main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I know I was looking at it from JJ's point of view,;)

I agree with you having thousands of Jedis like in the PT makes perfect sense as they are supposed to be the guardians of peace and justice of the entire galaxy.
    do people really expect a few hundred Jedi to be enough to guard the entire SW universe, which makes 0 logistic sense.[face_devil]

but it seems like they are starting from scratch, back to 1 with Luke.[face_dunno]

nightangel and Dra--- like this.
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well its music to my ears. I am for all seeing the light but MSW has been a major proponent of no kids for a while so it does seem strange.

Myself656 likes this.
  3. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Dont forget Rose so that is 2.

4. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I agree. There will be hints that she has Solo/Skywalker characteristics, like how Rey can fix the MF like it's instinct. I imagine (like speculated here) that Han, Rey and Rose realize who she is during the vision - she's really "Kira." If Han has returned to his old ways, I can see the part where they go to the rebel base as a choice Han has made to reunite mother and daughter. OR, Han still doesn't know, they need Leia's help and Leia just knows immediately the minute she sees Rey.

CairnsTony and Dra--- like this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe, maybe not. :p

Exactly. The first group being slaughtered is all about allowing us to see the first new Jedi trained in the ST with Luke. And it also creates some emotional beats with our uber villain.

If this is true about Uber intentionally kidnapping Sky-Solos, then it says to me they are someone connected to Palpatine. Whether that means Plagueis or some apprentice, only time will tell. Why? Who else would know to get revenge on the Sky-Solos in this way, by going after the kids?

6. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    you seriouse? that stuff is based on making's rumor in the past few days in the first place.

Darth_Zidious and Knessa84 like this.
  7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    The MSW speculation sounds, intentionally or not, like the seven-headed beast of the book of Revelation.

Interestingly the beast is unsuccessful in destroying the offspring of its enemy, with the offspring separated from its mother for safety and the mother going into exile.

Of course the symbolism and meaning of the Biblical story doesn't quite line up, but the comparison occurred to me.

8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well he is recruiting not killing. Also its not weird Clone Wars had a Plot where Palps was jacking strong force sensitive babies and Rebels has hints of force users being picked up for a secret project as well. So I probably guess the Seven are connected to that.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Rose could be a witch for all we know.;)

I hope it's Plagueis, the guy who caused the creation of the Sky-Solos and decides to use them for his own selfish purpose and I agree it does seem to be the case that Uber wants the descendants of the Chosen One, maybe he inherited Palpatine's fascination/obsession with Sky-Solos.:)

10. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    I saw more than one person post that theory yesterday. It's an interesting theory and one that I think is likely if these latest spoilers hold. It makes sense. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that more than two people figured it out. And MSW does supposedly have more info than the rest of us. He also hinted before this theory that there seemed to be a connection between Rey and Ren since they both likely were at the academy, and there's something significant between the two. And Ren has some real antagonism against Han, the "don't get sentimental" quote by Uber when he points the superweapon at the rebels (Han & Leia), etc.... Try to reconcile the fact that Han and Rey don't recognize each other and this is what you come up with. I appreciate the posters who came up with it first but when you think about it, it's the logical conclusion.

nalkwan, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If you are referring to my post, remember that MSW was very staunch on Rey and Ren NOT being related to Han and Leia. Now he's saying they might be, based on a theory of HIS which is really a theory stated here by Darth Malevenous. Very fishy!

Yes , but you see my point was that MSW would not/should not have to post theories from other people if he does indeed know as much as he claims to know.

TheBBP and Skaddix like this.
  12. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I love the idea that to whomever it occurs to first, they'll suddenly look at Rey and say almost under their breath, "Kira...." (or whatever her name is); could be a very powerful (and possibly teary) moment...

13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Right yes obviously its the most logical conclusion. The problem is MSW has been a hardcore member of the anti-related to Big 3 Team so I can see why his sudden change of heart would be viewed as fishy.

nalkwan and starocean90 like this.
  14. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Yeah, but before the above theory was posted, MSW did say that, for the first time, that he was starting to see a connection to Ren and or Rey being related to possibly each other and/or the OT 3. I remember that distinctly because people here were seeing his latest rumor on the freighter as evidence that Rey was NOT a Solo because Han and Rey did not recognize each other. But he actually said he saw more evidence that there was a connection for the first time versus just thinking Rey was an orphan.

Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  15. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

Since it's dead around here I want to bring up something that has just been eating away at me the last few days. I know we discussed this former Lucas Film concept artist a few weeks back, but part of me just doesn't want to let it go. The odds of this stuff not being at least a part of the Arndt script is just too damn much for it to be coincidence.

