main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Um...why are we assuming this Kyle guy has any inside information, other than he's some guy on the internet claiming to have inside information? I realize we're in a big information vacuum right now, and this is the rumor thread, but still.

I went through a bunch of his older posts on the Cantina, and I'll grant him two things. One, he predicted the trailer would drop on Thanksgiving -- it was actually the day after, but I'll give him a few points for that, though I hardly think that's an earth-shattering spoiler. Two, he frequently says he might be wrong or his sources could be lying to him, which to my cynical eye, looks like a ready-made excuse to cover his rear any time his predictions turn out to be wrong.

Here is a sampling of his other predictions on the Cantina boards, starting with the most recent and going backwards in time:

What they had seen is the next, 60-second trailer, which could eventually be longer. They say they were as shocked and excited about this last trailer as we all were, but feel it might be the swan song of JJ's marketing ambiguity. The next teaser, which they expect on or around December 25th, or early January, is to feature some more familiar faces....

That was Sydow narrating, with the vocals tweaked. Sounds like Cumberbatch, though.

Just to recap the original information I was given: 60 second trailer to drop online/television today, followed by the 100 second(now known to be 88 second) trailer exclusively in theaters Friday, and then both online over the weekend.

something I heard this morning, from both sources. This is happening, and I don't think it's going to be a surprise at the end of the film,they say Yoda might pop up in the trailer at the end of the month.

Driver is after Boyega, thinking Boyega may have been the apprentice of Luke. Fate put Boyega and Daisy together, and Driver is after them both by coincidence, or the will of the Force---you choose.

[posted the day after SWU leaked the picture of the red lightsaber with the crossguard]: I mentioned before that this "longsword" look had less to do with the hilt but more to do with the lightsaber going from one to three blades when needed. I'm guessing the combat style is something akin to a battle Axe.

MVS will be the villain in the film, and what I was told repeatedly is not revealed until the end. If he's drinking in a bar, talking to Daisy and Boyega at the beginning of the film, then at the end of the film shows up as the bad guy to rule all bad guys,

I would like to say I respectfully disagree with the scene speculation of Daisy taking the lightsaber to MVS for it to be identified. I believe she knows what the lightsaber is and who it belongs to. If that scene plays out in the final film, I beleive she is asking the cyborg for help in determining how the lightsaber came to the planet, possibly traces of where it last was.

Luke Skywalker has been missing a little over ten years at the beginning of Episode VII. Before he went missing he was training a much younger Daisy to be a Jedi, in her early teens. [Note: if Rey is supposed to be in her early twenties, then why did the casting call ask for a "late-teen female"?]

There is a Star Destroyer crash landed in the background of the Abu Dharib

My source is positive Sydow ends up being the villain.

Absolutely, 100% based on the Lucas outlines. George will be given story credit for all 3 films. I'm sure he had little involvement with the Abrams and Kasdan script, even less with the first Arndt draft, but the backbone of the trilogy is based on his treatments. I'm sure that goes without saying that if Abrams/Kasdan, and Rian Johnson as well, decided to alter any major arc they would probably make a respectful phone call to the man himself

Adam Driver plays a Force sensitive, aristocrat on the hunt to get a lot closer to the dark side. He is contacted by a type of Dark Side spirit that tells him to do all the bad **** he does. One of those things is hunt down Force sensitive beings around the Galaxy and kill them because one of them could be Luke Skywalkers former apprentice. The film opens with Driver hot on the heels of Boyega, who jumps ship because he is done with the empire and his commanding officer is about to hand him over to Driver.

Once Boyega meets up with Daisy who has just found the lightsaber, the chase begins. Driver is hell bent on finding Boyega even though Ridley is the one he should be after.

Max Von Sydow voices the dark side entity.

I have a firm source that says Lupita is playing a senator, and get this, Leias political rival. Rival, mind you, not villain.

Does this really sound like somebody who is "in the know" with inside information? It sure doesn't to me...,

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Leias_Left_Bun, what you say is true, he started as a normal poster with speculation on his part but some day he came with the typical "hey, my sources ares saying" out of nowhere, and here we are. We seems to be right with Kylo Ren being a Sith collector (I think he was the first one to say this) and he has said a few times Kylo Ren is after Finn and that there is a scene with Kylo, Luke and Han in which both Han and Luke are threating to each other.

But, as you have said, he insisted in the whole MVS theory that does not sound accurate, he said Gleeson was Han and Leia´s son, etc, etc.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i do not believe that Luke has been missing 20 years... that ruins future stories with him and Han and Leia

VMeran, dekaneas and starocean90 like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the last rumor is that Luke has been missing for 10 years.:)

VMeran and nightangel like this.
  5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    that is a little better

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the idea of Luke being gone for 30 years was always nonsense, so Luke gets the call of nature on Endor and while on this call gets kidnapped (as that rumor was he's been missing since Endor).o_O
    Luke being gone for 10 or 20 years makes no difference story wise for VII but there is less potential for $$$ if Luke is missing for 20 years (especially if rumors of Luke being the only Jedi are correct), so around 10 makes more sense (I hope anyways).;)

7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I said the rumor was that Luke went missing 20 years after ROTJ; that would mean that he would have been missing for the 10 years leading up to TFA. But yeah, I too would rather that Luke didn't go into hiding. :)

sorry starocean90

I see you got Luke's missing timeline straightened out. ;)

VMeran, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  8. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    If Luke went missing 20 years after ROTJ that would mean Rey was trained until she was at best 10 years old.

