main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The New Republic Faction Thread (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsper7

nsper7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    BOTH CHARACTERS APPROVED BY AdmiralNick22

Name: Kevin Feldman

Species: Human

Homeworld: Corellia

Affiliation: New Republic

Personality
    ---Traits: loyal, kind, relatively good-natured, a tad boisterous and eccentric (although what do you expect out of a man who lives his life in Spec Ops?),
    ---Likes: New Republic and her allies, busting criminals and seeing the looks on their faces, good food, good spirits (alcohol), piloting his personal fighter, good moral decency (althoug by no means an obsessive moralist)
    ---Dislikes: enemies of the New Republic, immoral kinds of people, punk criminals who think (because they have made a lot of money through their illicit means) they are above or smarter than him, loose women, pirates and other galactic scum
    ---Habits: Drinking (NEVER TO EXCESS), smoking (occasionally, esp. when undercover/infiltrating), gambling on his own abilities

Appearance
    ---Height: 6' 3"
    ---Weight: 210 lbs.
    ---Skin Color: White
    ---Hair Color: Light brown
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Clothing: Varies depending on situation.
    ---Other Attributes: In good shape, although he does not have the physique of a bodybuilder or muscleman.
    ---Other Details: Has very small scar above left eye from a childhood accident where he tripped and slammed his head into corner of a kitchen counter.

Weapons: Varies depending on situation.

The Force
    ---Sensitivity: Yes, but never trained nor discovered

[b]Name[/b]: Indak Fervse'lya
    [b]Species[/b]: Bothan
    [b]Homeplanet[/b]: Bothawui
    [b]Age[/b]: 37
    [b]Gender[/b]: Male
    [b]Appearance[/b]:
    http://swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=553&screen=0&action=search&keyword=bothan&date=&type=search
    [b]Affiliation[/b]: New Republic
    --[b]Rank[/b]: Senator Candidate from Bothawui
    [b]Force Sensitive[/b]: Yes, but untrained and undiscovered

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Drev?starn, Bothawui, Bothan Space

With Bothawui returned to her former splendor, the people of the world were once again ready to assert themselves in the politics of the galaxy. Since the death of the Borsk Fey?lya, the Bothan people had felt their position in the New Republic had diminished. The opportunity for them to catapult themselves back to the forefront suddenly and not so unexpectedly came to pass. When news surfaced of the current Bothan senators dealing with Imperial-aligned companies, the senator was forced to resign his position. This left the position open for the taking.

Two individuals rose to the forefront of the race for the Bothan seat in the New Republic Senate. One was the Speaker of the Combined Clans Council, Draeks Joran?ki. The long time Bothan politician was a aggressive and powerful individual who had many connections on Bothawui and its colony worlds of Kothlis and Moonus Mandel. His role in the rebuilding efforts of Bothawui made him a name many Bothan citizens recognized.

His competitor in the race was a Bothan by the name of Indak Fervse'lya. Unlike Draeks Joran?ki, who had spent his entire life in local Bothan politics, Fervse?lya had worked alongside his father and several other high ranking Bothans as advisors to the legislative branch of the New Republic government.

Each competitor for the senate seat would bring unique skills to the job. It remained to see who would be chosen by the Bothan people to represent them and their ambitions to the New Republic.

Indak Fervse?lya was at his campaign headquarters, sitting at his desk. The campaign season was about to begin.

nsper7, feel free to get started from here.

3. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    IC: Indak Fervse'lya

Indak sat straight and tall in his chair, habits from his military days died very hard, especially since he would try to convince the people of Bothawui, his fellow Bothans, that he was strong on military issue, which was the truth. Unlike many Bothan politicians, although Indak saw the importance in wheeling and dealing and was quite skillful at it (especially in his more formitive years), he also realized that there was a time to be serious and to cooperate.

Even today, strategizing at his campaign headquarters, he wore his Lieutenant Colonel's uniform. Although he had technically resigned his commission, under Bothan law he was still under reserve status and, thusly, allowed to wear the ceremonial uniform. Indak had never served in the front line, instead he had been a spook in Military Intelligence, even working with the SpyNet.

In front of Indak's desk, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his furry hands together, Indak's campaign advisor (and brother), Lerzk Fervse'lya, looked at his older brother with a somewhat admiring glance, "We must assume that Draeks will strike hard and fast. He has connections and the name recognition. If we let him get the offensive, you, my dear brother, will be through."

Indak's fur ripplied, partially because his brother was so abrupt, a decidedly un-Bothan trait, and because he spoke the truth. Draeks Joran'ki would be a tough nut to crack. Everyone already knew him.

"Lerzk, I have given much though already to my opponent's advantages. Therefore, we must concentrate on my strength: namely I have experience in the realm of New Republic while my opponent was busy trying to control his own species. Also, we should remind our citizens that I come from the same clan as the most esteemed Borsk Fey'lya. Finally, we must convince our people that only I have the military experience and skills necessary to help lead our culture into most troubled times: specifically the Vong invasion."

