main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The new Protagonist, could she/he be Jedi, Sith, Gray?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Aug 15, 2013.

?

New Protagonist Jedi, Sith, Gray?

1. Jedi

55.6%
  2. Gray

16.7%
  3. Sith

13.9%
  4. None of the above.

13.9%
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Could the new protagonist, be a gray Jedi, Neither Jedi, or Sith? What do you think, or want it to be?

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If I were writing the story, I'd make Luke's son the protagonist hero (better yet, I'd make it so Luke's son and Han and Leia's daughter share in a dual-protagonist role, but I don't know that something like this would even be considered by those in charge of production). That said, while I certainly wouldn't go Sith or dark side with him, I'm unsure whether I'd write him as a Jedi, 'Grey' or none of the above.

I think I'm unsure because the possibilities seem so open at this point, and where the Jedi play into the galaxy-at-large is really an unknown right now. What does being a Jedi even mean following Palpatine's rule? What type of threat will our heroes even face? Who can say?

That's what is so fun about the ST right now.

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    "Gray" is an EU invention so I doubt they'd use that.

kainee likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    While I bet the hero will be a Jedi, I would like it if they have that character do some questionable acts just to give that character some depth so he/she isn't a "Pure good" character. Characters who are pure good and do nothing bad are very dull. Heck it would be VERY interesting to see the new hero start off as a sith or rogue-like character but then turn to the good side while maintaining some bits of gray morality. IDK...I just am tired of Mary/Gary stu characters.

5. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I can't see him/her being anything other than a Jedi. And that's how I want it.

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I feel like we've learned nothing from Star Wars sometimes.

FRAGWAGON and kainee like this.
  7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Gray? You mean like the alien?

FRAGWAGON, kainee and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I went for "None of the above," as it is obvious he/she/it should be a member of a mariachi band.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the protagonist is going to be a giant lizard man.

kainee, Joe Antonetti and eht13 like this.
  10. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    It'd be cool if it was a kid who had abandoned the jedi way altogether. Has some skills but quit the order. Sounds like a Solo kid. :)

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A good Sith would be interesting.

Cynicalx and Dra--- like this.
  12. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    No... it isn't. Grey is just a state of morality somewhere more neutral than Light and Dark. It is conceivable for their to be force users independent of an order with their own set of morals. There is established canon based around morally grey characters... e.g The Lost Twenty.
    IMO, we need to see more neutral/borderline friend foe characters in the sequels, e.g Mandalorians, to spice up the storyline abit more and prevent a repetitive strain of Jedi vs Sith. Let the Sith stay dead.

Ryus and HWK-290 like this.
  13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't see how leaving the Jedi makes someone not light.

14. HegoDamask

Jul 18, 2013
    Their views where often constrained against the jedi, dwelling in some dark, but keeping the original jedi morals. Think Dooku right after he left the order, before he became sith.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Grey Jedi is a nonsense invention. The dark side is not to be trifled with. Once you use it, it swallows you up. Therefore, the whole idea of someone using it for a long time without falling is nonsense.

FRAGWAGON and Master Blaster like this.
  16. HegoDamask

Jul 18, 2013
    Darth Revan....

Dra--- likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Have to disagree. Because we haven't seen it heavily explored yet, doesn't mean it's impossible. It is a very interesting idea that should be expanded upon sometime in the future of the franchise.
    It would present very interesting moral dilemmas for the character, besides the utterly black and white options like "He's the traitor! No, he's the traitor! You must choose!"
    The grey area of the Force is something that I not only consider not to be nonsense, but I think it's probably one of the most interesting avenues to explore.

Ryus, HWK-290, Dra--- and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Woah. Slow down on the binary thinking there Pevra. Coming up with a middle space Jedi organization is easy to do. Remember, only Sith think in absolutes.

Then again, you are a Sith.

Edit: In my longer plot synopsis, I come up with a gray Jedi concept that I think makes good sense. An Imperial Guardian order that follows law and order rather their own selfish concerns. This isn't that different from the PT Jedi, who upheld the laws for the Republic, although not all those laws may have been just.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_rofl] We thought Sidious was bad? Wait until we see Pevra!

Cynicalx, HegoDamask and Dra--- like this.
  20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    If gray is someone who is not really in line with the Jedi philosophy, yet not bad, then this was already addressed with Qui-Gon.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    ^Or even Luke.

It may be interesting to see fundamentalist Jedi, who are literal and very rigid in their interpretations of Force theology. Jedi whose world views are strictly black and white with no room for interpretation or figurative beliefs. Jedi who deal in absolutes and are intolerant to other views.

In some ways the Old Jedi Order fell into this kind of doctrinaire, rigid belief system. Thinking Dooku could never be a murderer and was simply a political idealist. And of course the rule on attachment, etc,...

kainee, LunarMoth and Dra--- like this.
  22. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  23. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013

Of course, you are a Sith so you think everything that is Sith is interesting.

darklordoftech, Darkskar95 and Dra--- like this.
  24. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    A Sith protagonist? Maybe in a spinoff film.

25. Cynicalx

Cynicalx Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013

Well, the people who made ''The Force Unleased'' did a good Sith apperentice.