main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Wow, that new trailer. Just incredibly cool. So many things to point out and mention. The Sith we saw looks fantastic. I am hoping this is someone who has studied and lived the Ancient Sith, rather than some upstart who just kind of decided he liked red better than any other color.

2. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I agree Vassago. That was an amazing trailer, and I cannot wait until December. Kylo Ren looks badass. The short snippet of him slashing the lightsaber and commanding (?) the clones make it clear that he isn't just a pretender Sith. He is going to be a formidable opponent for the possible Skywalker or Solo Jedi child.

But I believe he is ultimately just a tool for a greater Sith/force user.

3. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    That's what will be interesting. We are flying blind, so to speak. Like with Episode IV, no one (really) knew of the Emperor. So, with this new film, we don't know who is pulling the strings, if anyone. Also, the wide shot with the Troopers, there's a big flag hanging in the background and I have no idea what the symbol is on it (definitely not the Galactic Empire's symbol). Beware of potential trailer spoilers and check the screenshot here.

4. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    It may or may not be a Grand Admiral. But we are almost certain there is a greater antagonist. He is described as being able to cheat death or looking like a zombie. Hey, you never know.

5. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Was also excited to the *trailer spoiler* Shadow Trooper live and in the flesh. So, we already see some of the EU coming into play.

6. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    So...

From what I'm reading it seems Ren is a collector of Sith artifacts, or at least it seems to be something he is interested in. Also, getting a closer look at his lightsaber hilt it looks to have some very foul craftsmanship. It lends to the idea that the unstable looking nature of the blade is definitely due to him not being properly trained. Also, it almost looks like Vader's hilt with some crude additions. Still much to be determined, as I am staying spoiler-free (in terms of major plot points), this is all speculation on my part.

[​IMG]

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Artifacts... Ancient Sith ahoy?

*readies his Retcon Hammer*

Sent from the World

8. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    That seems to be the idea. Also, in reading some of the plaques for the costumes on display it seems the troopers are not Imperial troopers, troops for "The First Order". So, I mean, that name alone could mean a great many things pertaining to the Sith.

[​IMG]

Also, looking at Ren's costume it looks to me to have some influence from Ancient Sith. Well, again. Completely speculative on my part.
    [​IMG]

Also, for those of us that enjoy Shakespear, I saw this on the Live Stream and enjoyed it immensely. This is the best quality I can find at the moment - Palpatine himself, Ian McDiarmid, reading from a new book, Star Wars: Shakespeare.

Sinrebirth and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Clone Wars season 6 would have featured the Jedi discovering the Sith Temple under the Jedi Temple and a Yuuzhan Vong scout ship.

Yes I said that.

Yes concept art and storyboards are new canon.

Yes Yuuzhan Vong are canon.

Sent from the World

10. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Sounds terrible. :D I know they were exploring new stuff in Clone Wars and, with the acquisition by Disney, everything was cut short but did they state that the storyboards were canon? Or are you just saying that?

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    They've been showing Storyboards of the Utapau arc, which are now canon. And of course 8 episodes are now the Ventress/Vos novel. And however many episodes have turned into the Maul comic.

So... Moreso than not.

Filoni is quoted as saying, to paraphrase, 'after Maul came back everything was open', in respect of the Vong.

Sent from the World

12. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, if the Vong show up on Rebles that's fine. I'd prefer to keep them out of the realm of the films, personally.

13. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I just came across this image of Kylo Ren's helmet.
    [​IMG]

Looks a lot like Vader's. Possible Kylo could be a fanatic who has been obsessed with the idea of the Chosen One or with Vader himself. I'm also wondering if the charred/melted helmet of Vader's helm we see is being kept as a trophy by this guy. Again, many questions left to be answered. This kind of leads away from this being someone who is obsessed with ancient Sith and more someone who is fascinted with Vader and his legacy. As cool as I think this is, I would love to see us move in a new direction with the Dark Side and the Sith in general; more exploration of Sith lore, datacrons, ancient Sith lore, etc. Again, just seeing these little things popping up and making my own conclusions. I could be way off base.

14. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Iron_lord likes this.
  15. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Interesting new approach, but I always thought this should have happened a long time ago. I'm hoping he majority of the EU can, at soe point, be brought in and made canon.

As for Kylo Ren and "The First Order." I'm hoping that this will end up being Palpatines contingency plan that moved forward but got jacked by Kylo Ren and this First Order was the result. More like a cult rather than an Empire. The Sith were always more of a religious cult anyways, which is why I love the line Tarkin said to Vader. "You are all that is left of that ancient Religion."

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  17. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey, I was there at that event. :)

But, unfortunately, since SWTOR is confirmed not canon I guess it doesn't really matter.

18. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What's everyone's thoughts on Kylo Ren? Not sure what to think of the mask, but I hate the cloak.

20. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Hate the cloak? Why...? All good Sith have a cloak.

The mask is good, if you check my post above you see there's a bit more to it. But, if you want to stay completely pure of any possible spoilers, at all, whatsoever, besides the trailer, then don't look. Nothing I posted is so significant it will ruin the movie for you, but some folks like to be surprised. I keep reading that the mask "looks like Revan!" I have to disagree. It doesn't, really. Beyond the visor, it looks nothing like Revan's mask. Also, people, please. Stop. It's not Revan.

My thoughts on him vary. Too little is known about him. On the one hand I want him to be a collector or someone who archives and studies [ancient] Sith knowledge. I want a complex character who is not concerned with so much the militaristic side of ruling the Galaxy, so much as he wishes to conquer in through this knowledge he seeks. Due to this, he's seen as an outcast among the others, almost like an outsider. I want him to be less of "known threat" ( in the way that Vader was the Emperor's symbol, in a sense and the people feared him) but someone who is earning the fear of the masses by carving through them, in the name of the Force. A fanatic, if you will.

On the other hand I have a feeling he may just be the minion of another ruler, or rather someone who seeks to rule in Palpatine's place. Which is just fine, however I prefer the idea I presented.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When you explored Ludo Kressh's tomb in KOTOR II, I wish that Kressh's spirit appeared and ranted about how Naga Sadow ruined everything.

22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Lord Vassago, I very much agree with your idea presented. I like the idea he is seeking out everything he can about the Sith. It fits with my Cultlike theory of the First Order, as well. The OT focused on the Military might of the Empire and Luke becoming a Jedi, and less on the threat the Sith themselves posed.

The PT focused far more on the Sith and the mechanisms used to gain their Military might, and their victory over the Jedi.

I'm hoping we see it the ST, the evolution of the Sith in the open, making it known they exist and intend to remain so.

23. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I apologize for the double post, but the option to Edit has expired.

Which existing prequel character could Max von Sydow be in episode VII?

> "...broken man from the prequel area that has become mostly cyborg. He is not force sensitive and for some reason collects artifacts that we've seen at critical points during the previous films, particularly ones relating to the Jedi and the Sith."

>"The contention is that he is an existing character from the prequel films, and the revelation of his identity will shock viewers...Sydow's character is "not overtly" a villain, but has some sort of Sith connection."

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Possibly an Imperial of some kind. But the pool of 'living Imperials from the movies' is very slim unless some survive off-screen.

Be careful with spoilers, clearly, speculation is another thing but nothing confirmed outside of the trailers for now.

Sent from the World

25. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Could be anyone. It could be some one we aren't even aware of, just someone made up and said to be "from the prequel era". Or, it could be a nice reveal. I'd rather not know for this reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.