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Fair enough. If you can show me solid evidence that Kyle was the first one to say Driver was a Sith collector, I might re-consider. But with Episode VII rumor-mongers coming out of the woodwork, the only way we have to really judge them is by seeing if their predictions hold up over time. From what I read of this guy today, none of his predictions have held up well over the long haul. He keeps insisting that Driver is only a second-string villain and MVS is the main baddie, not to mention that Lupita is playing a senator, and he keeps describing supposedly-leaked pictures that never show up anywhere and are never corroborated by any other source. Plus he said specifically that Luke trained Rey when she was in her "early teens" which would make her at least 23-24 in TFA. So why would the casting call ask for a late-teen female? And then there is his insistence that TFA is "absolutely, 100% based on the Lucas outline."

It all just feels fake to me. [face_liarliar]

10. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Could be things from Arndt script maybe, which are not in the focus anymore.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he is right Kyle was the first one to mention Kylo Ren being a SIth Collector before Making ever mentioned it, I also recall when Making finally himself mentioned Ren being a Sith Collector (from sources/concepts/others) that someone on twitter said that was what Kyle had said (they said this to Making).

Here's your proof, the story was from Kyle first,
    http://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/adam-driver.105/
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/rumors-adam-drivers-character-star-wars-episode-vii/

nightangel likes this.
  12. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    starocean90 and nightangel

I'm not in any position to say categorically that this guy is right or wrong. His information just feels very fake to me. I have a major pet-peeve about being lied to, even little white lies, and my BS-detector is going off with this guy. But that's just my opinion.

One other tidbit I ran across when I was looking over his posts, this is from MSW in response to Kyle saying MVS was the main bad guy:

This is totally fan fiction. It isn't accurate in any way. Max von Sydow is a drinker, junker, and sits in a bar for most of the film. He's nothing more than what Kira will become if she continues on her path.

I post this because of what it implies for Rey -- that she is unhappy with her life and on the "wrong" path. Which makes me believe she is on the desert planet by her own choice. Yes, I am still convinced she is a Solo, but now I'm more inclined to believe she went to the desert planet either because her parents had become so miserable (bitter break-up) and/or to rebel against them.

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm not saying I believe Kyle but how is this any different than Making (who is awesome and has done an amazing job^:)^ ) claiming Luke is evil or that Rey will turn to the darkside. (which is actually worse if proven wrong).[face_dunno]

VMeran, Leias_Left_Bun and nightangel like this.
  14. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    He's a 'Rose' am telling you ;)

15. darth dariakus

darth dariakus Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2014
    I don't care if he was first or not. If you fling enough poop at a wall, some of it is bound to stick.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so it's poop that he joined the Cantina on Sep 6 2014 and he posted that Driver is a Sith Artificat collector only 2 days later on Sep 8 2014 (not months later)???

17. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Kyle has said he was handed a load of crap at one point. So he's not sure what's up some things and he kind of chilled out for a while. It sounded like he had some legit links and he started bothering them too often after talking to Cantina Forum posters and they started to just say "yes" to anything or started messing with him. I believe that's what he stated over there.

I've never liked the way that rumor got out. It made it really hard to tell what's up and what real with it and what's assumption.

18. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This would make perfect sense. I'm thinking that both Rey and Kylo Ren BOTH trained under Luke before his powers cause him to go mad. Rey drifted off while Kylo Ren hungered for the power he saw and fell to the dark side.

This would also make sense of the Vader's castle from all the concepts. It could be where they were trained at by Luke. Luke leaves and Kylo takes it as his own. It would seem to me that Rey and Ren know each other from all the concepts of them together. (Just my 2 cents)

starocean90 likes this.
  19. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    Rey's a drunk!? My, what are Disney portraying.............

starocean90 and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
  20. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Captain Jack Sparrow is from a Disney film. So is Tony Stark.

21. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    He's fake. Just another person craving for attention. It's funny too, because if you call them out and ask them where they got their info they say something like "nobody will betray their source" lol

People like this existed prior to the PT, and with the lack of spoilers/info now it allows them to spread false information just because.

Shadojoker likes this.
  22. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I really don't know what to believe or disbelieve of the rumors/leaks. However, one plot element that has been rumored by multiple sources (I think?) has started to make some sense to me--it regards two of the rumors about the end of the movie.

We've been told that A) Luke screws up in a pretty major way, from Yoda's point-of-view, and subsequently receives a sage-like ass-chewing from the pale green ghost of the little dude, and B) Han threatens to kill Luke, aiming a blaster at him or something along those lines.

It kind of dawned on me that since--ostensibly, anyway--Han and Luke are really close space-pals, what would compel Han to threaten Luke with plasma-y death must be something about which Han feels extremely passionate, i.e. a son or daughter. That much is obvious. But maybe "the right thing to do for the galaxy," according to Yoda and The Force Gods, is to kill the bad guy, and Luke can't pull the trigger (as it were) because the bad guy is Han's son.

He may be a superbadass Jedi Master and have the beard and everything but he still lets his emotions cloud his responsibilities as Force Sheriff.

At any rate, now that I type it out like that, I'm sure somebody else has made a similar speculative contention...but, on the off-chance no one has, I'm going to go ahead and click "submit" or "post" or whatever it is at the bottom of my screen that I can't see because I haven't scrolled down all the way.

turnip white likes this.
  23. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    True but I don't see any of captain Jack in Rey though, just saying.

24. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

I think what he meant is Disney is not afraid to make their protagonists drunks.

VMeran, TheBBP and starocean90 like this.
  25. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.