main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Maybe it "flings" planets out of orbit. Can't say i like this whole catapult idea.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    a weapon similar to Star Trek 2009 reboot, but instead powered by red matter, it is powered by the force? [face_whistling]

starocean90 likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe it flings a planet's moon at its target. Run, Chewie, run! :p

4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    So there is a rumored catapult in TFA? :confused: Well, we have an Evil Castle; might as well have an Evil Catapult to go with it. [face_devil]

kip73 likes this.
  5. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I think I can reconcile all the rumors:

Luke is thought by Han and Leia to be imprisoned. In reality, he's actually in exile but in reality he is traveling around helping people while disguised by his father's half-broken mask and goes by the name Uber. He flys a Kaiburr Crystal-powered ship named Slyyyngshot and lives in an abandoned Sith temple.

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Im still not buying that there is an Empire. What I believe at this point is that the Stormtroopers are part of the Republic, just as the Clone Troopers were before Palps declared the Empire. There will be political unrest and Imperial "loyalists" who cause conflict in the ranks, but as members of the Republic, just as Bail Organa was a member of the Empire......

Immortiss and nightangel like this.
  7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    There is an imperial remnant. But if like is captured he chose to be, but I double he was captured for years on end.

8. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

This sounds quite more convincing as a scenario 30 years ahead of ROTJ. ;)

LunarMoth likes this.
  9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The only science-fictiony thing I could reconcile with a catapult is a mass driver - the sort of thing envisioned to propel asteroids (from the Asteroid Belt) onto the surface of Mars to terraform it. It would seem a bit low tech for SW after the Death Star's Laser though. Perhaps it's just a codeword for something completely different?

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    More Info from Kyle on Rey (posted Sunday)
    http://thecantina.starwars7news.com/index.php?threads/rey-ya-novels.1583/#post-42311
    I assume (my spec) that the villain could be Serkis.:p

nightangel likes this.
  11. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    is this the bloke who described the poster, you know the same poster we are all waiting too see? Are these books in the same place? Sorry to sound suspicious but this guy, Mr Kyle is very frustrating. [face_waiting]

TheBBP likes this.
  12. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    is anyone else considering a 10 month self-induced coma?

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If Kyle turns out to be wrong about all this, he's killed all credibility. Nobody will believe anything he says anymore.

Darth_Bertie and starocean90 like this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

wrong or right it's better to have something to have fun with (might as well), since it seems the VII drought (news/more realiable sources) will go on.[face_devil]

Granek and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Honestly, the "someone, looking for Rey, killed her parents, so Luke went into hiding..." is kind of cool, but I'm not sure it really works as it stands.

Would Rey really be able to go off-the-grid and disguise herself enough to not get found? Wouldn't she have to do something like Luke does?

Or is it that they were looking for Rey in order to find Luke, and that's why Rey is able to disappear; because they didn't really want Rey in the first place?

Also, it sounds like all of these options would be kind of hard to pull off via exposition, or a crawl, or dialogue even. But...I could be wrong.

16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

sure it sounds a little bit like Harry Potter, but we have Domhnall in the movie.[face_laugh]

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Idk I still believe Rey is a SkySolo. And Ren for that matter too.

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Great if she gets her own young reader's series, but the content of that series: let's just say I hope it's not the rumor posted above.

VMeran likes this.
  19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what else do you expect from a YA book about Rey set pre VII???

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Well the Jedi business is a bit suspect to me. I can buy her being force sensitive but a failed Jedi apprentice...not really no.

Force sensitive certainly, orphaned, no problem...but that Jedi bit...I personally cannot see that yet.

21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it does work (not saying it's true) because it would mean she has limited Jedi training since by the time Luke disappears she's would be just a kid, between 7-10 years old (estimate) around the same age as Anakin in I.:p

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Do we really know how long it's been since Luke disappears.

While I understand the age to start, that's too on the nose for me. I'd like at least Finn and Rey to be different as far as their Force sensitivity and such.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the last rumor was Luke has been missing for a decade and if what Kyle says is true then it means that Rey was still a kid, when Luke left/kidnapped.;)

24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not believing anything this Kyle person says. A book that comes out in early 2016 already has a story while we don't even know the real story of TFA yet? I don't think so.

For 1000th time, Rey is going to be Han and Leia's daughter. You have all felt it and know it to be true!

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Politely shuffles away and thinks, I'll ponder more about Rey the closer we get to the film's release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.