvious leader and at the rest of the students, he wasn't suprised that there were so many, his father told him that the order would once be re-built, he listened aloud to the Master.

8. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Gyeren Feli
    Yavin 4

Wren had gathered with the others to listen to Master Skywalker. She looked around at the group, seeing all the guys. There was one other girl she could see, and it was an alien. She was okay with that. She'd been many places in her life and has pratically seen every alien race out there. At least, she felt that way. She just hoped that the alien girl wasn't thinking of bonding, just because they're the same gender.

Seeing Luke addressing them, she thought back to the stories her Grandmother Gyeren had told her of being a Jedi. They were taken at a young age, and many couldn't even remember their family. Wren was glad things have changed. Former Jedi no longer had to hide, though her Grandma still went under her assumed name.

Wren heard Luke ask if anyone had questions and that brought her attention back to where it needed to be. On Luke, not Grandma Gyeren. Not wanting to admit that she hadn't paid attention, Wren stayed quiet.

tag - all

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    TJ - Auditorium, Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

TJ looked around the crowd. Many students were busy mummoring to themselves. Hmm. Not many females she noticed. She didnt mind. She had been the only one on the ship she had been on also. She sighed.

Master Luke as just asked for questions. While there seemed to be much chatter round them, nobody was asking any questions. TJ was curious. After a few moments of silence, she slowly stood up.

"Umm.. Master Skywalker..." she asked tentively, not sure if the title she gave was correct or not. "If you are going to be everyone's instructor, does that mean, you will train us all together? Or break us down into smaller groups?" she asked. "Also, are there any places off limits we should know of?"

TJ quickly sat back down. She asked the second question, because TJ loved to take walks in forrest. And Yavin IV was a treasure trove, of large trees.

She waited to hear his response.

TAG: any

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: I'll get a post up later tonight, right now I'm headed to an AFL 2 game.

- o_O-Eyebrows?- o_O-

11. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    IC: Devyn Johnson -Jedi Academy, Yavin IV
    Devyn waited in the auditorium as many of the Jedi Adepts talked. It was quite loud, and Devyn was getting annoyed. It was too noisy. He waited patiently. Finally, the master Luke Skywalker spoke up. Devyn listened to every word he said. Being in his basic garments, he was lighter than he usually was with his correllian powersuit. He continued to hear out Luke. He wanted to dedicate himself to be a powerful Jedi. Most of it was usual Jedi talk, but at least he would get to train.

When Luke was done, Devyn had to ask some questions. He thought of a few, but only wanted to asked a couple of them. He cleared his throar silently and then raised his hand and began to speak.

"Master Skywalker - will us, as your apprentices be allowed to go on group missions? I mean, without you, that is."

He asked curiously. He always preferred to rely on himself only. He waited an answer, from either Luke or from another student who wished to answer.
    TAG: Mr_Sith

12. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Luke Skywalker -Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

After a very awkward silence where Luke was simply standing before them, a young girl bailed him out. He let leave a sigh of relief.

"Umm.. Master Skywalker...If you are going to be everyone's instructor, does that mean, you will train us all together? Or break us down into smaller groups?" she asked. "Also, are there any places off limits we should know of?"

"I'm glad that you asked that, Ta'izz."

The Jedi Master sauntered across the stage so the adepts could more appropriately see him.

"Since it would be quite the task to train all of you, at the same time, I will end up breaking you into smaller groups, and taking turns with the different classes. While I will only be training one of the classes at a time, that doesn't mean the other group's will be unoccupied," Luke explained. "You will be doing various activities to stimulate your connection with the force."

Luke looked around, and he could see that he still had the attention of most of the students. While things were looking good so far, he knew there would be a few students with troubled pasts that would take a great deal of time and caring.

"As for places being off-limits, there isn't really one place here that is 'off-limits'. Locked doors and such would give you an indication that you shouldn't go there, but no, the Academy is open to each and every one of you. And, when everyone is done asking questions, I'll give you the tour."

He smiled, and proceeded to wait for more question.

Another adept stood up, asking a question.

"Master Skywalker - will us, as your apprentices be allowed to go on group missions? I mean, without you, that is."

"As time goes an, and your connection within the force grows, and we can come to trust and rely on eachother, group missions will be an integral part of the training process. But, we must first learn to crawl before we can walk."

