main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    You're right about that. I only raise an objection about the way that Sidious doesn't see him as anything more than a tool rather than an heir to the Bane lineage. Whereas back in the day I assumed that if Maul had survived TPM, he'd have been the PT's Dath Vader.

Sinrebirth, didn't Plo Koon also use lightning in the game Jedi Power Battles? Can games of that era be considered canon?

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He is using a light side power called Electric Judgment, but the game is non-canon. Most games are, and those that aren't, their Light Side endings are the canon.

About Maul, I like to think that Maul was never going to a Sith in Plagueis' eyes only. Then again, Sidious had no intention of ever being replaced so it makes sense that he would neglected Maul and his training.

Maul has declared himself Dark Lord of the Sith in the Clone Wars, however...

3. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    I suppose what I am trying to convey is that this revelation in Plagueis is quite new and requires time to digest. I've believed for thirteen years that Maul was a true Sith Lord whereas I;ve only had a few weeks to come to terms with the truth.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, if a Sithling has the knowledge, power guts and resources, he can declare himself a Sith Lord if he so wishes. Happens all the time in the EU, after all. It's not all about the guy in charge anointing you - Krayt ignored what his predecessors had to say about him, after all.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    However, Luke Skywalker used a Light Sided Force Lightning against Killiks in the Dark Nest Trilogy. Was either referred to Electric Judgment (like what Plo Koon used), or Emerald Lightning due to its green coloration.

6. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    ****Sits back and watches electric tendrils crackle over his knuckles****

Jedi.... scum....., they can only kill bugs with it. They limit themselves

7. Rotticus

Rotticus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2012
    Teegirloo

Ok, since there are no "paragraph" requirements I will make this one straight to the point...Here is what is wrong with each line

The JedI Code
    "There is no emotion, there is peace"
    answer: Without emotion, there is NOTHING
    "There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge"
    answer: You cannot gain knowledge without ignorance
    "There is no passion, there is serenity"
    answer:If there is no passion, than there is no meaning or desire for anything
    "There is no chaos, there is harmony"
    answer:The Jedi cannot stop chaos
    "There is no death, there is the Force"
    answer:There is only the Darkside

Here is the Sith code in my own words, line for line

The Sith Code
    "Peace is a lie, There is only passion"
    Passion is uncontrollable, it is a strong emotion that fuels you. Peace is for the weak
    "Through passion, I gain strength"
    Passion comes from desire, which is the motivation for strength
    "Through strength I gain Power"
    Strength gives the ability to control, my power is strength
    "Through power i gain victory"
    Victory is essential, if I am to be strong. No one can stop me

(I gave this my best effort, my writing skills have always lacked... Very thought provoking)

Dark-Fox likes this.
  8. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Not that I wish to be too argumentative master but during the Rule of Two era surely an anointment is important? Because power and Sith secrets are now in the hands of just one person, an apprentice must be trained and brought up within those mysteries. In that case, declaring onself a Sith Lord in this time frame doesn't cut it.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh, it would be preferable, but my example is the EU Sith known as Darth Krayt, who founds the One Sith while the Rule of Two is still functioning, amasses an army of Sith, and subjugates the galaxy. At that point, it doesn't really matter if he is anointed or not, because he's won.

Maul founded a divergent Rule of Two, and Lumiya continued the Rule of Two in her position as a secret apprentice of Darth Vader.

10. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Interesting. I like your mentioning of Tyranus' clothes. I'm not too fond of him myself but I gotta agree with his sense of style.
    Nice points with regards to his political skills although having not seen much of the clone wars I can't really comment on if they were near equal to Palpatine's. However I would agree his charm was crucial to his success in the influence he had over the Seperatists.
    I approve your sensible paragraphing, separating your main ideas. You lose points for no picture.
    Take 9 points while I consider your next objective.

11. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Lady Vader, I apologise profusely for the lack of a picture. I strive for perfection therefore my failure rankles me, yet your praise of my ability to write correctly eases the wound somewhat. Thank you for the points. Is nine a good number?

In terms of Dooku's clothes, I was specifically refering to his pyjamas, he even got them monogrammed! Now ain't that cool?

Consider me learnified! I had heard of Darth Krayt (sort of in passing) but assumed he was a Sith from the golden age. I look forward to wookieepedia...

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Kev, your task is to educate Dark-Fox. Explain who Darth Krayt is, and what makes him significant.

13. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    [face_plain] ^ I wish I had a minion to boss around. One day...

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Darth Krayt, known as A'Sharad Hett, was an extraordinary example of a man. He was raised from a very young age, not only as a Jedi, but as a Tusken Raider. He served valiantly in the Clone Wars, up until the rise of the Empire. Surviving Order 66 and the Jedi Purge, he made his way back to Tatooine. Believing himself to be the last of the Jedi, he led Tusken Raider clans against human settlements that encroached on Tusken Raider lands, while at the same time preparing for a private war on the Empire.

He led the Tusken Raiders to reclaiming land up until he ran into Obi Wan Kenobi, who was protecting the Lars Homestead. They engaged in a brutal lightsaber duel that left Hett without one arm and unmasked. For a Tusken Raider, to expose any part of one's flesh was forbidden, and even worse, he could not hope to wield the traditional Gaderiffi Baton one handed. Humiliated, his Tusken Raiders turned on him and left. Outcast, he asked Kenobi to finish him off. That is where Kenobi made a costly Jedi mistake, that was done far too often, especially by himself. He acted in compassion, and just like what he did with his own apprentice, he allowed for a rise of a Dark Lord.

