main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Technically, that stuff may still be in play.

T-R- and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Sorry, I posted the wrong image. Mean to post the below 4-star.

[​IMG]

But in a funny way, my mistake makes the argument stronger. Even across rank and time, U.S. Navy uniforms haven't changed much in a comparable time period to the ROTJ-TFA span.

Zuckuss the Ruckuss likes this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    And for the record, that last image is of Admiral Frank "Skip" Bowman, USN (ret). Someone I know and admire! He's also a good amateur actor, in his own right. If someone knows anyone on the Episode 8 production, we should try to get him a small role as an Imperial (or Rebel) officer!

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well it's true, Funny how that happens. Coincidence? Not sure.

But you can look at the general pattern of responses.

The stuff that was supposedly debunked (like the tomb stuff, Luke's powers, Gleeson being Luke's son, Rey/Ren being siblings and the children of Han and Leia, etc) was met with "cool, that's awesome!" while the stuff that is supposedly true has had more of a "well, maybe that could work, let's see how it plays out when the movie comes out but hopefully JJ will make it work". In general, that has been the consensus (except for the hand which was never well accepted).

5. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

...we're going to hire winos to decorate their homes?

6. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    There doesn't really need to be any differences in the uniform details. What bothers me is why Boardwalk Empire's Al Capone is suddenly a seaman in that 2008 inspection image?

Krueger and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    OK, let me try that again, as the 1971 photo was of a Master Chief Petty Officer. These are the uniforms of two 4-star flag officers from the U.S. Navy. This is the change over a 33-year period...

Flag Officer (4-star), U.S. Navy Service Dress Blues, 1971:

[​IMG]

Flag Officer (4-star), U.S. Navy Service Dress Blues, 2004:

[​IMG]

I think the uniform is EXACTLY the same.

8. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

You know, I was thinking, in terms of Star Wars production schedule we're in a unique situation as this is the first time the trilogy has likely been plotted out and planned from the off. Although Lucas had the broad strokes of the last two trilogies he has himself admitted he was making it up as he went along changing much between the movies. Now they don;t have that luxury of time I'm sure things are almost entirely nailed down up to episode IX.....which makes me wonder how much of what we have heard or seen is still maybe in the running but for later movies and sources are getting mixed.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_tired]
    sometimes I feel like it would have been best if Making hadn't spoiled the movie this far off from release date and now other than official info there isn't much left.[face_devil]:p

10. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    There's loads left. Even IF we know the very basic gist, we don't know what is driving the characters, what they're like, what the look an feel of the film is. Still, no one has managed to say for sure how the saber links to Luke or why Luke is missing.

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    and the villains are still extremely vague.

Satipo likes this.
  12. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014

Shadojoker and Flapjack4 like this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and beyond official confirmation none of that stuff can be 100 % sure or accurate, before the current Making stuff there were rumors explaining these things and drive of characters that were different basically all over the place.:p

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  14. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    This is great. Would be so much fun to fill this whole thing in with fan storyboards! MakingStarWars, maybe nudge Andrew Owen Paul?

15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    True. But I do believe MSW will be proved to be largely correct in the basics.

Agree on the villains being vague. We have no idea why they are doing what they are doing.

On a side note, can we stop quoting the full run down in posts?

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  16. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Mods can you do the honor for this lost soul please??

[​IMG]

Zuckuss the Ruckuss likes this.
  17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's pretty hard to understand or know all the important things in the movie beyond speculation/interpretation without a script or official info.:)

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly what some of us have been saying.

19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    But through all of this we STILL don't really know that movie is actually about. I know it's hard to believe but all we have are sequence descriptions-general at that. The first part of the movie gets us to know the 3 main new characters a bit but we don't know what the overall point of the film is (except to make money).

Rey is pursued by stormtroopers so she has to escape the desert
    Finn is saddened by the death of his friend and has had it with "imperial" life
    Poe-seems like he's just working for someone. We really don't get much depth into his character at all.

As far as how any of them tie together other than coming across each other? We have no solid clue. We don't know what the bad guys want or even who they actually are. We have no idea what that real state of the galaxy actually is and why the so-called "empire" is around, whether it never went away or are on a comeback. So we have action scenes but no plot. That's why, to me, all of this doesn't really spoil anything.

20. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Exactly. Which is why I am just as excited now than I was at the beginning (perhaps moreso). My guess is that the new trailer will include more of a narrative than the teaser, but that it will still leave a lot of big questions unanswered. In any event, I predict that this place is about to get a lot more positive.

And on tomorrow morning's podcast, we'll be getting a big announcement from MSW...

21. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    That pretty much hits the nail on the head as far as how I feel. I was loving the Gleeson as Luke's secret agent son amongst other rumors. These new rumors leaving me feeling "meh maybe it could work". It sort of sucked a lot of the excitement out of me. Hopefully the new trailer will get me back to where I was two months ago before the latest rumors.

nightangel and T-R- like this.
  22. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Tomorrow's podcast will mention Anaheim, perhaps a peak at possible trailer description?

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Making will announce that he got the script.:p

Bennihana and nightangel like this.
  24. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    I'll be gone if that's the case. I don't want to know the whole movie before I see it.

25. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

He is having some fun. Its most likely just dealing with Celebration stuff. Although we may get more info on the trailer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.