main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The New Republic Wont Operate from Coruscant - How about Yavin or Naboo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Jan 24, 2013.

1. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Even if it is not going to be Coruscant, I believe it will be one of the Core Worlds...Corellia? Maybe.
    Only one problem - if not even the new government moves inside those buildings, what will become of them? Will they remain deserted? Will they be demolished?
    I am curious to know where did the Emperor live on Coruscant? Did he keep his old apartment from his Supreme Chancellor days?

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I definitely agree with you that this thread is more legitimate than those ones but I disagree with your comparison. Berlin is still the capital of Germany even after the Nazi regime.

3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

I agree with most of your points but the Jedi Temple is standing after the Emperor's death as seen in the ROTJ celebration on Coruscant. Now whether they continue to use it in the same capacity as in the PT is a valid point of question. If it's used, it will be quite empty but it would tie the PT and ST together.

I am one who enjoys Coruscant so much that I would never prefer to see less of it, but I do hope to see some new worlds and revisit some from both the PT and OT.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, since JJ Abrams is directing I'm very much expecting it to take place on Vulcan. And then a time traveling Romulan will promptly appear out of nowhere and make it explode.

5. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Well nothing says "Star Wars" like a planet blowing up...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually to make the release deadline they're gonna buy the rights to JJ Abrams' Star Trek, slap an opening crawl on it, and overdub some names like "Kirk" with "Luke" or "Bones" with "Han" or "Spock" with "Leia". Cheap!

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  7. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    No...keep it on Coruscant.

8. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Naboo sounds good!

9. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

That's an interesting point. I lived and worked in Berlin for three years back in the early 00s. In the UK and elsewhere we often associate Berlin with the Nazi past - i.e. images of torchlight parades of soldiers passing through the Brandenburg Gate, the burning of books, the Nazi Olympics of 1936 etc. However, Berlin has a long tradition of being a very liberal city. This predates the Nazi era.

With regard to Coruscant, just because Palpatine ruled from the planet, it doesn't make the populace evil, corrupt etc. I mean, they might be a nasty bunch of people but, if so, the two aren't connected. Palpatine didn't choose Coruscant as his throneworld. He went to Coruscant because it was the seat of galactic power. Personally, I think Coruscant should be the base for the new government, although I grant you several new capital cities - in our world - have been built from scratch. Examples include Brasilia, Washington, D.C., Abuja. Still, if you imagine moving the capital to another planet, you can be sure it'd be a bloody expensive price to pay for what would, at best, be a merely symbolic gesture.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.