The New Jedi Trials Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Ree, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey master I didn't mean anyhow by that I'm honored to be your Padawan
  2. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Just checking in. Hi, Knight SWF! So very nice to see you back in here.
    Yea,! Master ARC has returned. What a fun person to be around.

Fellow padawan JM_1977, Master JMS
    is one of the most Lightside devoted Jedi I have ever known. Hold on to every piece of advice, and every ounce of guidance that he gives you, and you will not go wrong.

Master Nadia, it's great to see you. Welcome back. We need to plot, oops, I mean talk. LOL! Things should be kept interesting in here, right? Maybe we could conduct some type of experiment on Master Jammy. Don't you think that would be so much fun?

:D

I'm sure that Master Jammy would have no objections.

;)

Hello, Master Ree. Now that RL has lightened up, I can get back to work on my task. It's not a hard one, but I've just had trouble finding the time to do it. I suppose you never have situations of that nature, right, Master?

[face_laugh]
  3. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    *grins and bows* Thank you Master:D

Hey prj1. Haven't seen you in while.
  4. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok firstly, OMG Jen you are a Mum and married?! Congratulations! It has been a LONG time since you've been here it seems, and we have all grown up since we were all first on here *sigh*

Secondly, thanks Shira, but I've been here a few times this week! :p Maybe you just missed me each time.
    Speaking of, I'll be away this weekend, so all of you behave!

I shall be training JediMaster_Skywalker in the Force ability of Tutaminis or Force Absorb-if you don't know what it is, look it up, it's fascinating. He will be posting tasks here.
    JMS, now that you are a Knight and Master to a Padawan, these tasks will be a little more challenging compared to what you may have been given in your Padawan training- just a warning
    :p

@ Nadia:
    Of course I missed you! It would be boring without your weird creatures and explosions around the place :D

@Prj1: Hey Joy! I'm always happy to see you pop in here. Yes life gets busy, but I am determined to see you through to the end of your Padawan training! [face_mischief]

JediMaster_Skywalker, I welcome you to the beginning of your Force Power training which you have chosen to undertake: Tutaminis.
    You have made the choice to improve your understanding and connection with the Force- a crucial part of being a Jedi. We will begin...

Task #1: Force Absorb

There are 12 Principles to follow when undertaking Meditation. Discover and read about 5 of these principles, and tell me in a concise paragraph for each how those principles can be applied to using Tutaminis. You have one week to complete this task, and I am always here for guidance.

NB: There is no right or wrong answer for this and it's not written specifically anywhere. If you read up on Tutaminis and on principles of Meditation use your own observation of both to come to your own conclusions...I think I May have started with a hard one! :p We will see. May the Force be with you[face_alien_1]

/>
  5. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Hey! I want to train inf Force powers!

I also want to do more lightsaber training, but Brutus isn't around much. :\

:p
  6. Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It is fine Padawan, do not worry about it.

@prj1: Thank You for the kind words Joy.

@Ree: Thank You Master, I will start soon.
  7. ARC170pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Me too. It must be at least a year now I've been waiting for my first Makashi task. :(
  8. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah! You have both reminded me that I must make contact with Master Brutus on the HoloNet (Facebook :p)
  9. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    Ree: *grins and bows* Probably. My Master says I run around too much for my own good.
  10. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Yes, we should go and bug Master Brutus to come back and hand out tasks. :p
  11. Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Here is my task Master Ree. I hope my last paragraph stays within the guidelines of your request because I improvised a little bit with that point. I feel it is still relevent to the duscussion here. May the Force be with you.

My first paragraph will consist of the Ninth principle of mediation. My source quotes this principle as, ?Now bring the mind to rest on the focal point of choice.? The way this relates to Tutaminus is fairly obvious. First I will explain Tutaminus as I understand it. The Force technique Tutaminus, is one of the ?Control? abilities and it branches into various other abilities used both by practitioners of the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force. The branches of this power are numerous, an example of this is Force Absorb which I will use in relation to the ninth principle of meditation. When a Force user is practices Force Absorb they must concentrate on the source of energy coming at them, be it, an incoming Force attack, or a blaster bolt. That ?focal point? of incoming energy must be concentrated on so the Tutaminus user can either deflect, absorb, or re-use it into another Force ability.

