main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Yes it would and the drugs in my body have just taken the higher ground. Going to try to sleep while I am tired enough to sleep on my back so I don't accidentally roll over on to my face. Here is to hoping when I wake up there is new CONFIRMED info...

2. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Seems to be a double standard for accepting the scoop on Andy being the voice in the teaser as compared to the scoop on the sabre. Or did Andy confirm his character's voice being in the teaser prior to the show airing?

3. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    That is a very good question. Maybe Luke trained her, and she trained Rey. Ya never know.

Like hartman has said many times, it sure would be nice to get some confirmed info lol

JediMatteus likes this.
  4. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I agree wholeheartedly.

5. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    I think I would be more surprised if Leia wasn't a Jedi in episode 7. I mean, in ROTJ she learns that she is just as strong in the force as Luke is and the last hope for the Jedi if Luke fails. It seems almost implied that they will become the wonder twins :p.

6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think the problem is that TFA and the ST is being postioned as a direct sequel to ROTJ and the OT. It isn't set 100 years after etc... or featuring all new characters and situations... it's Stormtroopers, X-Wings, lightsabres, Luke/Han/Leia and the Falcon. So whilst I don't think direct family connections are needed to continue the SW saga... (and I'm sure we'll get that post IX and spin offs), I think they've very much set their stall out to show a generational hand down to the 'kids'.

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    For me personally, I can't see Leia being a Jedi. Something about that just doesn't seem right to me. With (seemingly) the focus being on a new generation of force users, to then have Leia turn around and pull out a sabre and exclaim 'I too have learnt the ways of the force from my brother' at some point would just seem pointless and entirely unnecessary. Imo

8. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think it's possible we'll see Leia as a Jedi, but we'll probably not see her in combat. I think whatever power she has will be implied.

9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Might be a lot like early EU, where she works on aspects of the jedi way to add to her role as chief of state.

Darth PJ likes this.
  10. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Leia gonna bust a Yoda from AOTC in VIII, just watch.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope Leia's combat scene (if there is one) is not too OTT.

12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Well maybe there'll be some hints that she's attuned some aspects of her force sensitivity over the years. But full blown Jedi? Not for me. And lol Han Drolo ;)

Han Drolo and Darth PJ like this.
  13. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Haha... that would be funny...

14. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005

I don't see Leia being a Jedi in the ST, however not because she didn't have the power or ability. But more because she didn't have the time and commitment needed to train as a Jedi. The Rebel Alliance was in ascension, and she is the leader in waiting of the Rebels in ROTJ.

She probably made a decision to sacrifice her Jedi training or else put it on hold until maybe the Empire was overthrown.

Baron_Papanerd and JediMatteus like this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think a lot of people took my Leia not having a lightsaber comment the wrong way. Or the right way. I don't know anymore. [face_plain]

Blazer-Smith, Darth PJ and TheBBP like this.
  16. Dark Luke

Dark Luke Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2014

LOL. That would be so bizarre.

Han Drolo and Blazer-Smith like this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

18. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    She is a big enough character the way it is, no need for a jedi or saber for her...

19. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I think it would be cool if she was extremely powerful at one thing, like persuasion or force bursts. Something unique that makes her special under certain fighting situations.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The word you're looking for is wizard. That would be so wizard. :p

VMeran, Winston_Sith, EHT and 5 others like this.
  21. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah. I also think it would be cool if there was a Force ability that Leia and Luke would be able to perform only when they are in proximity of each other. You know, like a Wonder Twins kind of thing :p

22. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    me too!

kip73 and Jcuk like this.
  23. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    Victorian Time Traveler I will never desperage(sp?) anyone or their ideas, but not sure I can get behind that. To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy with her having no powers, just her being able to sense Luke, the one true hero of SW...

24. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Whatever. I was half joking about my post.

25. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I am aware of that, but on this board, honestly, I can never tell. My bad, SINCERE apologies...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.