main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The New Republic Faction Thread (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Hyperspace; leaving Mon Calamari

IC as Boc Nerranor:

" Well it's just you and I, Isaar." Boc said, letting the hyperspace autopilot take over. " Lets talk about ourselves. I'm from Corellia-what planet are you from?"

TAG: RockDragon

OOC: Can helmet comm transmission be sent through hyperspace to accompanying fighters? :confused: I hope so.

2. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002

IC as Isaar Vendesta:

Corellia, I haven't been there in years! I'm from lots of places. Never lived in one place for very long. The last planet I lived on was Dathomir. Have you ever been there?

TAGG: C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

3. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Hyperspace; Leaving Mon Calamari

IC as Boc Nerranor:

" Nope, never been to Dathomir. I was born on Corellia and raised there for six years until coming to a planet just near the Rendezvous Point of the Galaxy to avoid the war raging between the Imperials and the Rebellion," Boc said, "Then when the war was over, I was old enough to join the New Republic, and intelligence is my key strength so I enlisted in the NRI."

4. RockDragon

May 2, 2002

IC as Isaar Vendesta:

Interesting. Glad you came back, or else we probably would have never met. You see, I was born here in this part of the Galaxy, but I left at a young age to the Unknown Regions. That is where I spent much of my life, although I have come back periodically to this part of the Galaxy, such as when I lived on Dathomir. When I finally decided to settle down more, I came here and joined the NRI.

5. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Hyperspace; Leaving Mon Calamari

" Well Big Fish will be leaving Mon Calamari within the next fifteen minutes." Boc announced, " We'll be passing a minefield in about an hour as well."
    " I sure we hope get a promotion for this mission." Boc chuckled.

6. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Here's my bio's for my characters. They are a little long, but I did cut them down. Believe me, I did.

Name: Leiutenant Jo-Ni Shawa
    Age: 20 I don't remember how old she was in BoP, so I'm guessing here.
    Species: Human
    Force Sensitivity: no
    Division: New Republic Navy: Starfighter Command
    Bio:

Jo-Ni Shawa was raised with the pirate group, the Shadow Phantoms, as the daughter of their leader, Jazier Shawa. After years of piracy and sabotaging the pirate's targets, she decided that there had to be more out there for her than piracy, and she escaped to the Rebel Alliance, joining the X-wing fighter squadron, Blade Squadron. After some training, she was promoted to the rank of Leiutenant and was put in charge of Flight Three in Blade Squadron.

After a while, she recieved a message from her pirate friend, Co-Lysard, and took personal leave to help him escape the pirates. While trying to return to the squadron afterwards, she learned some information that told her she was not truely the daughter of a pirate, but that her parents owned a cargo ship that had been attacked by the pirate group. She could not act on that information at that time, but contacted her Aunt, Ebony Blackstar, and they decided they had to get together to talk of her past. After a large battle in which the New Republic cooperated with the Galactic Empire, Jo-Ni went to Chandrilla to see Ebony Blackstar, reluctantly accompanied by Co-Lysard and A-Kaz Karri, both of them men in her flight that had love for her. She talked long with Aunt Ebony, learning things she never thought possible, discovering that she was the last person in the galaxy she expected to be.

Name: Co-Lysard
    Species: human
    Division: New Republic Navy: Starfighter Command
    Bio:

Co-Lysard was a member of the Shadow Phantom pirate gang, and a good friend of Jo-Ni Shawa. After she successfully escaped the pirate gang, Jazier Shawa had come down hard on him, suspecting that he knew where she had gone. He managed to contact her, and working together, they managed to get to Blade Squadron.

In a twist of fate, he ended out taking over the position of Blade 10, and enjoyed flying with Jo-Ni as her wingmate. Durring the battle with the aliens in the unknown regions, he was was hit and rescued by the Pacifier. After he was reunited with Jo-Ni on the ship, he realised that another man, A-Kaz Karri, Blade 12, was in love with her, and he got jealous, as he loved her as well.

When she announced she would go to Chandrilla, Co-Lysard insisted that he go too, and realising that it would not be good to make an enemy of someone in his flight, he invited A-Kaz to come along as well. Returning from Chandrilla, Co had plenty of time to think some things over, as Jo-Ni would not talk to either him or A-Kaz. Now back with the Blades, he hoped she would open up and share some of the things she had learned while talking with Madame Blackstar.

7. Ani_dala

Ani_dala Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 18, 2003
    Name: Ciel Luna
    Force Sensitivity: yes
    Division: New Republic Intelligence
    Weight: 150
    Height: 5'2"
    Hair Color: Light brown with red and golden highlits
    Eye color: grren and brown

8. RockDragon

May 2, 2002

IC as Isaar Vendesta:

"Well, everything has run smooth so far. Let's hope that we keep her safe and things keep up like they are now!" Even though his voice showed excitement, deep inside he was nervous about being on this mission. A new agent on the job for the very first time handling something so important. Better not screw this up! He thought to himself.
    Because this time I'm accountable for more than just me. . .

9. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Hyperspace; Nearing First Mine Field

IC as Boc Nerranor:

Boc progammed the Headhunter computer to alert him when they reached the first mine field or if anything arised. He settled back into his seat, laying it down to get some rest. Hopefully, Isaar was doing the same thing. Rest was important.

Boc thought about the Empire....and wondered if they would betray the peace they had with the New Republic. It certaintly seemed like something they would do. But maybe the new Emperor was much wiser than Emperor Palpatine. Boc felt a sting of anger thinking about Palpatine-the man who had tumbled the galaxy so far into war...that it might never return to peace.

10. RockDragon

May 2, 2002

IC as Isaar Vendesta:

Isaar coul feel a twinge of anger come from Boc, and it made him wonder what this man would be like if he hadn't been
    away from the fighting for much of his life.
    Isaar then realized that an hour was just about up, and they could be encountering
    mines any moment now. The adrenaline continued to rush, and all he could do was wait.

11. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Hyperspace; Nearing First Mine Field

IC as Boc Nerranor:

The computer informed Boc that Big Fish had just departed and jumped into hyperspace.
    " Isaar, just thought I'd tell you that Big Fish is in hyperspace now. We better stop quickly at the mine field and make sure all the mines are out of the way." Boc said.
    It was only a few minutes until they would arrive to the mine field....

12. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002

I'm glad to see all the new recuits for the New Republic, and to see the swelling of our Inteligence Division. Just want to make you all aware that you are allowed more than one character, if you think you can keep up with regularly posting for them.

RockDragon, C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

The pair of Z-95 headhunters came out of hyperspace in the middle of deep space. it was unremakable but for the fact that this area of space was where multiple hyperspace routes met.

The probe sat between the entry and Exit points for the Big Fish, and the mines were up an active upon the hyperspac entry points that the Big Fish would not be using.

All appeared quiet, and no obvios threats showed themselves. Considering that they were still within New Republic space the only likely threats would be from pirates, and pirates weren't known for going after such large game.

Their next stop was along the edge of an asteroid feild, on the border of New Republic Space. The next stop was unmined, as traffic was semi-regular though that area of space.

13. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Ah, at last. Now, let's get down to business.

Name: Alora Sarn
    Force Sensitivity: No
    Division: New Republic Senate

I've already worked out something in the way of a bio and starting location with LSA, but I'll wait and see if it's wanted straight away or whatnot.

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Just something while I'm hangin' around ;)

IC:

Hyperspace, en route to Chaldane

Kynyard duCharvais leaned his head back against the bulkhead of the Action XI transport and stared up at the ceiling, the low hum of the ship's engines soothing him. Mission number twenty-six. He had kept counting when other agents had long since lost track. They were the measure of his life.

He ran a hand through his white-dyed hair and considered his personal equipment. A coil of shigawire; vibroblade; blank datapad; paracompass; a small box of firecanisters; a disassembled camera foolproof in water, sand, or hard vacuum; and the modified BlasTech DL-19, a cut-down version of the DL-44 with a smaller butt and a lot less kick, nestled at the small of his back. There was also the flickburst transmitter in one pocket, perhaps the most valuable item of the lot; he'd use it once he had his final report, and if NRI procedure held true, it'd send a tightbeam transmission to a waiting probe droid stooging around in-system on full stealth mode.

Once the job was done.

Kynyard stretched his legs out again, waiting for the hyperspace journey to end and his arrival on Chaldane

TAG: LSA (If you need to; I'm happy to keep posting in-transit updates 'til I hit Thyferra in about two days' realtime)

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Biography for Flight Officer William Shard.

Name: William Shard.
    Homeworld: Agamar.
    Force Sensitivity: yes
    Division: New Republic StarFighter Corps.
    Weight: 98kg.
    Height: 5'11"
    Hair Color: sandy brown.
    Eye color: Striking Blue.

Biography and exploits:

After joining Blade Squadron as a recruit, William Shard saw action early, surviving his first few foray's without damage to his fighter, but also without any real success in the battle field.

Brought under the tutelage of his Commander, Ace Caine as a wingmate, William learned to trust in his own skill and developed an uncanny intuition in his fighter.

During the joint Imperial/Alliance venture against the Khauss Homeworld, Blade Squadron really came into their own. Despite some losses in the epic conflict, the squadron amassed a kill ratio as great as some of the major squadrons of the galaxy; Wraiths, Rogues, 181st and so on.

Will himself managed to surpass Ace in this battle, scoring 7 kills, and downing two more hostiles on the surface after a miraculous crash-landing on the Khass homeworld to survive damage from the fierce dogfights.

After being rescued by his commander and returning to the victorious fleet, Will committed himself to a more positive and dedicated service to both his squadron and the Alliance; his family back on Agamar foremost on his mind, and his future now perhaps more then a pipe dream.

However, it would prove to be that uncanny intuition that Will had developed that would be the most telling hallmark of his future....

