main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    May it please you, Masters,
    I come before you as a seeker from a world set into what you know as Wild Space, beyond your Outer Rim.
    Among my People we Share what is known to us simply as "The Gift." Those of us who have begun
    exploration beyond our Home world have encountered what the Jedi have called "The Living Force."

I come before you in the sincere hope that I may gain both Knowledge and Wisdom, which can be
    shared among our People. It is my desire to foster Peace and Understanding among all peoples.
    and to thereby increase Harmony at what is for many a time of turbulence around about the worlds we call home..

August Masters, you have set forth a brace of tasks that indicate the path forward. I humbly submit these words as an undertaking of the first task sat forward.

For the second task, August Masters, I set before you for your appraisal, a bridge built of your language and of my own, hoping to share the voice of my people in the understanding of your own Code.

There is no Emotion, There is Peace./ Ki na Nariru, Ki kikoyuni.
    Emotion is a flare which consumes as Fire the energies within us, enslaving the mind to the ebb and flow of only oneself.
    Peace is the beginning of all focus. Focus opens the mind to understanding the flows of energies which bind all things.

There is no Ignorance,There is Knowledge/ Ki na Matanaiki, Ki matamira.
    Ignorance is the depths of darkness, for the mind, and the self. It is the vile chain link that enslaves one to existence as a Earth bound beast.
    Knowledge is the light which banishes darkness, and breaks the fetters which withhold us from sharing light with those in Need and in Want of a life beyond that the Beast.

There is no Passion, there is Serenity. /Ki na Aikitari. Ki Yatokina.
    Passion is that wave of seemingly boundless Water which displaces all before it.
    But the true strength of the Water is seen in its Stillness. Energy collected, awaiting boundless direction.

There is no Chaos, there is Harmony./Ki na Kotobata,Ki Yukina.
    Chaos is as the tumbling Wind, scattering all that rises with it in many directions, rending all l into confusion.
    Harmony is like the soft paws of the wind, playing gently thru the notes of a wind chime.All notes become a single song.

There is no Death, there is the Force. Ki na Shina. Ki Shandaki.
    The great Void is nothingness, and therefore, nothing. The reality is the energies which surround and bind us one to another, everywhere and forever.

Humbly submitted,
    Ryokyo
    May The Force be with you, always, Masters and Padawans.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ryokyo - welcome and that is one of the most gorgeous and insightful things I've read! =D= =D= With talent like yours, you need to wander into the Fanfiction side of the Forums [face_batting] for Star Wars and also for other fandoms LOL [:D]

3. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Thank you, Master for your most kind and gentle words.
    I shall meditate upon them.
    It seems to me that the great archive wherein your stories resound has not heard voices in some time. Is it yet an open place where even a seeker can add his voice?
    May The Force be with you, Master

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    **Bow**

Ryokyo Greetings, and welcome to the New Jedi Trials Version 3.

I am the Grand Master of the NJT, and my Second in Command is JediMaster1511.

Excellent work on your tasks, young one. You are very wise, and I foresee you becoming a great Jedi.

Please exercise patience. You will have a master very soon.

:)

5. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    I am honored by your concern and confidence, Master. I await the next tasks before me with serenity and patience.
    May The Force be with you, Master.
    Ryokyo

6. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Welcome to the order Ryokyo

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Excellent task.

For your next task, I want you to pick an animal from the GFFA that you feel best represents you and your potential in the Force and as a Jedi. Write out why you feel that way, and describe in detail the creatures habitat and it's interactions with it's environment.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    For me, The Vors, native to Vortex, are a compelling choice. Their world is one of mountains and grasslands. They have climate characterized by tempestuous winds, which allowed for the construction of a tall, irridescent structure called the Cathedral of Winds. It is made of many hollow chambers through which the Vors fly and/or close to create a unique, unparalleled melody called the Concert of Winds, which is held annually during the Storm Season solstice.

The Vors' noncombativeness but resilience is an example one wishes to emulate, and their love of music and ability to create it harmoniously through cooperative effort is a grand metaphor for any social and worthwhile endeavor.

Their culture survived the vaguaries of several catastrophic galactic situations, the Empire and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

They never lost their unique status or cultural values.

Padawan Littoral

Did love that task muchly :cool: JediMaster1511 @};-

8. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    (Ryokyo reads the words of the August Jedi Master, and smiles gently..)

Master, If I may,
    Assuming for the moment that both modesty and intent preclude my own race, and making it plain that I do not dance, I would select the Balinaka, from Gamib.
    Their race too is often regarded as "Savage." They are builders and at one with their world world in the water or upon the glacial lice flows. Beneath them they carve cities from the ancient permafrost. They are creators, and sculptors as well. Seeking the will of the Living Force is much like sculpture. We begin as simple blocks, without detail or design, but slowly and carefully, in small bits and chips, we lose selfishness, and shape Knowledge and wisdom, while removing Ignorance which redefines our shape, and the shape of the worlds we share.