Tag: Jedi adepts

13. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm deeply sorry if this is against the GM's wishes for it being "invitation only", but I noticed that the game has started and no one has claimed certain characters. I'd like to play as Gantoris. Is that OK? :)

<[-]> Saber

14. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Jaden Korr

Luke Skywalker was no longer the younger and eager adept that had defeated his father and turned him back to the light side of the force the last minutes of his long life all those years ago. Not the man who had taken the full responsibility of bringing the New Jedi Order into another life.

He was now a mature adult and knew much of the force and how to conjure it within each moment. But one thing was for sure, he still had the look of the most powerful Jedi Master in the galaxy.

'Is it just me, or are there other people as nervous as I am? I'm not normally like this'

He thought to himself, his mind winding of eventful things, the construction of the primary weapon and much, much more.

Since he didn't yet have a saber, it would be a great challenge to prove his sensitivity once and for all. He exhaled, letting go of his nervous feelings whilst taking a look at all the other students.

TAG: You guys, and gal's.

15. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Gyeren Feli
    Yavin 4

As Luke answered the questions, Wren thought of one herself.

"Master, of curiosity, are these classes already determined? Do you already know who will be in which class?" she asked.

Tag y'all

16. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Luke Skywalker -Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

Finally, it seemed the students were growing more and more comfortable with their peers, their surroundings, and Luke himself.

"Master, of curiosity, are these classes already determined? Do you already know who will be in which class?" Another girl asked.

"Yes, I do already have the classes pre-determined. Once we finish up the tour of the Academy, you'll be sure to find out."

Tag: Jedi adepts

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Brittany - Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

Brittany sat and chewed on his thumb while everyone waited for Master Skywalker to walk on stage. What's taking him so long? He should've been up there by now. he thought, impatiently. Finally, though, Skywalker entered and began his speech.

Equal my eye. We're all at different skill levels and potential levels and he knows it. Stupid adults trying to instill false hope in people. Brittany thought as he shifted his attentiont to glancing around the room. There were some females in the crowd, he could tell. Though, not like they'd be interested in him once they discovered his name. He hated his name. It was a stupid girl's name and he hated his parents for giving it to him. He viewed it as a slap in the face that they wanted a girl and were going to remind him of that by still giving him a female name. Just thinking about it irritated him. He was brought out of his stupor as people began to ask questions. He resumed biting his thumb, a bad habit of his he'd had since childhood and that his friends had often chided him for, as he listened to the Q&A session.

TAG: Anyone

- o_O-Eyebrows?- o_O-

18. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    OOC: Does anyone have any objections if we move on?

19. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    IC - Corran Horn

::As Master Skywalker addressed the new arrivals, Corran stood off to the side, leaning casually against the wall. His arms were crossed across his chest, and he was silently regarding the rest of the students with a quiet calm. On his belt hung his grandfather's lightsaber, which he had received from his step-grandfather, Rostek Horn, on his recent trip into Corellia. As far as Corran could tell, only himself and Kam Solusar, an older Jedi whom Corran had arrived at the Academy with, possessed lightsabers. He was sure that Master Skywalker would be instructing the rest of the students in the creation of a lightsaber later. For now, Corran remained silent, letting the new students address their questions to the Jedi Master::

TAG: Great Hall

~Corran

20. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    OOC: Sorry for the late post. And, I have no objections for moving on.

IC: Jeff Falen
    ~Yavin IV-Jedi Academy~

Jeff stay silent in the crowd of Jedi Initiates as Luke Skywalker was standing infront of them. Jeff, who was dressed in his usual black shirt and pants, as well as his fishnet shirt, looked at the Jedi Master. He had always dreamed of meeting him. He had heard stories of his antics, from his aunt, uncle, and grandparents. As a middle-aged teen, he always acted like him, like he was flying a starship, or fighting with a lightsaber. And now, his dream had come true, and he met the man that took down Darth Vader and Palpatine.

"Everybody....everybody...if I may have your full attention." As soon as the words escaped the Jedi Master's mouth, the crowd silenced. Luke gave a warm welcome to all the students, while gazing at each and every one of them. Jeff made sure to pay close attention.

Now, if any of you have any questions, now is the time," The Jedi Master asked at the end of his welcoming speech. Jeff stayed silent as the other initiates asked questions, most of which were questions he had on his mind. All his questions went answered, so, again, he stayed silent. He hoped they would get going to the training soon enough, because he was anxious to start. He awaited instructions from Jedi Master Skywalker.

TAG: Mr. Sith, All other Jedi

darth_nemisis

21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: Moving on sounds like a good idea.

