main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New Official Yoda Fanclub** The Swamp Stew is our ally, and a powerful ally it is!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Sep 11, 2012.

1. achanes

achanes Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    I would like to join. I bring awful Yoda jokes and even terrible-r Star Wars puns. :D

What did the Jedi say when Yoda won his lightsaber duel?
    "Yoda man!"

:D

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Hello achanes Welcome to the Yoda fan club. We love to hear from new members so pun away.

I think Frank T. has the roster and will put you on as soon as his schedule turns him loose. Join in anytimewith a Yoda memory,quotes or whatever.

So what does a Dagobah sheep say?

Da -go baaah.

Frank T., achanes and Pensivia like this.
  3. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    This story was entered into the Yoda fanfic contest but was the only entry. Joy agreed it was a draw and hasn't had time to post it so I'm assisting her.

DAY ONE
    by Lea-El of Southern Dagobah (I have a new neighbor.)
    Yoda Fanclub writing contest 3/2017 Draw

Yoda opened the door to the life pod, for a second the animals squealing in the distance sounded like the younglings in early tumbling lessons. Then, the sick image of the security tape made him cringe. Yoda stepped out of the life pod onto the muddy surface, the mud and minute critters squished between his toes. “Ah, the tiled floors of the temple, miss I will.”

His instruments had gone wild after entering orbit so he wasn’t sure if it was going to be a habitable area or not and the Force was jumbled with the overlapping life-force signs. “Trial and error, I will have to use, a new home to find.” He closed the door behind him to protect the pod from crawly things and excess moisture.

He closed his eyes and stretched out in the Force feeling for directions. “Ah, still blinded, I am, hoped distance from disaster, open my eyes, it would. Favorable this way looks, try it I will.”

He looked to make sure he had all the things would need in his shoulder bag. “New shoulder, I will need if not find solid ground soon.” As he headed for what looked like a brighter sunnier place, if that is possible on Dagobah, the mud and muddy water go deeper and deeper. Now his bag was on his head and something swished past his leg, then swished back circling him.

He closed his eyes and said. “Away, you must go, taste bad, I do.” It seemed to work because it swam off with a flip of it’s tail drenching the parts of Yoda that were until now dry.“What word there was Anakin got scolded for?”Then he groaned at the thought of the young boy turned Sith.

Finally, he got across the mud wallow and on to plain mud, not the squish between the toes just the slippery suddenly flat of your back stuff. He pulled up on one elbow and mumbled. “And thought I did, on Tatooine worse, Obi-Won had it.”

Once again, he climbed up on his feet and walked on towards the light. He went around, through and over fallen trees, muddy creeks, boulders, vines, snakes, vines that looked like snakes, bugs of all sizes shapes and stings, and this one bug that sounded like music from some strange planet kept landing on his ear. Finally, he got to the light spot, it was lichen growing on a dead tree.

There was a slight incline past it and a path. “What this path made by? Oh, well, worse could not happen?” The path led up and around the incline to a clearing with a tall tree on the edge and a small stream with what passed for clear water on Dagobaon the other side.

Yoda looked at the path but could see no sign of what made it and could feel no warnings from the Force. He sighed thinking back over the last few weeks. What warnings had he missed or had the Force forsaken him...them all.

There was no sigh of anything in the clearing so he decided he would fight for this ground if need be. “Aaaahh! Forever plagued I shall always be with what miss did I.” He dropped his bag and sat down for a few minutes, pulled out a nutrition bar and ate. Then, pulled out his canteen and as he drank looked around wondering what to do next. “Good place to have landed my life pod, this would have been. Make mud hut like one saw on mission years ago, I will.”

He emptied out his bag in his robe and tied it up in the tree and carried the bag back to the muddier wallow filled the bag with what he had just crawled through. He hiked back to his clearing and added leaves, twigs and lichen made a good texture. He took a stick and drew out the outline of a small hut, a bed over here, a chimney and fireplace and a table for one, that was all he could think of that he would need, and there would be time to add on later if other needs arose. He looked around again just to be sure this was where and how he wanted it and started stomping then patting his mud dough in place.

How many bags he had hauled he lost count but he had a wall shoulder high before the light gave out. He had collected wood for a fire to ward off the creatures of the night. As he lay in the shell of his new home designing the doors, windows and bed in his head he wondered how many days would he live in this clearing and how would he fill his time once his hut was finished?

He thought about the nights on Kashyyyksleeping back to back with a Wookiee. “Now warm, that was. Where’s a Wookiee when one you need? Redesign hut, I would have to.” Just as he was falling asleep one of the music bugs landed on his ear and he heard. ~“I can’t get no...”~

The End of Day One

achanes and Pensivia like this.
  4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    ....satisfaction? Now you've done it. That song has to be a thing in the GFFA, if only for the purposes of this story.

Lea-El likes this.
  5. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    In the outtakes for the Empire Strikes Back Mark stopped in the middle of a scene and pointed to his ear bud and said. "I'm getting the Stones on here."

So the reference goes back to the early filming of Yoda on Dagobah.

6. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    just found this

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks, Lea-El .

Excellent fic.

8. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
  9. achanes

achanes Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    Heehee. I read that in his voice which made it so much better.
    Thank you for the kind welcome. Your fanfiction story is very good!

Pensivia and Lea-El like this.
  10. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    It's after midnight somewhere.
    so I have to say it.

May the forth be with you!

Pensivia and Frank T. like this.
  11. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    achanes Welcome to the club. Jokes? Yea! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pensivia likes this.
  12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Happy 15th anniversary to AOTC.

Pensivia and Lea-El like this.
  13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Yoda badassery is awesome.

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    :yoda:

Hi there, Yoda fans.

I just can't get over Yoda's cute, pointy ears.

[face_laugh]

I wonder how well he could hear with them.

:)

Pensivia likes this.
  15. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I have Yoda Itus.

[face_laugh]

Pensivia and Dandelo like this.
  17. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Oh Frank T. You were so adorable as a kid. Love your picture. Those are good ears for musicians.

Pensivia likes this.
  18. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I was nowhere near that cute.

Pensivia likes this.
  19. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I bet you were.

Pensivia likes this.
  20. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    You'd lose that bet.

21. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Jei said she demands visual evidence.

Pensivia likes this.
  22. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    There is no evidence. Camera lenses could not withstand my un-cuteness.

23. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    poor Frank :p

is that how you ended up on Dagobah? :p were you exiled?

24. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    It wasn't a bad thing. It was very freeing. It meant no one was watching me so I could get away with everything.

Pensivia and Dandelo like this.
  25. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    come on, not you
    the cuteness not not being able to get away with anything.

You get away with everything

Pensivia likes this.