main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Got to read this review.. Finn arc going to be bigger in the next movie for sure..

http://www.laweekly.com/film/relax-the-force-awakens-is-the-third-good-star-wars-movie-6386394

Finn, or, as he's originally called, FN2187 — “That’s the only name they ever gave me” — was stolen as a baby and programmed from birth to obey. We meet him during his very first grown-up battle when his white plastic helmet is smeared by his friend’s blood. Seven films into the saga, this is the only time we’re allowed to empathize with a grunt. The emotion doesn’t last long. Soon, we’re rooting for Finn and his new friends to pew-pew-die his former colleagues, which is much less fun when you know they’re all brainwashed child soldiers.

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    100%
    Average Rating: 8.6/10
    Reviews Counted: 40
    Fresh: 40
    Rotten: 0

3. Catina barman

Catina barman Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2015
    Is 10:10PM here in Wellington, New Zealand. About to leave home to go to The Embassy picture Theatre to watch TFA in less than two hours. Cant believe this day arrived. Will post my thoughts in appropriate thread when I get home...

ColdLazarou, LANDO_ROCKS and TimeZone like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we knew this.

5. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Film starts in half an hour...turning my cell phone off now...i wont spoil anything but i'll share my thougts :)

yassir.khan likes this.
  6. Bowery_Tuff

Bowery_Tuff Jedi Padawan star 1

May 9, 2015
    Don't come in here with that no spoiler crap. Either tell us whether or not Chewbacca finally does some sick BMX tricks or don't bother.

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  8. nerdosapiens

nerdosapiens Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2015
    catlover43 likes this.
  9. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Han's death is going to be heartbreaking. Not ready for that..

10. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I wonder what we'll see a leak of the film? I'd be surprised if there wasn't a cam version uploaded by Tomorrow night.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    back from the first screening with mixed feelings:

-I try to do an as objective review as possible (maybe the movie will grow on me, we will see):
    -It was a spectacular movie regarding effects and visuals
    -The tone of the movie was quite dark, but there were some funny moments as well and they even came from the evil guys
    -Yes Kylo Ren was funny in a twisted way, when he went crazy and destroyed the rooms with his lightsaber.
    -Poe had his moments, but then he disappeared because the plot needed it, it left us wandering why
    -The movie felt like Star Wars halfway, the other half it felt a little more like Indiana Jones
    -
    so now we come to the main things:
    Yes MSW was spot on, but there are a few exceptions:
    -the freighter fight did not have Rey fighting the the guys, it were monsters released who killed the gang members
    -the Kylo vs Rey duel had Finn fighting quite good for some time, he did not loose an arm, but was injured at his shoulder from the cross guard + a strike on his back.
    -then Rey fought, first she was more on the run from Kylo, then she took over and defeated Kylo. She could have killed him and the collapsing mountain saved more Kylo then Rey. I think she showed some dark side tendencies.
    -Han was killed by Kylo (probably , since this movie left more questions than answering them.
    -First it seemed Han could reach Kylo, but then he stabbed him and he felt off a gangway. So maybe he is dead or not. o_O
    -we are also not sure if Hux lives, but he got last orders from Snoke (cought * Plagueis * cough) to pick up Kylo whose real name is Ben
    -Leia had no superweapon, it were only the X-Wings attacking the Starkiller base who was a planetbased weapon who was able to fire and destroy several planets at one shot.
    -
    now we come to Luke
    He was not in the movie (despite all the hope that I had :_|:_|:_|
    He really had his mute 5 seconds cameo :_|

No reunion of the big 3 :_|
    Han said Luke just left after a promising student of him betrayed him and went against him.
    Han/Leia were searching for him for years
    He was rumored to search for the first Jedi temple.
    Kylo is Han's son and Han knew who he was from the beginning
    And now the worst: Happy 1 1/2 years of guessing who Rey is, she can still be Luke's kid, Han/Leia's kid (despite quite doubtful now) or random :mad:[face_worried]:_|
    Han/Leia did not talk about having had a daughter
    Luke didn't talk either, so no idea :rolleyes:
    it seems the flashbacks were cut a lot and it were just a vision that Rey had when she opened a box in which Luke's lightsaber was
    just a shot of hooded Luke that we know from the trailer
    the known KoR rain shot we know as well and that was it, no fighting of anyone ect :rolleyes:
    We did not see Luke fighting as well
    Luke was quite much the appearance we know from the leaked pic, he only had longer hair.
    But only in case this was really Luke, since I'm not even sure about this as well:rolleyes:

Now let's go to audience reactions:
    there was some applause at the end, but it seemed it were mixed reactions as well.

no standing ovations, only nice applause
    a lot were talking outside of the cinema, several were interviewed
    just ask me more, maybe I forgot something.

Force22 and Shadojoker like this.
  12. ElizaD

ElizaD Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2015
    Please, tell me about Han and Leia.
    So they were searching Kylo?
    I can't believe they killed Han without solving Han and Leia status....

13. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    What's the deal with the light saber?

14. Deus1138

Deus1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Who the heck is cutting onions!? Knock it off.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  15. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    -Han/Leia had some bickering as always and no, Han/Leia status was not solved in this movie like most other things. The whole movie left us more wondering than answering anything :rolleyes:
    -Leia requested Han to bring their son back, before he went on the mission to Starkiller base.
    -I'm still not sold that Han is really dead.o_O
    -It can go both ways (maybe depending on if Ford will do another one), so a magic surviving this fall + stabbing is possible. We also didn't see Kylo + Hux escaping, but they also probably both life. o_O

16. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    do they say who is the chancellor of the new republic ?

17. ElizaD

ElizaD Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2015
    Thanks.
    So they have some sweet scenes....right¿

nightangel likes this.
  18. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, at least I didn't get it (when I watch a movie in original English language I get over 95% correct, only a few things may escape me when they speak very fast. ;) ). But Leia was set in charge by the New Republic to fight the First Order. ;)

STARBOB likes this.
  19. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Can you describe the opening shot?

20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    FO stardestroyer/starships arriving over Jakku, then a cut to Jakku village + stormies including Finn preparing to land.

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  21. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    nightangel,
    Can you describe the duel a bit more.. it sounds like Finn actually held his own for a bit!!!?? Thanks.

Pretty sure this movie left a lot of questions unanswered and it sounds like those flashback sequences DIDN'T WORK WILL at all.

22. The_Revanchist_

The_Revanchist_ Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2015
    Now they are just ripping the EU off ... literally ignoring its existance and now taking stuff from it...

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You'll fit in great here.

Seeher likes this.
  24. The_Revanchist_

Dec 15, 2015
    Now ripping the EU good job disney!

25. The_Revanchist_

Dec 15, 2015