main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The New Jedi Trials

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chukles38, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005

Ages ago, a light shined throughout the [b][color=cyan]Star Wars Community[/b][/color]. [b][color=green]The Jedi Trials[/b][/color], founded and lead by the great and brave [b][color=blue]Darth-Horax[/b][/color], shined as an example for many to follow, a beacon of light in a darkened forum.

But Darkness closed in on the forum, and the order. The halls of the temple were closed, the temple demolished. The trials gone ... but never forgotten.

Today, a new Jedi Order rises in the Star Wars Community, a new hope for forum, a new light to shine on the lives of many.

Welcome, to the New Jedi Trials.

[u][b]The Rules[/u]

Joining the Trials[/b]: Membership in the trials is open to any registered member of the Jedi Council forums provided they are not members of the Acolytes of Darkness and they have not been banned from this game thread by the forum moderators. There shall be no rule governing a minimum post count established to decide who can and cannot be a member.

[b]Behavioral Expectations[/b]: All members (and invited guests) are expected to remember that this is a game thread. It is most important to have fun. In order for the game to be fun, certain guidelines and rules are necessary to keep the game running smoothly and working well. As this is a game, users are asked to be friendly and respectful of each other. All members are expected to stay active and post regularly when online. These posts should be meaningful and contribute to the game itself. Socializing is acceptable within reason. The Trials should not contain pages and pages of only socializing. When a member is going to be inactive for a period of time, they should communicate this to either their master, the keeper of the Roster or the Council. Members who go inactive without any notification risk being placed on an inactive list or even removal from the Trials if enough time elapses.

[b]Pictures Policy[/b]:
    For tasks including pictures, please be aware that SWC has a limit of four pictures per post. It is strongly suggested that users post their pictures as [link= rather than [image= . That way only the people who want to see the pictures can see them. However, four images in the task itself will be acceptable.

[b]Spam[/b]: "Hello/Goodbye" type posts are not allowed. That being said, a degree of socializing is acceptable within the game itself. Socializing here and there is fine. However, the majority of posts should relate to the game itself, as this is a game thread and not a social thread. Gentle and polite reminders of the "No Hello/Goodbye posts" portion of this rule are acceptable from members of the Trials. However, please leave ALL other handling of spam situation entirely to the SWC mods. If there is an issue with spamming in the Trials, please contact a SWC forum mod.

[b]Membership Levels[/b]:
    [blockquote][b][i]Initiate[/b][/i] No requirements on minimum number of posts. Only requirement to join is to post desire to join in the thread. All new members must start off as this rank. Initiates are expected to post in a respectful manner, and are under the direction of the Initiate Instructor (or Grand Master if none has been appointed).

[b][i]Padawans[/b][/i]: This rank is given to a member of the trials who has been taken under the wing of a higher ranking member of the trials for training. The promotion from Initiate to Padawan can be done only with permission of the Jedi Council (or Grand Master if no Council has been established) who may choose to give up to three initiation tasks before allowing promotion. Padawans are expected to post in a respectful manner and learn from their appointed master, both in the thread, via PMs and in other approved places.

[b][i]Knights[/b][/i]: This rank is given to a member of the trials who has successfully completed training as a Padawan under the tutelage of another higher ranking member. It is given only after recommendation of the Padawan's master, and agreement from the Jedi Council (or Grand Master if no Council has been established). To successfully complete training,

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Official Interaction with Acolytes of Darkness

While invasions and antagonizing posting in the threads of the opposite faction is not allowed, there is a desire to have a symbiotic relationship between the two threads and to promote a healthy rivalry between them. As such, official interaction will take place between the New Jedi Trials and the Acolytes of Darkness in the following way:

1) An official interaction thread will be created every three months. This thread will be created by one of the forum moderators or by a member of one of the factions who has expressly been given permission to create the thread.

