main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Padawan4687

Hello, Paddy, and welcome to the new NJT thread.

I do appreciate that you have never left the order, but to avoid confusion, with acception of the Council and a Jedi Master, everyone is to reenter as initiates.

If you wish to participate, please complete the two Initiation tasks listed in the opening post on page 1.

JediMaster1511

Jammy, you are still a Jedi Master.

:)

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    IC: So I'm an Initiate again in the RPG, and here?! Come on, why can't I keep a Master? D:

OOC: Okay, I guess I'll start over...maybe I can dig up my old answer and adjust it? :p

Shira A'dola likes this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Note for Darthmaul208

The answer to your questions:

You don't need a lot of EU knowledge. Anything you need to know can be found on the Wook.

It's not really a role-playing game as would be found in the Role Playing Forum here on the boards. It's a quasi-social thread, with some role-playing aspects.

And it's fine if you like Sith characters. Just remember that this is a Jedi order, so discussion of Sith would be kept to a minimum unless part of the training tasks.

And as long as you're active once in a while, you can be a part of the group. It's not that time-intensive.

The Vanguard and Darthmaul208 like this.
  4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Jedi live to serve the republic and offer an ideal to strive towards. They care about others and are not selfish. They can use force (no pun intended) when necessary and more often than not are swept up into battle. I like how they are both respected and feared by non-force users.

Despite centuries of using the force the Jedi still don’t have a complete knowledge of the Force (nor do the Sith for that matter) and have yet to discover its full potential. If they did I don’t know what they would do but Battles would be over quicker. I appreciate how the Jedi have access to a lot of power but have to limit their usage of it to protect themselves and others.

The Jedi Code.

I have used the original version by Odan-Urr. Here it is for other initiates:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.

1. Emotion can lead to a Jedi’s fall and lead them to make decisions that they could regret afterwards. Peace means there is a balance or equilibrium between light and dark.
    2. Jedi have realised that they shouldn’t be ignorant towards anyone or their beliefs. If they do not know about something they should seek to research it and understand it through the use of the Jedi Archives, Vast Archives and Mediation.
    3. Jedi mustn’t become obsessed with anything and should make sure they are neutral on most occasions instead of being biased and making decisions based on their biases. A Jedi must be calm, peaceful and untroubled by both the physical and the mental aspects of the force.
    4. The Jedi have realised that everything is interconnected and what seems to be chaos to some people is actually harmony. The Force acts in equilibrium meaning it will shift to support the opposite side. (real life note I do the sciences and chemistry my favourite so I understand this and will use it a lot)
    5. When a person dies they simply pass into the cosmic force and cannot be retrieved. They maintain their consciousness and bind to the living world though they cannot help or change anything.
      However there is a possible option for only the greatest of Jedi which allows them to maintain their selves after passing instead they go into the living force and can interact with the living world. I do not fully understand this as I have the final two episodes of TCWBC to watch.

This is my task response and i want to join the Jedi Order. What time period is this order in?

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    There isn't technically a time period that we play with. Assume this is somewhat unaffiliated with the canon timeline. Makes sure we aren't pressed by those boundaries in our tasks and discussions. ;) Darthmaul208

6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Jedi Gunny Just wondered.
    Does this mean I am the first official new member? When do the new tasks appear?

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Darthmaul208

Greetings, DarthMaul208, and welcome to the New Jedi Trials.

Excellent job on both of your tasks.

Announcement:

We have our first padawan. I take DarthMaul208 as my padawan learner. May the Force be with you in your training, young one.

**Bow**

DarthMaul208, It is a custom in this Jedi order for every master to give their padawan a name. This is the name with which you will sign every task.

:) Henceforth, your padawan name shall be Padawan Tiger-Jinn.

Task 1: Padawan Tiger-Jin

Write a bio, in your own words about the Jedi you wish to emulate, and explain why you chose that particular Jedi. (500 words minimum, no time limit)

MTFBWY!

Roster Update:

Grand Master:

Rainbow Knight Star

Council Members:

Ree: (Honorary)
    Jedi Gunny
    Nadia-Oomia
    Darth_Brutus666

Jedi Masters:

JediMaster1511

Knights:

Padawans:

DarthMaul208: Padawan to Rainbow Knight Star

Initiates:

Shira A’dola
    Padawan4687

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  9. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    Welcome, Tiger-Jinn. You have a great master on your hands, and I have no doubt that you will do well. :)

Yeah, Jammy, against all of my non-existant arguments against you staying a master we decided to keep you as such. You were lucky.....This time. :p

10. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Hey, I'm holding a lightning bolt and I'm the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla, what arguments could you have against me? :p

11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Hello I am honoured to be partnered to the leader of this council. (much like Yoda yes?) I have however encountered a problem she has named me different twice- is it Tiger-Jin or Tiger-Jinn? I say the latter because it rhymes with Qui-Gon Jinn (one of my favourite characters). Funny enough I just finished watching the Yoda arc so I am a little upset.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  12. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Darthmaul208

This is your padawan name.

Padawan Tiger-Jinn

Please be sure to use the colors I assigned to your name as well. Highlight in white, and color in black.

Sorry about that, my padawan.

13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Ah ok thanks for sorting it out.
    Padawan Tiger-Jinn

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    First Class:

Jedi ClassLesson 1: Jedi History

The Jedi originally began as a study group on the planet of Tython, but soon gain tremendous respect and admiration, becoming known as guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy.
    They were mystical wielders of the Force, and carried a lightsaber, which was their signature weapon.
    The powers of the Jedi were an inspiration to all citizens of the galaxy, and the Jedi were made brokers of peace in times of conflict and dispute, because of their calm, considerate demeanor.

Yet, the Jedi were few in number in spite of their great power and diversity. Foes often challenged their establishment of service, and their order. Their most notable enemy was the Sith, who possessed great lust for power, and very much greed.
    Because these dark warriors were the direct opposite of the Jedi, as well as their sworn enemies, the battle between them brought war to the galaxy more than once.
    The Sith used their dark strength to prevent the Jedi from sensing the future, and diminish their power in times of crisis.

Wisdom and patience, backed by swift decisive action when necessary became the way of the Jedi. However the Jedi Council, in spite of all their wise ways, displayed indecisiveness, such as during the Mandalorian Wars, choosing over the long term to work with events and paterns, thus spurring Revan to fight back, and eventually leading to the Jedi Civil War.
    Because the line between Sith and Jedi became blurred to the rest of the galaxy, both sides were blamed for destruction on worlds such as Katarr, Telos IV and Taris.

A Sith Master and senator named Palpatine of the planet Naboo became Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. He engineered the Clone Wars, and undermined the Jedi until the Jedi could be destroyed by him in one swift, masterful stroke. Palpatine enslaved the galaxy, and crushed the Galactic Republic, creating the New Galactic Empire, and ruling as Emperor.

However, this catastrophe failed to completely wipe out the Jedi. They returned within one generation, and nurtured and protected the galaxy with their guidance and wisdom in the form of the New Jedi Order.Through the horrors of the Yuuzhan Vong war, the downfall of the New Republic and the establishment of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, the Jedi continued to protect and serve the galaxy.

Assignments for those who wish to complete them, and for others waiting on a master, or whose master is away:

Note: If any master of a padawan wishes to count any class assignment that their padawan has completed as a part of their padawan’s training, please, feel free to do so.
    Example: Your padawan has done 3 tasks, but you were gone and they were bored, or they just volunteered to write essays on Tython and the Jedi Civil war. If you want to count those assignments as Tasks 4 and 5 in your padawan’s training, that’s fine with me.

Masters may also assign their padawans a task from a Class Assignment list at any time if they wish.

These are essays with a 500 word minimum, but no time limit.

Jedi Class: Lesson 1 Assignments

Planets:

Tython
    Katarr
    Telos IV
    Taris
    Naboo

Conflicts:

First Jedi Purge
    Great Jedi Purge
    Third Jedi Purge
    Mandalorian Wars
    Jedi Civil War
    Clone Wars
    Yuuzhan Vong War

Organizations:

Galactic Republic
    New Galactic Empire
    New Republic
    Galactic Federation of Free Alliances

Discussion and feedback are always welcomed.

:D

15. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    The Jedi Order is a source of peace and stability for all. It does not bias or prejudice but accepts any and all species alike for the protection and good of all. The Jedi live to serve others and offer an example to those who would see it.

Even through the countless years the Order has been in existence, there are many mysteries we have yet to unravel. I wish to join the Order for the good of others and for all the knowledge that has yet to be discovered

The Jedi Code

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    This is not necessarily banning emotion. Emotion is needed for life and stability of being. Rather it is a warning that emotion can get out of control. Only when we can control our emotions can we be at peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no reason to be ignorant. If we do not understand something, then we must learn and research to better understand.

There is no passion, there is serenity.
    Again, referring to the first line, we may only have serenity when we can control ourselves and our emotions.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    Everything is interconnected. Nothing stands by itself. When we realize this, what at first seemed to be chaos becomes a smooth strand of events that we can adjust to harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.
    Nothing is ever truly gone. When someone passes from life, they are accepted into the force as a cosmic consciousness. This is proven as some Jedi, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda and Anakin Skywalker progressed to what is termed ‘Force Ghosts’ proving that there is not simply nothing after one passes.

So technically all the items listed are open for assignment and we could potentially do multiple if say, we were bored or had free time and needed something to occupy our minds?

16. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Good morning to all in the New Jedi Trials Temple.

Excellent tasks, Shira. It may be a little while before I can locate a master for you. I will begin work on that immediately.

Shira A'dola

17. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Of course. I suppose I'll just busy myself with lots of essays then :p

18. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    May I please have your attention?

We have our second padawan master pairing. Please join me in congratulating JediMaster1511 and Shira A’dola. May the Force be with both of you.

JediMaster1511 Shira A'dola

19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    That was faster than I thought it would take :D

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  20. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Hey all! Nice to see the Jedi Trials are still going strong! You've got a great leader in Rainbow and I'm sure she's going to do her best to keep you all on the LightSide of the Force.:)

Kato Sai and Rainbow Knight Star like this.
  21. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I shall have a Padawan name momentarily. In the mean time, use this opportunity to exercise patience for your master. :p

22. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Of course :p

23. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words, EMPEROR_WINDU.

Shira A'dola That was faster than I thought too.

JediMaster1511 Try to behave, and don't give Shira any trouble, okay, Master Jammy?

[face_laugh]

Just to let all of you know, in case I'm not Online tomorrow, there's a ninety percent chance of rain and T-storms expected.

24. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    If a person is a Febrayasi, can they still be a part of the NJT and vice-versa?

25. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes, Shira. The NGE is a political group; not a force user group.
    The same goes for the Rebel Alliance and the Senate.
    I also would like to say that whatever anyone does in the RPG forum also has no affect on anyone's membership status in this thread/game. If you're playing a Sith in a role playing game, so what. That's the SW Role Playing Forum. It is irrelevant here.

Shira A'dola

Kato Sai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.