main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The New Jedi Trials Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Ree, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

Sleeping in your rocking chair. :p

2. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    Ree's not here? [face_mischief]

Hehehehehe. Time to blow things up! [face_devil]

*cough* *cough* I mean, make sure the temple stays in one piece. Yeah, that's what I meant. Make sure the padawans stay out of trouble [face_whistling] :p

3. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Hello all, I just wanted to check in. Be Well.

4. Shira_Adola

Shira_Adola Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Or doing your dirty work? o_O

5. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Now what fun is that? :p

I blow walls *cough* I mean, I only work alone :p

Unless of course prj1 comes around, then I have an accomplice that likes to mix things in the lab
    Which reminds me, I better go see if she has blown up the lab yet.
    It was in desperate need of re-decorating and an expansion :p

6. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    Good. I have my own dirty work to do. And to keep my Master from finding out about this specialized vocation, here's my task:p My scanner is broken, so until it's fixed you're going to have to wait for the painting, but here's all the technical stuff:

"Create Your Own Planet" Task #2
    By Padawan Catharsis

Planet Name: Vrael (VRAYL)

Ecology: Vrael is a medium-sized planet orbited by three moons. It is relatively far from their large sun. This gives the same warmth and general seasons that we as humans are familiar with, but the sunlight levels are much lower than most planets, giving the daylight hours a feel of perpetual twilight. This has forced the sentients to develop phenomenal eyesight, especially when dealing with night-vision. The atmosphere is the same oxygen-nitrogen as most inhabited planets in the galaxy, although the gravity levels are a bit lower than normal. Because of the low sunlight, many of the native plant species have developed bioluminescence. This adds extra light to the planet, as well as a certain alien beauty to the canopy of the continents. The basic ecology on the four continents are the same; tundra nearest to the ice caps on the top and bottom of the planet, coniferous forests below the tundra, deciduous and mixed forests grow on the east and west sides of the continents with massive deserts nearest to the equator. Vast tracks of mountain ranges usually separate the land masses into sections. Islands are tropical and range from several hundred miles across, to just two miles in diameter. The weather patterns are familiar; rain, snow, winds, storms, and sun (at least as much sun as a twilit planet can get) depending on the season. Deserts remain dry for most of the year. The exception being strong and violent monsoons for two months of the year, which provides the necessary moisture for the desert plants to grow. There are various underground mines of precious metals and jewels, that the sentients use for their construction businesses.

Sentients: The sentients of Vrael are humanoid. They are more slender than humans, but they retain the same basic and height and build. Their skin tone ranges from pale lavender to tan to dark brown. Their skin has subtle patterns that are rarely seen except in direct sunlight. In males, the marks are darker, in females, the marks are lighter. The ears are pointed and human sized, but move independently, like a bat or cat. The body contains two cavities within their ribcage, each containing a heart, with the left heart more dominant and slightly larger than the secondary right. The eyes have slitted pupils and have developed amazing night vision due to low sunlight levels on the planet. Eye colors include blue, green, violet, brown, yellow/gold/ and grey/silver. Advantages include amazing eyesight, especially night vision. Disadvantages are, because of their light sensitivity, when visiting a planet with higher light levels, they are forced to where light-shades to protect their eyes. Due to Force sensitivity (especially the Living Force), the sentients of Vrael have special effects on their surroundings. Examples include encouraging plants to thrive and close relationships with the non-sentient species of their planet. The sentients have a single symbol (called a Mark) that is a mark of their individuality. The parents must dream about the same symbol to be sure that it is their child?s particular Mark. This process can go on for months until the right one is found, and, until it is found, the child remains nameless.

Relations: Vrael is a neutral planet, located in the mid-Rim of the Republic. They ship supplies and services to the highest bidder, holding no prejudice of planets. They can, and do, hold long grudges that can last centuries, if they are cheated or wronged. Despite their neutrality, they remain on friendly terms with the Republic, building many of the buildings and supplying elements from their mines to Republican planets and companies. Paradoxically, relations between the Vraela

7. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    *Rubs eyes* What is this, a task? I didn't think I'd see one of those again in my life time. Excellent work Padawan, I think this may be the single most creative task I've seen in my six or seven years with the Order, you should be very proud. I can tell a lot of work and thought went into this. You have done a great job, and for it, im arma nu. :p

8. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Padawan's do tasks?

*looks at Shira's*

Oh yeah, I guess they do.

:p

9. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Wow great task SHira! Vrael sounds like a brilliant planet! My favorite bit was about the mark that the parents have to dream about at the same time for their child...so creative!

On another note, Happy New Year everyone! [:D]

10. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Okey dokey, I have my Shadow War post up.

I didn't get it up before Christmas like I had planned.......

But it's up either way. I now await a response :)

11. Shira_Adola

Feb 15, 2011
    *yawn* I swear swim team is going to be the death of me.

*blushes* You're so sweet ARC XD

Much thanks to everyone's praise. I'll try not to let it go to my head :p

12. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Believe me, it's very hard....

Sometimes these people are too nice for their own good. It makes me turn beet red :p

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I always thought beets were more of a purple color. :p

14. Nadia-Oomia

Jan 4, 2009
    Maybe I turned purple then [face_thinking]

But if I did, I assure you, it wasn't out of embarrassment :p

15. mississippi

mississippi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2004
    Hello all my NJT friends . i am back i am now playing Star Wars the old republic its a great game .wh here is playing it ?

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hi Mississippi. Long time no see.

17. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Hi Mississippi, it's been a long time, how are you?

I am not playing that game unfortunately, my computer couldn't hack it.

On another note, I am watching my new Star Wars Blu Rays on my new surround sound system- this is heaven!

Makes me excited for the films to be released in the cinema's again in 3D!!! I'm definitely going to the premier this time. Anyone know the release date?

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't know the release date, but I may not get to see it anyway. I work at evening/nights and weekends and those would be the only times I'd be bale to get a ride. :(

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll probably go and see them when released.

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I'd like to go see it. Would be great fun.

21. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Well I missed out on dressing up and going to the midnight premier on ALL the previous films...this time it's my turn! [face_devil]

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I've never been to a midnight premier either, so I know what you mean. 8-}

23. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    You guys haven't been to the shadow War RPG much, either. :p

24. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    [:D]

Cheer up, Master Jammy. I just posted in Shadow War today. Sorry, but RL kept getting in the way.

I decided to post there first before working on my task. Oops, I hope Master Ree didn't hear that. Lol!

:)

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Yay! :D

Now we need some more help. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.