main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Jedi Trials Version 3.0**

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    rainbow Knightstar, you do me great honor. I want to thank Darth-Hoax for giving me the opportunity to learn this lesson; that as Jedi we should be positive and believe the best about others and not think the worst until there is substantial proof.

Nadia-Oomia, there is no haste, there is patience. You have taught me master to be more patient in waiting for a response. This is a skill I shall need to a Jedi Knight. You have nothing to apologize for Master, if anything you have my thanks. :)

Clarification: Does the Jedi I want to emulate once I become Jedi Knight have to be someone who is on the Council of these Jedi Trials or can it be a Jedi from the entire History of the Jedi Order (examples being Obi-Wan and Yoda)?

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    No alerts...[face_dunno]

3. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    I would prefer it to be someone that is in the history of the Jedi. No one who is part of the Jedi trials here, but someone within the Star Wars universe. :)

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
  5. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Maybe I should change my name to Darth-Hoax...it's funnier... [face_thinking]

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    *Jedi Grand Master Bazinga'd the Mod enters the Jedi Temple*

Master Rainbow Knight Star, I have important news for you. Please speak to me in private.

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Darth-Horax: My apologies. I meant no disrespect. As a Padawan, it seems I am not immune from typos. :D

Nadia-Oomia: I shall do the assignment as soon as possible master. :)

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Kato Sai
    I look forward to seeing your task when you post it. I know it will be amazing.

:)

9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Revandemption

By Direwolf (Kato Sai)

When I become a Jedi Knight, I desire to emulate Revan. Revan of legend, the Hero of The Mandalorian Wars. and the dreaded Dark Lord of the Sith. A strange choice one could argue, why a Sith Lord? My reasoning lies in Revan Reborn. After his fall, Revan was reclaimed by the Order. For a time he acted without knowledge of his past, but on the Unknown Planet of the Rakata, he discovered his true identity. In that moment, Revan was confronted with the choice of assuming his former mantle of Dark Lord and joining his then fallen love, Bastila, or to be redeemed and fight against the malice of Darth Malak. Revan after wading in the darkness and being deceived by the Jedi Council of Dantooine, decided to embrace the Light and fight against his former apprentice. Revan upon the Starforge, reforged his identity as a Jedi when he struck down Malak and persuaded Bastila Shan to come back to the Light Side. Revan's actions are proof that any Jedi Knight, no matter how far they fall, can return to the fold and become a Prodigal.

While my aim is to never betray the Order in the first place, I am comforted by Revan's return and resolve. When Revan was reinstated in the Order he became a knight anew and fought against the remnants of the Sith Empire. Revan who had once led these armies, approached them in the Jedi habit (robes) and made them submit. Eventually this will to undo what he had set in motion led Revan to the Sith Emperor. There in Throne Room, were before Revan had been seduced by the Dark Side and turned against his fellow knights, Revan stood resolute. The Prodigal Jedi fought the Emperor until the strain of his encounter knocked him unconscious. Revan was then imprisoned by the Invidious One and was only rescued after a hard fought battle. Revan In truth was victorious. He came back to Ashla when seeking the Star Forge. He destroyed his fallen apprentice, restored a Jedi to the order, and faced the same Evil in the Emperor but did not fall. It is this side of Revan I wish to mirror, the resolve to rectify any mistakes and to restore all things.

Revan may have fallen, but his redemption eclipsed the darkness. From the shadows this man returned to the Order and while not a strict adherent to the Jedi Code, he spent the remainder of his life defending the Order and the Republic. Revan represents the hope that any Jedi can rise again and spend their life repairing the damage they have done. Great Jedi Knights are not always pure like Obi-Wan, some stumble, but if they rise again they can change the course of the Galaxy, and bring balance to the Force.

10. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    No alerts again :rolleyes: I'm working on my task though, should be done in the next day or two

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

This issue again. Are you copying tags or typing them in. Copied tags will not work

12. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    It's not tags at all. I'm supposed to get alerts when someone posts in a thread I follow (or at least I used to) but that hasn't been happening reliably

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    OK. Thanks.

14. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    You're welcome

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Shira A'dola

After you post your task, I'll update the roster, removing the "gone indefinitely" notice.

:)

16. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you, Grandmaster :)

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Greetings Shira A'dola. It is nice to meet another seeking the Path of Light. :)

18. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Great, that means I have to think of another task. :p

19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Sorry, Jammy, I don't want to stay a Padawan forever :p

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    But you're my Padawan, that's as good as being a Knight. :p

Kato Sai and Rainbow Knight Star like this.
  21. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    So does that mean you want to keep me longer? :p means more tasks for you to come up with ;)

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

The Allure of the Dark Side

Essay by Direwolf (Kato Sai)

Disclaimer: This was not an assigned essay, it is voluntary.

As Jedi we are taught to seek serenity. We are trained to walk tranquil paths and purge emotion. A multitude of members stay resolute and unshaken in their trust in the Light Side of the Force. But for many, the Dark Side is tantalizing. The sheer strength Sith possess and the damage they leave in their wake can cause younglings to yearn for that power. Even Padawans are faced with the passion of Dark Siders; many have fallen from the path of Light because that passion stirs them and they lose the desire for peace. Even Knights and Masters are not exempt from the allure of the Dark Side. In times of war, light and dark blur and many Jedi find themselves walking on the edge of their Order's principles. Knights are exposed to Bogan as they fight on the battlefields. They encounter the Dark Side in more than Sith. While many chevaliers can resist and hold fast to the Light, they are perpetually tempted and when one falls, the entire Order grieves. There is no record of a Master deliberately turning from the Light to follow the darkness. However, many Jedi Masters become clouded by the malevolence of the Sith and some recluse to resist the shadows in solitude.

The Dark Side is among us. The potential to abandon peace for passion is inside us all. Bogan lies in wait, seeking to beguile Jedi into abandoning their serenity and service for severity and selfish ambition. It only takes fear or anger to begin the path towards darkness. If we fear losing those we love, Bogan will find us. If we fear that we are not valued member of the order or that we are not capable of inner peace, Bogan will be there. If we become angry over position or because we want power the Dark Side will dwell in us. Perhaps even our anger is not unjust, maybe we see innocent sentient life slain for greed or we behold a foe who's fierceness forces us to seek other sources of strength to defeat them. Make no mistake, none are immune to the allure of the Dark Side. It like serpents coils around us and hisses in the ear heresies that can give us hope and even seem like the help we have desperately pleaded for.

The Dark Side is not always the face of Darths scared. There are temptresses and white robed forms of Bogan that try to turn even the most resolute Jedi. Secrets and answers are often what these sorcerers sell. They promise immortality and omnipotence if you will but seek their ways. We may recite the final lines of the Jedi Code to comfort and keep us resolved to resist the temptation, but inside we betray ourselves. We get a taste of the temporary power or the illusion of immortality in the form of ghosts, then doubts are born. Pay no heed to the promises of the Ancient Sith. They scheme to achieve but a shadow of the afterlife. Their holocons are empty horns bent on rattling the faithful. The spectra of Korriban are manifestations of the Bogan, not the souls of dead Sith. It is all a ruse to get a Jedi off the path.

Daily we must purge ourselves of the desires (doors) to the Dark Side. At times it will require merely a choice. Your feelings will urge you to betray your principles and to touch the power, but you must take hold and even inflict self harm on yourself if it means maintaining the Light. It is better to be One with the Force, than to be lost in the void that awaits the Acolytes of Darkness.

23. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Gives me something to do, I suppose :p

24. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    That's true :p Not a bad thing :p

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Well, I can't do anything if you don't do anything. :p