main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, but the age of my father and his agility was not the problem (he was a former soldier). My mother was ill for many years and I had to care for her together with my father. Some years after she died, my father became ill too and I had to care for him as well. That's why I'm critical with getting children at an older age. Ok, maybe it was bad luck for me. [face_sigh]

Up to the age of 7-8, my father played soccer with me, but later the illness of my mother changed all of this.

arjank, VMeran, dekaneas and 7 others like this.
  2. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I'm all for fun speculation! Some people on here get upset if your imagination runs wild but I think that's why these boards are so fun.

dekaneas, Knessa84 and starocean90 like this.
  3. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Do what does the 40 years say about Felicity Jones' character possibly being Rey's mother? How old is she supposed to be in Rogue One and how long does it take place before ANH?

T-R- likes this.
  4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Are you serious?

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  5. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I'm good. Just something minor on my Shoulder.

40 years huh? dzaamn

dekaneas and T-R- like this.
  6. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    What is the source of this new concept leak?

7. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I wish Bertie :p I'd trade this slab of meat for a robotic arm in a heartbeat.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  8. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It would be the same. Felicity Jones is young 30s so if they respect her age she will be older than Han by ANH.

Having TFA some 40 years after ANH makes sense given the OT3 ages. I have no problem with it.

VMeran likes this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    have to say my favorite is the Han concept , I do love the fact that all the Han concept art and the official Han look, he still looks like a gunslinger and based on rumors he still seems to be one. Having watched hundreds of western movies with my dad, always liked the old experienced world weary gunslingers, one last ride one last adventure.:D

10. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Do you care to share with the class on where you found these?

11. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    The actors age could be irrelevant too. If the character description said the Kylo role was supposed to be age 21, it wouldn't necessarily matter if the actor himself was 30. Older people play teenagers all the time. What matters is what age the character is meant to be in-universe.

VMeran and Django Fett like this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    And who is to say that a human female can have children into her 70's in a GFFA? Or a human male can be active into his 90's, this is science fiction and the only rule is there aren't any rules.

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes I know, but even when it is fiction, we want to take some ideas out of it for our real life. ;)

14. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Normally I would say the characters ages are flexible depending on who they want to cast, like if their top choice actor is a few years older or younger then whatever. In this case I do think the ages of the characters had to be somewhat consistent because of major events correlating with their ages. Like in Game of Thrones, several characters had to be born around the same time and all during a major event, so aging up Dany due to nudity and sexual stuff effectively changed the entire timeline of the story cause everyone had to be aged up accordingly.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    May be, but I think some people are still trying to make out that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are decrepit and have one foot in the grave. On the other hand you just have to look how active Harrison Ford is, to judge someone by their age is ridiculous as everybody is individually different.

nightangel likes this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Nothing confirmed as of yet, mainly all the theories people seem to have about the origins of the Knights of Ren, that Beyond thing and Snoke.

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think they should just release the trailer after the film comes out.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    starocean90 likes this.
  20. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    nice it's a Friday and I'm not busy on Sept 11 (if it ends up being true of course).[face_dancing]

22. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    1:39 though?...

Does this confirm it's another teaser? aren't we due for an official trailer already? jesus.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  24. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Okay, but if there's no trailer, September 11th will go down as one of the worst dates in human history.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    There are two trailers listed on that site. Trailer A is 1:21 while trailer B is 1:39. Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.