main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Well, many people on this forum are convinced she isn't because she appears to be an orphan living a backwater sort of life. And they might be majorly trolled and surprised in the end.

Why wouldn't people watching the movie who are spoiler-free think, oh, there's no way she's Han/Leia's daughter because she appears to be a poor yet resourceful orphan?? I think most would expect her to be living the fairly good life in a nice penthouse, quality education, maybe a Republic pilot... Then the twist comes....

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Not everyone's identity needs to be a twist. Maybe it's not a twist in the actual movie but just a secret for right now. Imagine the excitement when we find out officially when toys come out.

It seems like EVERYONE'S identity in this movie is a top secret. But not everyone's identity can possibly be a plot twist! That would be too confusing.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I love me some hutts.​

5. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Honestly I just want new characters, I don't care who their parents are. The Skywalker lineage would be convenient to explain some potentially powerful new folks but I don't think that's necessary for TFA. With the Sith and virtually all of the Jedi wiped out at the end of ROTJ, you don't need to be the next Chosen One to be somebody special.

I'd still expect they'll have a Solo kid (or kids) in there somewhere, hyped as the new big thing. But what if they die? It's not like Skywalkers (good or bad) are invulnerable and they shouldn't be given a free pass to go on to become a powerful Jedi (or Sith)...maybe the new Solo or Skywalker generation isn't as lucky as their parents. So then people like Rey and Finn become the next best hope unexpectedly and do the best they can, etc.

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice! I could get behind the Hutts returning. I think it would be cool to see more of the inner workings of the underworld.

8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I thought that we heard about concept art months ago featuring Leia and hutts.

coxie0520, EviL_eLF and Krueger like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  10. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

What if the Sckelieg scene was really the last scene of the movie? That rumor originated from the Irish film board, so it has its credibility.

11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I am now not expecting Luke to be the cyborg by any means. Specially after the whole Kylo Ren and the Vader helmet rumors.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what rumor???

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    starocean90 likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "New" rumors that sound like "old" rumors may very well generate from new "insiders" recycling the rubbish previously spread about by old "insiders".

15. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    • An Irish industry source working at the location has hinted that the final scenes of the film could be shot on the island.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/star-wars-skellig-michael-kerry-1595556-Jul2014/

starocean90 likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if it is the final scenes, curious as to why only Rey would be there.;)

coxie0520 and nightangel like this.
  17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    ^^^^^^ Should be reported for misuse of the ;) emoticon ^^^^^

starocean90 likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That wink no longer has any meaning to me any of us.

VMeran, EviL_eLF, TheBBP and 5 others like this.
  19. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Yeah, the criminal underworld element was an important part of the OT, especially Han's story (from the Cantina/Greedo to the bounty hunters/Lando to Jabba's Palace). Then we had Luke's story (the Jedi element), and Leia's (the Rebel/Empire element). We're definitely getting the latter two, but I would be shocked if they don't continue the criminal underworld element in some way in TFA. I'm all for multiple Hutts!

Baron_Papanerd and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    It may be the cyborg embrace shot? And we may left without knowing what will be the result of this as a cliffhanger? [face_dunno]

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Emoticons are my trademark, :p
    as I'm the only one that uses them for almost every post.[face_devil]
    and they are fun.;)

Baron_Papanerd and Immortiss like this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    :_|

TK327 likes this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well there are rumors that VII ends like Episode V, more open ended (no happy ending) than a definitive ending like IV (except of course Vader escaping).;)

nightangel likes this.
  24. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

why? Luke and Leia are still pretty young?

by the way, i hate hutts

25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say that´s because at the end of the movie it is Rey who starts her training with Luke. I wonder what happens with Finn, but I could see him taking an alternative route in terms of Force training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.