He paused, tapping his chin in mild contemplation, "Yes, that should do fine. Lerzk, my brother, I want advertising, I need promotion to the public. Concentrate on my military past, my experience on Mon Calamari and in the confusing realm of the Republic, and tell them that I, because of my experience and potential connection, can get things done in the Republic."

His hands moved almost spastically as he talked, elbows planted on the desk (decidedly un-military-like) and his thumb was cocked in his brother's direction, "I have faith you will not fail your own blood."

Indak stood up, relatively tall by Bothan standards, and walked around his desk precisely, like he was moving to a cadence, and he stood in front of his brother, "Speeches. I'll need to make speeches. I trust you or one of my other subordinates can arrange those. I think my first speech should be to a friendly crowd: see what you can setup with our military. They will understand a fellow officer. Then I can tour our newest Assault Carriers and hob-nob with both our military leadership and the Republic's, to help show our people that I have the important connections."

His hands clasped behind his back, he returned behind his desk, but didn't sit down, he had some random papers to sign, but he looked up at his brother, an almost wistful smile crossing Indak's face, "You are dismissed."

With that, Lerzk, loyal to a fault to blood, stood up and quickly exited his brother's office. Indak had no question in his mind that Lerzk and his people would do what needed to be done.

TAG: AdmiralNick22

4. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

The first major speech given by Indak Fervse?lya was arranged to take place on a orbital shipbuilding facility, one of several facilities operated by Bothawui Star Works, producer of the sleek and powerful Assault Cruiser. The Bothan people had never been know as a powerful shipbuilding race, but rather a race that was known for its intelligence gathering abilities. Still, this did not stop the world from trying to produce warships for service in the Republic?s fleets. It was a hard task, especially given the fact that worlds like Mon Calamari and Corellia dominated large portions of the shipbuilding market.

The setting for the first major speech was set up and prepared by Indak?s brother Lerzk. A large amphitheater style room that had an entire wall of transparisteel, it was designed to allow executives and prospective buyers view the construction in the yards. Using a contact he had, Lerzk managed to get a room that overlooked the brand new Assault Cruiser Krak?jya. The cruiser was one of the four recently constructed Assault Cruisers that were built for the defense of Bothawui. While technically owned by the New Republic, the government had granted the Bothan people the right to use the vessels for their personal defense. As a result, they were manned by all Bothan crews.

The sleek grayish-white vessel warship hung now like a sentinel behind the massive window. It would be the perfect backdrop for the upcoming speech. Already dozens of people and droids moved about the room preparing it for the speech. The audience would be a mix of Bothan business leaders, military personnel, and orbital dockworkers.

After a few more hours preparation, the room was ready. Slowly, the first of the estimated one thousand Bothans began to arrive and take their seats. Several major Bothan news outlets were setting up their holo-cameras to record and broadcast this first major speech. Lerzk opened his comm and punched in his brothers code.

?Brother, we are ready here. Feel free to come on out and begin whenever you are ready.?

5. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

?Brother, we are ready here. Feel free to come on out and begin whenever you are ready.?

Indak answered into his commlink, "I'm coming out now..."

He strode out from behind the side of the stage, looking at the audience and smilling, waving slightly. Instead of wearing a suit, he wore his military uniform, but not a ceremonial one. He wore a tan Bothan Army uniform, Lieutenant Colonel's insignia, with a DL-44 heavy blaster pistol in a hip holster. Indak knew very well how recognizable the DL-44 was in all parts of the galaxy and hoped that, just maybe, some people might associate him with the great Republic hero, Han Solo. Even though numerous Bothans had served in the Rebellion and, now, the Republic, because they tended towards intrigue and espionage, they were not as famous as other involved species who done much less for the war effort. Needless to say, Indak was a very proficient marksmen when necessary.

Indak stepped up to the podium, looking around the audience, smiling every once in awhile. The key was to make the audience at ease and receptive.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, fellow Bothans. In the past years, we have suffered many setbacks at the hands of our enemies, including the Galactic Empire. We were weak and defenseless, open to attack, and we suffered for our overconfidence."

He paused, letting those damning words sink in, then waved his arms behind him in a grand sweeping motion, to draw attention to the huge Assault Cruiser behind him, "Now, we have learned from our mistakes and will never allow ourselves to suffer again! These Assault Cruisers, the pride of our fast growing navy, will protect us and ensure our rightful place in the galaxy.

"I served in our military, helping to defend our great society and culture from all enemies, at home and abroad. The times are changing: no more can we be merely a political society, relying merely on our expert verbal skills. They will not win a war. We beat the Empire through strength, not through talk. The Death Stars were not destroyed because we willed it to happen through mere words, but because we fought, and through our many sacrifices, we overcame the odds against us and achieved victory, not just for ourselves, but for our posterity.

"Now, our galaxy faces a new threat, perhaps even greater than the one the Empire posed! The Yuuzhan Vong, extragalactic invaders, have no need for any so-called infidel and will seek to annihilate us all if we do not fight for our very lives, our existance. We cannot allow ourselves to be tied up by petty differences and apathy!

"My opponent, Draeks Joran'ki is a man of great honor, wisdom and political skill. In a time of true peace and prosperity, I, myself, would be voting for him and supporting with all my heart and will. Mr. Joran'ki has served the people of Bothawui for many years and is a man who can be trusted to do what is, in his esteemed opinion, best for the Bothan people."

