main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Correct. I was talking about the new canon. And good point about Ruusan.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The 'Yavin Convention'...

I wonder what happened at Yavin... Slaughter and genocide comes to mind.

Sent from the World

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Canon:
    - Moraband
    - Onderon
    - Yavin
    - Malachor was mentioned in TCW

Non-canon:
    - Ziost
    - Dxun
    - Dromund Kaas

Malachor's mention in TCW is interesting. It suggests that Malachor is avoided by people. It makes you wonder what occured there.

I guess Onderon is a step towards Dxun. I thought Dxun becoming a Mando base was awesome.

No sign of Dromund Kaas, but if it ever shows up, let's hope that's it the creepy place from Mysteries of the Sith and not the Imperial Coruscant knockoff from TOR. Maybe if the Prophets of the Dark Side show up, Dromund Kaas will then be mentioned.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hmmm. It'll all come together, Sith wise. They'll love the rich backstory.

Sent from the World

5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if the bas relief in Sheev's office depicts this very battle. It would be fitting for an image of the final battle before the "extinction" of the Sith to be in the background of those scenes.

Sinrebirth and Darth_Dreadwar like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That, I like. Like how the mural behind Sidious and Maul as they duelled on Mandalore showed the Mandalorian Wars.

Sent from the World

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In TOTJ: Redemption, Ulic remembers Massassi snipers on the temple rooftops. That would have been cool to see in The Sith War.

Iron_lord and DurararaFTW like this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Does Yun-Yuuzhan actually exist?

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  9. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

If I remember correctly, They planned to have the Yuuzhan Vong in TCW, so its conceivable that their history could become canon.

10. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    I could have sworn Dxun was in some canon material, I could be seriously wrong though. Moraband haha still find it a funny rip off of Korriban. Korriban sounds much more devious and Malicious to me.

11. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Are you familiar with Lord Insipid's theories, linking Yuuzhan'tar/Yun-Yuuzhan to the ancient Sith pantheon?

I tend to err on the side of thinking that every deity and myth in the GFFA doesn't just have a nugget of truth to it but for the most part is entirely historical. Given the existence of godlike superintelligences, I think that'd be a more reductionist accounting for Star Wars' various religions than the typically simpler solution (of agency detection systems in primitive sapients gone overboard etc.) So I think Yun-Yuuzhan actually existed, in so much as an intelligence - perhaps a Sith deity, for the sake of restoring elements of the original plan for the YV being Sith - bound to the planet Yuuzhan'tar (in like manner to Danar's spirit being bound to Nilrebmah) existed.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Tuk'ata will be canonized. They sure gave Kun trouble in DLOTS.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I came of this opinion because of the Yuuzhan Vong impossibly speaking a dead language from the main galaxy, the fact that their genome is also impossibly similar to the human one, and their technology is a perfect counter to the gravity based Celestial one. It's almost as if an entity crafted them to defeat the Celestials and lost control of them in the millennia interim.

Little thought - canon is flaky on when the Rift Disaster which made the Kathol Rift, either some non specific Dark Jedi or as a Celestial construct. All we have is a Jedi without a lightsaber chord to attempt to date it.

But I'd argue that the only way it can work is if the Jedi is in-fact wielding a Forcesaber, and it's circa 25,000 BBY. Thoughts?

Sent from the World

Darth_Dreadwar and Iron_lord like this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Remember when Naga Sadow's holocron was the one and only Sith holocron?

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Pretty sure the TotJ handbook gave us Adas', the Dark Holocron and Sadow's Holocron, actually. So we always had a minimum of three.

Sent from the World

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was referring to when Odan-Urr says, "the only Sith holocron, as far as anybody knows."

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Did Revan learn the Thought Bomb ritual from Vitiate? Vitiate's ritual seems awfully similar to the Thought Bomb,and we know that Bane learned about it from Revan.

18. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    I don't remember reading that he did. Yeah I agree because Vitiate had all of the most powerful Dark Lords gather together and do the ritual. Bane had Kaan and the Brotherhood of darkness gather in the cave and do the ritual.

However Vitiate's ritual proved much more fatal and powerful because his resulted in the destruction of the planet, wiping out the force and all living things. The Thought Bomb didn't have near that effect, even though it did wipe out much of the force within a certain radius.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Vitiate had the Sith Lords, only. When he did the ritual there was only one Dark Lord at a time.

Being as Shar Dakhan is the only known survivor of the Sith Council that followed Marka Ragnos, I imagine he was the Sith that 'sever Force' was used on, and also the Dark Lord who followed the exile that Ludo Kressh put into place when he was Dark Lord.

Being as Xoxaan and Syn each had tombs in the Valley of the Dark Lords, are we to assume they took the throne at some point?

Currently we have Pall, Parshol, Andeddu and Hord definitely confirmed as Dark Lords from that era.

Further thought, is Xoxaan the Sith sorceress who devastated Ambria, I wonder? Xoxaan's legacy is pretty minor save for her Holocron - she did not seem to do anything during her life otherwise.

I've already mentally retconned Syn into the Sith Master on Sigil, for my part, as an alchemical genius.

Lastly, are we to assume Kressh's Sith are behind the attempt on Chamma in 4400 BBY - as his faction of Sith attempted a coup from Athiss in 4600 BBY? The old Sith Empire has a triangle of forces acting within it if so... Which makes the timeframe all the more curious.

More interesting is that we have parts of the Caldera never discovered by the Republic - Dromund and Bosthirda clearly - parts which they surveyed but obviously assumed were still abandoned and Vitiate could quietly retake them - Ziost and Athiss being the main two - and parts that the Republic incorporated enough to patrol and regularly do so - from Korriban round to Begeren, for example.

Final thought of the day - Vitiate clearly is opposed to Sadow's Sith and abandoned Shar Dakhan's Empire, but the Kressh faction joins him. Does this strengthen Vitiate's claim as the legitimate leader of the Sith, rather than by his simple seizure of it. Both Sadow, Kressh and Shar Dakhan are Dark Lord's, legitimately so, after all...

Sent from the World

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The room where Luke and Han receive their medals is always described as a throne room. I wonder, is this where the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith once sat? It would be ironic if Leia awarded medals from what was once the throne of the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Darth Master Titus likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Kun and Sadow had their own specific Temples/crypts I think.

Perhaps a throne for Vitiate?

An Emperor's throne room!

Sent from the World

22. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    If that did happen darklordoftech, I think they would have mentioned it in a novel somewhere. That would be an intriguing story though. Like say if Luke returned there, after so many years being all powerful in the force; when he returns he can feel the presence of a Dark Lord of the Sith, similar to how he and Leia can feel the presence (probably a better word to use to describe presence) of Sidious over Endor after so many years.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about the canon universe.
    [face_laugh]

That is an intriguing thought...

24. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    So, there was a leaked synopsis of TFA and it seems to be that, would it be true, Kylo Ren is a Sith obsessed with Vader. I had heard that was a possible story line/plot point, but I think, it cheapens the entire thing to do that.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That was among the first rumours. Later ones included that he collected Sith artefacts generally.

Sent from the World

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.