IC: Darius Balthazar

Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

Darius sat towards the back of the auditorium and slightly away from everyone, we'll, at least that was his original intention. So many beings had answered Luke Skywalker's call to re-establish the Jedi Order, that the sight and sheer number of would-be Jedi in attendance was a bit overwhelming, especially to Darius, who prefered doing things on his own or in small groups.

Being that as it may, the young adept had to admit that the whole affair was more than a bit exciting. Darius was vaguely self-concious enough to realize that his head turned this way and that as he tried to catalogue all the different species in attendance. His green eyes darted everywhichway inside his skull, not unlike a pinball machine. To him, the auditorim was filled with so many attendees, that he couldn't seem to register faces fast enough, and what was even more fascinating, was the fact that they were all force sensitive, just like he was.

That realization alone made him wonder just how many beings in the galaxy had use of the force like he did, and what were their particular stories. The buzz in the air and the myriad sensations and emotions were just too intoxicating for the jedi adept.

Exciting was hardly the word he would use.

Just as he was craning his neck one more time to get a look at some of the attendees which sat across the room, Master Skywalker spoke.

"Everybody....everybody...if I may have your full attention." As soon as the words escaped the Jedi Master's lips, the crowd became silent. Luke gave a warm welcome to all the students, while gazing at each and every one of them. Darius was immediately caught up in the Jedi masters welcoming speech. He found himself involuntatiry trembling for no apparent reason. For a second, he looked at himself and wondered if there was something wrong with him, then suddenly, he knew. He'd never, ever felt such a strong connection with anyone in his entire life, much less a room full of sentient beings.

The sensation was proving to be a bit much for him, so by the time Luke had asked his first question, Darius was a bit overcome by it all.

"Now, if any of you have any questions, now is the time," he heard the Jedi Master say, but found himself staring blankly at Luke. A moment ago, he could have thought of a million questions, but now that he was asked, nothing at all came to mind. Darius realized that all the excitement was making him lose his focus, so he closed his eyes, listened for what others would say, and began to go through a calming breathing exercise.

Being here was a big step towards a larger world, and that was enough for him. Although he did have a few questions, it was likely that someone had a similar concern, like where would they stay and such, which was kinda of a basic concern....so, yeah; there was no need to bring attention to himself just yet, others would probably voice his thoughts aloud and he would get an answer, though indirectly.

As it was, he had enough to deal with at the moment.

The very first assembly of the Jedi Order was indeed quite an exciting affair, and Darius was simply content with being one of the chosen to take the path of the Jedi. It was a great honor and opportunity to finally belong to something special, something that gave meaning to an otherwise unremarkable life. Thus, the jedi adept remained seated and silent, opting only to lend his radiant presence to the congregated mix of force sensitives, and in turn, smilingly bask in the grandeur of that moment.

Tag: Mr.Sith, other Jedi

22. Mr_Sith

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Kyp Durron -Jedi Academy, Yavin IV
    I wonder what Han and Chewie are up to right now....

For the past few weeks, Kyp couldn't help but wonder what his rescuer's were doing. Even in the auditorium of the newly founded Jedi Academy, the young boy couldn't get his mind off of them. And, a part of him wished he were with the duo, rather than be stuck with all of these goody-goody Jedi wannabe's. But, another part of him welcomed their presence, and welcomed his oppurtunity. It hadn't been too long ago that Durron was sitting there, in the mines, wishing that Vima Da-Boda was still alive, that his parents were still alive, that he knew where his brother was. He was all alone then. At least now he may be able to find a friend. But, Kyp was still growing impatient with Luke Skywalker and his pep-talk.

I'm sick of this, cut the chit-chat, and let's get to doing something, Mr. Galactic Hero...

Kyp shifted noticeably in his seat, and caught the attention of a few students. He only glared back at them.

Tag: Any adepts

[color=darkslategray][b]OOC:[/b] I'm going to push us quite a bit ahead in my next post, to really get this thing rolling. As GM, I may take control of some of your characters in a bit, but only for little petty conversations, if you don't mind. This won't happen often. [/color]

[b][u]IC:[/u] [color=green]Luke Skywalker[/color] [u]-Jedi Academy, Yavin IV[/u][/b][blockquote][color=darkslategray]
    The questions ceased, and some of the students were growing restless.

[i]Well, time for the tour....[/i]

[i]"If that's it for questions, I'd like for us all to stand up, stretch a little bit, and follow me to the elevators."[/i]

Luke could see the delight and relief on some of the kid's faces. He could imagine that they were growing very bored with his rant, although he noticed that a few of them were really paying attention to what he had to say. But, what could he expect? Almost all of them weren't even out of their teenage years yet. He could of probably sprouted an extra arm and leg and they would still remain bored with what was happening.

