main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Do you guys know at what time will TFA premiere on Dec 14th?

10 pm or something like that?

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Where will it premiere on Dec 14th? In Germany it premieres on Dec 17th and in Netherlands on Dec 16th, but I never heard about Dec 14th.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/s...-premiere-set-for-december-14-in-los-angeles/

Darth_Voider likes this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Winston_Sith and Shadojoker like this.
  5. DeanVantis

DeanVantis Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 30, 2015
  6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

The LA premiere does not surprise at all. Like the article said, Disney really wants to put the symmetry of the OT together with TFA. Plus JJ likes in LA since it's his hometown and ironic enough is like George and is not one for being away from home much.

7. NostalgiaFan

NostalgiaFan Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2015
    Well I can't see anything to disagree about that then.
    I don't see how most is just "Subjective opinion". There is lots that can be seen and rightfully argued as wrong in the hobbit.
    No he did not do exactly the same, that is based on Subjective opinion. Legolas was wanked that I agree of course with scenes like the mumakil one but that was at least far in between and more extreme then anything he did in those films. The second and third hobbit films had him acting like that almost all the freaking time and it served to make it all worse then he was in the LOTR films.
    I agree
    Lighter in tone is not like the plain cartoonish way Jackson was executing those scenes on film was. He could have done it in a lot more humble way then going all out looney toons at times.
    I know. What I was talking about was that specific scene where that one Dwarf while still in a barrel was fighting those Orcs. That was just.... go look over the scene again you will know what I am talking about.
    I can certainly tell you that J.R.R Tolkien would be facepalming himself with how Jackson handled his "lighter" tone books.
    Yes he was and he was the best part of the first hobbit film and why I consider that to be the only good one.
    Still does not justify making all the Orcs look digital instead of using makup like they did in the LOTR films.

8. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    Who thinks we will see Snoke, Maz Kanata, or Max Von Sydow's character before Dec. 18?

9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Doubtful...

Shadojoker likes this.
  10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Hobbit is full of weak points, and a sad representation of the book, but what it does well it really succeeds in. I still think the portrayal of Bilbao is fantastic, and was the main reason I came back to each film.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snoke finally revealed!!! The "O" is for the original 1st Order of the dark side... O-snaps!!!

Revanfan1 and Luukeskywalker like this.
  12. NostalgiaFan

NostalgiaFan Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2015

Totally on point there. The actor who played him was one the few redeeming points in the last two movies.

I first thought you meant "Liquid Snake"
    [face_laugh]

Shadojoker likes this.
  13. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    Nipuhanipera said:
    To be honest the writer of this article is quite arrogant in his own beliefs. This film is about a new a generation we have to move on from ROTJ now. This film is about Finn, Rey and Poe the focus has to be about them not Han.

To be honest you're just as arrogant in your own beliefs. If everything that's out there is true Han will play a major role in the film. And while I don't disagree about passing the torch, if you are not going to use them bringing back characters from the OT only to kill them off or have a cameo role then in my opinion (which I admit is worth nothing) its kind of crazy.

JediMatteus likes this.
  14. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Whilst wearing a red wig made of Karen Gillan's hair. 100% confirmed, i tells ya!:D

15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hardly...

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that's your opinion... which i don't care about.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  17. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    Sorry totally off topic but from a casual fans point of view, i really enjoyed the desolation of smaug, i loved smaug and that final scene and the whole movie overall, i wasnt that keen on the first one and the last one was a snorefest. The barrel scene was a bit ott but then he goes even further to the absurd with the final scene in the last movie with the rock hopping.
    Keep in mind the impact of seeing these movies in an actual movie theatre vs at home, smaug lair scene being the stand out scene for me in all 3 movies.

SkywalkerOG, JediMatteus and Darth PJ like this.
  18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Imagine what I think of yours...

NostalgiaFan and propeller like this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it doesn't matter to me.

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    why holding Maz back, if she is not a surprise?

21. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    It's quite possible they're still tweaking the rendering of the character. They could really do this up until the last few weeks. Even after the movie is completely edited together with all other effects and music.

nightangel likes this.
  22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    You will not turn this into a PT vs OT bashing/gushing thread. This is the first and only warning since this has been stated again and again and again. Next offender gets a vacation in our lovely red-tinted Unban Request section.

Shadojoker and TheBBP like this.
  23. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008

I assume you're speculating (perhaps not entirely seriously?) that she's playing the daughter or this character and not actually Sana herself. (ages and all)

I very much doubt either frankly.

I reckon Sana is just a passing character with no consequence on the movies.

I could be wrong of course.

Claire1976 likes this.
  24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    It's not all that lovely tbh. It's cold and lonely.

Seeher and The Hellhammer like this.
  25. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013

Because none of the things you pointed out are particularly demonstrable.

When I state “he did exactly the same thing in TLOTR” you know I’m talking about Peter Jackson the director/filmmaker right and not Legolas the character? Can I ask if you’ve read TLOTR books? I think Jackson takes big liberties with both the characters of Legolas and Aragorn in TLOTR... but that’s adaptation for you. The point being is that Jackson is consistent with his approach. He adapts the characters/story to meet his requirements.

Blame Tolkien. I personally think The Hobbit is a great book, but it’s pretty much a kids story. I know exactly what you mean by “the Dwarf fighting in the barrel”. I think it’s a bit silly too. But it’s what? 30/60 seconds? And I think that’s more a consequence of Jackson trying to extend the set pieces rather than a dramatic shift in tone and approach.

I believe he would be thinking the exact opposite. Jackson try’s to give the Hobbit films way too much dramatic weight and darkness... when in essence the barrel chase, the Bag End scenes, the trolls etc. are pretty much the tone of The Hobbit. I personally feel the film would have been much better if kept light and fun, and kept to a maximum of two films...

It’s worth noting though that the Orcs in Jackson’s screenplay of The Hobbit are much more perfunctory/background than they were in TLOTR. So whilst I prefer the actors in masks/makeup versions, I understand why he opted for more digital version ‘hero shots’ in the latter films. That’s where filmmaker pragmatism comes in...

Anyways... this os kind of off topic... :)

26. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008

Luke: What's in there?
    Yoda: Only what you take with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.