main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have heard so many good things about the Legacy comics, that I feel obligated to at least give them the benefit of the doubt, despite my own misgivings about them.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I've seen a lot of praise for the Legacy set. I don't understand it myself but I haven't read it either. Is that the arc about Cade, a descendant of Luke's?

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Cade's the main protagonist- though I think others get fairly good arcs as well.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Who stands out to you and why, please?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Emperor Fel III, a lightsider who rules the Empire and has his thrown usurped by Darth Krayt... Krayt himself is a very interesting Sith, as well as his elites Wyyrlok III, Maladi, Nihl and Talon. Fel's foremost Imperial Knights, Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg... The leader of the Alliance, the Duros named Gar Stazi... Cade himself has his moments, Luke's appearances...

The Imperial Knights generally, as light siders sworn to the service of the Force personified by the Emperor, are intriguing.

Krayt, struggling against the Yuuzhan Vong beast trying to consume him, and his One Sith regime - that there is one Order and that is all that matters...

... Oh, and Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers. So many original designs and which are so well designed and detailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    That's interesting Lightsiders serving the Empire. I like it but it doesn't really make sense. Do the Alliance and Empire eventually merge then? I almost thought that may have been the first hint of what Gilad did in NJO.

Yes, Gilad got his own ship class. :D May I see one please?

7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    A little late to the discussion, but Dooku is one of my favorite Sith as well. His appearance in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous is amazing.

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I got unnerved and quit halfway can you tell me about how he is please? I'm glad someone took Lee's Dooku seriously because to me nearly everyone almost solely sees him as how he is in TCW and I don't understand. I don't like anyone so far there as it seems everyone gets personality shifts.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You should persevere at it. Dooku is cast quite sympathetically.

And you are quite capable of googling the Pellaeon-class I expect! I recommend you look as you might find other interesting things in your wanderings!

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Why did you get unnerved?

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Good question there. Damn Jedi.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I got unnerved because it seemed to have pagan and torture themes.

13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Really? I wasn't picking up that at all. Maybe I need a reread...

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well it's why I recall I quit that's what they asked. I think it had to do with Ventress.

15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Weird. Anyways, Dooku was very well portrayed in this book. Its by far the closest to the movie portrayal. It really made you feel for him and the situation he had gotten himself into. The scenes with him and Yoda interacting were quite sad.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ventress is a more course kind of Sith, to be honest. But it's no more distressing than Vader torturing Han or Leia as in the films :)

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes, I did get that vibe. It was the only one that came close in my experience to treating Dooku like a lost son. I thought it was due honestly.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I could not more strongly recommend it. Dooku has some wonderful scenes with Yoda. It's very poignant.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  19. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Agreed. Loved the whole bit with the light and the shell.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That made me sad, especially the shell scene at the very end.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes the shell is sad. As is the whole I will always guide you back home vibe given that ultimately the split was permanent.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The shell at the end is worse I assure you...

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I believe you. I did read the end and I was very hollow at the time but I don't remember what happened now. It was a very sad book and Ventress is I believe the element that had me quit.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ho hum.

I'm off to work now, adieu!

25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    *Evil Crackle* [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.