main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests The New RPF Awards - Winter 2017 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth_wanderguard, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Welcome ladies and gentleman, roleplayers and GMs, mods and users alike, to the New RPF Awards - Winter 2017 Edition!

I am your host, Darth_wanderguard, and I am glad to introduce the second installment of these reworked awards, held twice yearly in February and August, and lasting approximately four weeks.

How do the awards work?

The awards are a two-step process. The first step is a public ballot nomination period which will last for two weeks. After the nomination period is done, the three candidates with the most nominations for each award will be presented as nominees. In the case of a tie to determine one or more spots, candidates who are tied are considered semi-finalists. Each candidate is counted as to how many awards for which they are either a finalist or semi-finalist. The candidates with the least are favored for tie-breaking purposes. Failing that, I as host retain a tie breaking vote since I do not nominate or vote under normal circumstances.

A two-week secret voting period will then commence in which your votes will be cast via PM to the awards host. After the polls have closed, the winners will be announced and prizes awarded.

What are the prizes?

The winners of the Best Roleplayer and Best GM awards will receive colors for one month! The game which wins the Best RPG Award will have the option of ***Voted Best RPG Winter 2017*** being edited into its thread title.

What are the awards?

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer

Best GM

Best RPG

Best Original Character

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer

Most Promising New Roleplayer

Most Sadistic GM

Most Helpful GM

Most Frightening Character

Most Humorous Character

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character

Most Unpredictable Original Character

So how do I vote?

It's simple! Just post your list of nominations in-thread, and wait for the successful nominees to be announced. Then, PM your votes to the host and be sure to check back in for the ceremony once the voting period is over.

Who is eligible?

Players must be currently active in the RPF to receive nominations. A game must be currently active *when the awards begin* to be eligible for Best RPG. You cannot nominate yourself. You can vote for yourself.

Individuals may not win Best Roleplayer or Best GM consecutively. The same game may not win Best RPG consecutively, and the same character may not win Best Original Character consecutively.

As of this edition, Moonspun Dragon is currently ineligible for Best Roleplayer, Darth_wanderguard is currently ineligible for Best GM, and Darth Manticore is ineligible for Best Original Character.

If you have nominated incorrectly you will be given notice and an opportunity to change your selections. You may only change selections which were invalid - the rest of your nomination ballot is locked in.

Get nominating and have fun, everyone!

2. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: Hansolo29 (One of the best for a long, long time. Deserves the recognition. I so wish this was like the old awards, when there were two people who won this, but there's only so many people out there now sadly.)

Best GM: Darth_elu (Did you see his opening post in bound by honor? And everything he's done since has been masterful.)

Best RPG: Bound by Honor (Possibly one of the most unique settings I've seen, and the background work put into it is astounding)

Best Original Character: Soliloquy by Mitth_Fisto in NST I and II (From a guy known for his original characters, I think this may be the absolute most original character I've ever seen on the boards.)

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: Kahn_Iceay (Mini-novels man... mini-novels)

Most Promising New Roleplayer: Theometric (If he sticks around I could see him being one of the best in very short order)

Most Sadistic GM: Sinrebirth (Maybe this is partially from the past, but I see shades of what was in what is)

Most Helpful GM: Darth_Elu (Kinda hard to imagine a more helpful one)

Most Frightening Character: Typhojem by Sinrebirth in NST (C'mon, how many reality warping gods show up exactly?) if GM character's aren't allowed, then Darth Ravenous by WookieeRage (Not exactly many sentient eating characters out there)

Most Humorous Character: Lorekeeper by Mikaboshi in NST I and II (Not really sure who else I even really could put for this. Not much in the way of humorous out there ATM, that I'm involved with)

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: Han Solo by HanSolo29 in What's old is new again (As always, she hits Han completely on the head. There's a reason she's often tapped for that particular role)

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Darth Anark by Snokers in NST I and II (Anarchy's part of his name and he's not on his crazy pills... so... yea.)

3. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    *delightedly claps hands* Oh, goody! I love it when it's awards time!

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: HanSolo29 (Though I would also like to give a shoutout to QueenSabe7, unless nominating two people is allowed!)

Best GM: Sinrebirth

Best RPG: New Sith Trials: Rise of the Hand

Best Original Character: Mitth_Fisto for Soliloquy!