The next principle I will use is the Fifth one which states, ?Instruct your mind to remain quiet for the duration of your session of meditation.? I think this relates to Tutaminus because in extreme situations a mind that is clouded and not focused cannot perform Tutaminus and its variants. For example, only the deepest concentration can stop an attack of Sith Lightning like Master Yoda did against Darth Sidious. What reinforces this point is the beginning of that dual where Sidious gets the best of Master Yoda with a lightning attack and knocks him back. Later on of course in that dual, Yoda absorbs Sidious? lightning attack thus showing us that when the mind is at peace and focused, anything can be accomplished. Yoda also achieves this feat in his dual with Darth Tyrannus on Geinosis. This incidentally also ties into the Second Principle that states ?Choose a time when your mind is free from everyday concerns.?

In the eleventh principle of Meditation there is the idea of achieving a duality between ?pure thought? and ?Awareness.? The way I see this applies to Tutaminus is through a specific Force technique that branches from Tutaminus, that technique is Force Armour or Force Defend. Essentially they are the same thing but they serve a dual purpose in that they create energy fields built from the Force to protect the user. To achieve this the user must be centred and focused to sustain a powerful shield., but at the same time they need to be aware of their opponent and what they are doing to gain an advantage on them. A balance must be attained by the Force User to protect and to fight back when put in this situation with an enemy.

The twelfth principle will be my next point and that states quite simply, ?After long practice, duality disappears and Samadhi, the super conscious state, is attained. The Tutaminus brach I believe to be associated with this is Force Enlightenment. Through Force Enlightenment a Jedi achieves an ultimate boost to their already existing mastered defensive Jedi Force powers. The state of mind that the principle describes I think directly reflects this very Force power. An example would be the Jedi Exile, Meetra Surik who learned this ability during her battle against the Sith Triumvirate of Darth Sion, Darth Nihlus, and Darth Traya. She could highten her Force Speed, Force Valour, and the directly related power to Tutaminus, Force Defend. These powers were enhanced to a degree well beyond their norms through the enlightened state that Master Surik had achieved, and thus she achieved a ?super conscious? state in my opinion.

The last principle I will use is one of my own. The idea of meditation is to calm one?s mind and achieve a meditative state in which the individual draws in all their emotions and thoughts, to calm their mind. The focus they achieve from taking that negative energy and turning it into a positive feeling with tranquility resembles the basic
  12. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    So, how are my fellow Jedi doing today?
  13. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
  15. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    JediMaster_Skywalker I am very impressed with your first Tutaminis task it's exactly what I was after.
    It's detailed and shows you have done the research. You have the knowledge, intellect and focus that makes a true Jedi- well done!
    I especially liked how well your examples tied in with your explanations.

Task #2: Tutaminis

Now for your next task, I would like us to practice what you have just learned.
    In 5 posts, I'm going to come at you with the Force or an object, and I want you to apply the most apt Tutaminis technique to repel or absorb each one.

To clarify, I will post one "attack" then you respond in one post and so on until you have responded to my 5 posts.

Think of it as a duel in the duelling thread but without a lightsaber.

Use as much detail as you can to describe what you are doing, thinking and feeling.

Any questions, let me know as we go.

There will be no time limit for this. Let me know here when you are ready... *bows*

@ Shira: Hehe! Maybe you and Nadia should run together- she has a lot of energy as well!
    />
  16. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Master Ree, with you training my master in these techniques, would this by any chance affect my training or maybe benefit it?
  17. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
  18. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Understood master Ree. *bows respectively*
  19. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    Basically, his training has absolutely nothing to do with your training, it's completely separate.
  20. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I mean would his teachings change?

Also may I request some lightsaber training?
  21. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Padawan Agile Horse: Strictly speaking that isn't what I said. :p Though, stillness and slowness do have their own benefits. :)[:D]

Good evening my fellow, Jedi. *Bows* My Padawan should have her first task completed in short order. She only has to tweak it a bit. She is proving to be a bright and eager Learner but slightly impulsive. :D *Tugs braid gently*

22. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    Good question! Like I said, what tasks he gives you is entirely up to him. He is learning Force powers because he has attained the rank of Knight and requested training in a Force Power- his training is a separate entity to yours.

Unfortunately, only a Knight may undertake lightsaber training, so you need to complete your Padawan training! It's in the rules on p.1 :D

Hey Dooku!
  23. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    ARC brings the activity IN. I drive the activity OUT [face_worried]
  24. ARC170pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    *Summons his posse*
  25. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    *blushes and grins* You might have to beat that out of me Master:p

So, the "Qui-Gon Jinn Fanclub" is right above "Ralph McQuarrie has passed away" What I saw is "Qui-Gon Jinn has passed away" and I about died until I looked closer.[face_whistling]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.