OOC: Ready when you are Blades. :) Time for some action. [face_mischief]

Oh, and whilst I'm here, a request for a new character. [face_grin]

[b]Biography for Delsk Brey'la.[/b]

Name: Delsk Brey'la.
    Species: Bothan
    Homeworld: Kothlis.
    Force Sensitivity: no.
    Division: New Republic Senate.
    Weight: 123kg.
    Height: 6'3"
    Hair Color: White/Golden down with silver streaks from the back of the head rippling down the spine to the small of the midriff.
    Eye color: golden flecked blue.

kthx. :)

16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Alrighty....here i am, Your New Republic Army GM. if your in the ground forces, talk to me.

So far, the least amount of people are in the New Republic Army, perhaps some of you should join the army. You WILL get to blow things up.

17. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Name: Quinnith(Quinn) Jagad
    Species: Bothan
    Homeworld: Bothawui
    Division: New Republic StarFighter Corps
    Weight: 150lbs
    Height: 5'08
    Hair Color: Dark Brown
    Eye color: Grey

Bio And Exploits:

Quinn entered the NR Navy with the intention of someday joining Rouge Squadron. The dream has passed however, as he realized that Blade Squadron was his real calling. In the first few skirmishes, he showed both skill and determination, but it was in the great battle over the Khass homeworld that both he and Blade Squadron shined. He amassed 5 kills, two shy of Will Shard, the youngest member of the flight. After a much-needed vacation, Quinn has begun his training again, going through simulations at least 3 times a day.

ooc: Blade 4, standing by

18. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: I guess I'll start some Blades action going...sort of. At least until something gets going for us.

IC: Jo-Ni sat at a table, turning a small device over in her hands. The drink before her was untouched, as big things were on her mind. The device was a message from her mother...her real mother. When she first viewed it, the message had taken her by suprise, and she had a big decision to make, based on the information her mother tells her in the message.

Co enters and sees her alone at her table. He goes over to her.

"Ready to talk about it yet?" he askes her. "Did Ebony Blackstar tell you about your past?"

Jo-Ni looked over to him with a slight smile.

"She told me all about my past, Co. You would not believe some of the things she told me." she looked down at the device again. "I'm having a hard time believing it myself, I don't know how to tell anyone yet."

"Well, you'd better snap out of this before the Commander decides you're unfit for duty." Co advises her. "Until you're ready to talk about it, concentrate on the squad. Thinking about my work helped me through the first time I killed an innocent being. It works."

tag - Blades

19. Kazkid8

Kazkid8 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    OOC: WERE R WE?!

IC: A-kaz

A-kaz was sitting in the cafe with most of the pilots in his squadron. Everyone was having a good time... laughing and enjoying a rare time off. He looked to the far left corner of the cafe to see Jo-Ni and Co talking things over. A-kaz didn't know quite what it was, Jo had been quite dramatized ever since their trip to candrilla(SP?)

A-kaz didn't want to bug her... expecially when Co was around, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. A-kaz laughed and turned to a man who was talking.

He was a mechanic for the squadron,KARJA KAPIT . He was a goofy guy, about 5' 5" and had brown hair, very short.

" No... I'm tellin ya! Everything was shot... X-wings off the line are horrible... Don't let the nice paintjob fool ya... hahaha..." Karja continued on happily.

A-kaz just couldn't get the recent death of a pilot out of his mind. He was a great pilot. His name was Jas Morrie...

it's too bad... a-kaz thought... i would have liked to get to know him better

The Commander, Ace, said a new pilot should be due anytime. A-kaz just wondered who he is and what he was like... but for now... a-kaz just wanted to enjoy his "break"....

TAG: LSA or any blades

OOC: enter(you know who, LSA...)

20. RockDragon

May 2, 2002
    Minefield

IC as Isaar Vendesta:

Boc and Isaar finally reached the minefield. They surveyed it and found that is was safe. "That was easy enough! Glad we didn't run into any trouble, where are we off to next?"

21. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Minefield

IC as Boc Nerranor:

Hearing his co-agent's question, Boc shifted his attention from the minefield outside his cockpit to the hyperspace route screen. The next place to visit was an asteroid field.
    " Next up is an asteroid field, Isaar. Suppose we gotta make sure there's no stray asteroids going around." Boc guessed logically.
    With that, the Headhunter jumped into hyperspace...

22. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Cafe

Jo-Ni looked over and saw A-Kaz and other pilots laughing and talking.

"You know, Co, you're right. I need to move on with life until I can make sence of my past." Jo-Ni said.

She stood and headed toward the other pilots.

"That's my girl." Co said, following her over.

"Mind if we join you?" Jo-Ni asked A-Kaz and the others when they got to the table. She was still rather quiet compared to how she usually is, but it was obvious that she wanted to get back to herself.

23. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I'll join the Army just so you can give orders to somebody Thok. :D

Name: Warramakka
    Species: Wookiee
    Force Sensitivity: No
    Division: New Republic Army

24. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    JansonsYellowAcesa- You do realize you made me have something to do in here ;). Anyways, ill have a test for you in a moment. Enjoy!

25. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    I've redone my character and am waiting on an assignment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.