main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The New Jedi Order Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Paddy O'Furniture, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    The sequel trilogy has been described by George Lucas as being the "philosophical one" (with the prequels being the social trilogy and the OT being the personal growth and self-realization trilogy). So, assuming they do follow his notes, it will necessarily be NJO-like to a certain extent. I also have a feeling it will be very Dark Empire-like.

What is certain is that every single piece of McQuarrie concept art will eventually be used. :p

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  3. KnightOfGrey

KnightOfGrey Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2014
    I'm only...4 or 5 books into the NJO and I am pretty sure the body count Is already higher than several trillion, probably way more. The CWs killed folks, but I don't remember either side sacrificing whole planets of people into suns (among other things).

4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Grievous has his reputation for a reason.

5. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    It's apparently from an interview published in Time magazine in 1983 and then collected in a book (Worrell, Denise. Icons: Intimate Portraits. Atlantic Monthly Press, 1989).

I just read it on Wookieepedia though. :p

xezene likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I remember him having a reputation as Jedi assassin not mass murderer

7. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Gamiel
    "This half living creature is a slaughterer of billions. Whole planets have burned at his command. He is the evil genius of the Confederacy. The architectof their victories. The author of their atrocities." ROTS Novelization Page 3

8. KnightOfGrey

KnightOfGrey Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2014
    But the final death toll for the YZ war is estimated to be around 360 trillion isn't it? I mean we are talking about entire systems being destroyed during this, sometimes multiple ones every few chapters. Every time these books (the last 4 anyways since the first book was the start) have a scene with the political folks they talk about dozens of planets and systems being taken and the folks sacrificed.

Just saying, from reading it it feels like way more people are being killed now then in the CWs.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If the ST resembles Dark Empire with the Emperor being cloned and Luke turning...I'll hate it.

Riv_Shiel and Kablob like this.
  10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I am not sure how the numbers exposition provides for a war influences the story itself or makes it darker. I mean are we really quibbling over this idea that billions dying in a war is more acceptable than trillions, which is just way too dark.

Really?

All the same stuff was happening in the Clone Wars, the difference is it wasn't be perpetuated by invaders. Same with the Empire. BDZ?

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  11. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Yes. You have to learn from the best, not copy them.

12. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    That would be the worst case scenario.

13. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    NJO is the starwars equivalent to an Indiana jones movie where indy's son dies and he struggles with a heroin addiction. Nobody wants to see that.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, who is "nobody"?

I'd pay to see a lot of aspects of the NJO on screen.

15. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    You know what would be the worst case scenario? Ur-Dark Empire: a Vader impostor. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

16. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    NJO is the starwars equivalent to an Indiana jones movie where people get the flesh melted off their bones and their still-beating hearts ripped out of their chests while someone else gets turned into a puddle of gore by an airplane propeller or impaled through the face with a spear and children are enslaved and tortured all around them, and then somebody's head explodes.

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Indiana Jones is too dark.

18. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    It was interesting that it seemed it was a war of bio-tech vs metal-tech and that the Jedi really didn't turn things around until they had the help of Lando's super-droids. When Anakin was able to power his lightsabre with one of the Vong's illuminator deals and was able to then see the Vong in the force, it was an interesting bio/metal tech combo whose potential was quickly swept under the rug.

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  20. First Of My Name

First Of My Name Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2014
    Of the NJO, I have read the Edge of Victory Duology, Star by Star, Enemy Lines duology, Traitor, Destiny's Way, The Final Prophecy and The Unifying Force. Are there any other books in the series that are really worth reading?

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe Vector Prime, to get the proper beginning. Maybe Agents of Chaos duology.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely Vector Prime.

23. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Agreed. You should read Primary Vector of the Vong: Let the Wookiee Die

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I read the whole thing and overall I found more stuff to enjoy in it than dislike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.