main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Official Yoda Fanclub** The Swamp Stew is our ally, and a powerful ally it is!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I swear I have not been getting alerts for this thread...I don't understand why I keep having a problem with this...I already cleaned out a bunch of my old "watched threads"?! I just hit "unwatch" and then "watch" again...maybe that will help.

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well...based on the news about GL calling the director of R1 to tell him how much he liked it, I have to say I'm dramatically more interested in it than I have been up to this point!

I won't get a chance to see it until about a week after it comes out, though, so I'll probably stay away from a lot around here so as to remain as unspoiled as possible...

Dandelo, Lea-El and Frank T. like this.
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That's a good idea, I avoided as many spoilers as I could in the weeks and months running up to the release of TFA and I enjoyed the movie even more. Since I will be seeing it opening day, I will avoid posting spoilers unless anyone asks me.

Pensivia and Frank T. like this.
  3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    If anyone asks you can always answer in a private message so you don't spoil everyone else's story.

4. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Three days plus ... breath at peace I must be...or I will never find those car keys. ... and the tickets
    Where did i put them?
    Where I would remember where I put them.
    No... not there...
    no ... not there ...
    Ahh Haaa

Frank T. and Pensivia like this.
  5. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I actually got my ALERT for Lea's above post[face_dancing] :p

But then I'm not going to be able to see R1 until the end of next week or even later...so I might not be around as much until after I see it (don't wanna take a chance of getting spoiled).

Have fun, Lea-El...enjoy!

Dandelo likes this.
  6. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I have been to a galaxy far far away and it was good.
    The trip home was a little cold and damp but that was this galaxy's fault.:p
    I won't say anything else but it was good until Penny sees it. It answers a lota questions.

7. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013

You guys don't have to wait for me!:) ...I am just gonna make myself scarce until wed or thurs of next week. I don't want to stop y'all from enjoying the excitement of sharing your immediate reactions!

8. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Don't tell me I'm the only one to go see the movie! Sound off!
    I loved the statue on Jedhu and what was left of the planet and the General that I won't name and the man who trusted the woman with his life and the plans. the hand off and the ending.The visuals in space, of the death death star(That shouldn't be a spoiler)

Pensivia likes this.
  9. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I saw it twice so far!

Pensivia likes this.
  10. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Greetings Yoda fans!

Pensivia likes this.
  11. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Sup, Dandy. Didya catch a new flick?

Dandelo likes this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Frank T. likes this.
  13. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013

Yeah, I liked it too! Going for a 2nd viewing later today. Will make a short list of my fave things after that!

And btw, can't we just go ahead and discuss it openly at this point? I know the thread in PT said no spoilers til 12/23 but it's past that now, so we don't even have to use tags now, do we?

Lea-El likes this.
  14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Sorry for the double post...but I just read the stickied "Welcome to the SWC" thread, and it does stipulate that spoilers should not be posted until two weeks following the release of a new movie. So I'll be back with my list of fave RO things after that:p

15. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    We lost our Princess today Carrie Fisher died of her heart attack the youngest of the Falcon crew. She will be missed.@};-@};-@};-

yodafan1031 and Pensivia like this.
  16. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Just seeing that blood bath of "Star wars series" movie and I remember those great words of Master Yoda:
    "Wars does not make one great".
    I do remember ,but lots of political leaders of today world,do not believe these words!
    Wise,they are not.

17. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Politics does not make one great either.

mihaitzateo likes this.
  18. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    These words, that you put here, made me see Rogue One in a different light, that I have seen at first.
    I think Rogue One,has the role,in whole Saga, to present the difference between members of Jedi order and Politicians.
    Master Yoda is the Jedi that attains the strongest connection to the Force.
    This is why he cares about every living creature.
    Master Yoda is extremely humble and benevolent .
    The politicians are terrifying,compared to Master Yoda.
    Even those "good" politicians, it can be no comparison between them and Master Yoda.
    Master Yoda has tremendous power, by his connection to the Force, but he remains humble and democratic.
    He remains democratic in that he does not want to impose his will upon other creatures.

19. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Well, I went to bed in Southern Dagobah and woke up in Hoth. Thus I'm in the Twilight Zone.[face_coffee]

Good night Dear Princess and your real life Padme.

I wonder if Debbie gets a Force blue glowy image? Yep! Carrie/Leia would see to it. Gold lame Jedi robes.:padme::leia:

On the question of someone playing Leia in 9 the only person I know of to ever play Carrie is Meryl Streep. She's as close as you could get to Carrie.

20. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    I hadn't really followed Carrie a lot over the years and feel like I'm only just discovering a lot about her since her passing. Have seen some great old interviews with her from the 80s on. Will have to read some of her stuff someday.

My fave things about R1:

--Vader, Vader, Vader!!!:vader:

--Chirrut (esp) and Baze[face_love]

[​IMG]

--K-2SO (nice to see they can come up with a new droid character who doesn't feel like a knockoff of R2 or Threepio!)

--CGI Tarkin and Leia (I know some fans didn't like that they did this, but they both worked for me)

--seeing AT-ATs coming crashing through palm trees:p

Would have liked to see more of a balance between character development/character moments and action, action, action, but still, overall, I found it very enjoyable (MUCH more so than TFA, which mostly rubbed me the wrong way). Not sure it will have as much ongoing/rewatch value to me over the years like GL's films, but like I said, it was a fun SW experience, so no major complaints!:)

What are your thoughts, Lea-El?

Also--I've missed a lot of posts over the holidays-- Dandelo , have you seen it yet and if so, what were your reactions?

21. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Humm! What do I think?

it always takes me a whole to process that much action,
    I liked Jyn's backstory.
    Tarkin freaked me out his eyes were a little wild, a little more live action/make-up a little less computer generation would help.
    I liked Leia.
    The Kung Fu Jedi was strange.
    The Death Star image was perfect.
    I likes the robot especially when Jyn shot him and didn't know which she had shot and he knew it. I liked her giving him a gun later. I liked the giving them the odds.

I got confuses in the council and hanger scene with C3 and R2 expecting Luke but I realized I was just having a senior moment.
    I liked the hand off of the plans and ticking off Vader,
    I liked Bale's confidence in who he planned to trust the plans with.
    The design flaw built in explained a lot of plot holes.

I agree with Jei the best line in the movie was when they put the bag on the blind guy's head and he said, "but I'm blind" -don't quote me- I'm not calling to check.
    Jei says the blind guy was one of the Whills that taught Qui-Gon so he should have vanished and joined the Force, maybe he was an apprentice.
    The end was sad but a good SW death.

So what did you think?

22. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I love it! It took me a few minutes to get used to some of the different music and visual stylings but I was definitely into it and all the characters. The list of my favorite parts is too long for one post but I will say that I also enjoyed Chirrut (and his line about the bag over his head), Vader's last scene, the presence of Tarkin and Leia(despite some cgi weirdness) the visuals of the Death Star throughout, Galen Erso's story, Jyn's mother, Bail!, the planets and other settings, Kaytoo, Captain Andor, the inner workings and infighting of the rebel Alliance and the emotional weight of what was happening on screen that transfers to when I watch Star Wars and the rest now.

Lea-El and Pensivia like this.
  23. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Sorry I'm so inconsistent here guys. I'm a retail store manager...never a dull moment.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Pensivia likes this.
  24. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Hey yodafan1031 , good to see you! Don't worry--the YFC welcome mat is never rolled up and put away!:yoda:.

Did you see Rogue One and if so, how did you like it?

25. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    I haven't seen it yet...I even have a $10 AMC gift card that was given to me, but I never have time to go...or when I do, I'm so exhausted that I just pass out...I hope to make it before it leaves the theatre, but DVD is great if not...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Pensivia likes this.