main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you, Star :)

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Okay, Padawan name time. Shira A'dola you're Padawan name for the duration of your apprenticeship to me shall be Padawan Happenstance

For your first assignment, I want a short report on the 3 types of Force powers(control, sense, and alter) and an one example of each that you feel best personifies yourself.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  3. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you Master :) This will be done as soon as possible.

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Excellent padawan name and task, Master Jammy. Enjoy your task, Shira.

Roster Update:

Grand Master:

Rainbow Knight Star

Council Members:

Ree: (Honorary)
    Jedi Gunny
    Nadia-Oomia
    Darth_Brutus666

Jedi Masters:

JediMaster1511

Knights:

Padawans:

DarthMaul208/Padawan Tiger-Jin: Padawan to Rainbow Knight Star
    Shira A’dola/Padawan Happenstance: Padawan to JediMaster1511

Initiates:

Padawan4687

5. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, NJT3 Temple!

The T-storms and rain are gone from my area, and sunshine has returned. That means I can visit here often, without double posting, of course. Lol!

Discussion time:

What are your favorite famous Jedi quotes from the six Star Wars films, and in what way, if any have they changed you, such as in the way you think, your views, and/or your actions?

I will answer this after some of you have responded.

:)

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    It is much too quiet in the temple.

I know Master Gunny is away on a mission, but where is everyone else?

:D

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Well I'm supposed to be revising! I want to be on from 6pm gmt onwards and haven't done any trials since sorry about that.

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    **Bow**

Greetings, Padawan Tiger -Jinn. I look forward to seeing you more here. I trust the Force is serving you well today?

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    not particularly master i have found the whole Damage thing very confusing and unsure on my course of action.

10. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm settling in. As soon as things quiet down I'll be back. RL is really kicking hard.

11. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Darthmaul208 Sorry to hear that, my young apprentice. I hope things get better for you.

[:D]

Shira A'dola That's great news, Padawan Happenstance. Darth RL really knows how to interfere with our fun, doesn't he?

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  12. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah he does, and in the worst ways :(

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I was taking a nap

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    What kind of noise was that I just heard? Oh, it was Master Jammy. That's why the temple was so quiet. He was napping.

[face_laugh]

15. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    ASSIGNEMENT #1 ("For your first assignment, I want a short report on the 3 types of Force powers(control, sense, and alter) and an one example of each that you feel best personifies yourself")

Control:
    The Jedi Order taught Control as a way to open one’s mind to the Force and establish a point for development. Control was centered on the Jedi’s ability to control their own bodies, as self control is the basis of all Jedi teachings. Side-effects, or benefits, of mastery of Control is prolonged life and the avoidance of decay. An example of a control technique is the Force Heal ability, which enables the Force-user to draw on the Force to rapidly accelerate the natural healing process of the body. This ability, in initial levels, requires meditation. But as the individual gains greater aptitude, the use of meditation is not necessary.

Sense:
    Sense techniques are taught to Padawans to broaden the scope of their Control abilities. Sense abilities allow Force-users to immerse themselves in their environments as they come to a deeper understanding of the Living Force. By the end of apprenticeships, Padawans are expected to use the Force as an additional sense. One Sense technique is Psychometry, the mental ability of being able to pick up impressions, information and the events surrounding an object by touching it. This ability allows the user to view the events as if they were actually there, including sights, sounds, and both the emotional and physical feelings that the handler of the object was feeling.

This is an advanced form of Force-use. Many untrained Force-sensitives accidentally discover or stumble upon these powers, which normally results in disastrous events. Because the art of manipulating objects must be honed to perfection, if left unchecked, these Force powers can cause mass chaos. Alter abilities are only taught to those who have mastered Control and Sense techniques, however Alter abilities are vital to successful Jedi. Without them, we can see the Force but are unable to manipulate it. A relatively advanced Alter technique is known as Alter Image. This ability allows the user to alter their own personal features; height, weight, skin color, facial features, voice, body shape, even gender. These changes will remain as long as the Force-sensitive keeps the power up, but the false features will drop once the user is rendered unconscious or loses their concentration.

~Padawan Happenstance

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Very nice, very nice. I am most impressed with your work. I deem this assignment completed.

Your next assignment will be given within the next 3 days.

17. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you Master :)

18. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Shira A'dola Excellent job on the task, Padawan Happenstance.

JediMaster1511 Awsome assignment, Master Jammy.

Out of Game: Rain and T-storms expected today, so if my presence is scarce on the JCF, that's why.

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Okay Shira A'dola, I have your next task ready.

For your second task of these trials, I want you to find an "uncivilized" planet(one that is uninhabited by known sentient lifeforms) and give me a short report on it. Include it's flora and fauna, whether or not it can be inhabited by sentient life, why it should or shouldn't be as well as whether it would be possible to inhabit, and what you learned about the connectivity of life as a result.

20. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    This will be done ASAP. However it might take a few weeks. I'm packing until my flight on Tuesday, and then of course I've got to unpack and settle back into Ohio.

21. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    You've got a trip planned, Shira? :)

22. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm heading home to Ohio, Paddy

23. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Shira A'dola Have a safe trip home.

JediMaster1511 Another awesome assignment, Master Jammy.

Padawan4687 Hello there, Paddy. Please do not forget to complete the initiation tasks listed in the first post on the first page of this thread.

24. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Rainbow Knight Star: After a bit of hunting among the derelict threads, I discovered my original Initiation task! My reasons for re-joining now are completely different from back then... :)

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Just FYI that I'm still hanging around, everyone. But I've got a lot of RL stuff going on (i.e. school, school, and more school), so I won't be active here much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.