main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    Two Darth Maul Cheezeballs with extra corn
    A Yoda soda, with a chaser of MountaimDo, or do not,
    No Fries
    And a Side order of extra plot to cover the last movie and the next one, please, Master Jedi :)

Padawan Wookiebear

The Vanguard likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014

Good order. You may now go fetch it young Padawan. :p

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Don't worry Master! I'll get it! Kato Sai
    Padawan Galena

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    To the Masters:

Can a Jedi Knight assign tasks in absence of a master? Or to help Padwans achieve extra credit?

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    JediMaster1511

For my assignment Master, I've decided to choose Revan to write my report on. Revan was one of the first Jedi I learned about, and it has always held a special place in my heart.

I'm going to start with a bit of background to those who might not know of Revan and I hope you don't mind if I keep it gender neutral Master. I don't want to offend anyone who has their own idea's about Revan and who they were.

Revan was born in the Outer Rim territories in 3994 BBY and went through a number of Masters after they were discovered to be force sensitive as a child. As Revan grew in the order, their thirst for knowledge along with their friend Alec (who would later become Darth Malak) grew. They wanted more, and the Jedi Order (both on Courscant and on Dantooine) would not be able to sedate that taste for much longer. By 3964 Revan was known for both their charisma and skills as a Jedi Knight. Though Revan would not remain a Jedi much longer.

With the Mandalorian Wars came great destruction, great suffering for the people of the galaxy; and yet the Jedi Order felt it would be wrong to go to war with them. There was an even bigger threat out there, but Revan and Malak were eager to defend those who could not defend themselves, and many of their friends, some of the Orders brightest students went with them. Malak went first and Revan followed, and eventually the very order would be challenged. This would eventually become the first event that would lead to Revan becoming a leader. The Revanchist. It would also be the beginning of their downfall.

They fought the Mandalorians across the galaxy, and eventually the Jedi Council (after many Cathar were killed) grudgingly accepted Revan's cause; but they grew weary of the Jedi Knight despite a long line of military victories. It carried on for two years with Revan and Malak matching the Mandalorians brutality as much as they could. Eventually after heavy losses at the battle of Malachor V and the loss of their leader, the Mandalorians surrendered.

It was during those two years that lead up to the second event, how Malak and Revan found the Star Maps that would eventually reveal the Star Forge. Which would eventually lead them to discovering the Empire, and the Emperor Valkorion who would twist their minds and cause them to become something else. To become Sith.

Darth Revan eventually created their own Sith Holocron, and took the fight back to the Republic. They took the fight right back to the very people who depended on them, and they betrayed them. It wasn't just the people who disliked what Revan had become, Darth Malak eventually wanted more; he wanted to be the only Sith; to become more powerful. When he took the fight to Darth Revan, he lost and was wounded. Darth Revan had proved who the stronger Sith was, and Malak continued to bide his time.

Revan's luck was running out. In 3957 the Jedi Council sent a small strike team to take on Darth Revan, and the leader of it was Bastila Shan; a Jedi with Battle Meditation and who would later become one of Revan's friends. She saved Revan's life that day when Darth Malak fired upon Revan's ship; and a force bond was created between them. Bastila eventually took Revan back to the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, where the Jedi healed Revan's body but stripped them of any memories they had. They gave Revan a new identity.

So Revan become a new person with no memory of the life they led before, instead they became the hero the galaxy needed to defeat Malak; they went with Bastila, who had been assigned to watch them; guide them through the galaxy on the Ebon Hawk. They found the Star Maps, they tracked the Star Forge and fought through perilous odds. Even when Bastila was captured Revan didn't falter, they did what had to be done to find Malak and eventually defeat him; turning Bastila back to the light in the process.

Revan wasn't being corrupted this time, they showed that even Jedi turned Sith can turn back to the light, that their friends give them strength and that despite doing wrong in the path redemption was always an option. Revan was a leader to many in their lifetime, they gave hope to those who needed it. Revan paved the way for many future Jedi, and their story will be told for many years to come. If we learn what happened to Revan we can prevent it from happening to ourselves. To our friends. We just have to hope and rely one one another.

Padawan Intrepid.

The Vanguard and Kato Sai like this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well done Padawan Interpid! :bluesaber:

Your assignment covers Revan's history according to KOTOR brilliantly. I prefer to leave Revan's story contained to KOTOR, with only a few pieces from the Revan novel, in particular Bastila Shan and Revan getting special permission to marry and have children, since their bond saved the Galaxy from the Star Forge and Malak's Sith Empire; it seems story wise this would be likely scenario for Jedi Council to grant marriage and continued membership to the Jedi Order.

