main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Indeed. I imagine Ruin was a similar enemy to them, hence them meeting him (perhaps in an altogether hostile way). Their entire race was destroyed and thousands of years of effort put in to vanquish the Sith pantheon; they definitely didn't want to go through that again.

I do not like the thought of the Force having any agency, but with it seeming more unlikely than not that Plagueis was responsible for Anakin's creation, I do wonder whether these last of the Celestials were responsible for both the prophecy, and the realisation of that prophecy in creating Anakin. And that perhaps Kreia viewed the Force as an evil deity more because of the influence of the Ones whose will had percolated throughout the Force. It would be interesting if the "will of the Force" amounted to little more than opening oneself up to being influenced by the Celestials, and the Sith's focus on breaking their chains and imposing their own will on the Force isn't just rhetoric, but a (mostly unintentional) way of breaking free of the Celestials' cosmic manipulation.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder which is more likely to be canonized: Sith Purebloods or Rakata?

3. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Sith Purebloods. I will go with them because they could use that as a plot to a potential spin-off or graphic novel etc. Introducing Dromund Kaas and the Sith Purebloods who were inhabitants of the planet. But I'm not sure if Dromund Kaas is canon anymore so that might never pop up in a future movie/novel or comic.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Ziost just lost a lot of...

... Life.

... And a lot of colour too.

Sent from the World

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Isn't Ziost inhabited in the LOTF series? Assuming that TOR is still part of the standard Legendsverse, and not a third continuity - maybe Nathema-esque rituals don't render a planet permanently uninhabitable.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's uninhabited but habitable, frozen in snow and with stuff buried beneath the surface. I think one of the Citadel remnants remains.

Sent from the World

aalagartassle likes this.
  7. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    darklordoftech I know you've always been something of a critic of Vitiate (as have I, to be fair). These recent developments have made Vitiate pretty karking scary, and perhaps more compelling for it. Have your thoughts on the character changed any?

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The one thing that would change my opinion of Vitiate would be if he's revealed to have been possessed as a baby. Nonetheless, seeing Ziost transform was cool.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Are the beasts of Dxun naturally occuring or are they Sithspawn from the Spirit Protector's time?

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine they're old school Sithspawn, remnants of what went before.

Sent from the World

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    By "Old School" and "What Went Before", do you mean the Spirit Protector and whoever came with him to Onderon?

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's the one.

Sent from the World

13. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm thinking the destruction of Ziost might explain the prominence of Korriban after TOTJ. I assume Sith of Ruin's lineage colonised Ziost so as to make sense of the dark side aura described in LOTF, but otherwise, I think the favour Sith have consistently displayed for Korriban at last has some IU reasons behind it.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I think the dark side malaise around Ziost by 4 ABY will just be remnants from before mixed in - it may explain why the spirits on Ziost were less potent than those on Korriban.

Ship survived because he was under the surface, also...?

Sent from the World

15. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Well, at last my question of whether Force drain (and similarly all-consuming rituals) affects spirits is answered. I suppose the Sith form of immortality is pretty absolute, for survival of Force drain to be possible.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I seem to recall on Naethema an AI survived but only by being switched off. So perhaps Ship survived due to that.

Sent from the World

17. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    What's the issue with Vitiate?

Could be Boba Fett. I mean, there's not a lot to say he's cyborg or not. But, I don't know. Could be a stretch.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Vitiate has a ritual which consumes a planet and feed back the absorbed life energy into him to make him powerful. He managed to pull it off on Ziost.

Which now looks like Pompeii, ash and greyscale and all.

Sent from the World

19. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Is what Vitiate did to Ziost supposed to be the exact same as he did to Nathema?
    Because I feel like the outcome of Nathema as described in the novel Revan is different than the outcome on Ziost. If I remember correctly Nathema was a place that was sickening to force users yet on Ziost this is different.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Naethema didn't give birth to monsters either. Perhaps it was different because Ziost is far more steeped in the dark side.

Sent from the World

21. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004

Right. I'm aware, as I'm currently active in SWTOR. Just curious what there was to be critical about.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the TPM novelization, Sidious reflects on the importance of patience. He recalls how Darth Bane's patience saved the Sith and notices that Maul lacks patience.

Naga Sadow seems to be an example of impatience destroying the Sith. Invading the Republic too quickly destroyed the Sith Empire. Maul's lack of patience is demonstrated in TCW when the first thing he does is take control of Mandalore. Sure enough, this attracts the attention of Sidious, who puts Maul in his place.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's an interesting post from Lit:
    Yavin being the site of the "extinction" of the Sith is an interesting theory.

24. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    IIRC Kun didn't completely wipe out the Massassi, some of them survived and became part of the Wizards of Tund.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagine that Tech is referring to the 'new canon'.

Potentially the Sith were undone at Yavin in the new timeline.

Which to be fair isn't impossible even in the old continuity. All the Sith Lords at Ruusan? Obviously not.

Question in respect of the Sith who messed with Voss - it was a world that was discovered by the Republic at the same time as the Empire... Yet one where Jedi and Sith had fought before... Shall we assume these Sith are also those aligned with Dreypa, Hord and Syn in continuing the war?

Sent from the World

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.