After he was self-exiled from Tatooine, he led the life of a Bounty Hunter, masking his presence in the force, until one day he pursued a bounty to the planet Korriban, where his eyes were opened to the Dark Side by one ancient Sith Lady known as XoXaan. After learning in the ways of the Dark Side from the ancient Sith Lady, several years had passed, and by the time he left Korriban the Emperor and Darth Vader had already been defeated and the Battle of Endor was already over.

He made his way into the Unknown regions, and it was there, while being tortured by the Yuuzhan Vong, and learning from Vergere, he received a vision for a new Sith Order. After Vergere left, he escaped, and returned to Korriban, pledging to unify the Galaxy under the will of the Sith. He abolished Darth Bane's Rule of Two, and instead instituted a Rule of One - being one Sith order with many minions.

Using stasis to keep himself alive for well past the normal life expectancy for a Human, especially one with Yuuzhan Vong implants cutting it down. However, Krayt was no mere Human. He would continue to wait, until at last, one-hundred and forty six years after the fall of the first Galactic Republic, when he was an impressive hundred and seventy four years old, his One Sith made their first apperance in the known Galaxy. He usurped the throne of the New Galactic Empire and replaced the Galactic Alliance as the dominant Galactic Power with the Galactic Empire now under his control. Ten years later, he discovered the existence of one known as Cade Skywalker, who possessed a power he desired in his quest for immortality - the ability to bring back one from the brink of death.

Seeking out Skywalker, he expended countless resources to do so, but all proved fruitless, and he fell victim to betrayal at the hands of his most trusted servant, Darth Wyyrlok. However, you cannot kill a Dark Lord such as Krayt so easily, and one year later, the reborn Darth Krayt killed his usurper, ready to continue his search for the young Skywalker, determined as ever.

After several brutal campaigns as a show of force throughout the Galaxy, he finally found his way to Cade Skywalker, with a plan. He was to kill the young Jedi, and revive him, using the very power that Krayt desired from him, in order to turn him to the Dark Side. After an epic duel, Krayt finally got his chance, and put his plan forth into action. Unfortunately, it resulted in his undoing. Yes, he did manage to kill the young Jedi and revive him, but he had failed to turn him, and Skywalker proceeded to use the opportunity to kill him, and afterwards sent his ship with his body onboard into a star, so he would never return again.

Darth Krayt, while possessing admirable skill and power, had a costly flaw - he trusted others far too much. Such weakness shows in his Rule of One. Not every Dark Sider can be trusted with the distinction of being a Sith. The title of Darth is something so special that not just anyone can have it - its for the Strong, and only them.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What are you talking about?

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I believe what he's talking about is the Clone Wars storyline in which Darth Maul returns and pretty much makes his own Rule of Two while claiming Sidious and Tyranus to be false *shudders at the blasphemy*, as well as where Vader and Lumiya pretty much did the same thing later on.

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
  18. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    Thank you Kev, very enlightening. How was it that XoXaan was able to survive for so long? Wasn't she among the first Jedi exiles to be banished after the Hundred Year Darkness?

If I were a Dark Lord of the Sith I wouldn't name myself after a box. I'm surprised Krayt's apprentice wasn't called Darth Baasket! Sorry I couldn't resist :p

19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Actually, XoXaan was a spirit when she appeared to Krayt. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And I have very little to comment accordingly :p

As to Krayt's significance, he brought the Sith to their greatest success since Darth Sidious, conquering the galaxy in a three year war, with only a century of preparation and several other competitors. He also acquired incredible powers during his reign, becoming able to all but surpass death following the betrayal of his second. He was also the head of a second Sith Order, in the secret caverns of Korriban, the Sith Troopers.

DarthJenari and Zeta1127 like this.
  21. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'm curious, what are everyone's opinions on Lord Vitiate?

22. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Hence why I still get confused as to why the ancient sith mock Kyrat in Legacy vol.1. I can't help feeling it's founded more on jealousy than the fact that he broke the rule of two. Krayt saw a weakness (and his chance to seize power) and exploited it. Fully.

EDIT: Which reminds me, I really need to pick up volume 2.

23. Dark-Fox

Sep 28, 2008
    The mistake was mine, your post was clear enough. What I meant was how? Was it a true merging with the force Qui-Gon style or did she anchor her spirit to an object or something like that?

I recently finished reading Drew Karpyshyn's Revan so that was my first introduction to the character. I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge to say more so I'm eager to hear yours and everyone elses opinions too.

I would say that I felt the book was very Star Warsy, like "Sith" and "Emperor" go hand in glove.
    However, why the need for a force power that can devour an entire planet? This is where I sometimes get critical of the EU when I come across these sort of things.

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I'd imagine it would be Sith sorcery, the same way Palpatine's spirit was able to inhabit his clone bodies, and the same way Anjunta Pall was able to appear to Revan in Knights of the Old Republic.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Passion can be controlled as well as anger and hate. Other wise well done my apprentice.

For your next task.

3rd Task

I want you to create a character sheet that would represent you as a Sith.

Here is a CS template for you to use.

Sith Name:
    Name:
    Homeworld:
    Appearance:

Personality:
    Personal effects:
    Skills:
    Weapons:
    Vessel:
    Cargo capacity:
    Crew: