main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    As in the force can gift a user many powers. But control over ones..erm..destiny? however you label it ;) unfortunately isn't one of them. Lol

2. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This conversation is quickly going down a dark path..which may lead some to that lonely place that resembles the Bahamas meets Jakku according The Hellhammer.

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    So according to John:
    Nobody has a clue? John thinks it's funny what fans think they know. Sounds like we don't know as much as some people think.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  4. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Have you seen the rubbish that is on youtube? Its laughable. We may not know as much as we think but I think we can work out utter trash when we see it.

5. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    No ... Can you describe something that's so far out it's funny? I'm interested. I don't really try beyond keeping up with this forum,

6. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

There's one video that has nearly a MILLION views where the guy describes the "plot" of the movie that's no where near reality. It's like this:
    [​IMG]

7. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    JJ Abrams been saying that consistently throughout the whole production. Even though MSW,SWU, and others have been reporting some good stuff...I got a big feeling that some wool have been pulled over our heads. Sure we still don't know too much..what if the things that we don't know are COMPLETE game changers??

Not only that..next film supposedly has Sith in it,possible guest appearance of Darth Vader (sans suit)..so one can only imagine the curveballs this movie is gonna throw with the First Order/Knights of Ren..etc

darthmomm and T-R- like this.
  8. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Abrams has never said all rumors are false. Quite the opposite in fact:

Source

So here you have Abrams confirming the leaks happened, and that some of the rumors are true. The conspiracy theory that it's all a ruse is one that should die.

9. Hanyou

Hanyou Jedi Master star 1

Oct 1, 2005

I wish Del Toro had directed The Hobbit. I always felt that The Hobbit, in spite of its setting, is more of a fairy tale than High Fantasy, and Del Toro is a master of atmosphere and visual storytelling. Barring that, FotR was also a decent example of the tone The Hobbit movies could have had. The world felt big, scary, and wonderful.

I'm not saying Del Toro would necessarily have crafted a perfect film, but even his big, "dumb" movies (see Pacific Rim) manage action that feels more focused and visceral than Jackson's post-FotR work. The Hobbit films are so busy and constantly loud that action too often feels small and inconsequential, and the whole tone suffers.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't think he was talking about random crackpot theories. There is one narrative that keeps getting discussed over and over, I bet he's referring to that.

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Apparently, J.J hasn`t given him a link to this forum or MSW. :)

CairnsTony and SkywalkerOG like this.
  12. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    Some of the rumors were correct.

1) Rogue Stormtrooper

2) Captain Phasma

3) Boba's Fett's grandma - Nana Fett.

All reported months ago.

One of the earliest rumors was from the set. It was reported ages ago that Stormtroopers use flamethrowers on Jakku villagers and this is what convinces 'Shark Finn' to turn to the good side. I reckon this is 100 percent legit.

13. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Just out of curiosity what do you think the answer is?

14. Thequeb5

Thequeb5 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2015
    At this point all we have is a few storyboard pics and a fan based narrative built around it. We don't even know who Ray and Finn are. We have a bunch of speculation that forum members go round and round about, But we have no context. What has the leaks really given us ? Ugh a storm trooper , and a girl whom may be Han or Lukes daughter. So I would say JJ has done his job.

darthmomm and Seeher like this.
  15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Well, hopefully we should have a clearer idea of what may or may not be accurate in around a week's time. If what we think we know is mainly wrong all it means is more surprises in December.

16. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    was just thinking that at the very least we'll have a real poster on october 19th.

17. Thequeb5

Sep 12, 2015
    You really think a trailer will clear up anything around here? Here is what the trailer will do " for members who see something that they suspected (CONFORMATION) " for the members who see something that does not fit their narrative (MISDIRECTION)

Seeher and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  18. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    A good deal more than that. The leaks told us that Finn witnesses some horror and defects, escapes with Poe in a TIE, crashes on Jakku, puts on Poe's jacket, meats Rey, who meets BB-8, who belongs to Poe, and that Finn, Rey and BB-8 escape from the First Order on Jakku.

The trailer confirmed Finn is traumatized by some event (bloody handprint on his helmet), that Finn and Poe meet up (SDCC footage), that Finn crashes on Jakku (SDCC), that he puts on Poe's jacket (myriad promo material), that BB-8 belongs to Poe (via promo/toys), that Rey meets BB-8 (SW Celebration/SDCC), that Finn and Rey team up (teaser #2), make it to the Falcon (SW Celebration image), that Rey pilots the Falcon (SDCC BTS footage), and that they escape Jakku (Finn "we go back to Jakku, we die" dialogue).

That's a huge amount of material, first reported by MSW et al, then confirmed by official sources. I fail to see how any of it could be misdirection, without it also being outright deception through advertisement. And outright deception is something I really, really don't expect, given Abrams's public mea culpa over the John Harrison/Khan debacle.

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    As we step back and look at what has transpired over the past 12-18 months, I think there has been a inserted effort or really campaign to let the first 1/3 of the movie slowly come out/leak. To me this was a stroke of genius. The reason being is that not only did it help rollout the new characters early, it made a lot of the chatter more about that then the last 1/3 of the movie since that seems where the hidden boxes are.

I also think you are both right in a sense. You are 100% correct that we know quite a bit about the movie thanks to spoilers. But as I said in another thread, in the four SW movies to come out in the "internet age", this is by far the least we known about what happens. Got to hand it to Lucasfilm and the filmmakers, they really have kept the project in a cloud of secrecy and while we been bemoaning how little "official" stuff has come out, it's also help keep the lid on what they wanted for the most part.

darthmomm likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    We are all being duped except one or two individuals -- Chosen Ones if you will -- with the power to see past the evidence and see their truth. That must make them feel quite special. :anakin:

TK327, Satipo and hippie1kenobi like this.
  21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

[​IMG]

22. Thequeb5

Sep 12, 2015

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Don't waste your time. Like climate skeptics, MSW skeptics will simply ignore evidence that contradicts their conspiracy theories.

Oh man. I've already considered which snacks I will be bringing/ smuggling, and came to exact same conclusion. Peanut butter M&Ms all the way. And perhaps some chewy, sour jolly ranchers.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
  25. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I would agree with that statement.

Dra--- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.