main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    :D Kato Sai!

*formally bows to the Knight, but lets her grin show once she rises*

You were missed the past few weeks!

Rainbow Knight Star and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It is a comfort to know that I was missed. :)

I have returned from Tython. There in the grooves of our Genesis and in the woods of wisdom I found peace. [face_good_luck]

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    "Put simply genesis is life from lifelessness"

I watched all the Star Trek TOS films last week. It was a mixed bag but on the whole they were quite good. I also watched the film Underworld. Anyone else seen it?

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Greetings Darthmaul1208.

Ah.. Star Trek.. there is a minority that believes The Enterprise and the Federation of Planets were the precursors to our world. That at one point The Federation became The Republic; that Warp Drive became Light Speed. As peposterious as it might sound, some Jedi continue the Federation's mandate through the Exploration Corps. :)

5. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    That's actually incredibly intriguing.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Shira A'dola, it is a theory I began in another thread. It is sure to ruffle the robes of SW fans and tunics of Trekkies. :)

7. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    Initiation Task part 1: Why I want to come back:

I've decided to return to the Trials because I recently found out it still existed, if I'm honest. For those of you who don't know, I was hear a number of years ago and made it through several versions (Before the word "new" was added to the title) and I met some great people during that time. Some I'm still in touch with now, and one or two are still here, including the new Grand Master. Don't get me wrong, I made some enemies here too, but they were still good times.

I have some amazing memories of this place. Such as the rebellion that started not long after I first joined, and changed the way the Trials worked forever. And the time the AoD sent a Sith Apprentice to spy on us, which lead to a war between our two groups. This place has changed a lot since them days, it's a lot quieter here now But it is still here, the temple is still here, and you Jedi are still here. And maybe one day this place will return to it's former glory. And I have to say, I want to be here when that day comes. May the Force be with you, Knights of the NJT.

Part 2: The definition of the Jedi code:

The original Jedi Code:

Emotion, yet peace.
    Ignorance, yet knowledge.
    Passion, yet serenity.
    Chaos, yet harmony.
    Death, yet the Force.

Looking at this earlier version of our code, it's a lot more basic and maybe not as easy to follow, but here's how I see it. Take the first line, "Emotion, yet peace." It's saying that in the place of emotion, the Jedi have peace. This is true for the first four lines. Line five, "Death, yet the Force" regards the transition between the life and death of a Jedi. Our order believes that instead of simply dying, as most other people see it, we become "one with the Force." When this happens, we leave our mortal bodies and become part of a greater, larger existence.

Some time later, the most well known version of this code was written by Odan-Urr, founder or the Great Jedi Library on Ossus in honour of Master Ooroo.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no Chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Whilst it seems to mean pretty much the same as the original version, if nothing else, it makes it easier to understand. About 5000 years later, another version of the code was written, this one was very different to the older versions but carry the same basic principles.

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

Starting from the beginning, this means that Jedi strive to maintain peace and defend others no matter who they are. Every species is equally important and no one is above redemption. This code also encourages Jedi to always be looking to improve their knowledge and training. No matter how good with a lightsaber you are, or how much you know about the Force, there is always room to improve. The first four lines are important to remember as line five on it's own says nothing about why the Jedi need to control our emotions in order to benefit the galaxy.

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome Arc170 Pilot to the Trials. Your experience with the former trials and your vision for the future are admirable. I hope that you will be at home here in the Temple. I have found this place to be sanctum in an unpredictable Galaxy. It is my hope that we shall get to know one another and pursue the path of Light as comrades and even brothers.

9. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    Nice to meet you Kato Sai. I'm glad to see you modern Knights appreciate the importance of this Temple and the role it plays in our individual lives. Speaking of my experience with the former Trials, my last task before I left (and the reason I was given the rank of Council Member) was to document the history of this Order and build a library of it all. As this forum was close to being closed and everything was going to be lost, I only had a few days to record everything. I managed to log almost every major event before the shut-down, which I only managed because I dedicated myself to the task, rather than sleep for two nights. Sadly, the data was all lost because of a computer error I had a few months back. I've memorized some things, but a lot has been lost.

That said, it's nice to meet you. :p

10. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Who's out here being loud and disturbing my slee..er meditation?

:p

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Perhaps you should be our Lore Keeper. You would have to speak with Grand Master Rainbow Star, and it would need to be approved of by the Council (I originally was endeavoring to be Lore Keeper, but circumstances have made it almost impossible for me to pursue such a task at this time); you probably would need to excel to the level of Jedi Knight as well. There is much that is missing in the archives, in particular the war with the Acolytes of Darkness that has peaked my curiosity since I first joined. :D

It is a pleasure to meet you ARC170pilot. :)

Edit: JediMaster1511, you better be careful about nodding off. There are strict members of the Jedi Order who will smite you back to meditative alertness if they see you slouching. [face_laugh]

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That's why I have locks on my doors. :p

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    JediMaster1511 Locks.. hmm.. that is suspicious. I might have to send a Jedi Sentinel to check your chambers to make sure there is no questionable possesions like.. say.. Sith holocons. :p

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They make great toothpicks....but break easily. :p

15. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    Kato, I was going to be the new Lore Keeper years ago, but I don't have the time any more.

JM1511, hi, I think I know you from a few years ago?

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Know me? Know me? Yeah, I think so. :p

17. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    No updates again :rolleyes:

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh shush, it's not my fault we've had multiple showings every other day :p

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  21. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005

Your first Master when you joined here also had JediMaster in his name, or something to that effect. Am I right?

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    No, that was my first Padawan. :p

23. ARC170pilot

Sep 23, 2005
    So YOU were my Padawan?

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    JediMaster1511, hmm.. so you use Sith holocons as tooth picks. That is not exactly against the Jedi Code, but it certainly is unorthodox and unusual. :p

ARC170pilot, becoming the Keeper of Lore requires dedication and lots of research. At this point I cannot do the research.

Shira A'dola, I often do not get the updates, so I check my Watched Threads.

Edit: I hope to one day be assigned a Padawan. I want to pass on the teachings of Ashla and help my future apprentice reach their destiny.

25. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    stretches....yawns....burps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.