main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Don´t take that too personal. The site itself hype them as if they were ground breaking. I would call massive to some Serkis info, some Gleeson info, and some ending info. Act I rumors are Summer 2014 talk LOL.

dekaneas likes this.
  2. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I bet the secret source is Kyle again [face_laugh]

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Ah, the double agent who goes native plot twist. Then people will say Abrams is ripping off Cameron's Avatar, which was a rip off of everything ever. I guess I sound grouchy, but both angles are worn and predictable.

Funnily enough, the real plot twist would be Finn being an honest-to-goodness defector. [face_laugh]

Han Drolo, acroyear7 and starocean90 like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm not taking it personal, I just find it funny that people were stuck on something (my title) which was not serious to begin with.:p
    and you are wrong about Act 1 rumors being Summer 2014 talk as there still is a lot of Act I that hasn't been fully explained to make sense of Act 1 in it's entirety.;)

5. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Finn and Poe's escape as described by this "source" is similar to what Spoilerman said. He said Rey does not save them. They are held on a ship together, then escape. Whereas other spoilers have said that they are held on Tat and then Rey sets them free. I believe Spoilerman also said that Rey and Finn escape with Han and Chewie - Poe noticeably absent. Which would make sense if he left via his x-wing. So take with a GOS.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't think Finn being a defector is new to begin with, to SW maybe, but if you watch or read a lot, a army guy who defects is like one of the oldest ideas, which Avatar also happens to have used (he defects because of a girl or because of the increasing evil/wrong that he sees, or because of the atrocities he himself has committed).[face_dunno]

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's interesting because if true and Poe is confronting Kylo Ren then that suggests he could be a Jedi. That's something I don't think we've heard before. And if BB-8 is his droid then it might make sense why the droid has a lightsaber compartment. Lastly the two of them crash landing on Tatooine after an escape fits perfectly with the openings of ANH and TPM. I'm not one to trust star wars7news but this does make some sense to me.

9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    So he may be Luke's son.......*running away [face_laugh]*

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he's Poe Dameron Solo.:cool::p

nightangel likes this.
  11. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    JK droids were some concept art described by Jason. He also talked about concept art of Poe being confronted by a walker on the snow planet before everything was condensed to the sand planet. Maybe Poe being confronted by the JK droid is a combination of these concepts.

12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Is unfair to have 9000 Solo's. [face_not_talking]

Shadojoker and starocean90 like this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well based on Isaac's own interviews in which he keeps talking about Harrison (the most of the OT3) and the speculation that he goes with Han/Chewie, when Rey/Finn are together (Snow Planet), it seems more likely if he was related it would be to Han, which is unlikely anyways.;)

nightangel likes this.
  14. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think he might confront Kylo Ren in the same way Leia did with Vader in ANH.

Kylo Ren: "Take him away!!"

Han Drolo likes this.
  15. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    True! Nothing new under the sun, right? Though in Avatar - as in a lot of Cameron films - the main way to the hero's moral compass is through his pants. :p Whereas the rumors we know on TFA have Finn being a straightforward conscientious objector before he meets the girl, which sounds much more refreshing.

I dunno, but I feel like those films that rely on twists to the detriment of character development suffer for it. Give me the character-oriented second half of GOTG over the twist-oriented second half of Captain America 2. Thankfully it sounds like the double-agent plot twist isn't happening, and they're going with character > twists.

Fun to think about though.

starocean90 likes this.
  16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

No doubt that this is just another attention grab, the "massive spoilers" just cements it. It's their speculation written up as if from "a source". Just another day of starwars7forum speculation being labeled as "rumor" and being posted here in the suppository.

What a load of crap. A lot of people believe that. At some point people are going to have to quit taking these blowhards seriously enough to quit posting their forum trash here. Oh right, it's the suppository. [face_plain]

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  17. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    If he's a Republic pilot, it would make sense that he knows Han or was even under his command at some point and therefore, they'll be in scenes together. If he does get the MF at some point, it would seem he's tight with Han. But that could just be a mentor/mentee relationship. And I get actors playing younger all the time but Oscar Isaac looks his age if not older. Regardless, with every spoiler - true or not - his character seems pretty bada**.

Keep in mind, Isaac has really been the only one to do extensive interviews so far because he's been promoting A Most Violent Year.

starocean90 likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It also allows for both the TIE crash and Finn being apart of the village attack to be true. Finn watches as the village is burned and Poe getting captured and then decides to free him and defect.

19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Dameron sends BB-8 to town which is what we see in the trailer.

And BB-8 just happens to just go past Rey's parked up ship....

...and Finn loves the light saber she has..

Her lightsabre conveniently hidden in Poe's droid whom she has never met before?

What a crock.....

jabberwalkie likes this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

Everybody assumed it was Rey's? That's a bit of a generalization there.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A lot of people I guess. I'll be fine with whatever they do.

22. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012

I agree that most assumed from the teaser

23. Sheev

Sheev Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2014

[​IMG]

24. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    So let me get this straight....

Poe is a Jedi because he's doing all this stuff like spying and he has a droid with a hidden lightsabre (which just happens to be the one that Luke lost on Bespin). Presumably Poe keeps it in the droid because if he hung it off his belt it would spoil the cut of his jib. Presumably BB-8 then gets lost (probably because he is now on a different planet to the one that Poe is on) so Poe goes off to look for him. Poe runs into the Jedi Killer who does not kill Poe (probably because the Jedi Killer does not think that Poe is a Jedi because he does not have a lightsabre) but instead flies him up to his Star Destroyer and throws him into the brig. Finn the guard brings Poe a nice cup of coffee and they get chatting. Finn asks him if he is a Jedi, Poe says "yes" and Finn gets all excited because he wants to see Poe's lightsabre. Finn loves lightsabres. Finn says he will help Poe escape if he can see Poe's lightsabre so they walk down to the hangar (Presumably Poe is disguised as a Wookie at this point) and they steal a TIE fighter. Finn has to sit on Poe's lap and unfortunately they crash as Poe can't fly properly with Finn getting all excited about Poe's lightsabre. Down on the planet they find BB-8 and Rey and Poe shows Finn Reys lightsabre which was in Poe's droid all along. Finn loves the lightsabre.

Seems straightforward enough...

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Lolz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.