main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Done, 'my Lord'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    im in the community senate if that counts.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The EUC or swc?

4. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
  5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So no other takers for the RPG?

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Guess not...

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Grumble. Sith roll call!

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello. I was just reading the first post and it reads like an RP rather than a fan club. I am much more interested in the Empire, Imperials, and my favoourite Sith is Darth Tyrannus. Are there any clubs that don't operate like an RP? I simply want to discuss what interests me.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We can discuss here, and do :)

Why Darth Tyrannus specifically?

I must admit he is my favourite of the Rule of Two apprentices, over Vader and Maul.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    1. He's an elder and I really find age and experience attractive
    2. He was my introduction to Sir Christopher Lee in 2002
    3. He has class, skill, passion, and reason.
    4. I believe he had nobility and honour

I have not watched hardly any TCW and I quit reading DR. I have my view of Tyrannus nearly solely based on Lee's role in the films.
    Given how other areas of the boards treat me speaking of liking Dooku, Lee, Tarkin, Cushing, and the Empire I was hoping this might be a place I could at least be heard in peace.

Darth_BDO likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dooku's nobility doesn't shine through in a lot of pieces of work, though he is particularly well detailed in the novel of Revenge of the Sith.

We Sith appreciate the finer things.

I personally approve of all things Imperial and refined; an Empire is the epiphany of perfection, be it Sith or otherwise.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yeah, so I gathered by a lot of people seeming to think I'm foolish for saying I like him. All this nonsense of cannon levels and the rumours of axing EU aren't helping. Principally I think it's Lee that infuses Dooku with nobility.

Thank you for saying that. :) May I speak of my impressions and ack questions here then without the RP elements I get nervous doing RP and it sounds overly serious. Given my personal circumstances I really need a haven not more nonsense.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Certainly. Go for it.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you. :) First, what do you personally view about the Sith, Empire, and Imperials and on what information did you formulate it, Sir? I wouldn't be so opposed to hearing about impressions of Tarkin, Dooku, and Pellaeon among others if it wasn't presented in a hostile manner. Basically everyone says that they are 'black' due to either one action or because other sources say so. If you know of TCW or Death Star or Dark Rendezvous or other books that inform on Cushing and Lee's characters will you please provide me the major points and explain why the majority of posters seem to think it's stupid to find the Empire/Darksiders interesting? To me it's a lot of 'Only my perception's right' and endless arguing. Hardly anyone actually listens or discusses anything here in my experience.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, part of that is the nature of the Internet, sadly.

As to the Empire, the regality, the legitimacy, the sense of Order attracted me to it. Certainly I do like a good villain, but a Galactic Empire of might and power is appeasing fullstop. Benevolent totalitarianism.

The so-called 'good' Imperials like the aforementioned Pellaeon, Rogriss and so forth. The gentlemen of the Sith who act out of ice, rather than fire - Dooku as opposed to Ventress. Sadly we have few logical Sith, and even fewer good Imperials even after the Bastion Accords, though plenty by the reign of Emperor Fel III.

I do intrigue about the point which the Empire and Sith divorced, though. And it is not necessarily when there was no longer a Sith on the throne, the last being Carnor Jax.

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Indeed.

Yes. I do not think the idea of the Empire is bad at all just that the execution was somewhat mishandled because all Sidious seemed to care about was power.

I absolutely thought Gilad rocked, man. He showed that an Imperial could be a man and dare to have a heart. He also cared about things, people, and was much more sensible than many. I think he truly wanted peace.I was rather put out when I heard he was assassinated. Why? Simply because he was in the way of Jacen's plans or something? Or because people thought he was 'too old' to be of any use? Many people here seem to have no respect for age or experience. They seem to think it's all hot shots and flash. This is a universe at war you'd need intelligent men of experience and such to properly prepare the younglings. I really don't like how it seems us Westerners have a anyone over 40 is obsolete attitude. It's pathetic.

I kind of see Gilad as the Imperial Tarkin might have been had Sir Peter been able to do him as he chose rather than being GL's 'Human Face of Evil'. Ugh, I feel so bad for that man.

Yes, I am much more inclined to one like Dooku as well. Ventress seemed very brash and not reasonable. I agree also about the Empire/Sith split and I puzzle at the Imperial Knights. I do not know their history and they almost seem a contradiction in terms because it implies they are Imperial Jedi or Sith and as far as I know other than Puppet Master and his Bull Dog the Force-Sensitives were almost annihilated. Sir Peter said in ANH that Vader was the last of that ancient religion. Okay, technically incorrect given Ben and Yoda had survived but very stark nonetheless.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, much of the post-Endor arcs detail how Luke sets the Jedi Order back up, and we have arcs on how various dark Jedi and Sith perpetuate their Orders - there is a lot of Jedi and Sith legacy for either faction to inherit.

I loved Pellaeon. We do have an Imperial Remnant Fan Club in this area of the boards you would probably enjoy. I am a rather heavy fan of Darth Caedus for my part, as a logical Sith, not a mad one (for the most part).

There are not all that many cold Sith out there from what I can gather.

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I still don't understand how Darth Vader II can work for anyone, all I see is a pointless derailment of Jacen Solo that is too derivative of Anakin Skywalker during the PT and makes absolutely complete and totally no sense in the context of Traitor and the NJO.

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I just found it, Sinre. I love Gilad. :D

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    A context which they took pains to explain in FotJ. And comparing Jacen's arc from Star by Star to Apocalypse to Anakin's is somewhat hard considering their stories are so different.

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The thought of Jacen Solo falling to the dark side offends me, to the point it never even crossed my mind as a possibility until I heard about the post-NJO. I don't understand how the concept is in any way, shape, or form consistent with Jacen's character arc in the NJO, where Darth Vader II even came from other than Denning didn't understand Traitor, or how anyone can see anything other than Jacen Solo being a knockoff of Anakin Skywalker, because falling because of a loved one is too derivative of Anakin's fall in my opinion.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    That's an interesting take. I thought Jacen falling and becoming a Sith totally didn't make sense either. However I quit reading after Betrayal. So I don't know the details of what happened between then and him being killed or basically anything after. I basically only know almost all my EU chars of choice are dead or distorted.

23. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I stopped after reading TUF, and after eventually hearing about what happened in the post-NJO, I became very glad I stopped where I did and consider TUF to be the end of the timeline, excluding any potential interest I may have in the two Legacy comics.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't blame you a bit. It seems starting in the NJO they started going on a killing spree killing a lot of the EU characters many of us readers actually cared about. I get this is a war story but I don't like the grim tone everything took.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Zeta, I would heartily recommend the Legacy comics. Pure Expanded Universe joy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.