main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Order of Gray: Chapter 4: Deity

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Anika Skywalker, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    The New Order of Gray: Chapter 4: Deity

The fourth chapter of the New Order of Gray.

~Protagonists
    Atrus Aiden
    Jason Starfire
    Atana Dalee
    Trey H'rad Aswen
    Jenéa Tykan
    Jesse Dorin
    Pry'ch Bra-Orl
    Osiris Simen
    Sieka Ti-Gar

~Antagonists
    Currently no new ones

~Authors
    Neon Star
    Jaded Skywalker
    Jedi_KnightMariah
    Jedi Obi-Wan
    Anika Skywalker

~~~~~~

The New Order of Gray: Chapter 1: The Beginning - http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=809343

The New Order of Gray: Chapter 2: Teenage Jedi Masters?! - http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=964673

The New Order of Gray: Chapter 3: Family Troubles - http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1157672

The New Order of Gray: Looking into the Past - http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1261866

Profiles - http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=776204

New Order of Gray Website - http://www.geocities.com/swgrayorder/

~~~~~~

Synopsis~

After a very brief resting period, the Gray Order was sent on a minor mission, one they hoped wouldn't risk their lives. They were sent as ambassador to a small but very advanced planet named Alexzanderia in hopes of getting them to join the Republic Senate. Ambassadors. That was all the people knew about them. They had never seen or heard of Jedi, much less their power. But an accidental revelation of their powers makes the people believe they are gods. Them rejecting the offer to rule the planet makes the priests curious. Teaming up with some scientists, the priests develope a parasite that contains the memories, characteristics, and traits of their gods. Thus, the host will also take orders from the priests. It will attach itself to the brainstem and take over the body, making the host believe that they are a god.

When half the Gray Order becomes infected during a feast, things start to take a turn for the worse.

----------
    "Join the Republic?" the nobleman asked.

"Those quabbling fools?" another asked.

"I think not!"

"We're giving you time to think about it," Atrus Aidan said.

"This is a very good offer," Atana Dalee added.

"Ambassador Aidan, what is garrenteed with this allience?" the nobleman asked.

"Lots of things. Trade, protection by the Jedi..."

"Jedi? What are these Jedi?"

"Surely everyone's heard of Jedi," Pry'ch Bra-Orl put in.

"Enough of this! Another meeting will be held in the morning." And with that the noblemen of the Alexzanderia Council left the confrence room.

"What'd I say?" Pry'ch asked disgustedly.

"I don't think this is working," Jesse Dorin mused, leaning back in his chair and putting his feet on the table.

A servant walked in and lead them to the rooms that they would be staying in. Jenéa Tykan, overflowed with boredom, began to take a small self-tour of the small palace. The larger palace was where the king stayed. She hadn't gotten far from her room when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to face Jesse, whom she was secretly engaged to.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked.

"I don't," she said, taking his arm. "I just want to get this thing overwith and go home."

"Same here," Jesse said.

"I wish they would let us into the courtyard. This planet has very pretty scenary."

They walked slowly through the dimly lighted halls, admiring the huge tapestries that hung on the walls. They soon came to a room that was filled with various statues of people.

"They must be past rulers," Jenéa said. The statue that caught her eye was one of a woman who had long red hair and golden eyes, dressed in copper colored silk robes. "Look at this one, Jes," she said.

"Almost looks like you," he said.

"I wish we could read what is on this nameplate," Jenéa said, staring at the text that was in a language she couldn't understand.

"Wait... I studied that language a long time ago," Jesse said, looking at it also.

"Can you tell what it says?"

"Most of it." He began to translate for her. "'The Goddess Fisys.'"

"Goddess? These people are polytheistic?"