He paused again, letting his adamant and heart-felt praise for his Joran'ki to sink in, "Unfortunately, military prowess is not one of my opponents skills and specialties. He has served his people in one of the highest civilian capacities as Speaker of the Combined Clans Council and has been instrumental, nay indispensable, in the efforts to rebuild our society and our infrastructure from the devastation we have suffered at the hands of the Galactic Empire, and I hope he remains in his position and continues to serve our people to his best abilities."

Indak paused again, laying his arms across the podium and leaning forward slightly, he was having a more informal talk with his thousand-strong audience, "Let me be perfectly frank and honest with you all. Right now, we need someone who can lead us to victory against the Yuuzhan Vong. We need someone who can coordinate our efforts within the New Republic. Mr. Joran'ki has innumerable connections within our government and soc

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

The following morning had the news grids full of pundits and political analysts discussing the speech given by Indak Fervse?lya. The speech had been broadcast to many of the main cities on Bothawui and around Bothan Space, which helped propel the name of Fervse?lya into the public eye.

?Overall, I feel that his speech was effective. He appealed to more militant sections of Bothan society at a time when we as a race feel very weak and vulnerable?, said a female Bothan co-host from a popular morning news program. ?I imagine that the executives of Bothawui Star Works liked having their warship so prominently featured on prime time.?

Other networks had different opinions. ?Did you see that ridiculous costume he wore?, said one respected Bothan professor of political science. ?Someone on his staff had better tell him that wearing a military uniform when running for an elected office makes him appear more like a prospective dictator that someone who we should trust to represent us in the New Republic Senate.?

Some news shows had heated debate amongst the invited guests. ?Do you really think a blowhard like that is fit for Senate duty? He is best left in some minor office, if that at all. After all the suffering we have endured at the hands of the Empire, why should we try to get more involved in galactic politics??

A young Bothan male who served in the New Republic navy disagreed. ?Blowhard! I think not. What Fervse?lya was trying to convey was that we as a race no longer need to fear. We are strong. Between the Third Fleet and out own Bothan defense force, we could easily fend off most invaders.?

Polls taken the following morning showed that the speech was met with mostly positive reviews, though it had little affect on either candidate. Draeks Joran?ki was seen the following morning at a small caf shop in a popular plaza in Drev?starn?s posh Gerrza District.

?Well, I think that Bothan?s need to be strong, though I don?t think that Republic connections are necessarily a positive thing to brag about. We all know that most mid-level Bothan officials serving in the New Republic government were just cronies of Borsk. While I too mourn for the loss of our dear departed Chief of State, I also think that it is time for a change. We need new blood representing us to the New Republic, full of bold new ideas.?

The political season was open. The coming weeks would be very interesting. If anything was certain, it was that the coming race would be close, as well as watched intently by the other systems in the New Republic.

Uber-Ed

Flarion Base, Kachirho, Kashyyyk, Mid Rim

Weeks passed again as the members of Knave Squadron continued to become a tightly knit unit. With the Trandoshan threat all but controlled, there had been little activity for the squadron. Most days were spent relaxing in the common rooms of Flarion Base, with weekend furloughs to other Wookiee cities common. Colonel Dreshk Kre?pek scheduled regular weekly simulator runs, designed to keep the squadron in top fighting shape.

Reports coming in from the front were not entirely encouraging. Kegan had briefly been won by the Vong, only to be put under a swift counterattack by Admiral Rancis and the Rapid Deployment Fleet. As a result, the world was contested. Dellalt had recently reported a large Yuuzhan Vong fleet bearing down on it as well, which evacuation efforts underway. A New Republic task force near Centares kept a eye on this situation, while the bulk of the expanded First Fleet remained in and around Mon Calamari. With the Vong pressing even closer to the capital planet, High Command had deemed that most of the fleet their would remain close by for its defense.

Lieutenant Kalnar Omana and his fellow pilots knew that their current assignment was plush by military standards. As comfortable as they were, it was hard to relax while other fighter units were fighting on the

7. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Bothawui, Bothan Space

Today would be a busy day for Indak. He and his brother watched almost every major viewpoint and commentary on his first speech to the Bothan community. They even recorded different holovids so they could watch two different shows at the same time and analyze the different commentary.

The first thing on the agenda, very early in the morning in fact, was breakfast with several top cadets at the Bothan Military Academy, where many years ago, a much younger Indak had attended.

With news holovid recorders around the room, Indak, who had gotten minimal sleep that night, but was hopped up on caf, sat at the head of a fairly short table, with several uniformed cadets on each side. Indak, instead of wearing the military uniform he had worn the night before, was decked out in his ceremonial dress uniform, complete with all chevrons and awards and ribbons.

Most of the discussion was informal, Indak congratulating each cadet for their superb performance and recounting several more interesting stories from Military Intelligence. He even asked for the cadets' opinions on the current state of affairs and what they each hoped to accomplish in the military.