As the group merged into the hallway, he found himself walking side by side with one of the older adepts, a man by the name of Kahsa Neebo. Neebo was one of the rare students who had been a part of the Rebellion, and even was an officer through the Battle of Endor. Luke was grateful that someone who had given much of themselves unto the Rebellion, was going to be able to get so much in return.

[i]"So Kahsa, I hope that you plan on staying here long enough to complete your training as a Jedi."[/i]

The man nodded, and in a gruff tone, replied.

[/color][color=blue][i]"Yeah, I plan on staying for a bit."[/i][/color][color=darkslategray]

Luke also nodded, a smirk on his face, and kept walking.

As the large bunch reached the elevators, Luke had to seperate the initiates into two groups, just to fit on the elevators.

[i]"Our first mission is to get down these elevators with no problems,"[/i] Luke chimed in with a humorous tone.

Unfortunately, almost no one laughed.

As soon as everybody was down and on the ground level, Luke started walking towards the courtyard. He waved his hand for the students to follow, and the tour continued. As the group entered the extravangant terrace, the Jedi Master could hear a few gasps and wow's uttered. It truly was a beautiful site. On the left, numerous trees lined the stone brick wall. At the base, they were laden with a plethora of colorful flowers. Purple, pink, red, blue. To Luke, it was serenity in a physical form. On the right, there was a small lake, with another assortment of trees covering it.

[i]At least something excites them...[/i]

Luke gave a little chuckle, and continued on through to the Training Domain. The accumulation of future Jedi would be sure to be astounded at the sight of this. Even after 6 months of rebuilding the temple, and crafting the training ch

23. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah.

Apparently, Yavin IV was one of those random weather planets although you could have a faint idea of what was going on. Sometimes calm and smooth weather as you could hear the river flowing softly around the temple, or with both a wet and a dry season and violent, unpredictable rainstorms would scare away wildlife or bring them nearer to the temple. It was a honor to be standing in something crafted by the New republic themselves and Zukaam appreciated it.

He stood next to a small bed, casually leaning onto it resting his back against the wall. Today had been tiring, both mentally and physically. But, he would rest assured that each of the students in this quarter would get to know each other quite well, within time. Zukaam stretched his arms and looked around the group, and finished his gaze taking a look at Kyp Durron. He looked rather droopy, but freindly at the same time. Zukaam closed his eyes, trying to focus and calm his inner self.

TAG: Adepts in North Dormitory.

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Darius Balthazar

Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

Darius got up from where he sat and stretched as commanded once Luke had concluded the assembly. Some very interesting questions where asked and he was somewhat satisfied with the answers, although many more came to mind.

When Luke announced that it was time for the tour, Darius smiled. It was time to take a look at his new home.

As habit would have it, Darius tried to stay as far back in the line as possible, but he was only half succesful. The less disciplined kids also liked to keep to the back of the line, and to avoid them, he had to make his way further towards the middle. Either way, Darius kept to himself and listened to Luke as they went along on the guided tour.

The first stop was a magnificent terrace.

"Wow".

Darius smiled as he felt the breeze hit him. It was a wonderful and welcomed feeling. Silently, he made a mental note to come here for mediation, the peace and serenity he felt here were sure to be instrumental to him in the future, not to mention the peaceful vistas. Too bad they had to move along a moment later. Darius didn't mind staying a moment longer, for any terrace was better than a mining cave any day of the millenium.

The second stop was the training complex.

Darius once again craned his neck to look at everything he could. The training complex was huge, and it resembled a colliseum more than a gymnasium, at least in his opinion. Just like on the terrace, Darius made a mental note to come here often. He was very proud of his martial skills, and would forever be greatful to that Echani guardsman who had taken it upon himslef to train him during his one year stay at the Mining facility. After witnessing one of several losing encounters, the guardsman had finally aproached him. "I like your spirit kid, " he'd said to the battered boy. "You don't give up do you?" Darius managed to get his bruised body off the dirt and looked defiantly at the guardsman, his face dirty and filled with caked blood and tears. He simply shook his head at the man, who only laughed in amusement.

"Alright. Tell you what, if you want, I'll teach you how to be a better fighter. Meet me here tomorrow after your shift and we'll start you're training, bit by bit."