"That's what

2. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    So, what do ya think? :) :) :)

I'm changing my picture of Jenéa to this one that I drew when I was bored: http://www.geocities.com/swgrayorder/pix/jenea.jpg
    I based her Jedi garb on the outfit that Sia-Lan Wezz (SW-RPG) is wearing (see pic in my profile). I think I did pretty good, anatomically speaking. You have to see this one, Mariah; it's ten times better than the other one. :) Hmm... I actually drew her the way I imagined her! Coolness!

Gotta go peoples! There had better be alot of posts when I come back!

~Ånika §kywalker

3. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    I like this- Here is a short one.

~~~~~

Atana fell down onto her soft bed. Her mind was jumbled and she was frusturated. She hated being dimplomats. It took too much to try to sway people who couldn't be swayed. It was like forcing a banth into a small hole. Almost impossible.

Trey, her husband now walked into the room cheerfully.

"Why are you so happy," Atana spoke while sitting up.

"I don't know. Maybe because I am looking at my wife right now. Oor maybe because I get a weird feeling from this place."

4. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Pry'ch and Osiris walked down the hall, hand in hand.

"Hey! Look!" Osiris pulled her down the hall and pointed to a statue.

The statue was of a girl with long hair pulled back and a tiara around her hairline, with a long tritent(sp) in her hand. It wore, what looked like, a long dress with long arm bands. It had Pry'ch's face.

"Whoa! What's it say?" she asked.

"Hmm. I think it says.....'Goddess Lalandra. Goddess and keeper of the Sea. Lover of the God Aristol, God of Destruction.' Look. There's his statue."

Pry'ch studied it carefully. "It's you, Owey!"

Osiris looked over. "What?" He came over to her. "No way!"

"What does it say?"

" 'God Aristol. God of Destruction. Lover of Goddess Lalandra. Destroier of Atlantis and Carpathia.' Weird."

"You can say that again," Pry'ch said.

He smiled. "Weird."

She punched him playfully. "I'm a bad influince on you."

"That's why I like you," he returned.

She locked eyes with him. They didn't say anything for a few moments. They moved closer together until their faces were only inches apart.

"Really?" Pry'ch whispered as Osiris moved even closer.

"Really," Osiris managed to whispered before locking his lips with hers.

They stood like that for two minutes before slowly moving apart.

Osiris smiled warmly while Pry'ch kept her eyes closed. She slowly opened them and locked eyes again. Neither said anything.

"Osiris?"

"Yes?" He pulled her into another kiss.

She opened her eyes again when he let go. "I love you," she said without realizing it.

"And I love you," he replied.

Pry'ch eyes went wide. "I never thought you would say that again."

"Say....You heard." He sat down on a bench. "You heard and I lied."

"You didn't mean to!" Pry'ch sat down next to him. "You just couldn't say it!"

"You must hate me," he said.

"Aren't you listening?" Pry'ch asked in shock. "I just said that I loved you! I still do! Nothing will change that!"

5. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    I was in a hurry before so I can comment now. Good posts, guys! YAY! Atana and Trey are married! But we still need to do a wedding thread after this!

6. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Yeah, a massive Order of the Gray wedding thread would be cool!

~~~~~~

"What is this," Atana asked touching a picture that was hung on their hotel room wall.

"It has something on it," Trey said coming from behind and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Jhala, goddess of the forest. Goddess of wisdom and heart Wife of Yiman."

"Interesting, I thought you were the only person I knew with white hair," Trey said commenting on the goddesses long snowy hair.

"It is just a made up god, Trey," she said laughing.

"And here," Trey said pointing to another picture on the opposite wall.

They moved to that picture. This was interseting. It was swirled eith many colors that drew their eyes from place to place.

"Yiman, god of emotions. His colored robes dipicit his moods. Husband of Jhala."

"I think this guy is in a lovey mood. He is wearing all pinks and reds," Atana giggled.

"Not exactly my colors," Trey added, laughing as he looked down to his black pants and dark green top.

"But I am in love," Trey added playfully.

"I must agree with you Master Aswen," Atana spoke softly.