[hr]

After breakfast and personally shaking each superior cadet's furry hand, Indak headed off to downtown Drev'starn for a man-on-the-street operation. While several of his campaign workers passed out pens and pamphlets, Indak mingled with the local population, meeting and greeting numerous average Bothan citizens.

His people had strung up several large banners in the area proclaiming Indak as "the people's candidate". Of course, news reporters were all over the place, covering Indak's public street campaign.

During the street sessions, Indak dressed casually, a comfortable shirt and vest, and slacks; however, he still wore the DL-44 in a hip holster.

[hr]

After several hours of this kind of campaigning (with his hand now sore and sweaty from all the shaking), he took lunch at a local working-class pub, where the blue-collar lunch crowd could be found. Indak, after buying a cheap Dresselian Beer, went around the crowd, sitting down at numerous tables for a couple minutes at a time, meeting and greeting even more people.

Finally, he sat down with a large group of factory workers, ordered lunch, and had a very informal conversation with the group, just getting to know them 'as friends'.

[hr]

After lunch, Indak boarded an open-air hovercar and rode all-around Drev'starn, waving and shouting "Hellos" to everyone. This time, instead of dressing casually, he wore the same military uniform he worn the night before. On the front and rear plates of the hovercar was the insignia of a lieutenant colonel on a red background.

Standing beside Indak was his brother, wearing a very expensive Coruscani business suit.

[hr]

After hours of this riding around, and being almost completely pooped, caf or no caf, Indak and his brother had a quiet dinner at the campaign headquarters. Hopefully, tonight and tomorrow's news would show the results of Indak's Drev'starn-wide campaigning.

Once dinner was throuhg, Indak looked at brother seriously, "Listen, I don't want it to come down to this, but put some feelers out; try to find anything questionable in my opponents. Like I said, I don't want to play dirty politics, but I must insurance."

He paused, "Also, we need to reach more people. I want our organizers set up the largest possible gathering we can get. A stadium would be get and I want it hyped up. There should be thousands having to sit outside the walls because the everything's already filled up."

His fur rippled in slight nervousness, he didn't want to lose, "And like I said yesterday, pump up the advertisement. Keep them clean, but hint at the fact that Joran'ki has no military experience whatsoever and, right now at least, the Bothans need a man of strength who can bring us to an era of peace, strength and prosperity. In fact, concentrate on the peace and the strenghth, I want

8. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Kalnar quickly cycled over to proton torpedos. He wiped sweat off of his eyelids and heard his R7 astromech droid, Spazzy, beeping, then turn into a constant beep indicating the lock on his target. Just one more left... Kalnar's thumb squeezed on the trigger releasing a blue streak into space. A few miliseconds later, a bright light lit up the cockpit. Then the lights in the cockpit dimmed and a message went across the screen, Mission Complete.

Kalnar took off his gloves and oddly shaped helmet and opened the canopy of the simulator cockpit. He saw Shale, Lenin, and the new Sullustian replacement pilot, Reth, who was now Lenin's wingmate, climb out of their cockpits. "Great run guys, but I'm not going to kid you," said Kalnar to Three Flight as he climbed out of the cockpit," if what we're hearing about the Vong is correct, then that was just kids play. We have to work harder to use new tactics as a flight and even with the rest of our squadron, so in the middle of a simulator, if you have an idea, don't be afraid to speak up. That's the time to develop and test new tactics for obvious reasons. Use you imagination. It is a great asset in battle if you use it correctly." Kalnar looked at his pilots, then gave them a smile. "But it was still an excelent run."

Kalnar looked over and saw Colonel Kre'pek listening in. "Sir, is there anything else you want us to do, or are we dismissed?"

Tag: Nick

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Drev'starn, Bothawui, Bothan Space
    After another day of campaigning, Indak Fervse'lya awoke to find the news grids full of pundits yet again, analyzing his efforts of the previous day. Once again the various outlets contained many references to the choice of dress chosen by Indak. Many people did not like the idea of seeing a potential senator wearing a military uniform and a sidearm.

?Who does he think he is?? asked a Bothan female political analyst. ?Perhaps he should not run for senate and join the Defense Force. Then he can try to get appointed to Admiral Arboga?s job.? The commentator made a reference to the Supreme Commander of the New Republic?s military. ?That way he can wear his shiny uniform.?

Support amongst Bothan?s who served in the New Republic Defense Force was low, though Bothan?s who served in the world?s small personal defense fleet showed a high level of support for Fervse?lya.

?I think that Fervse?lya is just the sort of politician we need right now?, said a young colonel who served in the Bothan starfighter corps. ?I wish we had more brave leaders like him who were not afraid to say how they really feel about issues.?

The individuals assigned by his brother Lerzk to look for dirt on Joran?ki was hard to find. A man who had been in politics for as long as Joran?ki was good enough to cover any possible illegal or immoral things he may of done. It would require a lot of digging to find something bad, if in fact anything actually existed.

10. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Bothawui, Bothan Space

As in the previous day, Indak and his brother watched all the holovid reruns of the news commentators. As he listened, Indak wanted to scream; those fools, didn't they understand Bothawui and the galaxy were at stake? Joran'ki couldn't be trusted with the safety of the Bothan people. He knew nothing of war and the military.

Indak's fur rippled in a supremely hostile manner and he glared at his brother across the desk, "We need to bury that maggot before its too late, before he sucks the life blood out of our culture and her defenses!"

Lerzk opened his mouth to speak, but Indak cut him off, "Listen, we need to cement our support from the military; once the military is ours, we win no matter what."

An almost cruel smile crossed his face and, for the first time since the campaign had started, Lerzk was truly nervous. It sounded as though his own brother was talking about some kind of coup if Joran'ki won the election.

Indak scrated his forehead, "Go talk to our more nationalistic generals. Show them the evidence of the Vong and the grave threat they pose to us, to the entire galaxy. They must understand; ask them what we can do? They must know that Joran'ki is a mere politician, not a warrior or a soldier."

He paused, "And dig up dirt on him yesterday! I know it's difficult, but find stuff we can use. No man is spotless! If necessary, we can twist the facts to reflect poorly on our oppponent, but we cannot, under any circumstances, lose!"

This was the most flustered Lerzk had ever seen his brother. With a wave of his hairy hand, Indak dismissed his brother to do his bidding. He had every confidence in him, that was why he was the campaign manager. At that thought, Indak smiled, a truly pleasant smile.

With Lerzk out of the room, Indak stood up and walked to one of the room's many floor-to-ceiling windows, looking out over the still damaged Drev'starn. Thos damn Imperials had struck Bothawui while she was weak; well it will never happen again, not on Indak Fervse'lya's watch at least. No matter what the cost, Bothawui, and the Bothan species as a whole, would be strong. The people didn't understand Indak's vision, but they would, very soon, they would. If necessary, they would be made to understand.

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Indak Fervse?lya had chosen his path to election and decided that victory must be his no matter the cost. His brother Lerzk was given the tremendous double task of digging up dirt on his brothers opponent, Draeks Joran?ki, as well as gaining the support of Bothawui?s top military figures.

The first task remained difficult. There was the occasional bit of info that seemed to imply that Joran?ki had a affair or two, but the sources of the information were shaky at best. One informant came forward claiming that we was the illegitimate son of Joran?ki, only to be refuted by a hastily conducted DNA test. It seemed that it would be a very difficult task to acquire damaging information on the venerable Bothan speaker of the assembly.

Lerzk was more successful in his second task- getting a meeting with Bothawui?s top military officers. The world possessed a minor defense force, with the bulk of its defense coming from the presence of the New Republic Third Fleet. Still, the flotilla of four Assault Cruisers and several corps of Bothan army troops were a source of pride to the more militant factions of the Bothan populace. This was especially true for those who longed for Bothawui to become a world whose power and prestige in the New Republic rivaled other long time members like Mon Calamari, Sullust, and Corellia.

General Norr Ruk?trem was the Bothan officer in command of the Bothan military. Born on the colony world of Kothlis, the stocky solider was famous for his somewhat ruthless defeat of insurgents on Moonus Mandel. A career soldier, Ruk?trem had long pushed the Combined Clans Council to fund the Bothan military. He was known to resent Bothan?s that joined the New Republic Defense Force instead of the Bothan military, saying that it was their duty to defend their homeworld first.

The general sent a message along with Lerzk informing Fervse?lya that he would grant the politician a brief meeting in his private office on board the Assault Cruiser Eshka, the general?s command ship. The general did not send any sign of having any great interest in what Fervse?lya had to say, but the fact that he was a prominent figure in the Bothan senate race ensured that he was granted a meeting.

12. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Assault Cruiser Eshka, Bothawui Orbit

Indak, again wearing his lieutenant colonel's uniform and DL-44, strode down one of the many corridors of the Assault Cruiser Eshka[, the pride and joy of the Bothan military. His brother, Lerzk, walked beside him, wearing a finely-tailored Coruscani suit.

As they neared their destination, the shipboard office of General Norr Ruk'trem, Indak looked at his brother, slightly displeased with his lack of progress on finding dirt on his opponemt, "Wait out here. Listen, if we can't find info on Joran'ki through normal means, we'll have to resort to desperate measures. I have connections from my old-days in MI."

Indak pulled out a smallish datapad and handed it to Lerzk, "They, in turn, can get involved with the SpyNet. If they can't dig up stuff on Joran'ki, then I give up."

If the Bothan SpyNet could steal the plans to the Death Star, then they could damn well find juicy information on a two-bit politician.

As he reached the door that would take him to the general's office, Indak looked back at his brother, "Setup a large gathering where I can give a good speech. I want as many Bothan military-types, both from our fleets and the New Republic's to attend. Also, it wouldn't hurt to invite members of our esteemed security forces as well. Goodbye brother."

Without another word, Indak stepped through, not looking back. His brother would do as he was told. Once inside the general's office, Indak saluted, waiting for it to be returned by a superior officer.

"General Ruk'trem, an honor to finally meet you in person. I know your time is very valuable so I'll straight down to business. We both want what is best for our military and our people, you know what needs to be done and I know how to do it. My honorable colleague, Mr. Joran'ki, with all due respect, does not, and will never, understand military affairs. He never served in uniform."

He paused, letting his rapid-fire statements sink in, "In order for me to be able to help our great military and return us to our proper place as a galactic power, I must have your support and that of your soldiers and officers. Don't you understand the opportunity we have?"

Indak waited patiently for the general to respond.

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Orbit, Assault Cruiser Eshka

General Norr Ruk?trem sat there silently, listening to the impassioned speech that Indak Fervse?lya was giving him. When the senatorial candidate finished, the Bothan general sat motionless, save for the ripples in his fur that signaled that something was not right.

?So, you think you have what it takes to lead the Bothan people in the New Republic Senate, eh?? said the general. ?Yet the only thing I see before me is a fool who still dresses up in costumes like a young Bothling.?

Ruk?trem continued. ?You are former military and a potential senator, so it is time you start acting as it. Wearing dress uniforms to campaign speeches and wearing a blaster makes you look foolish, which I imagine is just the opposite of what you thought it did. Leave the uniform for those of us who still serve in Bothawui?s defense.?

The general leaned back in his chair, lighting a cigarra.

Uber-Ed

Lt. Omana looked over and saw Colonel Kre'pek listening in. "Sir, is there anything else you want us to do, or are we dismissed?"

The colonel shook his head. ?No, you are all dismissed for today. Excellent sim scores by the way. Your flights kill ratio was higher again. If you guys continue to perform like this, you are bound to be the best flight in the entire squadron.?

The Bothan colonel raised an eyebrow. ?Maybe one day soon we can sim against the pilots from Halo Squadron. I hear that those X-Wing jocks are getting a bit jealous that our scores are getting close to rivaling theirs.? Kre?pek flashed a feral grin. ?Regardless, I have not scheduled another simulator exercise for twenty-four hours. Until then get some bunk time and relax.?

With that said, the colonel exited the simulator room and headed to his office.

14. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Indak listened to the general, wanting to throttle him where he sat, but his cooler head prevailed. Perhaps this pompous impotent fool was right. He had heard much about General Ruk'trem, some (behind his back of course) thought he was as inept a general as Bothawui had ever seen, but he was a general, which meant Indak needed him.

"All right, general, perhaps you are correct. I will stop wearing a military uniform everywhere I go, but I must convey to the people that I am strong, that I can lead us into a new era of prosperity and galactic prestige."

He paused, "Tell me, do you really think Joran'ki would make a good senator? He doesn't understand the military, he never will, he can't. He is a spineless man; when Borsk Fey'lya was around, Joran'ki was but a bantha to be goaded and commanded."

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

General Norr Ruk?trem remained motionless, save for the occasional movement of his arm to tap the ashes off the end of his cigarra. He listened as Indak Fervse?lya continued his efforts to bring him into his camp.

When the senatorial candidate stopped speaking, the general took another long drag off his cigarra before putting it out in a stone ashtray on his desk.

?Young man, a uniform does not convey strength. Neither does a large military or powerful weapon. Strength comes from a persons words and ability to inspire. Just look back at the history of the Rebellion. Where we strong then? Did we have mighty fleets and vast armies? No. All we had was out belief in a cause that was just.?

Ruk?trem paused for a moment. ?As for Speaker Joran?ki, my opinion of him is irrelevant. For that matter, so is my personal opinion of you. The only thing that concerns me is protecting Bothawui.?

Another pause, followed by a sly look. ?Tell me, what do you honestly think you can offer a man in my position? It has been said that our people are self-serving. Whether or not that is true as a whole, that tends to be the case of those in power.? The general smiled. ?What can some ambitious young politician like you offer me that would cause me to openly support you??

16. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Indak listened quietly and intently to General Ruk'trem, nodding his head obsequiously at the proper times. When the general was finished, the senatorial candidate sighed, "What can I offer you?"

He clasped his furry hands together, "Interesting question. I hope I can offer you a lot."

Indak paused, leaning forward, "A larger fleet and more funds. Better weaponry, more respect from the New Republic military and from our own citizens. Of course, personally, I am sure my increased power and prestige could also suit you, perhaps a nice penthouse condominium on Coruscant so you can better coordinate with the New Republic or a larger, and thus more ornate, command center and personal dwelling to better your ability to command our loyal and glorious troops."

An almost smug smile crossed Indak's face, his fur rippling pleasantly, "Of course, this is all for the betterment of the Bothan people. I would not want the though to even cross your mind that I am bribing you, trying to taint your command. Nothing of the sort: I merely want you to have the respect and glory your rightfully deserves and to be able to oversee and coordinate our military efforts better."

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

The general could not prevent himself from laughing. It started as a chuckle, and them grew into a deep, booming laugh. Not caring that Indak Fervse'lya was probably offended, Norr Ruktrem finally stopped after a minute that must of felt like an eternity.

"And where will this funding come from? The only reason we could even afford to build these Assault Cruisers was because they were half funded by the New Republic government. Bothawui had a private defense fleet of eight Assault Cruisers before the attack by Emperor Iaius I several years ago. Now we have four and we don't even own them entirely ourselves."

The general continued. "And what purpose would the commander of the Bothan military have with a home on Mon Calamari? I don't see any vacation time in the near future, even with the major rebuilding all but completed. My place is here at Bothawui."

