main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I know, it's provocative right?

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  2. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    How about fatherless?

You know this is why I would love a trilogy about a female jedi. It would be interesting to look at female jedi reproduction. I know it sounds daft but I have always wanted to know if the force itself effects reproduction. Can mothers feel it in the womb? Can the force be manipulated to create self impregnation. Can siths be created at birth, are twins more susceptible due to the force. I know its not some wildlife film, I just think its an interesting angle not really covered. I think you could have fun investing in this kind of story line, who knows where it could lead. I feel it more interesting than man impregnates woman, then toddles off back to work so to say and not return until another 20 years later..

3. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I heard its Fred. Fred Kenobi.

burg2774 likes this.
  4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Actually, weirdly, there was a fake script apparently that featured MVS as Jon Kenobi.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well clearly whoever believed that... *puts on sunglasses* knew nothing
    :cool:

6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Jon also had three arms and Skellig was on the desert planet.

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I cannot see Rey being a Kenobi.

However, to play devil's advocate for a moment, there's much more they can do for a backstory in other movies if she were. They don't have to do anything fancy or cast anyone new as Obi-Wan because Ewan is right there and ready and would be perfect.

But, that being said, no, don't see it happening.

But maybe after Han left, Leia hooked up with Obi-Wan's long-lost little brother Jeff Kenobi. :p

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Nope, in case Han is not around anymore, there is only 1 person who can help Leia. :p

[​IMG]

starocean90 likes this.
  9. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Jeff Kenobi? That wizard's just...irresistible.

[​IMG]

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    As I said before, A Kenobi character doesn't actually have to come from Obi-wan's loins. It could be assumed that the Obi-wan had a sibling who went off and had a family.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

This being J.J.'s film that's spot on that we would not get everything answered regardless of who the parents may be.

Nothing personal, but on that note, even if I had a womp rat's carcass to give, I wouldn't. :D I keep saying it but all I'd like are good characters that pull me back into the universe.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Personally, I would WANT to know about Luke's wife. Who was she, what did she do, what was so special about her that Luke married her, etc?

Plus I'd be annoyed that once again SW considers the mother to be so unimportant that she doesn't even get a name/screentime (I'm looking at you ROTJ). Heck Bail Organa's wife isn't even named in the PT, and she gets like five seconds of screentime total.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    By popular demand of a vocal minority who had little else to discuss... this thread is re-titled. With that re-titling comes a renewed focus. This is not a thread for meme-spamming or offtopic discussion. Including discussing the thread's title. Discussion of anything aside from serious views on current rumors will be dealt with severely. Enjoy the severity. You're welcome, mini-mods.

Dra---, Jedi Merkurian , EHT and 2 others like this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Anyways I honestly highly doubt that either Rey or Finn or Poe will end up being a Kenobi, Finn is most likely unrelated and Rey is a Skywalker blood, either Solo or Skywalker.:)

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  15. crave_24

crave_24 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 10, 2015

This casting call said it could also be bi-racial or multi-racial for Rey's character.

[​IMG]

16. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Hey, thanks for that. I'd forgotten entirely about that image.

That description of "Thomas" definitely points to the idea that whoever it was, it was supposed to be Lando's kid, considering all the stuff we'd heard afterwards.

I do wonder if that's still on the table. Finn Calrissian.

It sounds so GOOD, but it just seems like a touch too much to have Boyega be Billy Dee's kid.

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  17. Homesick-Moose

Homesick-Moose Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2015
    "Anybody want a peanut?"

18. Homesick-Moose

Homesick-Moose Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2015
    No, no, no. There is only one choice for Kenobi Junior's given name:

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Just...re-posting this. :)

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Kenobi seems like it would involve more backstory then we really need. Plus gotta agree Kenbo Descendant and No Luke would just be weird.

21. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Notice how in Thomas description it says nothing about race, but Rachel was open to all etnicies.

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

So they wanted a white guy for Thomas then?

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Earlier concept art had him as white. And we know white actors read for the role.

24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I was saying it because it would be interesting, if Rey is finally an offspring character, to know why the auctions were open to all etnicies.

25. MoPic

MoPic Jedi Padawan star 1

May 1, 2015
    I feel like we've been through this "Thomas", "Rachel" audition stuff 8 billion times. This trailer or whatever it is can't come soon enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.