The New Jedi Trials

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chukles38, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    This padawan is waiting on a task. :cool:
  2. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Grand Master Ree:

May I have permission to post a self-chosen task? Please?[face_praying][face_batting]

I was thinking of doing a paper where I tell the folks here if I think some of my favorite actors have Jedi or Sith-like traits and why. :D[face_love]

Prj1: Thanks for the PM. I sent you a reply. [:D]:*

*Bows*

Knight Dooku
  3. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol same here.
  4. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok so...

Corin Daan: Can you PM your Master and remind him you need a task? Or have you done this already? :D

Dooku: Feel free to post any thesis/essay about Jedi related things anytime! I look forward to it :)

Shira_Adola: I fear my Roster is not up to date. Have I given you a Master yet??

5. ARC170pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    It says in her sig that her master is QGR. Sometimes you should stop relying on the Force and just use your eyes, Master. :p
  6. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    *sniggers* that would be helpful sometimes, Grandmaster.
  7. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Is this Task number 5? Or is it 6? Huh, I should really keep up with that. Anyway, I think since Halloween is coming up, I should give you something you'll enjoy, or at least I hope you will. In no less then 200 words, describe Revan and Starkiller's respective fighting styles and explain why it suits them. If their fighting style at all changed, please state how and(if possible) why. It should be something moving, something from the heart, something...eh, you'll think of something.
    And on a completely unrelated note, me and the lads(or alternatively gang, though that may be inaccurate since there's only four of us) are going as zombie Beatles(well, not really zombie, more like if the Paul is Dead thing was real WHICH IT WASN'T!). Actually, lads might be slightly inaccurate as well from a formal point of view, since one of them is a girl. Looks just like George Harrison though. It's actually kind of creepy.
  8. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    I rarely read signatures on here.

Even so, it should have been on the roster. I've spoken to QGR and she is going to train you has she contacted you yet?
  9. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] You watch Merlin!

Yeah, Ree. I've done...well I'm not sure the first task really counts as a task, so I've done maybe...a task and a half lol.
  10. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    All right, a task! This will be #6:cool: I'll get on that ASAP
  11. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    I kind of want to flex my saber skills...any takers?
  12. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Will you teach me Niman if I accept?

:p
  13. The_Zeltron Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    Task #6

Revan and Starkiller

Galen Marek, or Starkiller, was unique among the Jedi and Sith in that he received little formal lightsaber training. While Vader dueled with him and trained him a little bit, the majority of his training took place with his droid, Proxy. Marek learned to adapt his own fighting style and imitate the forms of some great masters, like Obi-Wan Kenobi?s Soresu. His favorite style seems to have been Juyo, the most aggressive form. Using this form Marek would often overwhelm his enemies through his sheer force and tenacity. Sometimes he would also use the more defensive Soresu form in order to tire his opponents before launching his own more aggressive attacks (for instance when he was battling Rahm Kota). However, he is best known for his reverse Sith Shien style of fighting. Marek learned to fight using a reverse grip technique and could deliver a flurry of blows to overwhelm and defeat his opponent. It is this form that is depicted in most promotional material featuring Starkiller/Marek.

Marek?s fighting style was unpredictable because he mixed his own interpretations of these lightsaber forms with powerful Force attacks. Sometimes these attacks would be the simple use of telekinesis, while other times he would inflict powerful Force lightening on his opponents.

Less is known of the fighting style of Revan. He was known as both a skilled warrior and a brilliant tactician and strategist, so it is safe to assume that he would be a dangerous opponent in a duel, analyzing his enemy and adapting his style to suit specific needs. He was also a powerful Force user, both during the Mandalorian war and after his capture and retraining. During the final battle of the Jedi Civil War, Revan fought his way through an army of dark Jedi, Sith troopers, and sentry droids and defeated both the fallen Jedi Bastila and Darth Malak. Whatever his particular style, it allowed him to defeat both single opponents and multiple antagonists.

Padawan Rancor of Ice

15. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol, let me not have 5 papers to write first, then we'll talk.
  16. ARC170pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Can you teach me Makashi too? I'll be able to duel with you afterwards. :)
  17. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    I was learning Makashi before you went on a sabatical Brutus. May we resume our training?
  18. ARC170pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow, Brutus is really going to have his work cut out for him at this rate. It's a shame we don't have more members. In the old days we would have several masters capable of teaching their own lightsaber forms to others. We're too small to do that now though.

Also, awesome, I made it into your sig! :D
  19. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Deal. I accept your challenge then.
  20. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    You realize that it could be a while, right? College papers = evil. 8-}
  21. Ree Force Ghost

star 5
    It's only fair, I made it onto yours :D Yes! I actually read someone's signature! :p

Hmmm yeah. We have a Battlemaster now that's why. But if Brutus can't fulfill the work load he can ask others on the Council to help him I guess. It's up to him:D
  22. ARC170pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    I wasn't critizising Brutus' ability as Battlemaster, he's better at it than I would be. I was just commenting on how things used to move a lot faster when there were more masters all teaching their differant forms. As I said though, we probably don't even have enough Jedi here now to have a form each so it wouldn't work anyway. Don't mind me, just having a senile old rant. :p
  23. Shira_Adola Jedi Master

star 4
    *Sighs* Maaaassssteeeerrrr...
  24. Cushing's Admirer Force Ghost

star 6
    Ree: :D Cool. Thanks.

Brutus: I was on my 2nd task for Makashi training too but I don't remember what it was. May I have another, please? :)
  25. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    So true. Glad I don't have to face those any more!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.