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: Not surprisingly, A Blind Prophet

Most Promising New Roleplayer: theometric

Most Sadistic GM: Lady Belligerent :p

Most Helpful GM: Darth_wanderguard

Most Frightening Character: WookieeRage's Darth Ravenous

Most Humorous Character: Snokers' Darth Anark!

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: N/A, I don't get out much...

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Anark, again. ;)

4. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Here are my votes. Sorry if I didn't vote for you.

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer - Good god, this is hard. All of the people I've played with are great in their own right. Uhhh... corinthia.

Best GM - Unfortunatly, I don't really get out much, and am still confined into one specific game. Guess I should change that, sorry. But, out of the two I can nominate, I'll go with Sinrebirth. Always keeps me on my toes. But, all three are great, though. This trio and their twists, I tell you. :p

Best RPG - I've only played in one saga, so my nomination has to go to The New Sith Trials II: Rise of the Hand (a title that sounds like it should be the subtitle for Daredevil season 3 :p). All of the subplots are interesting to read, and it's nice to see just how each character banters off one another. And I like the concept of giving the players more free reign to do what they want to.

Best Original Character - Darth Haretisch in NST I and II, especially I. The twist near the end really took me by surprise and, best of all, it didn't feel forced or contrived for the sole purpose of trying to shock the audience. Now if only I could do the same thing...

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer - A Blind Prophet for NST I and II. I didn't think it was possible to outdo Manticore. I was wrong. :p

Most Promising New Roleplayer - theometric in NST II. Sure as hell is doing much better than I did. He might have a promising career ahead of him.

Most Sadistic GM - Sinrebirth. Please stop violently murdering everyone with your God-Demons. :(

Most Helpful GM - They're all helpful. But since this is an award ceremony, I choose Darth_wanderguard. I think it might just because he was the one who guided me through playing an RPG when I first started.

Most Frightening Character - Darth Ravenous for NST I and II. He likes to munch on people way too much.

Most Humorous Character - Kwea Acantha for the two NST games, especially the first. She gave some needed comedic levity when most characters were dramatic, morose, and self-hating. And I sure as hell didn't do anything to help matters. :p

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character - No idea. Just like corinthia, I don't get out much. But Thrawn is in NST II, so we will see whether or not he shows up in-game, and if the portrayal is accurate. Note: you will get bonus points if you use Thrawn's themes used in Star Wars: Rebels.

Most Unpredictable Original Character - N/A. No idea why, but I can't really decide who to put for this.

5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    It was a struggle to choose most of these because everyone in this community is just fantastic. [:D]

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: HanSolo29
    Consistently superb all around. Simply, The Best.

Best GM: Lady Belligerent
    Grabbed the homestretch of NST I by the horns! [face_devil] ^:)^

Best Original Character: Darth Hesper, as written by corinthia
    She’s complex, layered, engaging and so well-written. I always look forward to each and every addition to Hesper’s story. Bravo, lady. =D=

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: A Blind Prophet
    Look at all the words! [face_hypnotized]

Most Promising New Roleplayer: Isley_27
    Shout-out to all the newbies though. So much up-and-coming talent.

Most Sadistic GM: Darth_wanderguard
    The cause of so much death in the NST I. Thanks for that. :p

Most Helpful GM: Darth_Elu
    I've had a million questions that were always answered with patience... I think. [face_thinking]

Most Frightening Character: Abeloth, as written by Sinrebirth
    She was one scary *****.

Most Humorous Character: V-3PO, as written by dragonsith13
    Sassy droids are the best.

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: N/A

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Darth Anark, as written by Snokers
    My favorite unhinged Sith always does the unexpected and does it so well.

6. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    "Best" Awards:

Best GM: Lady Belligerent

Best RPG: NST II

Best Original Character: Hel Lady Belligerent

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: Sinrebirth

Most Promising New Roleplayer: Darth Cocytus

Most Sadistic GM: Sinrebirth

Most Frightening Character: Draconis @drangonsith13

Most Humorous Character: Lorekeeper, Mikaboshi

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Anark Snokers

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Best Roleplayer Sinrebirth
    Best GM GreyJedi125
    Best RPG New Sith Trials II: Rise of the Hand
    Best Original Character WookieeRage for SithSpawn Wook

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer A Blind Prophet
    Most Promising New Roleplayer Theometric
    Most Sadistic GM Lady Belligerent
    Most Helpful GM Darth_wanderguard
    Most Frightening Character SithSpawn Wook
    Most Humorous Character V-3PO
    Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character n/a
    Most Unpredictable Original Character Aryan Graul

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: HanSolo29: For reasons others have pointed out.