Needless to say, Darius managed to sneak away the next day after his shift and eagery began training. And the next day, and the day after that and so on and so forth. Oddly, he never did learned the guard's name, nor did their relationship change. After all, he wasn't supposed to interact with his 'betters'. It was almost a year after winning many fights, that he found out about the betting and the wagers. Apparently, there was a betting pool as to which kid would win what fight and the like. Obviously, Darius was angry and confused because of this. He didn't know what to think. What he thought to be an alturistic act of kindness was nothing but an act of selfish greed. He had unwittingly become the guardsman's prize fighter. Yeah, it felt really rotten being used like that and being that naive, but at least now he knew how to really fight.

Less than a month after he found out, the guardsman was gone and he was left to bottle-up his gratitude , anger and resentment as fuel for the next fight.

Darius sighed heavily and set those memories aside. Things were different now and he was in a far better place. As his focus came back to the moment at hand, he heard Luke speak again.

"Everyone, while I wish we could sit and stare at the Training Area, we do have to move on."

Darius chuckled to himself, and resumed his place on the tour line.

As he understood it, the next stop would be their quarters, which was somewhat of a source of anxiety for Darius, but in a good way. He was very much looking forward to his very own piece of real estate at the Jedi Academy. A place he could finally, after all these years, call his own. His mind was so busy visualizing this, that he almost jumped in surprise when he saw Luke walking next to him

25. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Kahsa Neebo
    Courtyard, Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

There was more color hear in this one courtyard than Kahsa had ever seen in his life. His eyes were involuntarily larger than a bug?s as they strived to take in every pigmentation and shape of the flowers that decorated the area around him. Growing up on Coruscant made such beauties stand out more than the usual. He was in such awe that the adult male didn?t even realize that though his mind was stuck in one place, his feet were following the lead of those in front of him. In a moment, it seemed, he had the blessing of seeing paradise and in the next a dark, stone wall that could hardly compare.

Blinking a few times, Kahsa looked ahead to find Master Skywalker. He?d talked to him briefly before they had entered the courtyard. It was something about staying to complete training. Kahsa had given a generic answer promising to stay for a little while.

He seems like a nice guy.

As the group passed through rooms and doors, Kahsa could hardly be more impressed since seeing the courtyard. It was like looking a nebula and then staring at an asteroid. No comparison. There was a little skirmish between some of the younger guys to the back of the pack.

This is going to be fun. Babysitting. I?m glad I?m not Skywalker. He?s going to have his hands full keeping ?he touched me? in line and that other guy to.

Luke finally came to the end of the tour of the New Republic repaired complex.

"Well class, here we are, your dormitories,? he said to the group of initiates, you and old. "And, with this, I will let you know which groups you'll be staying in. There will be two groups, as there are only about 30 of us. 15 for each gang shouldn't be too bad, should it? The two bundles will stay in the North Dorm, and the South Dorm. This will help you get to know each other, and, after 1 week, we'll switch the groups up to make sure we don't form friendships with only one half of the class."

The kids looked at each other, and bunched together, as if standing next to a fellow adept would help. Luke took out his datapad, and began to scroll through the list.

"In the North Dormitory, we have Brittany Beedon, Wren Feli, Zukaam Guah, Kam Solusar, Ta'Izz Ji, Inigo Rian....," Luke continued on down the list, finally ending with Kyp Durron.

Some of the kids groaned, some let loose expressions of excitement.

"In the South Dormitory, we have Devyn Johnson, Vaugh Serratt, Kahsa Neebo, Jeff Falen, Darius Balthazar, Corran Horn....," And with that, the quartering of the students was finished.

"That wraps up the tour, and the grouping. I hope everyone enjoyed it, and if you need me, there is a console next to the door. Contact me if you have any problems. And thank you for becoming the first Jedi in a creed that was destroyed and abolished, up until today."

Luke smiled, and exited the dormitory area with a small bow.

??in a creed that was destroyed and abolished, up until today.? An interesting thought to say the least.

Kahsa Neebo had brought no luggage along. Just the robes that he was wearing, a pair of gloves in the inside pocket, and a gray pair of slacks that he held in his hand. As Master Skywalker walked away, he took it as hint that they were supposed to go to their rooms now. One initiate looked angry as he walked down towards the South Dormitory. Kahsa watched him walk alone into the furthest room and close the door. He thought he might have even heard it lock.

I guess he doesn?t like roommates. Teenagers.

It seemed that some of there others didn?t know what was going on either. He straightened his tunics slowly with the left hand and walked down to the South Dormitory himself.

Are these private rooms, or group assigned?

He came to the third door on the left, opened it and took a few steps inside. It was no luxury suite, but it would serve the purpose while they were training. At the least it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.