Their lips came to a brief but passionate kiss.

"I think we have enough of all this god and goddesses stuff. Lets take a walk my husband." Atana took his hand and led him to the door.

"Fresh air would be nice, my wife."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about all the lovey dovey stuff but this is shortly after the proposal so they can be a little giddy.

Expect a lot of that during this chapter till they get married. If thats okay....

7. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    UP! Post, guys!

8. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    I don't have enough time to post. I'll post later.

Did you see my drawing, Mariah? C:)

~Ånika §kywalker

9. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Looking great guys. I have to admit I got pulled into this only recently due to the new Order of Storms thread. man, what have I missed. I like the idea of the Order of the Gray, it sounds awesome.

Yeah, keep posting!

10. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Hey, there!

Yes, I saw your picy! It's great!

11. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    ----------
    "Now... strike!"

Athena swung her lightsaber at Jenéa's. The two clashed together.

"No, no," Jenéa said. "You're never going to get anywhere just banging lightsabers together. Aim for the attacker, not their lightsaber. But at the same time, keep them from hitting you."

Athena tried again. She used a series of skilled well-timed fakes as she attacked.

"Yow!" Jenéa jumped out of the way to avoid Athena's lightsaber.

"Good job," Jenéa commented, stretching. "Let's call it a night." She looked around the darkening courtyard for any other signs of human life. The people had never seen or heard of Jedi. Seeing these ambassadors with these odd weapons and odd powers would probably scare them to death.

Athena ran off, motioning for Saber to follow. Jenéa watched them go. She walked along a path in the courtyard, admiring the gardens. She soon came to a large pond. She sat down on the back, watching the fish swim about in the mirky depths. She then saw a reflection in the water. She turned around.

"Hi, Jesse," she said softly.

"Hey, kid," he responded. "What are you doing out here so late at night?"

"I'm just taking a walk. Care to join me?"

"Why not?"

They walked side by side around the pond for a little while. Jesse then got off the path and began to walk on the stone border around the pond, holding his arms out for balance.

Jenéa laughed. "Jes, you're such a show-off! I like you for who you are, so you don't have to prove it to me."

"It it evil to be cocky?"

"Maybe you should ask those gods."

Jesse rolled his eyes. Suddenly, Jenéa pushed him into the pond. Water showered everywhere. Shocked, he stood up and looked at her. Jenéa was laughing loudly. He grinned mischeviously and splashed her. She gasped and looked at her now soiled dress.

"Why you-" she said and stepped to the edge of the pond. "Come over here so I can get you!"

"No way. I'm going for a swim," he answered, turning around. He dove under the water.

Jenéa stood there and rolled her eyes, waiting. He didn't come up. She became worried. She got on her hands and knees and stared into the water. Suddenly Jesse launched out of the water in front of her and pulled her in.

She struggled and stood up, shocked, and soaked. Jesse was laughing, keeping his distance. She walked towards him, but her dress was so filled with water she fell over.

"You can swim, can you, Jenéa?" Jesse asked, backstroking farther away from her.

"Of course I can!" Jenéa said. "But not in this dress."

"Then take it off."

"Over my dead body!"

Jesse laughed. "I'm just kidding!"

Jenéa tried to take off as many of the various layers of vests and sashes of the heavy dress. She soon had enough off so that she could go after Jesse. He laughed and lurched away, then dived under the water and hid in the reeds hear the edge of the pond.

It soon became a game of hide and seek, each seeing whose seeking Force powers were more dominant. Jenéa always tried to dunk Jesse when she found him.

She soon found him off-guard. She swam silently behind him, then got ready to put her hands on his shoulders and push him under. But he sensed her and turned around and caught her when she jumped. Then they were still, staring into each other's eyes. Their embrace was warm though the waters were cold. Soon Jesse pressed his lips against Jenéa's.

