main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Sith training would be no fun for the master without the crushing of the apprentice's body and soul, aalagartassle. [face_devil]

Also, benknobi1 let's say I'm using a Mac. Now how would I type the e with an accent?

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    s65horsey:

3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't have an alt button on a Mac. So try again.

Edit ok so I found the Alt button, aka Option, but it doesn't work to hit that and then e I get this ´

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, since it is his task, I'm gonna let benknobi1 come up with the answer.

aalagartassle likes this.
  5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Right, I'm used to windows jargon, and it took me forever to figure out where the option key was since it literally says alt instead of option on my mac keyboard.

(mac)
    after switching to virtual english keyboard (disregard if you already have physical english keyboard)
    once you press alt then e you get ´
    next press e again... when I do it the ´ is highlighted yellow then i press e right away and it makes é
    if that don't work, you could copy and paste it é

or (on mac)

go to system preferences > language and text > "typing options/méthodes de saisie" ?" it's the fourth tab > on the left column check the first box that says visualize keyboard/characters. On your menu bar you should now see an american flag. Below it lists all your keyboard language choices, check the one that just says French, not the French numeric one. > click the flag on your menu bar> pick french flag > show keyboard. it should be the physical key "2" in the number row. > click on the american flag to go back to normal

6. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    é Oooo!!! The Option press e then press e by itself worked! Excellent. Thank you. Other masters give their apprentices points and I feel like then the apprentice is working for points and not to please their master so I don't give out points. The training you receive is reward enough. :p

Scélérat - for your next task I would like you to tell me what your strongest emotion is and why. This varies from person to person so there is no right or wrong answer, but there can be incomplete answers if you don't tell me enough.

7. Darth Cadaverous

Darth Cadaverous Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2012
    Well, using my phone i just hold down that key and it pops up lol Now that is handheld power lol

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Yeah, I found that feature quite handy (hehe, funny I used that word, as that's the german word for cell phone). Being a Metalhead, I use it quite frequently to make umlauts.

9. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    s65horsey

My strongest emotion is Fear.

It is not anger, hate, or rage that is strongest in me – those are now but shadows long forgotten. However, the purpose they served to mold me into the man I am today, the Sith I am to become, is impossible to ignore.

It has been said that fear leads to anger, anger to hate, and hate to suffering. Since the dawn of existence, the path to the darkside of the force flourished through fear. Even in the hours before the dawn of the Galactic Empire, fear of loss proved to be the downfall of the Republic. Fear inhabits us all, changes us, motivates us, and in my case it thrives, exposing my weaknesses and revealing weakness in others. And yet, I am not afraid. Instead, I recognize my fear and focus it towards the practical – that which is to me of some utility and some small pleasure. Fear is my adrenaline, my raison d’être if you will. It consumes me, but I am its master. Fear makes me truly powerful, and has kept me alive for as long as I can remember. Fear is the darkness to my light, the hatred to my love. We are two sides of the same coin. Always have been, and always will.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    ^ That was deep.^:)^

benknobi1 likes this.
  11. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    I await the Dark Lord of the Sith for judgement

12. Darth Cadaverous

Dec 29, 2012
    I saw your duel, Aalagartassle, it was pretty good. :) What is your favorite style? and why? Just wondering.

I hope everyone's day is ok so far. There are about 7 styles, but I prefer to know several so I am not tied down to one type. I also dont care much about the new Wikkipedia, for it does not hold all the info like it used to, so I am going to rebuy many of my books I used to have and gather up my links of old. :S (Now where did I put them?) :S

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    That's cause the info went to wookieepedia - http://starwars.wikia.com/

Sent from my Comlink

14. Darth Cadaverous

Dec 29, 2012

IF u need me, I will be there, with my nose buried again. :)

15. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Hello Lords, Sithlings and Peons. It is pleasing to see so many new members here, I only wish that I had more time to spend here helping to expand the Empire.

How is everyone doing today?

MTDSBWY[face_devil]

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm delightfully devious today, thanks for asking.

Sent from my Comlink

benknobi1 likes this.
  17. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm just blah today.

18. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Hi just blah today! That's a rather interesting name you've got there!

Sent from my Comlink

19. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    lol thanks Kev

It was born of an era when spaces between words were forbidden;)

...and when I prided myself in being succinct:p

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    lol

Sent from my Comlink

21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Excellent answer, my apprentice, though I would question your sentence "I am not afraid." All are afraid and while you attempt to say you're embracing it that sentence tells me that you are not. Say, "I am afraid, but it will not paralyze me. I am afraid, but it will not stop me. I am afraid, but it will not be my prison." That, I believe, is what you're trying to say.

For there are things in this galaxy to be afraid of but fear is nothing compared to the power of the dark side.

For your second task I want you to tell me who your favorite Sith is and why. Please include if you have read any of the Expanded Universe books, comics, games with this character.

22. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou Peon, Darth Cadaverous I was no illusions that it was a test of strength, determination and most of cunning.
    My two concentrated forms are first and formost Makashi as having previous experience in fencing it fits to my ultimate control. I like to draw in a victim to present what they would consider a fair fight [face_devil] . It is subtle and the best way to describe it is precise, using all of the blade not just slashes. I crave this form for the footwork and proximity. It gets in close to see the victims last soul destroying moment. I agree with Niman as well, as it keeps the multiple agressors at bay. While I train with this in mind, the use of this form helps increase my control of the Force while in battle, having control of the environment is one advantage to seek while either attacking of defending for your life. It also borrows many sequences from form 1 to 5 so it's defence is though predictable, it is accurate. I enjoy the combination as I can ward of attacks with Niman then when I am ready or when oppurtunity presents I can take advantage with Makashi. Niman throws people off balance with subtle force pulls, throws and chokes.
    At the Moment I have a gold lightsaber with a sentienel hilt made of Beskar and the training saber My master gave me to practice with. 2 hours at least every day. Then meditation.

Hello again Death knight Despised1 MTDSBWY as well

******melts back into the shadows to await judgement by the Dark Lady of the Sith**** Teegirloo

23. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    *Comes out of the shadows*

Hey D1 good to see you.

aalagartassle kneel down before me.

24. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ******Kneels before the Dark Lady of the Sith******

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha