main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~The New Jedi Order: Jedi Academy~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mr_Sith, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Jedi Temple

Training Sabers, eh? thought Vaughn with a sigh of relief. At least noone was going to be losing an arm or a leg today. While the guilt over what had happened with Darius still hung over him like a stale sheet, the thought of dueling made his stomach swirl in anticipation. He had always wanted to use a lightsaber.

Taking an iron grip on his emotions he prepared himself for sparring. He wouldn't allow Alpha to take hold of him once more. Master Skywalker had placed trust in him and he'd die before he abused it.

The sound of footfalls echoed throughout the Temple as the assembled group marched towards their destination. Upon reaching the chamber, horrible memories assaulted his mind. The crack of bones, the feeling of letting loose and, most terrible of all the pure joy of hurting another being.

With visible effort he clamped down upon these memories. Such negative thoughts and feelings would only serve to fuel Alpha. Once more returned to a state of calm, he waited patiently for Luke to pair them off. Hopefully he'd end up with a skilled partner. All of this pent up emotion made him feel like a good spar.

TAG: ALL

2. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Sierra's eyes stared at the ground and blinked as she heard the words paired up Oh great pairing up. Please let it be with a guy as I am only able to really talk with them. I've never done any girl talk, something, I don't know but this is awkward. Oh gosh why the heck am I freaking out. What kind of Jedi am I? I am just a blue twi'lek that has self esteeem issues many times. Meh whatever, let's get this show going Sierra thought in her mind as her eyes wandered to Jeff and the other members.

Sierra's chest rose slowly, but her heart raced. She was a little nervous. She was always nervous before anything, but once she did something, she was excited, hyper, and energetic. This would turn out alright for her

Tag; Anyone

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz

As Luke gave everyone a rundown of the day's events, a few questions from his students arose.

"Luke, there may be a problem with that, I don't have a lightsaber to begin excersises with unfortunately."

Luke smiled. He had a nice smile, TJ thought to herself as he replied. "That's quite alright Zuukam. I thought of that, and as such, I crafted training sabers. But don't worry, it won't be too long before all of you construct your own. It's fun."

She smiled. Her smile grew even bigger when suddenly the Jedi masters cheeks turned cherry red in embarrasment. OOOOH. He's kinda qute...Oh..I hope he didnt hear that! she suddenly thought to herself.

Then, the group was moving, as they followed the Jedi Master. She all but skipped following the group, while keeping track of Britt nearby. She heard Luke speak again.

"Just a quick heads up everyone. Once we get to the training room, I'll be pairing you up. Some of the students may be strange to you, but don't worry, we're all friendly, and we're all Jedi. We can handle this."

YAY! TJ was excited to see this happen. She truly was anctious to getting a lightsaber into her hands, and learning. Just holding one, would be something to her. She moved up a bit faster, to be closer to the head of the group, carefully weaving her way around people. Luckily her natural ability, and being quite used to moving in large herd groups, made it quite easy for her.

She grinned the entire way to the training area. She saw a blue female twi'lek she had not noticed eariler during their briefing. "Hi!" she beemed enthustiactally, as she gave a small wave, while continue to follong along.

TAG: Britt, anyone who wishes to chat.. Sierra, if ya wish.

4. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Kahsa Neebo
    Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

The voice of the Jedi Master seemed to fill the hall full of Jedi-hopefuls. He talked of training sabers and getting started at this moment. The Legend turned around towards the door. But then turned back.

?Just a quick heads up everyone. Once we get to the training room, I?ll be pairing you up. Some of the students may be strange to you, but don?t worry, we?re all friendly, and we?re all Jedi. We can handle this.?

Of course I can handle this. I?ve stared down battalions of Stormtroopers and scores of bounty hunters up my Rebellion years. Teenagers. This training will be short-lived if I?m paired with one of them. Young, hormonal?no, that?s not the right idea. He talked of being friendly as brethren. Perhaps this will be better than I thought.

They came upon the Training Facility as Luke Skywalker stood facing them with a mischievous smile.

What?s he planning?