The general had obviously heard enough. He pressed a button on his desk, signaling an aide. A Bothan female entered moments later.

"Please escort him back to his shuttle. We are done here."

Looking back at Indak, the general said, "Have a pleasant trip back down to the surface. And best of luck in your coming campaign." There was no mistaking the sarcasm in his voice."

The Bothan female placed a furred hand on Indak's shoulder. "Follow me. Your shuttle is warmed and ready for launch."

18. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Indak stood up, smiling smugly, General Ruk'trem would soon be out of a job. No one crossed Indak Ferse'lya like this, NO ONE!

"A pity, my friend, that we could not come to amenable terms..."

He glared at the female Bothan, "I can find the shuttle myself. Your assistance is not needed."

Then, smiling again, but baring his teeth, he glanced Ruk'trem, but instead of firing off a snide comeback to his sarcasm, Indak merely bowed his head slightly and spoke with faux sincerity, "Thank you for your support General. And best of luck rebuilding our military forces."

With that, Indak walked out of the office and down the corridor, motioning for his brother to follow him as they headed towards the shuttle, totally silent.

[i]Aboard Indak's shuttle[/i]

Indak and his brother sat down in the shuttle and Lerzk had never seen Indak so angry.

He wanted to scream and curse General Ruk'trem's name, but instead he looked at Lerzk, "That little punk doesn't understand who he's dealing with. While he sits up there playing soldier-man, he doesn't give a damn that [i]I[/i]," Indak pointed both thumbs at his chest, "...[i]I[/i] can rebuild our military, our planet, EVERYTHING!"

He paused, "Have our people dig up as much dirt as possible on Ruk'trem; I'm going to nail him...oh,yeah..I'm going to get him! And get SpyNet working on that piss, Joran'ki! You got it?!"

Even though he was furious, he trusted that his sycophant brother would obey orders.

[b]TAG: AdmiralNick22[/b]

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Private shuttle, skies above Bothawui

After exiting the hangar bay of the Assault Cruiser Eshka, Lerzk set a course back planetward to the small landing bay that served as the shuttle's home port. After a few moments of silence, the Bothan spoke up.

"Brother, are you sure that going after General Ruk'trem is wise? He has many powerful allies, including the support of the military. If we were to make him our enemy, it may prove to be a fatal move."

Lerzk swallowed the lump forming in his throat. "Brother, this campaign is not off to a good start. If you don't do something soon, we may find ourselves in the unemployment line in downtown Drev'starn."

20. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Private shuttle, skies above Bothawui

Indak glared at his brother, but knew he was right in the end, although he couldn't help making a comment, "If Ruk'trem wants to mess with me, I'll deal with him!"

He patted the DL-44 that was currently in its hip-holster and then sighed, leaning back.

"Well, brother, what do you recommend I do then? You think you have all the answers? HUH! I'll bury Joran'ki, that piss, that insignificant piss! I'LL BURY HIM! AND YOU FIND THAT DIRT TO DIG UP!"

He paused, his fur rippling and sweat conglomerating all across his body, "What can we do then?"

21. Uber-Ed

Uber-Ed Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005

Kalnar gave a deserved smile to his pilots. "Good work guys, and the Commander himself said it, but don't let it blow up your already inflated egos. Hotheads die first. You guys go get something to drink."

Kalnar walked out headed for the recreational area where they had an indoor pool. Yes, he did want something to drink, but he thought the pool would relax him even more. Kalnar heard footsteps behind him. He turned his head and saw Lenin coming up behind him. "You know, I'm not heading to get a drink."

"No your headed to the pool for the fifth time this week. Something wrong?"

"No, no. It's just the Vong are so close to my home. Things just aren't looking great. And what if they decide to come here. We're not that far from Kegan. If they defeat teh RDF, then the only defense here is us and a few other squadrons, and none of the squadrons here are prepared to face the Vong. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to make it. If you," Kalnar's big eyes penatrated into Lenin's heart,"are going to make it. I know, it sounds cheesy, but I don't want to lose any of our squadmates. Especially you. So yes, I am going swimming to calm myself and yes, something is wrong."

Lenin walked up and put her arms around Kalnar. Waiting for action was hard, especially when your cause's life hangs by a thread of luck. Kalnar and Lenin walked down to the pool together and swam most of the night. Lenin helpd calm his nerves and later they both went there seprate ways to sleep.

Tag: Nick

22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Lerzk shrugged. ?I am not sure brother.? He hesitated for a moment, unsure if what he was about to say would anger his brother. ?To be frank, the general had a point. You are acting more like a prospective emperor than a senator. Marching up and down Drev?starn in full dress uniform with a blaster at your side sends the wrong image.?

Lerzk suddenly got a little more courage and continued. ?You are making promises you have no way of keeping and your ambition for high office is clouding your judgement. It is you, not I that is running for office. I am your brother and I will help you, but what course you choose to take is yours to decide, not mine.?