This guy Viers ends up leaving LucasFilm as a concept artist back in 2008 I think (try to remember when we all last spoke about him)Here is this image right, it's the perfect savanna that we have been talking about, the moisture farms, three guys that look like bounty hunters, A Sith Lord that looks damn close to Kylo. If you look at the date of the art its July 2014. We bare knew anything about TFA last July. We certainly didn't know anything about a savanna planet, what Kylo would look like and him hanging around a group of henchman/mercenaries/bounty hunters.

[​IMG]

I just can't seem to let this artist images go. I have a gut feeling this guy was around when Lucas\Arndt were discussion TFA (if he left at 2008 he most certainly would have heard stuff) or knows friends and colleagues that maybe discussed with him what they were working on and he made his own renditions. Renditions that are so damn close to what we now know about the movie but just off enough where Disney doesn't go after him.

Then there is this one that he created last October. He just so happened to created a concept art of two Jedi fighting in the snowy woods a month before the teaser came out. For no reason. Just sitting at home coming up with ideas and low and behold he gets what is going to be in TFA.

[​IMG]

Then there was this one, which lines up with what Jason talked about the Arndt script where Poe was supposed to be shot down on a snow planet and then taken to the brig. Which was changed when J.J. and Kasdan took over the script and had Poe crash and get captured on the savanna planet. Again here is a piece of art made by Viers in October of last year. One month before the teaser.

[​IMG]

Then there is this gem. A Jedi character on a desert/savanna planet with two suns taking down an AT-AT and ripping it into pieces. Again exactly what we see in the leaked concept art with Rey living in an abandoned torn up AT-AT. This are was completed in June 2014, months before the leaked concept art. Again just another lucky guess by some former Lucas Film concept artist sitting at home.

[​IMG]

Then this piece of incredible coincidence. Viers just happens to create this lovely shot of two X-wings in the atmosphere on a planet where its raining, over water with snow capped mountains with greenery in the background. Out of nowhere just sitting at home five whole months before the teaser trailer was released.

[​IMG]

Oh look, another one. This time of a special forces Storm Trooper with a prison reflecting off his visor. This one about a month before the teaser and months before when we knew about Finn and Poe getting locked up in the brig.

[​IMG]

Even if these images tell us nothing new about TFA, I just find it too much of a coincidence that this amazing artist for some unknown reason created 7+ pieces in one year that seemingly relate to what we know about TFA.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but doesn't Ren kidnapping her alive and that whole Vader line kind of hint at them being related anyways.;)

17. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Yes, I would love to see that moment for Han and for Leia. Our daughter's alive! (joy). But, at the same time, our son is destroying the galaxy! (bummer)

18. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I assume he has buddies at Lucas so maybe some insider info.

19. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    If Kylo is Reys brother this flick makes perfect sense now. I remember when this was Luke. [​IMG]

Revanfan1, Myself656 and Knessa84 like this.
  20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    "Fratricide or patricide. You decide, father."

starocean90 likes this.
  21. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

Dude, we all have been listening to Jason podcasts, reading his articles and getting even more sliver of insight when he is gracious enough on this BB to answer questions. Two days ago he wrote something that sparked an idea in my head and i jotted down a quick synoposis. It's just a guess after hearing Jason trying to put what he has in front of him and trying to fill the gaps. I don't own the synopsis, it's just some free toss it into the ring kind of thinking. Anyone here or even from another board are welcome to take it and run with it. Change it or add to it. It's no big deal. Maybe I had one big lucky guess that just happens to fit what Jason has in front of him. Who knows, odds are we are probably all wrong.

Just keep flow walking son, it's just us sitting around shooting the s--t. Sometimes something just sticks. It's no biggie.

22. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    How could Han not recognise Rey and vice versa though? I've read people mentioning this. Maybe I have missed part of a MSW rumour and find it puzzling me.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Making also said that Rey at first tries to sell off BB-8.[face_laugh]

@Flapjack4
    I think it's the timeline when she was at the Academy she must haven been very young(maybe 3-5 [face_dunno]) and she seems to have repressed her memories anyways of that time (and maybe everything from before) and Han assumes his daughter to be dead.:)

nightangel, Dra--- and Knessa84 like this.
  24. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Well Rey should, Han might not. Depends on how old Rey was when she was sent and trauma has been known to suppress memories

25. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    That's really gracious. I remember reading your post and it just clicked. You put the pieces together first to you definitely deserve credit for that. Keep posting your theories! It could be something different a few days from now but it was the best thing I read all week. If MSW concurs, I think that's more credit to you than anything if he really does have insider info and we are at a disadvantage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.