TAG:Mr_Sith

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt

Britt followed behind TJ, sort of listening to Master Skywalker. He had figured that there would be training sabers, Luke may have been insensitive once this trip, but he didn't strike Britt as being stupid. But the promise of building their own sabers soon had caught Britt a bit off guard. He expected that to take a little while before they made it that far.

"Just a quick heads up everyone. Once we get to the training room, I'll be pairing you up. Some of the students may be strange to you, but don't worry, we're all friendly, and we're all Jedi. We can handle this."

Britt started to say something to TJ but she had already began to make her way to the front of the group. Someone's excited,thought Britt as he made his way to follow her. It was a little tough, following her, but he drafted his way through by using the openings created by TJ.

"Hi!" Britt made it to the front just as TJ was greeting a fellow student, a blue female Twi'lek.

"Excited much?" Britt asked TJ when he finally caught up, before turning to the other girl. "Hello, name's Britt." he said to her.

TAG: TJ, Sierra, anyone

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

6. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli - Jedi Academy, Yavin 4

Wren heard Luke talking about being paired up for dueling, and she hoped she would be able to handle a lightsaber as her grandmother had. She saw TJ and Britt coming and they spoke to Sierra. Wren glanced at Britt a moment, but walked along silently. She was still impressed with him for coming and helping her when she'd tripped.

Wren took her attention off the boy and focused on where they were going. She wanted to get to know her way around this place. She hated feeling lost.

tag - anyone

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Taizz

TJ became aware of Britt following behind her, and slowed down just a bit.

"Hi!" Britt said as he made it to the front just as TJ was greeting a fellow student, a blue female Twi'lek. "Excited much?" Britt asked TJ.

TJ feels her cheeks warm, but she smiles as she nodds to Britt. "Are you kidding?" she replied, smiling.

He then turned to the other girl. "Hello, name's Britt." he said to her. TJ turned back to the blue Twi'lek, hoping she would respond. But right now, TJ was in such a good mood, she simply skipped along with the group.

TAG: Britt, Sierra, anyone

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt

As Britt waited for Sierra to reply he noticed Wren walking with them. Way to go, he thought to himself. [/i]You look for her all through Skywalker's speech only to not notice her when you finally find her.

He turned to her. "Hey, I want to ask you something after the lessons let out, okay?" he asked. He wanted to know why she had run off like that last night. But it could wait till after the day's activities.

TAG: Wren, TJ, Sierra, anyone

9. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli

"Hey, I want to ask you something after the lessons let out, okay?" Britt asked Wren, finally seeing her in the group. Wren was sure of what it was about, but she didn't want to drive off any potential real friends.

"Sure. I think I owe you a little explaination about what I think you're going to ask about. Maybe after the lessons, I'll be a little more...ready to tell you."

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz - TJ

As TJ followed along, she head Britt and Wren talking. She tried not to nose in on their converstaion..but she heard bits and pieces of it anyway.

Britt asked Wren a question about running off. TJ guessed that happened after she left them. Wren replied she would talk to him later. She hoped everything was ok. She wondered while they walked, what Master Skywalker had up his sleeve. He sure was being...secreative about this bit of training.

She began to humm softly, as she followed along.

TAG: Britt, Wren, ANYONE!!

11. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: I can't think of much to post in character right now. Long day, not much to react to, other things like that. Sorry, Ktala, that I can't think of anything to provide you to react to right now.

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: No problem. We shall just wait on our mighty GM do to somthing..hehehe...Mighty long walk.

:p

13. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    OOC: Just so everyone knows, Kalio_Dynkos will be leaving for about two weeks, Corran-Horn has to leave the RPG due to Darth RL, and Suzuki_Akira has been banned for about 4 months. So, it looks like it's just us, until some others join. Also, I'm going to be eating a late dinner tonight, so as soon as I finish eating, the training will commence.

14. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Sierra was taken a little back by the hyperness of the girl. Sierra only wondered in her mind if she'd ever be herself around here. She was happy though for being noticed, but she made nothing of it.

"Hello," Sierra got out of her system and was breathing, getting a hold of herself.

This is what you wanted, to hopefully make friendships and who knows whatever else is out thereSierra told herself as she gave a slight smile and listened to the people talking to each other

Tag: Whoever was talking to Sierra hehe, TJ, Britt,etc

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz

"Hello," Sierra got out of her system and was breathing, getting a hold of herself.

