main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    like what exactly, if Luke is the only Jedi who would train Finn, himself???

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I could imagine something like that, near the end of the movie Luke is supposed to be dead after doing something terrific with the force. But at the very end he appears as the cyborg with Rey and it finishes with us not knowing if Luke is still alive and if he is evil/dark now. Finn will be probably with the other guys (Leia/Han/Poe) or whoever is still alive at that time.

starocean90 likes this.
  3. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    'Rey' after she has trained :p:p:p

starocean90 likes this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    He don't need no training. He luuurves the lightsabre.

Baron_Papanerd and starocean90 like this.
  5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_laugh]
    maybe he finds a talking lightsaber, which teaches him the way of the force.:p

nightangel likes this.
  6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

like K.I.T.T: from Knight Rider. :p

Is David Hasselhoff in the movie with a cameo? [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

7. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    EDIT: Reading some of the new comments, here's my two cents on the matter. First off, there's a Skywalker in there somewhere. I don't think it's Kylo Ren; the only reason why that theory is still going strong is because of the EU and the obsession with the Solo Twins. I think that if anyone's related to anyone it's going to be Rey. Just Rey.

It wouldn't feel right to not have a Skywalker in the line somehow, if not directly than indirectly through a Solo or maybe through a more subtle, more symbolic gesture of Luke directly calling Rey or Finn his successor. Just something. The series has always followed the Skywalkers, why stop now?

I don't like the idea of Rey saving Finn and Poe, mainly because it happens so early in the film that it really stops making sense. I've warmed up more to the idea of Finn and Poe starting the film off, as long as the crash still happens. Have some action with Finn and Poe on desert planet after the crash, have them meet Rey. Rey's just found the lightsaber MacGuffin, and that starts them on their quest. Sooner or later they meet up with Han and Chewie, the Empire shows up and big massive chase scene.

nightangel likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Didn't we hear a while back that JJ was having a Jabba like puppet built? I thought we knew there was going to be a Hutt for a while now...

starocean90 likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wasn't that Pigzilla though? I don't know it's hard to keep this stuff straight.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Was not concrete,;)
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/phil-tippett-old-magic-tricks-star-wars-episode-vii/

EviL_eLF likes this.
  11. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    I wouldn't say it wasn't concrete any more than this is... but it was pretty solid as it was coming out of the reports of pre-production work - ie when it was reported that the Falcon had already been started construction before being shipped to pinewood etc. Back when we heard a lot of sets were already being worked on to be shipped over.

I think many just forgot about those older reports. This isn't a new discovery is my point like Latino review made it out to be.

EDIT: BTW - I think I latched onto that bit of news so early because I was thrilled to hear it! Was always a big fan of the look of ROTJ Jabba vs any of the CGI versions that ever appeared. Practical Jabba was just FAR more effective at making the character look legit. ;)

12. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    Rotta the Hutt perhaps?

13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I highly doubt that Skellig micheal stuff is the last stuff in the film. It may be in the last act. But not the last part of the film. The reason I say this is that Hammil supposedly shot some more footage sans beard. Well, he shot most of his footage on a soundstage it would seem.

I also believe its kinda silly to take an "irish industry insider" source from a local paper as kosher. The Micheal stuff seems like its probably a minute worth of footage intercut with other stuff. Its probably part of a bigger action sequence with the apparent use of stunt doubles.

14. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    If the rumor of the Hutts is true, then I guess it's almost 100% certain that the desert planet is Tatooine.

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Back to that SWE7N 'massive spoilers' report - King3000 has stated that the "Hall of Mirrors" was the codename for the Cantina and not the Star Destroyer.

16. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Not guaranteed, as the Hutts have their own territory, and Tatooine was just one planet within that territory. They could go to the Hutt's home planet of Nal Hutta, or the moon Nar Shadda.

Jabba controlled Tatooine, but the Hutts aren't from there.

17. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Yeah. StarWars7News is most likely getting fooled by their source.

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I am convinced that they do not even have one. All of their stuff reads like speculation and it typically comes in timing with rumors from other places.

19. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Even their forums ("Cantina" :rolleyes:) seem to be filled with casual fans who spout wild speculation. Long live the Jedi Council Forums!

EHT, TheBBP and EviL_eLF like this.
  20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Seems similar to here. In fact I would not be surprised if quite a few had accounts on both forums.

21. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Right. Except over there, logic and grammar seem to be less of a priority :/

starocean90 likes this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Not a member there, starocean90 is exclusive to the JCF.:cool:
    but my favorite cantina speculation is this
    3PO???[face_rofl]

23. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Skynet got to 3PO!

TK327, EviL_eLF, TheBBP and 1 other person like this.
  24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

25. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Or....

NO 3P0! Refuse the upgrade!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.