main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'm going to act like it's 1983 and believe this is wizardy and not read the review, thinking this this is all magic, these are all flashes of lights, i'm typppins more , i'm 3 agian and i pooopies

2. DantooineOrBust

DantooineOrBust Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    I actually really like that idea. However willpower is something I definately lack.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
  4. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Star Wars Episode VIII: The Legacy of Vader

5. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    [​IMG]
    If this is true...i will be soo pumped! Its a unique and different direction to go but cool. Luke doing something terribly bad to Kylo Ren (if he's family or someone close to him)and they "finish their collection" in the process.

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Well, I guess it was not that hard to predict.

Lucasfilm and the mouse want Vader back.

7. Lord Gaos

Lord Gaos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    I, personally, will have no problem with this whatsoever if the story makes sense and is done right. I know two of my kids (13 & 8, and both girls BTW) would be stoked if there was a "Vader 2.0".

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd buy that for a dollar. That is the financial value I place on this scenario. Everything else in the film will value the remainder of the admission price.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Puh, Luke redeeming his father and freeing the galaxy from Vader and later creating another Vader...that's very hard. I wonder how this will be explained and what drives him so mad to do this. :(

10. Lord Gaos

Lord Gaos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2014

Does that "puh" mean you don't like the idea or is more of an "oh the irony" kind of thing? Like I said, if it's done right, it could be a good story. I think it would be kind of cool to see a "becoming (or creating) that which one fought so hard against" type of story....hopefully creating and not becoming...I don't really want a "bad Luke" scenario if I had my choice.

nightangel likes this.
  11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So pretty much episode 7 should have been titled
    Star Wars: Luke f's up the galaxy...again
    :p

12. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Like father like son

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    It is a "puh" in the way of hard to deal with, but of course interesting to see onscreen and why Luke changed that much. At the end of ROTJ, you think that Luke would be a character caring much for others (and much more caring than Obi Wan for example), so there must be a serious reason why he did something that bad as described in the rumours.

14. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    For those who thought that reboots can't happen because eps 1-6 are untouchable, just an FYI-

"A video from the Official Youtube Channel for Star Wars was just uploaded, announcing a new line of childrens books coming summer 2015 that will reimagine the films of the original trilogy…

“The classic saga will come to life like never before through adaptations by bestselling children’s authors Tom Angleberger, Adam Gidwitz, and Alexandra Bracken.

With art by famed Star Wars concept artist Iain McCaig. Each of these celebrated authors will bring their contemporary, unique voice to the galaxy far, far away, bridging the multi-arc storyline in anticipation of the release of Star Wars: Episode VII.”"

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    These skywalkers are the worst balance bringers ever

16. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It seems that this may be a push to reboot SW in some way. We now can get Darth Vader who will, I'm sure, be able to run, spin and do flips etc. etc. Like Star Trek 09, we get to see much more buffed and ripped characters because that's what the world wants...

Shadojoker and Darth_Bertie like this.
  17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    What I got from the MSW piece is that JJ wants to reboot goldilocks and the three bears, and that Vader will be playing mummy bears porridge.

TKT likes this.
  18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    If anything, that video says that TFA benefits greatly from the viewer being familiar with the OT as it is, not that there's a push to reboot the series. Again, rebooting SW would undo all their plans for the next six movies.

19. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    That **** is just too trippy lol ;)

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Vader 2.0. How imaginative. Well, I suppose for all those who have been praying with clenched hands for TFA to 'rhyme'?..Here it is. You'll all be as happy as a pig in sh..shugar ahem ;)

21. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    That's true. In my version, the bears devour Goldilocks, but not even Baby Bear thinks she tastes "just right."

[​IMG]

How's that for getting off topic?

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    All these rumors sound incredibly cool and exciting but DAMN if I can follow them all.

All this says to me is that I am glad I'm not 8 years old because there'd be no way I'd understand what the hell is going on. It all sounds very complex but let's hope it's not so convoluted and complicated that the average viewer won't know what the heck is going on.

Then again, one of the reasons this movie will do so well is that (a) the first time we see it we'll be shell shocked and starstruck by the fact that we are seeing another SW movie that we'll have to (b) see it a second time just to enjoy it but (c) see it a third time to figure out all the intricacies of the movie.

But with a 3 year old soon to be 4 year old girl, I doubt I'll have time to see it more than once in the theater.

23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I think Jason might be making things seem more complicated than they really are. He talks about the Vader/Bane themed helmet just revealed by IR and the Revan style helmet leaked by SWU as though they are separate helmets. They are most likely different concepts for the same look, or the difference reflects a concept vs the final product. Either way, I'm pretty sure they are one and the same. Note that one can see the etchings on the forehead in both images, and the toy too for that matter.

I'm pretty sure Ren will have one look, and that that look won't come across as Vader 2.0.

24. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Do you mean pigs in space?

Jcuk likes this.
  25. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Ha. That's good, but no ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.