main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I would love to enlist.

2. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sinrebirth, do you believe that Korriban once had more life on it?

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm beginning to wonder if you have my details copied so you can tag me anyway.

Dark Lady, if this one doesn't have a Master, I want him to tutor.

And I imagine at one point it was more like Tatooine pre-Rakata, but the Sith wrecked it. It was always called Korriban, as I recall.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to see Korriban back when it was a normal planet.

5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Perhaps the continually large dark-side presences inhabiting the area influenced tectonic movement in the planet, causing increased and continued volcanism and large-scale land movements, which in turn would have to lock the water up somewhere (in icecaps around the poles?) and with the large amounts of dust in the atmosphere chocking the air, this all eventually lead to the transformation into the massive desert planet we know and love.
    I would hardly think it strategic to deliberately turn a very fruitful planet (which can provide food and water for your sith group) into a desert.

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    And did the Dark Side presences come from Sith killing each other?

7. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    (Well this is all theoretical of course but) I would say yes and more so- just the presence of a large amount of dark-siders living on the surface of the planet for a long time- I think just a really continuous dense dark-side presence would mess with anything if it was around long enough, like we're talking about a good few thousand years at least.
    It sure consumed Palpatine's Clone bodies quickly, the thought of it doing the same sort of thing to a planet may be a little out-there, but I don't see it as impossible, particularly in a large time span and if we consider the nature of the Dark side as inherently destructive.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm feeling so sad for Korriban, as if it was murdered! :(

9. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Well the Dark Side doesn't just pop up out of nowhere lol so i'm sure the planet was warped due to the simply countless generations of Sith inhabiting it and practicing the Dark Side on it. Then the fact that they kept coming back even after one order was destroyed certainly can't have helped.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    And all of that stuff murdered Korriban! I agree that the Dark Side doesn't just pop up out of nowhere (although Wookieepedia's Sith species article makes it seem that way).

11. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Sinrebirth go right ahead and train him. I was going to suggest it myself. What about DarthJenari are you done training him?

DarthJenari and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll have both!

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Which planet is more evil? Korriban or Dromund Kaas? (You'll want to see this post, Hansa).

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    P.S. Sinrebirth

15. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Don't really think there's any way to say. Each has had generations of Sith actively living and practicing the Dark Side on it. Korriban's the one that receives the more focus, and if nothing else i'll go with that one as so many Sith Lords had temples there or were buried there, which then led to others being corrupted down the line.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    As my apprentice, Jenari, and one more advanced than Tech, I would like you to set a lesson or task for him. Tech, Jenari has been my apprentice for some time now, so he is poised to become a Lord sooner than yourself.

17. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Sinrebirth Thank you for this honor Master and I will seek to both test our Order's new member, as well as insure that he is worthy of being your Apprentice.

darklordoftech

Since your training is just beginning, I feel it's important to first make sure you understand what it actually means to be a Sith. This requires that we delve somewhat into the history of our Order and the many other Orders that have existed throughout the millennia. You've shown yourself to be interested in the various aspects that make up the past of the Sith, but do you understand how these aspects, these events and goals have shaped us into our current form? Do you truly know the greatness of the Golden Age? Do you comprehend the hunger of Darth Nihilus? Are you aware of the failings of some of our past Orders? All these are things we shall discover with time, and if you are found to be unworthy you shall find yourself consumed by that which you cannot handle.

This lesson will have three parts, each dealing with the nature of the Sith. It is simple enough, I will ask you a question or questions, and you shall answer to the best of your ability. Feel free to take as much time as you want to answer, but do not take too long. Patience is a virtue, but too much reeks of indecision and doubt, which are not qualities we seek in our members.

1. What are three goals that all Sith (Or at least the majority of Sith, as there are some unique cases) share, and why do we attempt to achieve these goals?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Hey folks, can I join and be trained? ah?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Certainly. As the former Dark Lord, I welcome you. To start with, contribute to the discussions with the aim of impressing a Lord who will consider taking you as their apprentice. Until you are taken as an apprentice, you will be known as a Sith Peon.

dark_jedi32 likes this.
  20. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    alright sounds good!

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent. So, for now, tell us why you wish to join the New Sith Order.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    1. Galactic Domination
    2. Extinction of the Jedi
    3. Extinction of political opponents

23. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Right on the first two, wrong on the last one my fellow Apprentice. Try again.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    immortality

25. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    darklordoftech Indeed. Before moving to the next question, let me expand on the answers to the first.

The rule of the galaxy, the destruction of the Jedi Order, and the conquering of death. Each is a goal Sith have aspired to achieve for generations, with many coming close and some even succeeding for a time. The reasons we choose to seek these goals are each simple, but many in the galaxy do not understand and often misinterpret them.

Conflict is the nature of the Dark Side. It exists as a raging storm that builds up inside us and is ready to be unleashed upon our enemies at a moment's notice. It is then no surprise that when granted the power of the Dark Side we seek to dominate those around us. First a city, then a planet, finally the galaxy. It is the natural order of things. Those that cannot survive the conflict are defeated and cast aside. The weak die and the strong thrive. Any system that promotes the opposite is perverted and ineffectual. The nature of the power we wield allows us to realize this and drives us to break free from the chains such a society places on us. The Jedi, fools that they are, seek to thwart us in this goal, which leads to our next point.

As long as the Jedi Order survives, the Sith can never truly rule the galaxy. More than our ancient enemies, they are symbols of a corrupt system. Defenders of the weak and the downtrodden. Instead of letting those who cannot live on their own perish, the Jedi seek to raise them up to the level of those who can, and would have everyone be treated as "equal". Equality is, and always has been a lie. We are not born equal. We do not live equally. And we shall not die equally. If a weak being cannot find the strength to become strong, as Lord Bane did, then they do not deserve to be treated as if they are. On a planet ruled by the Sith this is realized and carried out to its obvious conclusion. In a galaxy littered with Jedi it isn't. And so time and again we clash with the Jedi, each fighting not only to prove the superiority of our teachings, or our Force Powers, but for our very way of life. Jedi and Sith, Sith and Jedi, we cannot coexist in peace, there is room for one one to rule the galaxy.

Once one has conquered all opponents, once the Jedi are nothing more than a worm quashed between a well-traveled boot, one the galaxy is ruled with an iron fist backed by the Force, there is but one enemy left to conquer. Death. Those who gain power fear to lose it. This is the way of the galaxy. Once you have achieved so much, the next question is obvious: How can you make sure you never lose it? How can you make sure your rule lasts? How can you be certain that the Jedi will not rise again and once more attempt to blind the galaxy to its true nature? Simply put, you must live forever.

Living forever is not an easy thing however. This leads to my next question(s): In your opinion, what part does the ritual of Essence Transfer/Transfer Essence play in a Sith achieving the third goal? Is it practical? Effective? What are the weaknesses of it? What are the benefits? Is it worth pursuing?

Sinrebirth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.