Uber-Ed

The next morning the members of Knave Squadron awoke to find that they had an important meeting scheduled at 1400 hours local time. Furthermore, the briefing was also for the pilots of Halo Squadron as well. The X-Wing and E-Wing jocks were instructed to be on time to the meeting. Both Colonel Kre?pek and Halo Leader Major Artanis had been summoned to a high level meeting with General Ayk Urgaht, the commanding officer of Flarion Base. The Gran male was a old time fighter pilot from the early days of the Alliance. A former Y-Wing pilot, the general now spent his time behind a desk planning missions. If the leaders of the bases two elite squadrons were in a meeting with him, the odds were that something big was going to happen.

23. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Indak looked at his brother, "General Ruk'trem is a fool and you can be use once I win this damned election, he is going to find himself out of a job! We want people to know I can be a strong leader: that I can lead us into a new era!"

He paused, not wanting to hyperventilate on his own passion and anger, "And you're right, I am running for office, not you, so don't question my orders again, you understand me?"

Indak leaned back in his seat, pulling out his DL-44 and fidgeting with it, "Don't worry about Joran'ki, I'll deal with him if necessary. Nothing will prevent the Bothan from attaining their deserved glory. You just get on the horn to our SpyNet connections and dig up that dirt on my opponent. If stuff looks only circumstantial, we can modify information, can't we?"

As he sat there, still messing with the blaster pistol, an idea crossed his mind, "Brother, contact our military, acquire permission for me to test-fly one of our fighters, maybe an X-Wing. It'll look great for publicity, let that loser Joran'ki try to handle military equipment..."

Soon, the shuttle landed and Indak and his brother debarked, not speaking a word to each other; Indak knew Lerzk would do what he was supposed to.

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    nsper7

Lerzk, ever the submissive one, obeyed his brother Indak?s request. His first task was to get a fighter from the Bothan Starfighter Corps for his brother to fly in a sort of publicity stunt. Using every contact he had, he found that it would be next to impossible to acquire a fighter. Many in the Bothan military had supported him, though this support had cooled down considerably after the meeting with General Norr Ruk?trem. It was obvious that the general had convinced many of those under him that supporting a candidate like Indak Fervse?lya would be folly.

The following day saw Draeks Joran?ki give an impassioned speech at a convention center in downtown Drev?starn. Thousands attended, with the vast majority coming from the Bothan middle class and some from the military. Clips of the speech were played on every major Bothan news channel, with commentators analyzing them.

?Bothawui is new and better than ever, thanks to the determination of our people and the generous support from our fellow members in the New Republic.? The crowd clapped as the former Speaker of the Combined Clans Council offered the camera his best smile. ?I am a firm believer in the democratic process, and I know that if elected I can continue to make decisions that benefit both the Bothan people and the New Republic.?

Another clip, this time on a popular Bothan HoloNet entertainment channel.

?My opponent would like you to think that I am weak on military issues. This is simply not the case. Yet, unlike Mr. Fervse?lya, I do not feel the need to parade around with a sidearm in full military regalia. I choose to leave that honor to the brave Bothan men and women who serve in our military and in the New Republic Defense Force.?

That evening Lerzk finally returned to his brother?s office. The man was obviously exhausted, but he could not show weakness in front of his brother.

?Indak, the fighter idea is a no go. It seems that after our meeting with Ruk?trem that our support in the military is flagging.? Lerzk paused for a moment. ?As for dirt on Joran?ki, I spent a hour in a meeting with our contacts over at the SpyNet. They had nothing that could damage him politically.?

Lerzk looked nervous. ?The only thing we did find was possible connection between Joran?ki and a prominent businessman from Balmorra. It may be possible that he has dealt with people connected to selling the Empire military equipment.?

?My SpyNet contact knows a way to get a meeting with his informant on this. He arranged a meeting for us tomorrow in a old warehouse in the Industrial District.?

Lerzk?s fur rippled in a gesture of nervousness. ?But I caution you brother. This is not a sure thing. It may be nothing more than a false contact or a set up.?

25. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004

Indak had listened the speech by Joran'ki, the man was a threat to be dealt with. The news from his brother only made him angrier. How dare Ruk'trem get in his way! He'll suffer too when this is all over.

"Dear brother, regarding the fighter idea, get in contact with the New Republic military. From what I know, Ruk'trem has disdain for the Republic's military and this'll one-up him!"

He paused, "Also, tell our SpyNet contacts to dig up dirt on Ruk'trem and his family. I'm going to nail this guy and if he wants to come after me, LET HIM!"

Indak leaned back in his chair, thinking about the meeting in the warehouse, "Don't worry brother, if its a trap I'll be the only one walking out alive."

He would wear his DL-44, but in a shoulder holster, so it wouldn't be so visible. Of course, that wouldn't be enough, he'd also wear a nice pair of glasses; it is amazing how far technology has come. Imbedded in the lenses of this special pair of glasses would be infrared-sensitive materials, allowing Indak to detect anybody trying to hide in the warehouse. And just to be safe, he'd wear a hold-out blaster at his ankle.

"Brother, tell our contact I will be at the meeting..."

Indak didn't wait for Lerzk to respond before standing up, nodding his head towards his brother and exiting the office; he'd need a good night sleep for tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.