2) The official interaction thread will be used to house a series of contests between the two groups. Each thread will contain up to seven challenges. The first group to win four of the challenges will be declared the winner. The winner of each challenge will be decided by the forum moderators and/or a judging panel established by the forum moderators. The decisions are non-negotiable.

3) The winning group will receive "game host" VIPship for their Grand Master until the time of the next challenge.

4) This is the only official interaction to be done between the other two groups on the forums, unless an official RPG is started in the RPF with moderator permission.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Welcome back to the SWC, Jedi Trials!

*raises a toast*

Here's to a long, successful game thread!

4. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    *Joins in on the toast*

I certainly hope so. We have some high hopes here, and good plans. Anyone interested in joining, simply post your interest in the thread. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, my pm box is always open. Welcome back, Jedi Trials. :)

5. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Giggity giggity giggity goo.

*Bows before Master chuckles*

What is thy bidding my master.

6. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Welcome aboard JK. :)

Well, as you know, ranks are all erased, so I suppose your training can begin shortly. However, I am tempted to push that off to see if we get a lot of people wanting to join, see what I am dealing with, ya know?

Anyways, I'll get this thing really moving in a little bit. :)

7. Arrakna

Arrakna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    I would be interested in joining the light side. :)

8. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Very well then, welcome aboard Arrakna. :)

I will be getting a sock to keep track of the roster up to keep track of things, just FYI.

So, for you two and anyone else wishing to join the trials, I have a task for you.

In two well written paragraphs, please explain why you wish to join the New Jedi Trials. Spelling and grammar is very important. Please do your best to complete this using as good of grammar and spelling that you can. Feel free to spiffy it up too, you know, highlights, colors, bolding, whatever. Other than that, enjoy. :)

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Why do I wish to join the New Jedi Trials

The Force is a mysterious entity. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and holds the universe together. To gain knowledge of this force. To feel it pounding through my bones is what I seek by joining the Trials. I wish to be trained in the Jedi arts. I wish to gain knowledge of the Force and therefore knowledge of the universe. It is what drives me, and what will keep me eager throughout my time at the Trials.

However, I do not only wish to learn in the lightside of the Force. As Emperor Palpatine said, If one wants to truly know the Force, then one must study all of its aspects. I do not wish to join the Sith as they are far to over to the darkside. The Force has blinded them, and my joining with there order would not have helped me in what I seek. The Jedi however are different. They are more flexible, more understanding. And that is why I wish to join the New Jedi Trials.

10. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Very nicely written, JK. No critique to add on my part. :)

By the way people, tell your friends so that we can get some members over here. :p

And, on a side note, I would request that each member go register at the offsite and be at least moderately active. Of course, I cannot require this. However, the Acolytes of Darkness and New Jedi Trials offsites have been merged, and will result in some fun interaction, I am sure. As well, it will allow this game to go a bit beyond the game. Please check it out. Remember though, be respectful to all users over there. Link is here. Thank you for your time. :)

11. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Master Chuckles.

I would request to begin my training.

*bows*

12. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Very well then. You ready for some hard tasks? :p

I will take JK on as a padawan starting immediately. Do not fret, all of the rest of you. While certainly we will be restricting one padawan to one master, due to the starting of the game I shall take on more than one padawan until we can get some knights and Masters around here. When I have decided you are ready for training, you'll be made a padawan and your training to knighthood will begin. I will be judging if you are ready based upon the way in which you complete tasks I give you, just so you know.

Another note, I would request that all members add in their signature that they are a member of the SWC New Jedi Trials and their rank. Thank you. :)

JediKnight20043, I have never been one for padawan names, but I find that it is an important tradition to carry over. So, henceforth, throughout your training, you shall be known as.......

Padawan Grumpy Gills

Kudos if you can decide why I chose that. :p

Padawan Grumpy Gills, I expect you to somehow fit in the name Grumpy Gills into any task that you perform. So, that being said, your first task will be sticking with the slightly random task style of the old trials.....

