main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    It was pointed out to me that Nihilus resembles the Priestesses that Yoda meets in the TCW episode, "Destiny". I find that very interesting.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That... That is curious.

I wonder if Nihilus (or his Master (or Revan)) met them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purplerain likes this.
  3. Darth 1138

Darth 1138 Jedi Knight

Apr 27, 2014
    In fact Nihilus and the priestesses once played a lengthy and strategic game of strip pazaak... one for the Legends

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Greetings, Lords of the Sith. It has been an age since I've walked these hallowed halls but with such drama as the possible ending of the EU, I think I'll make an effort to be a regular poster again...

I have to admit I had an embarrassing squee moment when Korriban appeared on TCW. It got me thinking about metaphysics and Sith efforts to conquer death - to what degree is theirs the right approach? I like to think Jedi ghosting has far less permanence than the existence of Sith spirits, that are bound to the physical world. I'm more in the Plagueis mold of thinking regarding the existence of an afterlife realm; to my mind, the Sith, for all their flaws and follies, are the pioneers of life extension and transhumanism in the GFFA. On a somewhat related note, I actually had no problem with the name Moraband; while I prefer Korriban, I think the 'moribund' word play would have made me prefer Moraband (spelled Morriband, perhaps) if I were not acquainted with Korriban well enough to be biased. Moraband also reminded me of Angband, Morgoth's fortress from Tolkien's The Silmarillion, and perhaps carries with it more menace than Korriban.

Anyway, how's it going, Dark Ones?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It goes well, but vagueness surrounding the EU reboot abounds, undermine the Order.

So far 5000 BBY to 3600 BBY remains, and of course Darth Bane and the Rule of Two Sith that descend from Sidious during the Clone Wars show. But little else.

6. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Hmmm it has been too long... this place still survives.

I have not gotten to that part in the TCW series I just started watching it on NETFLIX, so interested to see what you are talking about. My ideas about Korriban are formed from the darkside sourcebook I go over 10 years ago... and the KOTOR games.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dragonsith13! It has been far too long! I was but a Peon when I last saw you, during the reign of Dark Lord Vassago, before what we now call the New Sith Civil War. I reign now, over what remains following the long deterioration of continuity... Though we have had many Sith to follow in the revelations of the novels and games...

*briefly remembers the return of Lady Lumiya, the rise of Darth Caedus and Darth Krayt, and the information revealed regarding the True Sith under Emperor Vitiate and the existence of a Lost Tribe of the Sith*

Essentially Korriban acquired some new names recently, during it's ownership by Xim the Despot and by the Clone Wars series. We have had a fair amount of Sith intrigue, considering the Clone Wars is an era of but two Sith... Though some apprentices have gone awry.

Korriban also featured in one of the Old Republic trailers so it's place in the 'new canon' is pretty secure.

aalagartassle likes this.
  8. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    It has been quite a while... been quite busy myself with DRL good to see some old faces as well as the new ones!

I like how the leadership here has added onto the original NSO structure that we created.

I remember being Grand Vizier, during that period...

Yes it is good to see the new knowledge regarding the Sith homeworld, and your right in regards to TCW and the abundance of dark side intrigue as they are all good pieces of the puzzle to gathering darkside knowledge.

9. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    All these old NSO Sith Lord sightings, trouble must right around the corner. [face_mischief]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Why would you ever say such a thing...

*goes back to sharpening blade*

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *chuckles softly*

Welcome back to the darkness. For too long we have been without a little bit of wit and humour. All seriousness and coups as of late, what with the Disney announcements rendering much of the old canon 'legends'.

For our purposes I suggest that we adopt a 'wait and see' approach to the Orders personal canon, epitomised in the various role playing games we have ran.

12. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    You may get a little more of such wit and humor...

Though in all seriousness it is good to be home and here...

Ill just go back to prepping the interrogation droids and Sith alchemy creations I have been maintaining...

*whistles don't look at me tune*

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    My wit and humor dried up long ago, if ever such a thing existed in the first place.

All I have left is a fish, and nobody to slap with it.

14. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Cod, salmon, or pike?

I prefer pike because its streamlined and I can get more speed built up to smack with.

15. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I prefer cod due to its stench.

16. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Solid reasoning, though the pike does have nice hard fins on it which can inflict damage if they strike right...

So a question to everyone... I have been watching TCW as of late, throughout it we see force users performing quite some extensive feats. Does anyone think this diminishes the movies or the acts of force users in the movies?

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It depends upon which feats you refer to I suppose. The Nightsisters are employing the Force as magick, so that is somewhat acceptable.

However, the Force Unleashed makes the film Force users look pathetic which is somewhat ridiculous.

aalagartassle and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Mortis was literal, I would say yes. However, I'm certain that Mortis wasn't literal.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Abeloth is literal though.

20. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    The use as Luke, Yoda or the Emperor and Vader being the most powerful forces the galaxy ever seen would be somewhat overbearing and cliche. I don't think it diminishes the movies as as the Jedi powers wane the Sith resurface and when ones power wanes they are not at their best, also true though when resurfacing they are not at their prime. Powerful they may be, but the most powerful?

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In that case, Denning diminishes the movies and the acts of Force-users in the movies.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    How? Sidious' death balanced the Force, but nobody ever said balance was a permanent thing. Further, the Father implies the Sith are responsible for the imbalance which is killing him.

The tale of Mortis that Luke told - that Anakin should have stayed - is a second hand tale told by Yoda, who undoubtedly believed that Anakin should have stayed and took the place of the Father at the time he told Luke.

23. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Surely nothing good can come about from so many old Sith showing themselves at once.

dragonsith13 and Mikaboshi like this.
  24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    ~smacks wanderguard with a smelly old cod~

Sinrebirth and Wanderguard like this.
  25. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    I knew you couldn't be far away, old friend. How is life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.