Respectfully submitted,

Ryokyo

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh Ryokyo - that was. Simply. =D= =D= A beautiful choice both specifically and for the analogy/metaphoric significance!!! @};-

Art as a mode of healing/growth is a theme that I adore immensely!

10. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    (Ryokyo *blushes* modestly at your kind praise. The insides of his ears turn a deeper shade of pink, visible against his white fur and black ear tips.)
    I thank you for your kind words. I do try to find the Code in most everything I consider. It is indisputable proof that The Living Force surrounds us always, and binds us no matter where we find life.

(Oh dear.. I just discovered that I need to edit a single word in my previous post. Is there a way to do that?)

Respectfully Submitted,

Ryokyo

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Click on Edit next to your post. Type in the change and then "Save Changes." There is no timeout on the Edit feature.

12. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    (Perhaps it is because I am tired, but I see no such Edit option. Sorry to bother you.)
    There is an Edit option right near my signature, near "Report" but only for my latest post. Report is there for all the others, but "edit" is missing)

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    There's an edit window timeframe that varies from section to section on the forums.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Excellent task, glad you are enjoying them. We'll move along then.

For your next task, I want you to choose a fallen Jedi from any point in time of the Jedi Order. Closely examine this individual, and give me a report on who this person was, why they may have fallen, and what possible measures could have been taken to prevent it. Examine it as thoroughly as possible, take great care and consideration in this task.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] I already have someone in mind. Woohoo!

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  16. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    The Force certainly can manifest in some very strange ways.

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Excuse me Masters, but I'm interested in joining the Jedi Order if possible.

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Excellent news, Silent. We'll be happy to have you join!! :D

Just do the initiation tasks on the first page, and we'll go from there. :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    JediMaster1511

Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't post it before.

Initiation Task 1 :

Well, I really like to help others. And I feel like being a Jedi would help put me on a path to do that. To be honest I was a little hesitant about posting here, I wasn't sure I was ready before, and I thought on it a lot.

Now though, I do feel more confident and up to the task of learning how to become a Jedi. I know I have lots to learn, but I'm willing to put my best foot forward. :)

Initiation Task 2:

There is no emotion, there is peace. : This means that we must be mindful of our emotions, not let them overtake us when we are upset but instead find peace to guide our hands. It's not that Jedi aren't expected to have emotions either, but we must push them aside to gain a greater understanding. If we were upset at everything it would become difficult for the Jedi to get anthing done.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. : Jedi mustn't let themselves be blinded by ignorance but instead learn of things they do not understand. That way we have a greater understanding of the galaxy and it's people/ways/cultures.

There is no passion, there is serenity. :We have to remain calm in situations that make us upset and not act if we are angry or otherwise. We could make mistakes that could cost lives. That's why it's important to remain calm and have serenity in situations.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.: We need to remain calm in times of chaos and achieve harmony instead. If we are calm, others will be too. And this can include helping stop an argument or battle and helping others come to peace with each other.

There is no death, there is the Force: Jedi don't die, they become one with the force and live on.

I hope the way I've explain it is acceptable Masters.

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Excellent, TheSilentInfluence!

Give us a bit of time, and we'll set up with a Master as soon as we can. :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you Master. *bows*

22. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Ryokyo

That was beautiful.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ryokyo has a lovely lyrical writing style - it is gorgeous and compelling. =D=

24. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    Ryokyo bows respectfully to Vanguard-San.

As Ryokyo's eyes meet those of his friend, there is a warm *glimmer* of soft reflection from his wide set honey brown eyes.

"Akugita, esteemed Padawan." Ryokyo replies on the rising vibrato of a *PURRR* which causes the air around him to vibrate placidly.

"Or iin your own language, "Thank you."

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Quinlan Vos is one whose journey is convoluted and complex.
    He never succumbed because of wanting to dominate or oppress. He was never duped by a sly and cunning promise, as Anakin was.

Anger, vengeance, misguided ideas about the means to an end, and love of Asajj Ventress all tangled up to lead to his downfall. However, he never lost touch with his innate values and ability for self-sacrifice. He could never ruthlessly snuff out the life of another or take out innocents without blinking once.

The take-away is that emotions in and of themselves are not the culprit. It is what it timelessly true no matter when or where you come from: it's what you do with them that counts.
    A second lesson is that whatever path or wrong turn you take doesn't need to be permanent.
    Padawan Littoral

Thanks for that instructive task JediMaster1511 and hope all is well with the inimitable Rainbow Knight Star @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.