I am Revanist, and have studied Revan. All that you have omitted is the Sith Emperor by name who tainted Revan and Malak to become Sith, the fact that Revan eventually married Bastila Shan and had child name Satale Shan (see pics), and Revan would later split into two identies, one being Force Ghost of Darth Revan, and the other Revan as we know him hunting down the Sith and seeking their extinction (The Old Republic).

[​IMG]
    Sith Emperor, Valkorion, takes over Revan and Malak's minds. (Revan Novel)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Satele Shan, daughter of Revan and Bastila Shan (Revan Novel, and Star Wars: The Old Republic Video Game)

[​IMG]
    Revan running the Foundry in His Sith Hunt and Seeking to Destroy the Sith for good.

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you Master. *bows* I'd forgotten what the Emperor's name was and I haven't played Kotfe in the Old Republic yet. But thank you for informing me of my mistake, I'll go back and fix that now. I'm not sure if I should add the force ghost split though, since I wanted to end it at the end of the first Kotor game.

I do know of Satele Shan, she's a great warrior and Jedi.

Padawan Intrepid

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

The Sith Force Ghost Darth Reaven split is an odd addition that conflicts with the rest of story arch, so I agree with you, omit it. Really you would only need to add the info on Revan becoming Jedi Prodigal, the Jedi Council approving of Revan and Bastila's bond and them being allowed to have the bond of marriage and be Jedi in the Order (since in both cases, they turned each other back to the Light Side, Bastila with memory whipe and Revan convincing Bastila at the Star Forge to return to the Light) in a paragraph after all that you have already skillfully written.

A wonderful tool that saves time is to actually study on YouTube via videos.

There are archives that are incredible:

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I thought about adding that their bond eventually led to their marriage, but I'm worried about crushing people's own headcanons/theorys on the event. Like I said, I ended it at the end of the first Kotor game because I haven't gotten far in later Revan lore like Kotfe. Thank you for the video as well Master.

Padawan Intrepid

Kato Sai likes this.
  10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    To Padawan Intrepid,

Your decision to pause the account of Revan's history to the time period you know is wise. A Jedi must never pretend to know more than they do. Well done Padawan. Well done, you have resist the Dark Side's path of pride and pseudo-knowledge.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    *Bows*

Thank you Master. I appreciate all the help you gave me.

Padawan Intrepid

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    No one needs not fetch it, Master.
    Orders of this type are being presented to us by people who are wearing out theaters and TV screens these days, in quantities prodigious enough to exceed the quota of clones produced on Kamino.

May The Force be with you, Masters and fellow Padawans.

Wookiebear

13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Greetings Master, JediMaster1511

When you assigned this task to me, it was a bit overwhelming at first.
    But I will say, the research has been very rewarding.

The Force, and what we know of it, is both mystical and powerful. We are
    able to read it, sense it, channel it, and use it for the good of the
    galaxy. The Force, being an entity of it's own, yet remaining impersonal
    has a will and influences life in the galaxy at large. From it we have life.

As the great Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi once said, it is an energy field
    created by all living beings. Surrounding us, penetrating us, and
    binding us together. Even those who are not aware of it's presence are
    influenced by it, like pebbles in a raging river. I believe the person
    who embodies the Force the best would be An'ya Kuro. The great Jedi who
    was completely devoted to the force and to it's will that she abandoned
    her given name. Probably the only thing sentient beings can actually
    claim, their names - and she gave hers up. The force beckoned her to itself,
    and she answered the call. Some say her methods of training were harsh, but
    that is sometimes the necessary measure to take in order to maintain and instruct
    good discipline in a Jedi. Peace instead of passion is attainable through discipline.
    Kuro was a realist in her teaching method. In the example of A'Sharad Hett who
    sought to control his anger by seeking training from Kuro. The Dark Woman released
    words and attacks on him designed to bring out his rage. Within a controlled setting
    and knowing Hett's true intentions were to control his passions - the Padawan was
    able to use the Jedi Code to pacify his bubbling rage. This was a successful training
    method for the right candidate. The negative side of her training was that it
    sometimes didn't work. In the case of Aurra Sing who would only remain aggressive
    and lacked self control, Kuro never had the chance to finish training her since she
    would be kidnapped by pirates.

An'ya Kuro may have been an enigma to the mainstream Jedi Order, but she had a connection
    to the Force unlike most. And he devotion to it would rival those like the great Jedi Masters
    Fay and Yoda. I hope to establish my connection to the force like she did and let it use me as
    it's instrument to bring good and be a protector to those who cannot protect themselves.

