main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico The NEW LA COSA NOSTRA GAME: Citz. vote Saturday. Who dies, who lives! Game may end tonite!

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Jedi_Boricua, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Welcome to La Cosa Nostra: The Mafia Game

Do you like to live dangerously? Do you want live on the edge? Join La Cosa Nostra.

This game originally is played in the JCC, but I thought we might enjoy it as well. Here are the game rules, roles, and how the game is played:

Para ver las reglas en "plain Spanish" , vean el final de este post.

Game roles:

Citizen - The object of the game for the citizens (i.e., everyone who isn't in the Mafia) is to figure out who is in the Mafia and kill them. Citizens accuse people of being in the Mafia and vote on who to kill during the Citizens round.

Mafia member - The two Mafia families work separately and are trying to kill the Informants, Undercover Agent, the citizens, and the other mob families members. The way they do that is by PMing the other members in their family and deciding on which players they want to kill. Once they chose a player to kill they pick a member from their family to PM me with the hit. I will announce that family's hit in the thread and that player will be dead. Note: Try and have some idea of who you'll want to kill before hand so if you can't reach one of your family's members you'll still get your hit in on time. If a family doesn't PM me by the end of their 48 hours they won't get a hit that round. Also, please figure out who will be PMing me the hits, and make sure your whole family is in agreement with the hit choices so I don't get multiple hits from different members of your family with different names of who they want to kill.

Informant - The job of the Informants is to find out who is in the Mafia and report it to the Undercover Agent and/or the Citizens. After the mob families have made their hits the Informants can PM me and ask me if one person is in the Mafia or not. If that person is in the Mafia, I will tell them, otherwise, I will tell them they're not. When the Informant finds out a player is in the Mafia they PM the Undercover Agent with the name of the Mafia member. At any time, the Informants can announce what they know to the other players in the game. Note: When PMing the Undercover Agent the Informant is only allowed to say the name of the player in the Mafia, and what family they are in. No talking about the game should be happening in these PMs. Also, please don't telling anyone, besides the Undercover Agent, who is in the Mafia through PMs because that ruins the game. The Informants can only announce what they know in the thread, but then the Mafia will know who the Informants are, so usually they're only good for one shot doing this.

Undercover Agent- The Undercover Agent works like this: Each Undercover Agent has their own Informant who knows who the Undercover Agent is and sends him/her the names of the players that are in the Mafia. The Undercover Agent then uses that knowledge to make a hit like the Mafia does. The catch is the Undercover Agent will only get to make two hits per game. The Undercover Agent is not allowed to respond to the Informants PMs, only take note of who they tell them is in the Mafia. The Undercover Agent can PM me at any time in the game with a hit, but they must use their 2 hits in separate rounds

How the game is played:

1. I will PM a group of players alerting them that they are in one of the two Mafia families (Cannelloni or Linguini). I will also PM two other players alerting them that they are the Informants for this round, and two more players who will be the Undercover Agent. Everyone else will be a citizen.

2. The game starts off with a citizen vote. During the citizen vote everyone posts who they think is in the Mafia and votes on who to kill for that round. Whoever gets the most votes gets killed, and I will announce if they were in the Mafia or not. Now remember, the Mafia can (and does) vote as citizens, so be on the look out for who votes for who and whatnot during this round.

3. After the citizens vote round the Mafia families each PM me with their hits and I announce the them in the thread.

4. After I announce the Mafia kills we start over

2. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Bueno gente empezamos el MIERCOLES 2 DE JULIO.

Apuntense los que van a jugar.

3. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
  4. Ktulu_Terumo

Ktulu_Terumo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Not only I'm in, I'm gonna kill ya all.

5. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Count me in!

6. Carlitos

Carlitos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I'll toss in my hat.

7. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Sign me up.

I got ban inmunity!

Buahahahahahahahahahaha!

8. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
  9. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Let's make this bloodier than last time. [face_devil]

10. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    <In Luke whiny tone>
    "Pete, don't do thaaat!"

Oh, and I shall also participate in the mayhem.

SNAPZ WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE!!! [face_devil]

11. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Añademe a la lista.

12. Jedi-son-of-Jedi

Jedi-son-of-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Nunca he jugado y no se si estoy a tiempo, pero cuenten conmigo.

13. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    La intencion era empezar hoy, pero todavia nos falta gente.

APUNTENSE!!!!!

14. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    count me in

15. DarthKurt

DarthKurt Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2003
  16. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    empieza ha hacer una lista luis.

17. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Y que se supone que sea lo que hay en el final del primer post????

Hay tony te tiraste una Rafa.

18. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Tony te tiraste a... digo, te tiraste un Rafa, bien brutal!! [face_laugh]

19. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey cuidaito que a mi nadie me ha tirado. :D

20. Rillao_Kun

Rillao_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2002
  21. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Ha, you poor thing! :p

I'd play but I sometimes even forget to check the Forums :(

AMY (why do I always include my name here?)

22. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Bueno ya que somos quince (thanks the girls for joing, you galls are awesome!!!)

Espero entre el dia de manana y el domingo mandar los PM's a todo el mundo.

El primer citizen vote será el martes.

Todos los que quieran unirse todavia los pueden hacer hasta que yo anuncie oficialmente mi candidatura para un puesto electivo, digo hasta que anuncie el comienzo oficial del juego.

Now as Teddy said: "Speak softly and carry a big stick!"

23. Tari_Alcarin

Tari_Alcarin Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2003
    Count me in
    [face_devil]

24. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Let the killing, backstabbing, bloodshed and fun begin!!!

Citizen vote will be held on Wednesday and please make sure you put who you are voting for at the end of your message.

25. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    An enormous man walks into the bar, wearing a large apron covered in blood stains. His dirty blonde hair is a mess and already has a five o'clock shadow. After wiping his greasy forehead with his forearm, he approaches the bar, taking up two barstools.

"HEY CHARLIE!" the large man shouted. "WHAT'S A GUY GOTTA DO TO GET SOME DRINKS 'ROUND HERE!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.