//I love you, Jenéa.//

//I love you, too. Wait! Jesse, a bond!//

//It's about time! Can any of your friends read bonds?//

//Well... Kesa can without shielding. Saber can also.//

//Oh, well.//

//We should really get out of the water.//

Jesse released her and she climbed out of the pond. He did also. Jenéa looked down at her dress, which was so wet it was gray instead of white.

Jenéa grinned at Jesse. "Let's get to our rooms before anybody see's us."
    ----------

~Ånika §kywalker

12. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Great post, Anika!

Would you guys mind if I brought in another character? Now that Lee is gone, I'm missing writing for two characters.

13. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    I don't mind. *sigh* Who else misses Matrix?

14. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    I miss him some. It was fun reading about him. I'm going to go ahead and post this, and if anyone has any probs with the new character, ignore this post.

BTW, Anika, I was over looking at the grey order web site, particularly your picture of Jenea. I can't believe you draw that well! I have trouble making stick figures.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sie was walking down the hall, looking at the statues of some gods when her comlink buzzed. She activated it.

"Hello."

"Hi Sie! This is Blaine."

"Blaine! How are you?"

"Fine, Sie. Guess what?"

"What?"

"No, come on, guess!"

"Blaine!"

"All right. I'm joining the grey order."

"What?"

"Yeah. I'll be arriving there later today."

Sie grinned. "I'll look forward to seeing you."

"You too Sie. Bye!"

He clicked off his comlink. Sie deactivated hers and grinned. She saw Pry'ch and Osiris walking down the hall. Pry'ch looked at her.

"Whats up?"

"The Grey Order is getting a new member."

"Really? Who?"

"His name is Blaine Deriss. He's a friend of mine."

Osiris smiled. "When does he get here?"

"Tonight."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pic: http://www.geocities.com/jedipadawansie/index.html
    Name: Blaine Deriss
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Height: 6'1
    Build: Tall, muscular, and swift
    Hair Color: Sandy blonde
    Eye Color: Brown
    Rank in Jedi Order: Jedi Padawan, Master is deceased
    Weapons: Lightsaber, Electro Jabber
    Lightsaber Color: Blue
    Gray Side Power (if any): Has extremly strong mind powers
    Best Defense: Lightsaber, and is good with an electro jabber
    Personality: Outgoing, caring, gentle
    Bio: His Master was killed on a mission when Blaine was fifteen, and he has never had another one. He has been around the Temple since that incident, until joining the grey order.

15. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Great posts. Looking forward to what happens next. Yes, I agree, Matrix will be missed.

I can't wait for the characters to start thinking that they are gods! LOL. BTW can anyone join up in the middle of a fic like this, or are the authors set in stone, and only they can bring in new characters?

16. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    I wouldn't mind at all if we got a few new authors. We need some more diverse characters.

When are we going to start having them think they are gods//goddesses?

17. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Sieka, Pry'ch, and Osiris waited while the shuttle bearing the new member landed. As the hatch opened, Blaine Deriss ran down and and gathered Sieka in a hug.

"Blaine!" Sieka exclaimed, "I'm so glad you finally made it. I nearly drove myself crazy today waiting for you."

"Well, then I'm glad I didn't disappoint you," Blaine replied.

Osiris looked in the shuttles hatch as a new movement caught his eye. "Whose your friend?" Osiris observed.

All eyes turned to the figure in the shuttle's hatch. It was a young man with light brown hair and steel grey eyes. His hair was gathered back in a ponytail and sported a trim goatee on his chin.

Blaine slapped a hand to his head, "Stang, I'm sorry guys. I was so carried away when I called you guys, I completely forgot to let you know about my friend who was coming along with me. I want you all to meet my friend, Aileron."

Aileron stepped forward and took Osiris' hand, "Hi, Aileron Raederth. I was hoping I could join your order along with Blaine."

Osiris got a mischievious grin on his face, "Well...I dunno..."