Best GM: Hard to chose one. But I'm going to nominate Bardan_Jusik for the tireless devotion he has put into the Shadow War. Edit: And in light of that last twist he has more than earned it.:D

Best RPG: Black Sun: I know its unlikely to win (Mostly because it doesn't have that many players) But this is my honest answer. My first, and favorite RPG. I love exploring the Star Wars Galaxy as a criminal during the events of the saga. Its a real thrill.

Best Original Character: Kai Dareagen by galactic-vagabond422: And he's not my master any more so you can't say I'm just sucking up![face_shame_on_you]
    Honestly though I find this war torn Jedi Knight simply fascinating. certainly has been through quite a few ordeals, and he is written very well. :)

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: A Blind Prophet: I thought we already established this?o_O:p

Most Promising New Roleplayer: I haven't been around long enough to pass judgement on my fellow newbs so I'm gonna pass on this.

Most Sadistic GM: Ohhhh Sinrebirth for sure.

Most Helpful GM: Bardan_Jusik: This might extend beyond the RPG as he has been a tremendous help around the GOL, but with the work he puts in on the Shadow War as well I definitely feel he has earned it. He really did a great job of adding new characters in in a natural way, and makes it really easy to understand how things are suppose to go.

Most Frightening Character: Darth Ravenous by WookieeRage: He's creepy even when he isn't looking at people as if they're food.[face_worried]

Most Humorous Character: [face_thinking] I'm not sure right now. Pass!

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: Got nothing for this too. I need to get into more RPG's...

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Aryan Graul By HanSolo29: What do you expect out of a politician?

9. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm only in one game since my long absence, so I only have one category to vote in.

Best RPG: Bound By Honor by Darth_Elu. Not biased at all. He worked on the story and world for weeks and it's definitely the most in depth RPG I've ever seen or played in. Definitely can't wait to see where it goes! And not to mention, probably the longest opening post I've ever seen! :D

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer
    Darth Kronos

Best GM
    Sinrebirth

Best RPG
    New Sith Trials II

Best Original Character
    Lady Hesper
    corinthia

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer
    Sinrebirth

Most Promising New Roleplayer
    Anakin.Skywalker

Most Sadistic GM
    Again, Wanderguard and Sinre

Most Helpful GM
    Wanderguard (and Sinre)

Most Frightening Character
    Darth Ravenous WookieeRage

Most Humorous Character
    Lorekeeper Mikaboshi

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character

Most Unpredictable Original Character
    Draconis dragonsith13

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Greetings, fellow roleplayers! Since I haven't much experience with roleplaying, I don't feel myself qualified to vote. Then why did he create his own rpg, you might ask. Well, the Black Sun thread was never intended to be an rpg. Rather, I designed it be the dark counterpart of the Senate game in the SWC. Somehow, it ended up in this place... ;) Yet, I want to thank Darth_wanderguard for organizing a joyful event like the rpf awards. I also would like to tell ConservativeJedi321 that I very much appreciate him nominating the Black Sun rpg. My fellow gamemaster and myself couldn't be more pleased. Although only few persons know it yet, my co-gamemaster and I decided to end our rpg in the near future. Thank you to everyone who made the game possible! Two persons in particular deserve my gratitude: Shadow Trooper, who somehow managed to surivive three years working together with a control freak like me, and Darth Master Titus, who has been one of the Black Sun's game most loyal players. Thank you once again! I also wish all the nominees good luck!

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Seeing as I don't want to be dismembered, gutted, and stuck on a pike at the gate of the Sith Empire temple.......I will post.

I apologize for not filling all of them in.

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: @Darth_wanderguard

Best GM: @Lady Belligerent

Best RPG: New Sith Trials II

Best Original Character: Nehru_Amidala (almost forgot her Aspie character, oops)

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: @A Blind Prophet

Most Promising New Roleplayer: @Isley_27

Most Sadistic GM: Lady Belligerent

Most Helpful GM: All, really.

