main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Because you can't really use those feats as an accurate standard of who is most powerful. If Sidious had the Helm could he have done the same? Probably better. You have to measure them based on raw talent and power, and judge them based on what they can do without external items to boost them.

If you are going to use artificially enhanced feats like that then Jerec would easily be the most powerful after he connected with the power trapped in the Valley of the Jedi....but that doesn't tell us how powerful Jerec was....it tells us more about the power trapped within the Valley of the Jedi than it does about Jerec because when you look at Jerec he wasn't really that impressive at all.

Taking force users and gauging their power at the base levels is going to give you a much more accurate look at individual power levels.

When you do that you see fairly quickly that in terms of feats accomplished without the use of external boosters Sidious > Odion > Jerec, and you can see that because you are looking at each of them on a level playing field.

2. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013

After reading some more on the Emperor, I've to say we have unfairly judged him.

I just finished reading Revan for the second time, and I'd forgotten some of the things about the Emperor that are mentioned there. So, I decided to do a little research on his feats.

He doesn't need any time to prepare his "mind stuff". He snapped his adoptive father's neck with his mind when he was 6 years old. When he faced his birth-father, a Sith Lord, he easily stripped him of his powers and his sanity.
    At thirteen years of age, he was officially recognized by Marka Ragnos and granted the title of Lord. Thirteen years of age. :eek:

At the end of the novel, T3 unexpectedly used its flamethrower on him, and he simply wrapped himself around the Force to avoid any damage. He also sent Revan--- who is no pushover, annihilating Nyriss in seconds while neither the Exile nor Scourge (who was only starting to become powerful) could--- flying across his throne room with little effort, suggesting he was extremely skilled with TK. The Emperor's lightning is described as "infinitely more powerful than Nyriss'" which was too much for the characters mentioned above and enough to tear through shield and desintegrate a being.

All of the above demonstrate powers beyond his mind-control.

aalagartassle and Mikaboshi like this.
  3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That's some crazy powers.

4. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
  5. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Where have all the Peons and Shadow knights gone, are they not strong enough to reach their potential?

6. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    In their moment of weakness they appeared to have abandoned us. I suggest we go look for more victims...er...i..mean peons.

aalagartassle likes this.
  7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I just purchased Darth Plagueis and Decieved, so that's where I am lol.

8. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Darth Plagueis is a good read. It's been awhile since i read it. Never read Deceived that is on my list.

9. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Deceived is pretty good so far. Nice look at a different generation of Sith.

10. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Isn't Deceived about the Old Republic Sith?

11. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Yep. You get kind of a sneak peek into the politics behind how things work among them. Sadly the novel doesn't just focus on Darth Malgus, but like Fatal Alliance before it focuses on a number of characters. Though, just like with Fatal Alliance, I think every character that receives focus is interesting enough to hold their own novel. I'll look into tracking down Revan in a few weeks.

12. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I have Revan but i haven't read it yet. I heard mix reviews about it but i still want to decide for myself if i like it or not.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love how Darth Plagueis connects the Old Republic era to the movie era.

14. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    130 pages into Darth Plagueis and I have to say i'm impressed. It's becoming one of my favorite standalone novels. It provides a good look at many aspects of Sith History, has shoutouts to different EU works spanning the years, and has an interesting main Sith character, who comes off as intelligent, tactical, and avoids the cackling "Unlimited POWAAHHHH!!!!" traits of Palpatine.

15. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Since this is the Sith thread...

I'm promoting:

I'm thinking about creating a Darth Bane fan thread... Would somebody be willing to join if I do?

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Darth Plagueis was so good that i might read it again to refresh my memory of it.

17. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I asked this before but I;ll ask it again. What Sith would you like to see in Episode VII?

18. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Darth Krayt for me... continuity and all that

19. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    aalagartassle I still have to read Legacy. I probably read only the very first two and that's it. I'm so behind on reading it's ridiculous.:p

aalagartassle likes this.
  20. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd vote for Krayt as well.

21. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I suspect that Son (from Mortis) created Korriban.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Greetings purplerain welcome to the NSO. Do you wish to join?

As far as I know there is no evidence suggesting that the Son of Mortis created Korriban.

23. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm glad to join. And my theory is just based on both Son of Mortis and Korriban being manifestations of the Dark Side.

24. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I would all depend on where it is in the timeline. If they are just throwing out the EU and having take place some time that that is already written about, I would prefer they just make a new sith. If they are placing it in the eu time line then it probably would have to krayt.

And would I be able to join?

25. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    purplerain - It's an interesting theory though I'm not a fan of Mortis.

SWBob - [:D] how are you man it's been a long time. Good to see you. Hope to see you around more.

I agree I rather see a new Sith if they are interfering with EU timeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.