main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The New SAFF Hospital

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    My left upper gum is very painful atm. No idea why. Unfortunately the waiting list to see a dentist here is a considerable wait and quite costly. Plus since we have no resident dentist at the hospital, then it looks like I might have to wait till I get back to Adelaide next month :(

Until then, I've been using fair amounts of listerine, Bonjella and Panadol Rapid to heopfully subside the pain [face_plain]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sounds like an abscess LTG, maybe you do need to see the emergency Dentist if you can let him know its urgent. They can get infected badly and you can lose the tooth or get blood poisoning.....maybe see your GP and get some antibiotics at least.

3. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Or - drink a bottle of vodka.

Can't hurt & will probably dull the pain whilst you're passed out......

4. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Some of us remember the effects of said bottled beverage on LTG [face_thinking] :p

5. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I agree with Addie LTG. I just sent home a patient that has been on my floor (at the hospital I work at) for the last 3+ weeks with a dental abscess. She ended up going septic and will be on a course of IV antibiotics for the next 6 weeks. If you are having pain, you really need to get it seen to. I understand your medical system is different to the one I'm used to but this really could be urgent. It is worth paying the money now to avoid the complications later!!!

6. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    I hope for you sake that it is not an abcess, but if it's not getting better, and it develops a bit of a lump then it sounds like it could be one.

Having unfortunately gone through this recently, I feel your pain, but you have to go see a dentist. If it is an abcess, it will not get better on its own. Once mine burst, it got better temporarily, it went up again and I had to see the dentist. I don't know what my dentist did exactly, but he had to numb my gum to do it, and while it was sensitive for quite a while afterwards, a week later, it is a lot better.

I know the pain is unbearable, but it will only get better if you see someone! They need to clean it up and make sure it will get better and not worse.

My dad had one a long time ago and he lost his tooth. I still have mine, so getting to it early if you can is important.

7. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    Thanks guys [:D]

I've made an appointment at the dentist, unfortunately the next available appointment is in 2 weeks, and not to mention it costing me a fortune!

Hopefully it's nothing major. I hate dentists. [face_plain]

8. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Its an emergency and they are making you wait 2 weeks? Did you tell them what the issue is? Mine was all booked up, but they managed to fit me in because it was urgent.

I hope you are feeling better.

9. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    I rang the only other dentist in town, and they can fit me in next week,(instead of my previous appt. whch is in 2 weeks) which is fantastic. As an added bonus, they are cheaper aswell.

Services down here are pretty shocking. I let them know it's urgent but apparently there is nothing they can do...[face_plain]

10. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006

I saw the dentist today. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the problems I am having with my gums is caused by my medication. The bad news is that I need 12 fillings :_| Too much apple juice has given my teeth holes [face_plain] Other than that, my teeth are in pretty good nick, thank Godness.

I had my teeth cleaned today, which was an interesting experience. It's the fillings that are going to kill me. Yhe cost of them [face_money_eyes]

11. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    12 ??:eek:

oh, you poor girl :(

12. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm hoping they are 12 small ones, they dont take long.....lord, you'd best start saving!!

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    crawls into empty bed and pulls up quilt...... So cold.....and then so hot.....and the cough is murder.

15. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Anybody have anything to keep me awake? (and still lets me sleep at night) and allowed in other countries?
    I have pretty much book de-Tour. (50 days of it) and its kinda daunting. . .

16. Commander_Barriss

Commander_Barriss Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2008
    To all Mum's trying to chase down children on a playground is a bad idea. I have fractured my foot, bruised the bone and torn some tendons, to top that off i have a throt infection and am having more problems after the miscarrage. So what a great month we've had huh. :_| [face_worried]

17. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    :_| So sorry to hear that.

[:D]

18. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Sorry to hear CB.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    CB, I didn't know about your loss, and having lost two of my own, my heart goes out to you. Always here if you need to talk, and it does help. As for the foot, I can relate, I've had some mean injuries from kids....my daughter broke my nose in a tantrum. The foot will heal, as will your throat, probably a little faster than your heart. [:D]

20. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Sorry to hear CB ... @};-

21. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    switch to seltzer water or water itself. Thats what I did. I don't drink anything with sugar or eat cookies.

trust me its neccessary.

22. Commander_Barriss

Commander_Barriss Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2008
    So to start off the new month as if a busted foot wasn't enough i now have a blood clot in my leg which is causeing an unreasonable amount of pain[face_beatup] . Also thank you to everyone who gave us thier support recently. We really appreciate it. :*

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Time to rub you out and draw you again honey!!! Like I said via PM, this is obviously your Annus Horribilis . Time forget this year, and look forward to the next! [:D][:D]

24. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    [:D]Really sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment, it really sucks, I hope things turn around for you very soon.

25. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Take care CD :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.