Pry'ch burst out laughing, "Osiris! How can you be so cruel?" Turning to Aileron, she said, "Osiris is only joking. Of course you may join the Order of the Gray."

"Thank you," replied Aileron earnestly, "I can't wait to get started."

How's that for an intro?

Here's Aileron's bio:

Name: Aileron Raederth
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Eriadu
    Height: 5'10"
    Build: muscled, but still wiry
    Hair: light-brown
    Eyes: Grey
    Weapons: lightsaber
    Lightsaber color: deep blue
    Gray side power: Invisibility
    Bio: A good friend of Blaine Deriss, Aileron comes from the pastoral world of Eriadu. While he has limited training as a Jedi padawan, his training was never completed. He hopes by joining the Order of the Gray, he can complete his training and become a full Jedi.

BTW, thanks for letting me in on this. =)

18. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    Hey all! Great posts everyone! I have no school tomorrow, and Thursday, and Friday... so I'll post alot, if my siblings aren't on the compy all the time.

Jedi Obi-Wan, thanks for commenting on my drawing. I've never had any lessons before (I just started art class this year). I might have talent for drawing, but I lack talent in alot of other things... take choosing speech topics for example. :p

Jedi_KnightMariah, I miss Matrix, too. We can make him come to the rescue sometime in this chapter.

Rokangus, welcome! Have you read all the chapters? Just wondering.

OK, here's the plot in a nutshell...
    ?The Gray Order goes into the city (or something to that effect). Something happens that makes them show their Jedi powers, and the people think they are gods because of it.
    ?The king hears this and offers the Gray Order to rule the planet. The Gray Order refuses.
    ?The priests are the only liaisons between the gods and the people (eg - they pray to the gods, think they talk to them and then tell the people what they say). They figure that if they can get the Order to think they are gods, they may be able to control them. The priests would be in control and the gods would have the people do anything the priests wanted.
    ?The priests find some scientists and have them develope a parasite that attaches itself to the brainstem and will feed its memories into the host's brain. In other words, it controls them. (Think Stargate here, if anybody watches that show)
    ?They put the parasite into some food and have a banquet that only the Gray Order attends. The Order eats the food, and about half of them get the parasite (or all if you wish). It slowly starts to take control of them.
    ?It's free-for-all from there.
    ...a very BIG nutshell. OK, I think I lost you all.

~Ånika §kywalker

19. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Yippie! New guy! Hey, guys. *snicker* Who else thinks Neon is grounded?

20. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    OK, website update~
    Some things in the menus changed.
    Rokangus added.
    The two other profiles added.

~Ånika §kywalker

21. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    ----------
    Jenéa walked swiftly through the dark corridor, hoping everybody was asleep. Jesse had gone off to his room down the hall. She had put her hand the knob of the door to her room when she heard a gasp. She turned around and saw Athena. Saber was behind her, pacing.

"Force, Jennie, you're soaked! What on Alexzanderia happened?" Athena asked.

"I went for a swim," Jenéa said, nonchalantly.

"In your dress?"

"OK, I was pulled into the pond in the courtyard."

"By what? The fish?" Athena said, laughing.

"What are YOU doing here? You're supposed to be asleep!" Jennie scolded.

"Who are you, my mother?" Athena scoffed.

"I'm your sister, and your Master, and since Mom isn't here, you have to listen to me."

"Fine, fine. Saber and I got kinda lost. We got distracted looking at some statues."

"Oh, THOSE?"

"What?"

"Nevermind."

Jennie opened the door and was about to go in when she heard her name. She turned around and saw Pry'ch, Osiris, and Sie, and two other people behind them. "Jen!" Pry'ch called again. "The Council sent us some new members. This is Blaine Deriss and Aileron Raederth."

Jennie was about to bow when she noticed how terrible she looked. She was in a thin silk dress that was filled with water and was clinging to her thin, shapely form. In one arm she was carrying her lightsaber and the other layers of the dress. Her red hair was wet and was falling out of its braids. She casually pulled some reeds and grass out of her hair.