Most Frightening Character: @Mikaboshi’s Cruor

Most Humorous Character: @Halle Dray’s Kwea Acantha

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character ???

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Sorry, I don’t know

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Best Roleplayer: Anakin.Skywalker
    Best GM: SinRebirth
    Best RPG New Sith Trials II: Rise of the Hand
    Best Original Character: Mikaboshi for the Lorekeeper

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: @Sinrebirth
    Most Promising New Roleplayer: @Darth Cocytus
    Most Sadistic GM: @Sinrebirth
    Most Helpful GM: @Darth_wanderguard
    Most Frightening Character: Draconis @drangonsith13
    Most Humorous Character: Lorekeeper, @Mikaboshi
    Most Unpredictable Original Character: Anark @Snokers

14. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: QueenSabe7

Best Original Character: Sinrebirth for Ike

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: A Blind Prophet

Most Promising New Roleplayer: Anakin.Skywalker

Most Helpful GM: Lady Belligerent

Most Frightening Character: Mikaboshi's Cruor

Most Humorous Character: Sinrebirth's Ike

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: Uh.. I don't know..

Most Unpredictable Original Character: Darth_wanderguard's Haretisch

15. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    You know Cruor's DNA was in the alchemy concoction that mixed with Ravenous..[face_whistling]

16. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Best Awards
    Best Roleplayer: Lady Belligerent
    Best GM: Their all great
    Best Orignal Character: I'm gonna pass on this one

Most Awards
    Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: A Blind Prophet but I enjoy it all
    Most Promising Roleplayer: Once again pass
    Most Frightening Character: @WookieeRage with Ravenous [face_nail_biting]
    Most Humorous Character: From what I've read so far Mikaboshi with his Lorekeeper
    Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: Not sure yet
    Most Unpredictable Original Character: Lady Belligerent with Bellorum

17. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Thanks for the noms but please do remember I'm not eligible for best GM this time around, Isley_27, Halle Dray.

Sinrebirth and Halle Dray like this.
  18. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Oh dang I totally forgot

19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm pretty sure you can change it still. Just message Wanderguard. :)

I put him for best GM too, so please fix mine Darth_wanderguard to Sinre.

Sinrebirth and Isley_27 like this.
  20. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    You can just edit your posts. You're in the resource forum.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking 5X Wacky Wednesday & 4x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Here are my nominations:

"Best" Awards
    Best Roleplayer: Lady Belligerent
    Best Original Character: WookieeRage with Ravenous

"Most" Awards
    Most Long-Winded Roleplayer: Sinrebirth
    Most Promising New Roleplayer: Anakin.Skywalker
    Most Sadistic GM: Darth_wanderguard
    Most Frightening Character: WookieeRage with Ravenous
    Most Humorous Character: pass
    Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: Pass
    Most Unpredictable Original Character: WookieeRage with Ravenous

Anakin.Skywalker and WookieeRage like this.
  22. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    methinks the distinction between roleplayer and GM isn't terribly clearly understood...

23. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer HanSolo29

Best GM Darth_Elu (Bravo into the creation of the world and character development)

Best RPG New Sith Trials II

Best Original Character WookieeRage (Darth Ravenous) The portrayal of Wookiee is always under appreciated – and your ability to allow your character to go to a new realm with recent events)

"Most" Awards:

Most Long-Winded Roleplayer A Blind Prophet (its a good thing)

Most Promising New Roleplayer corinthia

Most Sadistic GM (Abstain)

Most Helpful GM Lady Belligerent

Most Frightening Character WookieeRage (Darth Ravenous)

Most Humorous Character Darth Osnil Darth Osnil (gotta give it to you for playing a Gungan… the portrayal of the accent gets me every time)

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character (Abstain)

Most Unpredictable Original Character (Abstain)

24. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    Best Awards
    Best GM: Inspid
    Best Original Character: Abstain

Most Awards
    Most Longwinded Roleplayer: Blind Prophet
    Most Frightening Character: Lady Zalen by Lady Belligerent
    Most Humorous Character: Abstain
    Most Accurate Canon Character: Abstain
    Most Unpredictable Original Character: Abstain

25. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    HOST ANNOUNCEMENT

Nominations will be extended until 2/22 to increase turnout. Spread the word, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.