TJ nodded to the girl. "Hi...are you looing forward to the training classess too?" TJ asked as they walked. She gestured to herself. "My name is TJ." She gestured to the others. "And thats Britt..and she's Wren." she said with a smile, as she moved to follow the others.

"What's your name?"

Tag: Britt, Wren, Sierra, anyone

16. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Sierra felt her blood flowing through her body as she began to relax and breath normally. She was always uncomfterable at first, but once she started talking and getting to know people things were much better.

"Sierra, and I am looking forward to the training once again. It'll be great to have the lightsaber work its magic," Sierra then blushed as she felt like a fool.

"Where did that come from? I'm sorry that was ridiculous. I'm just so hazy or bleh right now," Sierra wanted to forget what she said and shook her head to help herself out.

Tag: TJ, Britt, Wren, etc.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz - TJ

TJ waited for the Twi'lek to respond to the question of her name. "Sierra, and I am looking forward to the training once again. It'll be great to have the lightsaber work its magic..." Sierra then blushed.

TJ grinned.

"Where did that come from? I'm sorry that was ridiculous. I'm just so hazy or bleh right now,"

Tj shook her head. "Ah, we're all excited." she looked over to some of the older students. "Well, those of us who still know how to crack a smile...." she murmored softly.

She then winked. So..you've held a lightsaber before. Thats more than me." she said wistfully.

TJ sighed. "Oh well. I cant waited either." she said, as they walked...and walked..and walked..

TAG: HINT!.....others.

Tag: Sierra, Britt, Wren, etc.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

Britt had nodded his agreement to Wren as they continued to walk. He had figured all he'd need to do was ask, and he hadn't expected anything at the moment. He wasn't too concerned with it, really. He just wanted to make sure it hadn't been something he had done to have caused the reaction. He had finally made real friends, it seemed. He didn't want to lose that.

He continued to walk as he heard TJ and Sierra talking about lightsabers.

"I'm excited too," he chimed in. "I'm like TJ, never held a lightsaber before. I just hope I don't ignite it upside down. I can see it now 'Student and Jedi Academy impales himself on his own lightsaber'." he said with a chuckle.

TAG: Wren, TJ, Sierra, etc.

19. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah, Yavin 4's Jedi Academy.

There sure was a lot of interaction in the academy, nothing too special though, just the same people he'd met earlier on, chatty and cheerful people with life. Excitement looked very common within each student, most were nervous and didn't want to make an idiot of themselves infront of the rest. He chuckled lightly as he trailed behind the student who mentioned 'impaling' himself with a lightsaber.

"Chances are, I'll do that before anyone else here. I've only ever seen a lightsaber in the dueling bay back then. My talents will probably lead as far as activating it."

He caught up with the group, still looking ahead as Luke sent them further and further down the halls of the temple, its mossy, green texture hanging off the wall.

TAG: Britt, Wren and Sierra, everyone!

20. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002

Wren listened to the conversation and spoke up.

"I've held a lightsaber before, but never one that was on. Grandmother let me see hers when they told me she was a Jedi." she told the others.

tag - the others

21. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Sierra's eyes went wide to hearing the fact that some of them never held a lightsaber.

"Wait a second, how old are you then? You've never had any training before?" Sierra was shocked and made sure to not sound rude, only surprised to their responses.

Sierra continued walking forward with the group and to her suprise the nerves were going away. Sierra felt a lot better now knowing the fact she had done something some people haven't. This would get quite interesting she thought in her mind as she was with these quite friendly and welcoming people

Tag: Wren, TJ, everyone else :D

22. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam Guah

Yavin IV, Academy Temple, towards the training vault.

Zukaam didn't take offence to the female's comment, as she was probably older than him.

"Well, I've just turned 19. Yeah, I haven't been trained ever before in my entire lifetime and I know it sounds stupid."

His eyes were raised, he didn't expect anyone else had been trained before, Kyp and Corran Horn had both been previously trained to some extent. Never before had he seen anyone use a lightsaber though, so constructing one was going to be even harder, he didn't even want to think about trying to wield one because it gave him the chills.