List the colors of the rainbow. Then, in one well written paragraph for each, relate the color to an aspect of science. How you relate them is up to you. The more creative, the better. I expect them to be at least slightly logical connections, and to be well explained as to how you made them. There is no time limit on this task.

Have fun. :)

13. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    It shall be done Master. I have a question, do I have to do markup codes on my padawan name? If so could you tell me the colour of the background :p

14. Arrakna

Arrakna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    I wish to join the Jedi Trials to learn the ways of the force, to increase my knowledge, to uphold the peace, to protect the innocent and defend the defenseless. I do not have any hopes or aspirations in mind, other than to train among other Jedi, understand and become at one with the force itself.

To be able to partake in the new Jedi Trials would be a great honor. There is a rising evil I feel, among the people of this world, dark deeds are not frowned upon but revered by many or dismissed. I pledge myself to the teachings of the light side of the force, to gain strength from it in order to do what I must to counter these dark forces, to live and die as the force foretells.

15. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    lol. Markup codes would be nice, and I'll even give you the mark up codes to put... sort of. :p

[b ]Grumpy Gills[/hl ][/color ][/b ]

16. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Task 1

Red - Just below red in the electromagnetic spectrum is infrared. We (us chemists) use infrared radiation in order to see what kind of bonds are in a molecule. The process is called Infrared spectroscopy. How it works, is that different bonds absorb infrared radiation at different wavelengths. By measuring the amount of infrared passing through a substance it is possible to work out what bonds the molecules have. A typical result from an infrared spectrometer is as follows:

[image=http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/8/82/IR_spectrum_of_ethanol.gif]

This is the spectrum of Ethanol, or alcohol. The broad peak you can see on the left hand side is the absorption by the OH group in the molecule. The reason it is a broad peak rather than a sharp peak is due to the H-bonding between molecules.

Orange - Orange is the colour of Potassium Dichromate. This substance is used in chemistry as an oxidising agent. Once it starts oxidising a chemical it turns green. This is due to the Chromium atom changing oxidation state. It can do this because it is a transition element and therefore has d-orbitals with which to transfer electrons.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Potassium-dichromate-sample.jpg]

Yellow - Yellow is the colour of sodium street lamps. The way these work, is by having the bulb full of sodium gas. When an electric current is put through the gas the electrons within the gas then become excited and get promoted to a discreet higher level. As they fall back down to the lower level again, they release a photon, ie:- light. This also happens with other metals, calcium is red, while copper is green. The colour of the light is due to how far the electron drops when it goes from the higher level to lower level.

[image=http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~atolea/second/Balt_lamps3.jpg]

Green - Green is the colour of plants. Within the plant cells there is a substance called chlorophyll. This substance is responsible for the plant being able to absorb sunlight and turn it into energy. This substance is coloured green, hence where the colour of plants come from. This is also Grumpy Gills favourite colour.

[image=http://www.food-info.net/images/chlorophyll-leaves.jpg]

Blue - Blue is the colour of Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate. This is usually called just Copper Sulphate. However there is a difference. Anhydrous Copper Sulphate, ie:- copper sulphate without any water at all, is usually pale green. When water is added, the copper sulphate then forms a metal complex with the water as ligands. This is the cause of the blue colour of copper sulphate.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/CuSO4.5H2O.jpg]

Indigo - The indigo dye colour is cause by the following molecule.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c7/Indigo.svg/210px-Indigo.svg.png]

The reason this cause colour, is mainly due to the delocalisation of electrons with the benzene rings on either end of the molecule, but the rest of the molecule will also have an effect.

Violet - This is the colour of potassium when it is burned in air. This works in the same way as sodium street lamps. Only when being burned the gas is created by the heat of the flame.

[image=http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/893/70021950.JPG]

---

I hope this is satisfactory my master.

17. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Initiate Arrakna, very nicely done. However, since I am not as familiar with you as I am with JK, I shall have one more task for you to do to see if you are fit to be a padawan.

Initiate Arrakna, I wish for you to write me a well written essay (for lack of a better term) on the Jedi Code. In this essay, explain what each portion means and how it applies to the life of a Jedi. There is no word limit on this task. Just be sure you fit the requirements adequately. :)

For reference, here is the Jedi Code:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Padawan Grumpy Gills, very nicely done. It was very informative, and very well thought out, though a more creative integration of Grumpy Gills would have been preferable. :p That hardly matters though. Very well done. :)

You next task will be perhaps harder. I wish for you to choose one style of lightsaber fighting, and I want a detailed analysis of it. I wish for the strengths and weaknesses to be pointed out and examined. Discuss two different practitioners of the form within the Star Wars universe and how they differ from each other in their application of the form. I also would like the origins of the form touched on, both in the Star Wars universe and the Real World. Include four relevant pictures. Lastly, I wish for you to post a mock duel that you wrote, in which one of the duelists practices this form. I wish to see, in this 'duel', how the form would be applied. There is no word or time limit, though as always I expect you to write a well written response tht includes all of the requirements.

This may seem long, or intense, or whatnot, but I have the utmost confidence in your abilities. :)

18. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    *joins*

What is my task? :)

19. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I shall be done my master. However I shall wait until morning to complete this task.

20. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    **Bow**

Master Chukles, I would like to join the Jedi Trials. I will have that task for you in a bit, if you accept me.

:)

21. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I thought you were a member of the AoD??

22. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    No.

On February 14, 2008, I left the order.
    (see page 31, 25 posts per page, old AOD Thread)

23. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Ah. Nice to see you Jen. Always nice to have a beauty like yourself aboard. ;)

Wait. I'm the Grand Master now. Shouldn't talk like that. :p

Your task is the same as anyone who wishes to join. I'll post it again for emphasis. :)

In two well written paragraphs, please explain why you wish to join the New Jedi Trials. Spelling and grammar is very important. Please do your best to complete this using as good of grammar and spelling that you can. Feel free to spiffy it up too, you know, highlights, colors, bolding, whatever. Other than that, enjoy. :)

This is not necessarily the only task that will be required to become a padawan though. Don't get that misconception.

Joy did leave the AoD. I saw it myself. She, as is anyone, is welcome within the New Jedi Trials, regardless of their past... so long as they are not a current member of the AoD. Everyone starts with a clean slate. However, don't think that that means that I will tolerate people who leave the order and try to come back in the same fashion. This is a one time deal. Falling to the darkside from this day forth could very well have consequences witihn this order.

24. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    It is so good to be back!!

I wish to join the New Jedi Trials to rekindle the great experience I ahd in the previous trials. In the old trials I learned about myself as well as people from across the globe. I had a great experience living and acting like a jedi knight. Meanwhile, My past experience led me with a greater desire to be the best Jedi I possibly can be. My goal is to becoem a better Jedi than I was. This can be acheived with a higher rank, but also with actions that parallel the jedi lifestyle.
    I also wish to join the New Trials because of my experience. I know I can guide and lead jedi to their own goals and aspirations. Overall, I know what a positive experience this can be and I look forward to starting my journey as a jedi.

25. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Welcome, BBL. It's good too see some familiar faces back. :)

BBL, your task was certainly acceptable. Want to give you another though, before taking you to padawan level.

Tell about your favorite Jedi, whether within the movies or the EU. I expect this to be a detailed report about why you like them, what they were most notable for doing, and any other information you wish to include. I would like a little detai, as I stated.

For instance,

"Obi-wan, 'cause he's cool, trained Anakin and Luke, and gave his life, and was old and cooool." would not be acceptable. :p

Anyways, there is not time limit. Enjoy. :)

And, for our 'new' members, be sure to check out the offsite in the opening post. It really is a great little site. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.