Padawan Galena

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

I prefer Jedi Juice, known on Terra Firma as Jumba Juice. Thus is concerns me not.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Disclaimer: Pardon Double Post, Important Info.
    Debriefing 001: Encounter With The Dark Side
    [​IMG]

Over the course of past couple of days I have come in close contract with the Sith, even entering their Sith Empire thread [The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter! My corrospondance is contained in these Pgs 56-58.]I have even had direct contact with the Sith Emperor, and am currently in private conversations about Sith lore and the differences between Jedi and Sith (my conversation is inquiry based, but I have made a case for Ashla/The Light Side). I have with respect questioned their tenets, history, and fervor with respect, seeking to understand why they are committed to Bogan (Dark Side). My desire for answers and knowledge, certainly parallels Exar Kun, but unlike him, I do not believe myself beyond corruption. I have been tempted by their desire to make me disciple of the Darkness, but have not waivered: "The temptation is tantalizing. The Secrets of the Sith. Passion. Power. Victory. How it can be felt, like the tips of hand caressing the heart, and words filling the mind calling me forth to search temples and tombs of ancient Sith knoweledge. To this voice and hand of shadow, I say, I am a Jedi. I do not hate Sith, no I have come to love them. To quote Orson Spott Card, "In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves." To which I imagine those among you who serve the Empire would add the final sentence, "And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them.” (Fan Club -The Sith Empire:.., pg 58, 8/18/2016, 9:55pm).

In my conversation with Sith Emperor I wrote this reponse, "1) Our archives indicates that the Force has always had two natures, though one. The Light (Ashla) and the Dark (Bogan). While your information that the Sith's knowledge of Force predates the Je'daii, our libraries say otherwise. Say that I do concede, and you are correct, I believe the Jedi on Typhon abandoned the teachings of Bogan because of their propensity to destroy both the user and those around them. The Dark Side deforms, and destroys, it gives the wielder great power but a great cost relationally, spiritually, and even physically; for a time it seems limitless, but the mortal bodies do not hold this Shadow for long, and the threat of an apprentice of the Darkness going to slay a master destroys any chance for genuine love, trust, hope, and peace. We Jedi believe that the Force is best represented to the Galaxy through compassion, peace keeping, healing, diplomacy, and controlling emotions rather than causing endless death and destruction; the Master who wrote the Jedi Code originally said, "emotion, yet peace," as to say you can have the emotions, even passion for another sentient lifeform, long as you maintain the peace, the self control over your actions, will, and desires so that they do not end in violent means for yourself or others.

2) We surrendered the Dark Side because of it destroys family, community, trust between cutlures and races, and ends in betrayal or imprisonment in a holocon or tomb of darkness. Darth Malgus had lover, but he destroyed her, so not chance of long lines of Force Users if a Dark Sider on a whim will slay their kin, lover, or family members (very Herodian). How can you have genuine community if you are always seeking to find a means to subvert and slay one another to prove your prowess and power? No bond can last for long, and so loneliness, and a Cesar's level of fear, paranoia at being possibly assassinated, and more sets in. How can many cultures and races be unified and have mutual trust, when a Dark Sider can break a treaty, agreement, and even Imperial law any moment to advance in the Dark Arts? Its chaos, and anarchy at its zenith. Ironically, our Order of Jedi in 42 BBY says, "attachment forbid," but that actually is more Sith in nature and misinterpretation of the Jedi Code.

The Sith say Passion is allowed, even a relationship in love, and yet this is misnomer or deception, because the Dark Path will inevitably lead to the death of the said relationship and passionate feelings between to beings. The Dark Side promises something, but its very nature is against it." (Kato Sai).

I am currently in combat (RPF Dueling Thread) with WookieRage, a Sith. This is closest contact I have had with the Sith in both combat and conversation. The risk was high, but I made the point to our enemy that I become more of a Jedi by not blindly hating the Sith, but understanding their point of view and their misguided zeal. I can love my enemy, and still fight them. I wanted to share this activity, to be transparent because I want to be accountable to the Masters, and my Jedi brothers and sisters. The Dark Side is at work, and I am stand firm in the Light, this test is it not what Yoda required of Luke Skywalker on Degobah?

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Trying times indeed Master Kato Sai
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom acquired going through these tests of the Force.
    I will take them to heart.

Padawan Galena

Kato Sai likes this.
  17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Here in the confines of our Temple and Order there is safety. When a Jedi ventures into the Empire of the Enemy, it becomes different. The Sith will not tempt you with merely feats of supernatural power or prowess with a saber, but they offer a point of view and knowledge that like a worm can eat through the most sound mind of a Jedi. One should not venture into the Dark until one has prepared themselves, for the Dark Side is not strongest in Force Lightning or even Empires, but when it becomes a thought, one that makes you question who is Jedi and who is Sith as Anakin did: Anakin/Vader said, "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!," and Obi-Wan responded, "Then your lost!" (Episode III: Revenge of the Sith); Bogan works on doubt, pride, and even confidence in knowledge, these are the other three besides fear, anger, and hate that lead to the Dark Side. Beware Padawan, a thirst for knowledge as I have can be an undoing, as one Monk said, "Shun too great a desire for knowledge, for in it there is much fretting and delusion. Intellectuals like to appear learned and to be called wise. Yet there are many things the knowledge of which does little or no good to the soul, and he who concerns himself about other things than those which lead to salvation is very unwise." (Master Thomas Kempis). Obviously I am not advocating a purge of knowledge, for our Code states, "there is no ignorance, there is knowledge," and I myself seek to be scholar as well as swordsman for the Order. Master Kempis' point however does apply to when studying the Sith, and their history; for let us not forget Exar Kun, a powerful Jedi, fell, not by love as Anakin did, nor by lust for power as Ben Solo did, but rather because of knowledge which lead him to the Tombs of Korriban and possession by the Dark Side itself.

Sinrebirth and The Vanguard like this.
  18. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Wise words!

Misplaced love, lust for power, craving for knowledge...many traps lie in wait for a Jedi i presume? This is why we need to be tested?

Padawan Galena

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Aye, test or tried, "These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold." (Master Cephas, 1 Peter 1:7). There is no sadistic nature to the Jedi Trials, they are merely to reveal to the Order, and more importantly, yourself, if you are ready to face the more difficult tribulation of the Dark Side. A Jedi who is not yet steel, but clay can be molded by the Dark Side. What is important to master as Jedi are virtues in the Force that curb Bogan's tentecals, these virtues are "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control," (Master Paulus, Temple Galatia, Galatians 5:22-23). As Jedi we may know love and compassion, but everything, even a thirst for knowledge must fall under self control and discipline. Its not about austerity and legalism, but rather knowing when a virtue like love is breaking from the rest of virtues of the Jedi, they must be one, like a vine with one root. Love must have peace, patience, and self control keeping it in line, and so forth.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *a shroud of darkness befalls a corner of the room, and from it emerges a cloaked individual, with eyes burning yellow behind the shade offered by the hood*

If I may, I would solidify what is already given.

The dark will not give any corner to the light, and would state that we allow Kato Sai into our territory because that Padawan is tempted. Any other crossover will need to be pre-agreed between TheSilentInfluence and myself.

But what I would say of love, as a man with multiples loves... Is that it cannot have any restriction upon it, or it will wilt, and die.

The Jedi cannot live without restrictions and so you have no choice but to turn yourself from love.

All in all though - the Sith are very pleased that the Jedi are returning. The Sith need their rivals, to define them, to give them something to hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    The only restrictions I live under with love are the ones the universe forces on me, none of the imagined illusion of restriction that is seen by the Jedi here, or by myself.

It's not Jedi who define the individual, it is the individual who define themselves. I am a Philosopher, I am a Human, and I am a Weapon, and that is what makes me a Jedi, and more importantly, me.

Excellent tasks, by both Padawans. You are off to great start! We will continue down this road, both of you will be assigned the same task this time. I want you two to each write about an excerpt of time for the Jedi Order. It does not matter which point either one chooses, but I want to know a brief history about it. May the Force be with You. :)

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    JediMaster1511

*bows*

Of course Master; Thank you very much.

Padawan Intrepid

JediMaster1511 likes this.
  23. Ryokyo

Ryokyo Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2016
    *Darth Insipid* [*snicker*] Sounds like the "working title" for the next SW Picture "starring" Kylo Ren and his Snoke sponsored "glee club."

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Understood Master JediMaster1511

I will draw up an abbreviated point of History regarding the Order.

Padawan Galena

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Your Eminence,

I was tempted as the Light was in the Wilderness, but holding fast to His model I have passed the Trial. With respect to your Highness of the Sith Empire, my rank is Jedi Knight, not Padawan. My master has long since become one with the Force (has been absent from forums) and was proud to see me knighted by Master Rainbow Knight Star at the approval of Jedi Council.

The Jedi have returned, and by the guidance of the Force we shall restore peace to the Galaxy.

The Sith have restrictions, one cannot follow Ashla (Light Side) and be a Sith, your order rejects the healing power, unity, love, peace, self control, selflesness, servant-heartedness, compassion, and kindness of the Light. The Sith vow that they have passion, even love, but how can such passion last under the shadow of death and the rites of assassination and betrayal that mark the Rule of Two?

The Light will not be engulfed by the Darkness, but rather our spark shall grow until it illuminates the entire Galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.