main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    still doesn't necessarily have to be family vs family, Rey could still be related to Kylo but she may have to face a bigger threat which may not be Kylo....

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    There's always that possibility that both Rey and Kylo will face Snoke together. I think that may be a VERY strong possibility since they have a Rey/Kylo duel so early in the trilogy.

A twist on the Vader-saves-Luke thing. This time, it's not a quick throw off an energy shaft but an actual duel.

Snoke kills Luke.

Rey tries to face Snoke because she's the only chance.

Rey is struggling and then Kylo shows up WITHOUT his mask.

Kylo acts as a distraction, is killed, and gives Rey the opening to do something that defeats Snoke.

Same theme as the OT. Family vs family becomes family helps family.

3. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    That's what I've thought as well. If there IS a bigger threat, Kylo could end up joining forces with Rey. I don't think it'll be a last minute thing either. As that would be too similar to Vader coming to Luke's aid.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    assuming Snoke is your biggest threat to begin with....
    seriously not a fan of this old speculation, Kylo is redeemed and helps Rey fight Snoke and dies in the process and so does Luke, leaving only Rey. I think there is more potential for Kylo if redeemed to live.

5. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Wasn't there the rumour years ago (Before ROTJ) that GLs original treatment for a Sequel Trilogy would see Luke fall to the Dark side fighting Palpatine and it would be Leia who brought him back before they both faced him again, together? Or am I imagining things again ... Which isn't impossible :)

6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    who knows the ST rumors/reports with Lucas have been all over the place, kinda hard to know anything.
    for some reason I recall someone saying it was Leia or the sister (non Leia) that turns and Luke had to redeem her?[face_dunno]

-LordSkywalker- and I know like this.
  7. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Meh I think it be better if Kylo is beyond redemption.

8. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I wonder how much of a fighter Snoke is, though? I think that his apparently snake-like appearance may prove to be symbolic of his nature; as the snake is associated with hypnotic abilities, Snoke may be a character who relies on mental control of others. If he's a prophet, a holy man, this may be expressed in his ability to project his beliefs onto others.

So, I think he could be much more of a mentally powerful, rather than physically powerful character, and that he needs Kylo Ren for this reason. If this is the case, I think that Snoke may be less likely to be a combatant in a lightsaber duel scenario. Perhaps being more like an evil version of the original 'non combatant' vision of Yoda from the OT era.

9. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    All I know is that I would prefer not to see anymore lightsaber fights with puppets and/or CGI characters. I think it looks ridiculous. No matter how advanced the technology. It looked good with the Whitewalkers in GOT but, then again, they're just messed up humans so the visual isn't that off.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Snoke is Thulsa Doom.....oh wait that's Vader.[face_mischief]

Dra--- and Mungo Baobab like this.
  11. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I'd defintely second this. I don't see them going the CG lightsaber duel route this time.

Dra--- and Knessa84 like this.
  12. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I think that kylo is not pure evil but that he won't be 'redeemed' similarly to anakin either. I don't think rey is gonna come along and 'save' him; I think he's going to die in a somewhat ambiguous state. I still think the idea of kylo attempting a coup against the first order/splintering off is an interesting plot direction to go in. so what I'm predicting is, right now he's emotionally unstable w/delusions of grandeur, so it's fairly easy for him to do horrible things. I think at some point he'll feel guilty over it (even as someone who is really violent and obsessed with dark side he does it with a purpose) and shift his blame away from the resistance/han/leia/etc. and start to blame snoke/etc. instead and he'll end up dying in a sort of limbo state that will make us as fans debate over it for years. that's the direction I'd head in anyway. his final moment will be taking on the first order (but not with the resistance/new republic)

Dra--- likes this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

If he kills Han, then it's not going to matter if he lives or not. I don't think they are going to let him get away with first degree murder.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    assuming if redeeming and alive by the end that he's actually in custody and not somewhere in this gigantic Galaxy know as the GFFA.;)

Luke02 likes this.
  15. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

yeah. this is how I'd do kylo's arc:

Episode VII: scary, violent, but sloppy and unhinged villain. he's brutal and kills his own father, but shows some signs of emotional 'weakness'.
    Episode VIII: he starts to become eaten by guilt and increasingly hostile with snoke and the first order, blaming them for his descent into madness. in the third act, he splinters off and forms his own group that is against the first order but not allied with the resistance.
    Episode IX: believing himself to be beyond redemption (and knowing that his options are death or life in prison), he no longer cares if he lives or dies. he continues to do questionable things, but now he directs anger towards the first order, planning one last revenge attack that results in him getting killed (to make it all ;_; and stuff, rey witnesses his death but can't save him).

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  16. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

You obviously detest luke and the ot. as long as the new heroes get to be the heroes in 7 and 9 why cant luke have 8? why even invite Hamil to this ST if ye has no role, and no glory

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jofos likes this.
  17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    If even a single Sith is in any of the movies it's gonna make the whole prophecy about Anakin look like a big ****ing joke. The prophecy of one man who will destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force, only for them to return 30 years later. Very ****ing useful prophecy.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the prophecy never said for how long the there will be balance hence loophole.:)

Dra--- likes this.
  19. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015
    I think most of us are in agreement that bringing back the sith for the st would be kind of lame.

especially with kylo he's a villain who should definitely have something else going on.

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Like what? I mean people want to see lightsaber on lightsaber action. Light verses dark. It will always come back to that

21. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

dark side and lightsaber =/= sith

Dra--- and TheBBP like this.
  22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Well according to the great Emmet Brickowski, the prophecy is made up...but it's also true! :p

23. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The distinction between dark side and Sith is not important, and the "prophecy" was a misguided idea to begin with. It only made Anakin and his struggles less relatable.
    If Kylo and Snoke want to call themselves Sith, so be it, if they don't, it's cool too.

24. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Its ludicrous to me that people actually think the prophecy was for ever and ever. The dark side was not abolised after all.

Dra---, Blazer-Smith and Luke02 like this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

I agree but I do think the dark side rise needs to be carefully explain. It doesn't have to be very engrossed, just carefully explained. When we last left this universe, we already knew of one force user, Luke. And he was the ultimate good guy. I do like there seems to be an "awakening" of the force literally. It explained a lot how both evil (and good) are suddenly on the march in this movie. I also think it fits nicely back into the mythology of SW.

burg2774 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.