main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    so what are are talking about? :)

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I think it's a very appropriate analogy. The purpose of it is to suggest that a person does not need to set up an actual institution in order to ensure his or her enduring legacy. Jesus did not create a church (Jedi Order). He simply taught a few followers. It was a few of his main disciples who codified his teachings, and set up the first church.

So even if Luke does not actually set up a fully functioning Jedi Order, his teachings may endure for millennia.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Precisely. Which is why we generally don't mind silliness in here or broader discussion. Once a character or planet or whatever starts getting specifically detailed, that's when we need to move to labeled threads so anyone who is looking for that topic has it easily accessible. But, this thread is best served as a catch all and "sorting" station.

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    As a friendly reminder the mods asked us not to talk about the person formerly known as L...E in this thread. [face_batting]

6. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    This thread is totally worth staying open. This is where initial rumors come in and get fleshed out. If they carry weight, then the discussion moves on to their respective thread. News has been slow this weekend, but it will pick up before we know it.

Blazer-Smith, Darth_Bertie and Satipo like this.
  7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i still wish there was a sith tomb. :_|

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So I assume by the end of the year Episode 8 will have its own thread?

Darth Haggai and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Yup. And if we only had character/ planet or whatever threads, it would reinforce the "camp" and "scoreboard" mentality that can often be the feature of those discussions. At least here, we can discuss The Force Awakens, and not just "This or that character is too super-powered and/or being nerfed."

Satipo and bobbyroberts like this.
  11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    or it's own board.

Blazer-Smith and Satipo like this.
  12. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Said it before: the Sith tomb rumour sounded great. I just loved everything about it.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Still not up to scratch on correct jargon. :oops:

13. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    That means Disney is going to run Star Wars into the ground.

14. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Oh, OK.

This is a silly place sometimes. :)

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

There are far too many stories to tell and many eras of the mythos to choose from. It will take a long while to run it into the ground.

16. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Yes because they totally ran Pixar and Marvel into the ground.

[​IMG]

17. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I wouldn't say it's off the cards, it seems there was development into this idea if we go on past rumours plus current EU looks to be exploring the theme of Sith Temples and ancient Jedi outposts. It may just be pushed for a spin off/Episode 8. The films for the first time aren't been developed in isolation and have been worked out in advance in a way we never got with any of the other 6.

18. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    If it hasn't happened in the last 35 years, it's probably not gonna happen.

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    That's such a pedestrian view. It really is. Very easy thing to say.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    DLB: That's fine you think it's appropriate but just because the analogy works for some hardly means it works for all (like me which doesn't believe what you state to begin with).

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am quite certain that each and every commonly held point of view that you happen to have a minority stance against does not require being continually telegraphed.

22. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

I don't believe we will see anything about a tomb in TFA, but I bet you anything we will see something about there being a Sith Shrine underneath the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in future movies. They threw that into the novel Tarkin and you just know the prospects of going into the subterranean places under the temple would just be way too cool.

23. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    This thread works great... until folks have an agenda that gets caught on a loop. I kind of like when the topic changes every 2 hours to a new discussion.

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Yup, on a visual level it could be stunning. Clone Wars was to explore this concept before cancellation.

I have a strong feeling a lot of early rumours from the movies development shouldn't be thrown out just yet and I would bet money on concept art and ideas for 8 and 9 were done in conjunction with 7. It's not a stretch to think some of that got out with the rest of it, we just may not see it pan out for a few years.

25. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.