TAG: Sierra, Wren, TJ and Britt.

23. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002

Sierra's eyes went wide to hearing the fact that some of them never held a lightsaber.

"Wait a second, how old are you then? You've never had any training before?" Sierra was shocked and made sure to not sound rude, only surprised to their responses.

Zukaam didn't take offence to Sierra's comment.

"Well, I've just turned 19. Yeah, I haven't been trained ever before in my entire lifetime and I know it sounds stupid." Zukaam said.

"It doesn't sound stupid to me." Wren commented. "My Grandmother was being trained as a Jedi and I never even saw a lightsaber until a couple of months ago." Wren paused a moment. "Of course, they told me it was to protect me from the Jedi Hunters that tried to track down Grandma before the Empire fell."

tag - anyone

OOC: Uh, Mr_Sith? Are you still with us, or is this game going to die due to lack of GM?

24. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    IC: Luke Skywalker -Jedi Academy, Yavin IV
    Luke observed his data-pad to see who would be pairing up with who. Hopefully, the students wouldn't be disappointed with the choosings.

"Zuukam, you will be dueling with Sierra."

The Jedi Master quickly brought his gaze up to look at the students.

"Brittany, you'll be paired up with Wren. And Ta'Izz, you'll be paired with Vaughn."

Luke smiled, and retrieved the training sabers. He handed them out, and most of the kids were beaming. After all, for nearly the lot of em, this was their first time for even seeing one, let alone use it. Cautiously, he instructed his students to ignite the lightsabers.

"Now, for our first part of saber training, we will work on the basics. Parrying, and attacking. For our first parry, a directive from Form I lightsaber combat, you bring the blade down to the middle of your thigh, parralel to the ground, like this."

The Jedi Master demonstrated the move, while watching the others. For the most part, they got it.

"Now, this time, your fellow duelist will bring their saber down vertically, to make contact with yours. Try to get a feel for energy against energy."

Fortunately, this came with ease to his students.

Tag: All

OOC: Now, I'm sure we all realize that Jedi Training isn't something you can complete in a month or two. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but sitting here doing the same thing most of the time would grow dull. After a week or two, would anyone object if we sped up the training. Of course, we'd still have a lot more training to accomplish, and we'd still keep to the essence of the RPG.

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

Britt looked on as Luke looked through his data-pad. He was anxious. He didn't know who he would be paired up with, but he hoped it was one of his newfound friends.

"Zuukam, you will be dueling with Sierra."

Britt began to wonder, that was two down that he wouldn't be paired with.

"Brittany, you'll be paired up with Wren. And Ta'Izz, you'll be paired with Vaughn."
    Britt's shoulders dropped. Why? Why did this have to happen? Why hadn't he told Skywalker before he announced the names. Britt had not wanted this to happen. For all his talk, he still wasn't ready. This was horrible....why had Skywalker announced his full name?

But with a quick sigh, he brought his shoulders back up. He was actually happy with the pairing. Wren was a friend, and she'd used a lightsaber before. So she would make sure he didn't impale himself upon activation. Then it hit him. Maybe she had misinterpreted his negative reaction, that is if she had been looking at him. He nervously turned to her and quietly stated, "He used my name."

With a sigh, he took the training saber. This was not going as well as he had hoped. He was partnered with a friend, but he didn't know if he'd made her think he didn't want to be partnered with her. When the instruction came to ignite the saber, he found it was fairly easy just by watching Skywalker.

"Now, for our first part of saber training, we will work on the basics. Parrying, and attacking. For our first parry, a directive from Form I lightsaber combat, you bring the blade down to the middle of your thigh, parralel to the ground, like this."

Britt followed Skywalker's instructions and easily accomplished the maneuver.

"Now, this time, your fellow duelist will bring their saber down vertically, to make contact with yours. Try to get a feel for energy against energy."

Britt turned to Wren. "You can go first, I'll parry this time." he stated, figuring he'd let her get any anger she might have for him out of her system.

TAG: Wren, others

OOC: Thought I might add a bit of humor at with Britt's continued insecurities with his name. And I wouldn't mind a speed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.