"What happened to you?" Pry'ch asked.

"She got pulled into a pond by some giant fish!" Athena laughed.

"It's a long story," Jennie said, glaring at Athena.

Jesse soon came up behind them. He had gotten cleaned up and in some dry clothes, and he didn't look as if he had just been swimming in a pond. He winked at Jenéa and went to greet the new members.

Jenéa slipped into her room. It was small and crude, but it would have to do. Sarrapheme was in her fox form sleeping on the bed. Saber had come in the room with Jennie and soon drifted off to sleep by the side of the bed. Jenéa took off her dress and hung it on the balcony. She went into the refresher and took a quick shower to wash all the pond water off her body.

"Another meeting tomorrow," she said aloud to herself as she looked in the mirror, braiding her fiery red hair. She then slipped into the bed and after a long time of thinking, fell asleep.
    ----------

~Ånika §kywalker

22. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Sie led Blaine and Aileron to their rooms. She grinned. "Okay, you guys get settled. They Gray Order is going out tonight."

Blaine looked at her. "Why?"

Sie grinned. "To celebrate our new members."

Blaine grinned.

Aileron nodded. "Blaine's talked alot about you, Sieka."

"Call me Sie, and good stuff I hope."

"Most of it."

Sie shot Blaine a look and he laughed. Sie smiled. "I'll see you too later!" She left the room to let them get settled.

23. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    I was going over the old chapters before. I realized I first put "Solomen" for Osiris' last name before I changed it to Simen. Maybe Matrix can come in later.
    How about a camrio? :)

Pry'ch noticed her commlink beeping. "Bra-Orl."

"Simen," came a cheeky responce.

"Daemon? As in, Daemon Simen?" Pry'ch asked with a smirk. "Or one I've never heard of?"

"It's Dae."

"Well, 'Dae', how are you and what do you want?"

"I love your attituid, you know that?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Sorry, been in a small room for hours trying to get some stupid idiots--"

"Pry'ch!" came a stern reply from Artus' room.

"Sorry, Master! 'Officiels'," Pry'ch said as she made quotion(sp) marks in the air, "who don't want to join the Republic. Can you believe they had never heard of Jedi?!"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor misguided creatures," Daemon said in mock sadness.

"I hate it when you do that."

"Do what?"

"Act so cute," Pry'ch replied.

Osiris stuck a head in her room with a raised eyebrow.

"-But everythings fine here."

"Good. How's Osiris?"

"Why do you ask me?" Pry'ch asked quickly.

"Because I'm talking to you," he answered slowly.

"Well, um, I guess he's fine. How's Matrix?" she asked, changing the subject.

Daemon had taken Matrix back to his home on his ship so Matrix wouldn't have to pay, and in retrun, Daemon was staying over a couple of days.

"Wanna talk to him?"

"Sure!"

The voice coming from her 'link changed. "Hello?"

"Matrix!"

"Hey, Pry'ch! 'Sup?"

"Nothing much," she replied. "And you?"

"Fine. How's ol' bore?"

"He's in the room," she said through her teeth.

"Ah. Put 'em on!"

Osiris began to shake his head rapidly and wave his hands in the air.

"Um, maybe later. Talk later? I have to go into another boring meeting."

"Sure. Wish I was there."

"I wish you were here to!" she whined as Osiris rolled his eyes.

'He has her wrapped around his little finger,' Osiris thought.

24. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    LOL, I love that kid! :)

I'll not post for a while and give somebody else a chance to post. I'd probably kill all the time everybody wanted to use.

~Ånika §kywalker

25. Anika Skywalker

May 15, 2000
    I wonder where Neon is... she's either grounded or on vacation for Thanksgiving, if she lives in the USA, which I think she does.

Somebody post! UP!

~Ånika §kywalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.